#1 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Vs.

Rules

Round 1: Morals on
Round 2: Morals off

#2 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Shredder is more skilled and he beat the turtles in comics and movies....

Vega isnt even as skilled as the turtles let alone Shredder.

Shredder 9/10

#3 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

What would the difference be between morals off and morals on for these two? One is an underground fighter that kills his opponents, and the other is a militant ninja-gang leader bent on world domination. They have no morals.

In any case...

@goodguy24 said:

Shredder is more skilled and he beat the turtles in comics and movies....

Vega isnt even as skilled as the turtles let alone Shredder.

Shredder 9/10

Cosigned!

#4 Posted by 1cure (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, Shredder and Vega don't have morals so both rounds should have the same outcome. Vega is a 1 v 1 fighter and Shredder takes on the ninja turtles 1 v 4 dozens of times. Vega is super concerned about his pretty boy face and is quite agile but Shredder would tear that chain fence crawling pansy in that simple arena.

#5 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3024 posts) - - Show Bio

Saki beats the pretty boy down ftw

#6 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Vega has a better chance against Wolverine.

#7 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Vega is underestimated, most of the time hes all classy and typical pretty boy swag type of character but morals off hes a beast.

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

Vega is underestimated, most of the time hes all classy and typical pretty boy swag type of character but morals off hes a beast.

I think Vega is preatyy skilled. However few things to pint out here.

Vega in unarmoured and Shredder has Armour.

Vega works best as a Cage fighter or Room area. He uses his jumps and elevation alot. That Gym are is not so much.

Shredder has 2 weapon to Vegas 1.

Finnaly Vega skilled is good but this sells me to Shredder.

Going with Shredder.

#9 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Vega could move, but as far as overall better fighter. Shredder all the way, so Shredder

#10 Edited by k4tzm4n (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say I'm only a casual Street Fighter fan. Could anyone share feats Vega has in the comics or films? In the meantime, I'll watch the video posted above. On a somewhat related note, I've always thought Sagat was quite a boss. Any good match ideas for him?

Staff
#11 Posted by Doombot_666 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Shredder has better fighting feats and is better armed. Shredder wins this, no question.

#12 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of them have morals to begin with, do they?

#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched the above video and it essentially confirms what I already thought of Vega. Skilled and quite agile, but certainly not among the best in his respective world. I think he has what it takes to give Shredder a workout and a very entertaining battle, but so far, IDW Shredder appears to have the edge in both reflexes, skill, and gear. Also, the open environment won't benefit Vega's impressive mobility.

Nice battle, @IZZR:

Staff
#14 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused as to how you are defining the ‘morals’ OP. Are you saying that the way they are portrayed in a regular day of their lives, is them with morals? If that is the case, then Shredder is the most evil beast known to mankind. I.E.; getting kids hooked on drugs, slapping around Rocksteady and Bebop, killing the occasional Foot Clan member to remind everyone who’s boss, creating his own mutated creatures, enhancing his personal attributes and tooling the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in most any fight; which is all in a day’s work for Shredder. If that is the level of morals he is starting with, I am not sure I can fathom how evil and beastly he would become. Super –Shredder wouldn’t hold a candle to this version of Shredder. At that point, even the Joker would think he is too far gone into insanity.

MY GOD…YOU’VE CREATED A MONSTER!

This wouldnt be a terrible fight, but in the end, only Shredder will walk away after a somewhat quick bout. A better match-up would have been Vega vs. Leonardo, IMO.

#15 Edited by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

I'd say I'm only a casual Street Fighter fan. Could anyone share feats Vega has in the comics or films? In the meantime, I'll watch the video posted above. On a somewhat related note, I've always thought Sagat was quite a boss. Any good match ideas for him?

Sagat? erm probably Shang Chi, or Shao Kahn in a H2H fight no wepons. @nerdork said:

I am confused as to how you are defining the ‘morals’ OP. Are you saying that the way they are portrayed in a regular day of their lives, is them with morals? If that is the case, then Shredder is the most evil beast known to mankind. I.E.; getting kids hooked on drugs, slapping around Rocksteady and Bebop, killing the occasional Foot Clan member to remind everyone who’s boss, creating his own mutated creatures, enhancing his personal attributes and tooling the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in most any fight; which is all in a day’s work for Shredder. If that is the level of morals he is starting with, I am not sure I can fathom how evil and beastly he would become. Super –Shredder wouldn’t hold a candle to this version of Shredder. At that point, even the Joker would think he is too far gone into insanity.

MY GOD…YOU’VE CREATED A MONSTER!

This wouldnt be a terrible fight, but in the end, only Shredder will walk away after a somewhat quick bout. A better match-up would have been Vega vs. Leonardo, IMO.

Sorry i know youre new so ill explain, morals on means that they wont be looking to damage their opponent to a certain extent morals off is when theyre going for the kill lol

@k4tzm4n
Here are some scans of Vega.
#16 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: Oh, okay. Yeah, i am still learning all of the slang and what not. I guess my next question would be...Wouldnt they always be looking for a killing blow, even with morals on? I have never seen an instance where either of them have showed mercy to an enemy/opponent. Shredder may not have killed the Turtles, but not for lack of trying. And Vega, im pretty sure, only doesnt kill the opponents who beat him. I guess, i dont know how to measure morals on these two chars. LOL

#17 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Even though they're not canon, Vega got beat by Chun-Li in the anime movie and in the SF:Legend of Chun Li film, I thought his best showing in terms of movies was the first film where he was taking on Ryu personally.

cant seem to find the

#18 Posted by k4tzm4n (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Even though they're not canon, Vega got beat by Chun-Li in the anime movie and in the SF:Legend of Chun Li film, I thought his best showing in terms of movies was the first film where he was taking on Ryu personally.

cant seem to find the

Oh man, I remember renting that awhile ago. Not a good choice, haha.

Staff
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: Awesome, love the art in those panels.

Staff
#20 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@nerdork said:

@IZZR: Oh, okay. Yeah, i am still learning all of the slang and what not. I guess my next question would be...Wouldnt they always be looking for a killing blow, even with morals on? I have never seen an instance where either of them have showed mercy to an enemy/opponent. Shredder may not have killed the Turtles, but not for lack of trying. And Vega, im pretty sure, only doesnt kill the opponents who beat him. I guess, i dont know how to measure morals on these two chars. LOL

No worries dude lol.. well thats the thing morals on is basically the fight between Vega and E Honda, he just wanted to beat him thats all not finish him. there are instances where both shredder and Vega just fight to see if they can beat their opponent lol. 

@k4tzm4n said:

@IZZR: Awesome, love the art in those panels.

I know right? Udon has amazing art.
#21 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@1cure: Heyo, i havent seen you on in a little while!

#23 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Vaeternus said:

@k4tzm4n said:

cant seem to find the

Oh man, I remember renting that awhile ago. Not a good choice, haha.

haha, yeah I have it. I have both movies. One of my best pals is a huge SF fan, he was like you know as bad as the old one was, it was almost done on purpose. The Chun-Li film was actually trying to be good but failed miserably..I think Kristen did everything she could on her part lol. Gotta love Decko Ninja Vega lol