This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nishi99 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

In Character

No Prep Time

Setting Hercule City

#2 Posted by Bossmonster (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash before breakfast

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (17314 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's in character Vegeta can take it.

#4 Edited by xeon1cs (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you intend to use a picture of Wally? Or were you wanting this to be Barry?

Wally accelerates FTL and IMPs in character.

#5 Posted by Barry West (150 posts) - - Show Bio

FLash speedblitz Vegeta... tho if Vegeta manages just one KI blast... he wins because of his raw power. He could throw a multi planet attack to Flash.

#6 Posted by kcaz (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta release an area wide ki blast

#7 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

If its in character, Vegeta is gonna be extremely arrogant as always which will be his downfall.

#8 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
That appears to be Vegeta from the 25th Budokai Tenkaiichi. He was nearing SSJ2 (before Babidi's Majin 'transformation'), which puts him at FLT speeds. This should be his win.
#9 Posted by ComicStooge (16062 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

That appears to be Vegeta from the 25th Budokai Tenkaiichi. He was nearing SSJ2 (before Babidi's Majin 'transformation'), which puts him at FLT speeds. This should be his win.

How? Flash's speed is so much faster then light it isn't funny. The guy's ridiculous.

#10 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

like dumping a baby into a dumpster

#11 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

That appears to be Vegeta from the 25th Budokai Tenkaiichi. He was nearing SSJ2 (before Babidi's Majin 'transformation'), which puts him at FLT speeds. This should be his win.

How? Flash's speed is so much faster then light it isn't funny. The guy's ridiculous.

How? As time progressed, Vegeta had trained for so long (mainly to overpower Goku, or to be as powerful as Goku). Goku was FTL before the Vegeta Saga, so it's safe to say that Vegeta is FTL considering his involvement. He kept up with Goku in both speed and combat. Now factor in his rejuvenations (healing), and his power-ups from those healings, his speed increased exponentially.
#12 Posted by xeon1cs (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory: He's still not even remotely as fast as Flash. He's going to have trouble tagging Wally to begin with. And when Wally accelerates, it's pretty much over.

Also when has Vegeta consistently moved at FTL for more than a few seconds?

#13 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@ComicStooge said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

That appears to be Vegeta from the 25th Budokai Tenkaiichi. He was nearing SSJ2 (before Babidi's Majin 'transformation'), which puts him at FLT speeds. This should be his win.

How? Flash's speed is so much faster then light it isn't funny. The guy's ridiculous.

How? As time progressed, Vegeta had trained for so long (mainly to overpower Goku, or to be as powerful as Goku). Goku was FTL before the Vegeta Saga, so it's safe to say that Vegeta is FTL considering his involvement. He kept up with Goku in both speed and combat. Now factor in his rejuvenations (healing), and his power-ups from those healings, his speed increased exponentially.

Since when? I call BS on that one.

#14 Posted by ComicStooge (16062 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@ComicStooge said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

That appears to be Vegeta from the 25th Budokai Tenkaiichi. He was nearing SSJ2 (before Babidi's Majin 'transformation'), which puts him at FLT speeds. This should be his win.

How? Flash's speed is so much faster then light it isn't funny. The guy's ridiculous.

How? As time progressed, Vegeta had trained for so long (mainly to overpower Goku, or to be as powerful as Goku). Goku was FTL before the Vegeta Saga, so it's safe to say that Vegeta is FTL considering his involvement. He kept up with Goku in both speed and combat. Now factor in his rejuvenations (healing), and his power-ups from those healings, his speed increased exponentially.

True, Vageta is powerful, but Flash is the most powerful human in the DCU (Pre-Flashpoint). He's literally outran death, can control kenetic energy from pretty much anything that moves, is capable of knocking out a being that has Kryptonian level durability in a single punch, can vibrate his molecules through solid objects ect, ect. He simply has too much going for him, to lose to Vegeta.

#15 Posted by Dextersinister (7106 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash wins, Saiyans have never been portrayed as being able think faster than the normal person more than likely they would probably be considered slow witted so at best the speed is in reflexes so the fight is over before Vegeta can form a thought in his head.

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (59018 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash.
BB

#17 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@xeon1cs said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: He's still not even remotely as fast as Flash. He's going to have trouble tagging Wally to begin with. And when Wally accelerates, it's pretty much over.

Also when has Vegeta consistently moved at FTL for more than a few seconds?

He hasn't, and there doesn't need to be consistent feats in that respect. If he shows he is, for any amount of time, it still shows that he is. He's more of a brawler, get-in-and-taunt type of character. But he does have the power to become faster if needed.
 
@SpeedForceSpider said:
Since when? I call BS on that one.
Goku was able to keep up with Raditz, who was stated to be FTL. When Goku was dead, and trained by King Kai, it's automatically assumed he became faster (should be a given).
#18 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@ComicStooge said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

That appears to be Vegeta from the 25th Budokai Tenkaiichi. He was nearing SSJ2 (before Babidi's Majin 'transformation'), which puts him at FLT speeds. This should be his win.

How? Flash's speed is so much faster then light it isn't funny. The guy's ridiculous.

How? As time progressed, Vegeta had trained for so long (mainly to overpower Goku, or to be as powerful as Goku). Goku was FTL before the Vegeta Saga, so it's safe to say that Vegeta is FTL considering his involvement. He kept up with Goku in both speed and combat. Now factor in his rejuvenations (healing), and his power-ups from those healings, his speed increased exponentially.

True, Vageta is powerful, but Flash is the most powerful human in the DCU (Pre-Flashpoint). He's literally outran death, can control kenetic energy from pretty much anything that moves, is capable of knocking out a being that has Kryptonian level durability in a single punch, can vibrate his molecules through solid objects ect, ect. He simply has too much going for him, to lose to Vegeta.

Vegeta has too much going for him to lose to the Flash. He still wants another fight with Goku. Lol.
#19 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@xeon1cs said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: He's still not even remotely as fast as Flash. He's going to have trouble tagging Wally to begin with. And when Wally accelerates, it's pretty much over.

Also when has Vegeta consistently moved at FTL for more than a few seconds?

He hasn't, and there doesn't need to be consistent feats in that respect. If he shows he is, for any amount of time, it still shows that he is. He's more of a brawler, get-in-and-taunt type of character. But he does have the power to become faster if needed.

@SpeedForceSpider said:
Since when? I call BS on that one.
Goku was able to keep up with Raditz, who was stated to be FTL. When Goku was dead, and trained by King Kai, it's automatically assumed he became faster (should be a given).

Raditz is not FTL that was a dub error. Now unless you have proof other than a silly hyperbole statement that is that.

#20 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpeedForceSpider said:
Raditz is not FTL that was a dub error. Now unless you have proof other than a silly hyperbole statement that is that.
Please show me where it's explained that it was a dub error. Or is your own opinion?
#21 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:
Raditz is not FTL that was a dub error. Now unless you have proof other than a silly hyperbole statement that is that.
Please show me where it's explained that it was a dub error. Or is your own opinion?

Oh other than the fact it is not stated in the original manga gee I wonder? You still have yet to prove he is FTL and why Goku couldn't make it back to Earth in a timely fashion.

#22 Posted by Le_Piaf (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

The Flash.
BB

#23 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#24 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpeedForceSpider said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:
Raditz is not FTL that was a dub error. Now unless you have proof other than a silly hyperbole statement that is that.
Please show me where it's explained that it was a dub error. Or is your own opinion?

Oh other than the fact it is not stated in the original manga gee I wonder? You still have yet to prove he is FTL and why Goku couldn't make it back to Earth in a timely fashion.

Your sarcasm aside (unneeded, by the way), I've elaborated that pretty clearly. Raditz was FTL, therefore Goku is faster than light since his return. He was dead.
#25 Posted by xeon1cs (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory: Even if he was dead. He wasn't FTL when he crossed Snake Way to King Kais. And he wasn't FTL on the way back either.

#26 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@xeon1cs said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: Even if he was dead. He wasn't FTL when he crossed Snake Way to King Kais. And he wasn't FTL on the way back either.

I'm done for the night, but I'll make a coherent response to this when I'm more awake later.
#27 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:
Raditz is not FTL that was a dub error. Now unless you have proof other than a silly hyperbole statement that is that.
Please show me where it's explained that it was a dub error. Or is your own opinion?

Oh other than the fact it is not stated in the original manga gee I wonder? You still have yet to prove he is FTL and why Goku couldn't make it back to Earth in a timely fashion.

Your sarcasm aside (unneeded, by the way), I've elaborated that pretty clearly. Raditz was FTL, therefore Goku is faster than light since his return. He was dead.

I have yet to see scans of factual evidence behind your claims. I asked for evidence I am not going to simply take your word for it if that's what you think. You keep dodging the question and giving me claims. I literally sat there and proved Raditz was not FTL thanks to Goku not making it back to Earth before almost everyone was killed. Hell, Vegeta sat there for an hour and he was still too slow. Being dead in the DBZ universe doesn't magically take away FTL speed. If you don't want to seriously debate then fine, but this nonsense has to stop.

#28 Posted by Sylvain (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#29 Posted by XImpossibruX (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sylvain said:

Flash

#30 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory:

in the Japanese version he says "his speed it's unbelievable!"

skip to 4:48

#31 Posted by AngryHulks (3089 posts) - - Show Bio

In earlier thread, someone had made a point that DBZ characters can move FTL because they dodged the energy blast. (Time it takes for a blast to reach the Moon)

But then during Thor vs Superman debates, another one made a point that dodging laser and what-is-suppose-to-be-light-speed projectiles is actually street levelers' feat.

#32 Posted by solesamurai (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:
Raditz is not FTL that was a dub error. Now unless you have proof other than a silly hyperbole statement that is that.
Please show me where it's explained that it was a dub error. Or is your own opinion?

Oh other than the fact it is not stated in the original manga gee I wonder? You still have yet to prove he is FTL and why Goku couldn't make it back to Earth in a timely fashion.

Your sarcasm aside (unneeded, by the way), I've elaborated that pretty clearly. Raditz was FTL, therefore Goku is faster than light since his return. He was dead.

I have yet to see scans of factual evidence behind your claims. I asked for evidence I am not going to simply take your word for it if that's what you think. You keep dodging the question and giving me claims. I literally sat there and proved Raditz was not FTL thanks to Goku not making it back to Earth before almost everyone was killed. Hell, Vegeta sat there for an hour and he was still too slow. Being dead in the DBZ universe doesn't magically take away FTL speed. If you don't want to seriously debate then fine, but this nonsense has to stop.

Goku rode the Nimbus cloud, to go fight vegeta he didn't even fly. Although I can agree goku was probably not light speed at that time, he wasn't until his fight with frieza IMO.

#33 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

@nishi99 said:

vs

In Character

No Prep Time

Setting Hercule City

Wally steals all of Vegeta's speed and leaves him immobile for the rest of forever.

#34 Posted by nickthedevil (14767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Wally steals all of Vegeta's speed and leaves him immobile for the rest of forever.

I like this answer.

ANOTHER

#35 Posted by Count Bleck (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Wally steals all of Vegeta's speed and leaves him immobile for the rest of forever.

I like this answer.

ANOTHER

Wally throws enough IMPs in a single second to account for each and every single atom making up Vegeta's body?

#36 Posted by nickthedevil (14767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Count Bleck said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Wally steals all of Vegeta's speed and leaves him immobile for the rest of forever.

I like this answer.

ANOTHER

Wally throws enough IMPs in a single second to account for each and every single atom making up Vegeta's body?

Even BETTER!

#37 Posted by xxxddd (3706 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

The Flash.
BB

#38 Posted by Illuminatus (9578 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: Bit of confirmation bias, eh?

#39 Edited by The_Mayhem_Theory (1085 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpeedForceSpider said:

I have yet to see scans of factual evidence behind your claims. I asked for evidence I am not going to simply take your word for it if that's what you think. You keep dodging the question and giving me claims. I literally sat there and proved Raditz was not FTL thanks to Goku not making it back to Earth before almost everyone was killed. Hell, Vegeta sat there for an hour and he was still too slow. Being dead in the DBZ universe doesn't magically take away FTL speed. If you don't want to seriously debate then fine, but this nonsense has to stop.
Okay. One, I'm not "dodging" anything, it's just taking me a while to find what I need. You asked for evidence, I'm working on that evidence for you. Second, you made a statement that it was a dub error, and when asked to show me where it says it's a dub error, you've "dodged" it. I believe that sort of statement trumps my need to find you evidence that it wasn't. So don't give me this "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude, it's a false sense of entitlement and downright childish. Third, all you needed to do was show me what @CerberusPrime3k showed me (though he could have given me the Japanese version, which I preferred most). If this wasn't a "serious" debate, I wouldn't be replying to it. Grow up.
 
I'm still siding for Vegeta.
#40 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory: Coudn't really find the ep subed on Youtube but heres a link to watch it subbed if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.nwanime.com/dragon-ball-z-episode-4/watch/c4d3c0861a46bd2dc52c/

its around 16:00 Piccolo says "H-He Avoided it! W-What kind of bastard is he, with such speed?"

#41 Posted by Sherlock (7399 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta literally has no chance here.If you can make a case for Superman beating him then Flash will trounce him badly.

#42 Posted by BlackWind (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider: I heard the same about it being a dub/translation mistake.

#43 Posted by Bo88gdan (5265 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#44 Edited by xeon1cs (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@nishi99 said:

vs

In Character

No Prep Time

Setting Hercule City

Wally steals all of Vegeta's speed and leaves him immobile for the rest of forever.

Not in character he isn't. Wally will IMP in character, that's it. Maybe Speed Force dump. He won't do to Vegeta what he did to Inertia. He only did that because Bart died.

#45 Posted by Kratesis (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash wins. IMP, Speed Steal are all to much for Vegeta.

#46 Posted by Chevaliere (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash has it. Even ki blasts are not fast enough to tag him.

#47 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash can take this one, via Speed Steal.

#48 Posted by sync1 (3060 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash with absolute ease.

#49 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20819 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

If it's in character Vegeta can take it.

This.

If not then the Saiyan Prince goes down hard.

Online
#50 Posted by Simon_the_digger (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash wins easily