No Caption Provided

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SwaggaB0y

battle takes place in a warehouse theres tons of room and shade for surprise attacks who wins this?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Vega.

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SwaggaB0y
Vance Astro said:
"Vega."
I think so too do you think it would be a good fight?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SwaggaB0y said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Vega."
I think so too do you think it would be a good fight?
"
Yea.I just think Vega is tougher and faster than Nightwing.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SwaggaB0y

yea he did give ken a run for his money in their 2nd meeting

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Now this is more like it.  This fight will be epic, but I think Dick can pull it off.  Vega is fast and agile as hell, but he doesn't have much in the way of versatility.  Dick has enough skill and finesse to beat the Spanish pretty-boy on his own terms.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lordraiden

Grayson! He's taken bigger and better :-)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"Grayson! He's taken bigger and better :-)"
No.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
No.
"

YES!
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By pixelized
lordraiden said:
Ummm, E.Honda!
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordraiden
pixelized said:
"lordraiden said:
Ummm, E.Honda!
"

??? Don't believe he's ever taken him on, but if he's taken out BB, i'm sure he won't have too many probs with Honda ;-)
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SwaggaB0y

whos BB?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

beast boy?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordraiden
SwaggaB0y said:
"whos BB?
"

BlockBuster :-)
Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vega.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Nightwing.

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SwaggaB0y

I say Vega

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kentaxx

Nightwing
curbstomp
He pulled stuff off in the latest Superman/Batman comic that Vega could only dream of

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swaggab0y: ANY fight with Vega would be interesting! This fight would be over before it started. Nightwing is one of my favorite DC heroes but lets be SERIOUS he couldn't hope to keep up with Vega's speed and confusing attacks on his BEST day. Each of the Street Fighter characters are all capable of performing moves on par of a superhuman level. This comes down to who can outdo who acrobatically in a fight. Ask yourself...can Dick do an Izuna Drop??

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vega

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vega8282 said:

@swaggab0y: ANY fight with Vega would be interesting! This fight would be over before it started. Nightwing is one of my favorite DC heroes but lets be SERIOUS he couldn't hope to keep up with Vega's speed and confusing attacks on his BEST day. Each of the Street Fighter characters are all capable of performing moves on par of a superhuman level. This comes down to who can outdo who acrobatically in a fight. Ask yourself...can Dick do an Izuna Drop??

Nightwing reacted to Impulze.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vega8282 said:

VERY good argument I'll give you that. I'll always be team Vega but...yeah DAMN good argument. Well played

Who?

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Abocado

Vega

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Wing should win handily.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dondave

Dick

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Vega.

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dick

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it hard to believe that Vega would steamroll Dick. Vega is good and all, but Nightwing is just as athletic and quick, as well as probably more skilled. Dick also has a bag of trick akin to Batman, so it stands to reason that he'd be prepared for anything Vega could through at him. Though Vega has proved his skill against Ken, who is a world martial art champion, when he fought him in (his) cage, in an open area I think Nightwing has the advantage.

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vega SLAUGHTERS Nightwing with little to no effort. Any hits landed by Nightwing are only allowed by Vega to prolong the fight. There is absolutely no way in HELL that Dick can keep up with Vega's speed and predict his tricky fighting pattern. Vega sends him back to the bat cave in shame with only hideous bloodstained scars to show for his attempt to challenge his beauty.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vega8282 said:

Vega SLAUGHTERS Nightwing with little to no effort. Any hits landed by Nightwing are only allowed by Vega to prolong the fight. There is absolutely no way in HELL that Dick can keep up with Vega's speed and predict his tricky fighting pattern. Vega sends him back to the bat cave in shame with only hideous bloodstained scars to show for his attempt to challenge his beauty.

I don't think Vega is that fast for you to say he can't keep up with Vega and since he's pretty much used as a stepping stone in films, animated series, comics etc. I would say Nightwing has the better feats.

EDIT: And before you attempt to discredit this post by what I said earlier in the thread, just remember my first post was over 4 years ago.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nightwing wins.

Setherial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vega

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Handsome fighters never lose battles

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are the ugly so willing to be shamed repeatedly?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vega8282

@vance_astro: You knew I was gonna do that right lol. Even you said you think he's tougher and faster. Not to mention he's also a bloodthirsty psychopathic murderer who would be likely to kill Dick for not being what he deems a handsome fighter which equals no morals. Theirs no way in hell that Dick is matching his speed and as if that's not bad enough..consider Vega's unorthodox fighting style (for god's sake the man's grace and agility are basically superhuman and at times it almost seems like he can fly), among having a very tricky fight pattern for someone who is facing him for the first time (think back to the first time you played against him in Street Fighter II..the guy was a total headache to fight be honest. I'll give Dick a slight edge only if he has prep..if not this birds feathers get plucked...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vega8282 said:

@vance_astro: You knew I was gonna do that right lol. Even you said you think he's tougher and faster. Not to mention he's also a bloodthirsty psychopathic murderer who would be likely to kill Dick for not being what he deems a handsome fighter which equals no morals. Theirs no way in hell that Dick is matching his speed and as if that's not bad enough..consider Vega's unorthodox fighting style (for god's sake the man's grace and agility are basically superhuman and at times it almost seems like he can fly), among having a very tricky fight pattern for someone who is facing him for the first time (think back to the first time you played against him in Street Fighter II..the guy was a total headache to fight be honest. I'll give Dick a slight edge only if he has prep..if not this birds feathers get plucked...

I don't see why Nightwing would need prep to beat Vega. You posted scans from a series where he lost to pretty much everyone. There are no real speed feats from him in it either aside from what he show against E.Honda whom doesn't really have any speed feats either. Vega simply doesn't have the showings for you to say he can beat Nightwing. Nightwing is a seasoned costumed hero. There isn't anything Vega has in his arsenal that Dick isn't ready for.

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Ha!! I'm pretty sure all of those scans are of him beating those characters. He routinely runs circles around much more faster and agile characters than E. Honda as well (ex. Chun Li from the animated movie). Although she defeated him in the end, Vega gave her a run for her money and put her in the hospital and by the way..she had prep knowledge on him, his arrogance caused him to lower his guard, which led to his defeat. Then we have Cammy; who is fast enough and agile enough to dodge gun fire (see scan below for reference) but is still tagged by Vega after being commanded by M. Bison to merely test her fighting ability instead of outright killing her. As shown in one of the scans I've posted Chun Li is seen kicking Cammy's ass rather easily. So if Chun Li can run circles around Cammy (a bullet timer) and Vega can run circles around Chun Li who's obviously faster than someone who dodges bullets (Cammy)..i'd say Nightwing has trouble coming his way. The op also said this is in a warehouse. Vega has the advantage of using his environment to gracefully bounce off walls, boxes, maybe a few forklifts...all at speeds that Dick can not match and he with no prior knowledge on him, he won't be aware of his move set (ex. Flying Barcelona, Izuna Drop, Sky High Claw, Scarlet Terror, Mercury Heel, Slide Kick, Rolling Izuna Drop, Red Impact). However if Vega gets arrogant his guard might be off slightly which could lead to trouble for him so i'll give you that much.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

:Obviously most people tested by Vega don't survive as indicated by his shock. He allowed Cammy a win as he was told by his leader to merely test her abilities.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OH THE BEAUTY OF IT!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vance_astro  Moderator

@vega8282 said:

@vance_astro: Ha!! I'm pretty sure all of those scans are of him beating those characters. He routinely runs circles around much more faster and agile characters than E. Honda as well (ex. Chun Li from the animated movie). Although she defeated him in the end, Vega gave her a run for her money and put her in the hospital and by the way..she had prep knowledge on him, his arrogance caused him to lower his guard, which led to his defeat. Then we have Cammy; who is fast enough and agile enough to dodge gun fire (see scan below for reference) but is still tagged by Vega after being commanded by M. Bison to merely test her fighting ability instead of outright killing her. As shown in one of the scans I've posted Chun Li is seen kicking Cammy's ass rather easily. So if Chun Li can run circles around Cammy (a bullet timer) and Vega can run circles around Chun Li who's obviously faster than someone who dodges bullets (Cammy)..i'd say Nightwing has trouble coming his way. The op also said this is in a warehouse. Vega has the advantage of using his environment to gracefully bounce off walls, boxes, maybe a few forklifts...all at speeds that Dick can not match and he with no prior knowledge on him, he won't be aware of his move set (ex. Flying Barcelona, Izuna Drop, Sky High Claw, Scarlet Terror, Mercury Heel, Slide Kick, Rolling Izuna Drop, Red Impact). However if Vega gets arrogant his guard might be off slightly which could lead to trouble for him so i'll give you that much.

:Obviously most people tested by Vega don't survive as indicated by his shock. He allowed Cammy a win as he was told by his leader to merely test her abilities.

OH THE BEAUTY OF IT!!!

1.You're trying to find ways to make the fight between Vega & Chun-Li look good in his favor but it's not going to work. He attacked Chun-Li when she was unprepared for it. He also didn't "run circles around her". They were fighting in a hotel room. He was winning the fight but there was nothing impressive shown for his speed. I don't remember the film that well but i'm pretty sure neither Cammy or Chun-Li showed any bullet timing feats in it, you can't use the comics to validate their speed outside of it, they aren't in the same universe. Chun-Li's prior knowledge of Vega doesn't actually matter because this fight wasn't something she geared-up for, she was ambushed.

2.All of those scans aren't of Vega beating those characters. Vega didn't beat Guile,Ryu or Ken in that series. Ken defeated Vega when he attacked Eliza in a hotel room and as far as I can remember, Guile doesn't lose a fight in the entire series. That instance where they were all fighting is the last time Ryu & Vega appeared in the same scene and as you can see he doesn't defeat him there.

3.You can't use both films & comics in battle forums unless the OP allows it. If nothing is specified you go with comics.

4.What you're doing with Chun-Li & Cammy is also a false equivalency. You're assuming that because Cammy dodged bullets that Chun-Li would have to be that fast to get hits off on her, but we all know that in comics that's not the case seeing as how characters with better bullet timing feats than Cammy get hit all of the time by characters nowhere near the speed of a bullet. There is more variables in a fight. Bullets go in one direction, it doesn't try and find and opening in your defense to attack. Chun-Li kicked Cammy's ass because she's the better fighter, speed didn't have much to do with it, especially seeing as how for two pages they were basically trading attacks and Cammy was even able to counter a Senretsu Kyaku which is Chun-Li's fastest attack.

5.Why you think Vega has some sort of agility advantage over Nightwing is beyond me. Vega is basically a Ninja, nothing Nightwing hasn't seen or dealt with before which is why i'm also wondering why you think Nightwing not having "prior" knowledge of Vega actually matters.

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Is this seriously a debate? To be fair they both are at a slight disadvantage because neither one knows crap about the other's abilities since technically they're not even within the same universe. There are alot of flaws in each one of your counter arguments so i'll name a few. First of all when I refer to the bullet timing feats obviously i'm talking about the comic scans I posted which clearly you need to read up on. The battles between Vega and Guile shown above are from the next street fighter classic volume which follows right after the one your referring to. Vega won those fights..sorry to disappoint you. Can't use film huh? Cool don't need to. I think I've provided enough valid proof without needing to use anything from the film to support my claim. How can you simply pass off Vega as a mere ninja? Shame on you. Every single last character in the Street Fighter Universe is much more than mere. They pretty much all qualify as being on a superhuman level due to the abilities they display...not to mention the amount of damage they take during their fights. You can clearly see Vega front flipping over a Haduken at point blank range and still landing a kick to Ken; right to the head. Don't know if that's a good enough agility feat for you. The reason I keep going back to the matter of having knowledge on your opponent is quite simple. Think of how different the outcome of a fight would be without prep. Dick doesn't just jump into battle blood lusted like Vega does. Vega usually goes right in for the kill without hesitation; while Dick usually gathers knowledge first like a detective, which he won't have time to do. Nightwing is a seasoned fighter..but so is Vega. I can't debate whether or not Cammy or Chun Li's speed feats rival other characters with speed from different comic universes because I haven't actually seen the results of that to prove anything. So for now that's just hearsay and assumptions. I'm providing actual scans which say a hell of alot about the man's fighting and speed capabilities. As I see it without prep Dick is at a strong disadvantage. Nightwing he's cool but...then there's Vega. At least provide some scans I enjoy a good fight. Good arguments by the way.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vega8282 said:

@vance_astro: Is this seriously a debate?

Absolutely.

@vega8282 said:

To be fair they both are at a slight disadvantage because neither one knows crap about the other's abilities since technically they're not even within the same universe.

Seeing as how Nightwing is not only smarter than Vega by miles but is more experienced with different types of combatants as well as carrying alot more than just simple melee weapons, I think Vega is the only one who is at a disadvantage by not knowing anything about his opponent.

@vega8282 said:

There are alot of flaws in each one of your counter arguments so i'll name a few. First of all when I refer to the bullet timing feats obviously i'm talking about the comic scans I posted which clearly you need to read up on.

I know what you were referring to when you talked about bullet timing feats but you were using the fight between Chun-Li & Cammy in conjunction with Vega's fight with Chun-Li in the films to validate his speed. Chun-Li & Cammy have no bullet timing feats in the film thus you are using to different versions of a character to make your case. That's what I was pointing out.

@vega8282 said:

The battles between Vega and Guile shown above are from the next street fighter classic volume which follows right after the one your referring to. Vega won those fights..sorry to disappoint you.

Vega's only legitimate win was E.Honda. His fight with Guile was broken up by the police, he didn't win. His fight with Ken was in his favor but his initial attack caused Ken to lose alot of blood and therefore become disoriented. In a more fair fight Ken defeated Vega.

@vega8282 said:

I think I've provided enough valid proof without needing to use anything from the film to support my claim.

You didn't.

@vega8282 said:

How can you simply pass off Vega as a mere ninja? Shame on you.

I didn't. I said he's "basically a ninja"...which he is. He's the usual cannon fodder comics style ninja but he is a Ninja nonetheless. I'm not seeing what you think he offers that will be so out of the ordinary for a character who fights characters regularly that actually have powers and special weapons.

@vega8282 said:

You can clearly see Vega front flipping over a Haduken at point blank range and still landing a kick to Ken; right to the head. Don't know if that's a good enough agility feat for you.

It's actually pretty mediocre. He anticipated a counter attack from Ken and flipped over it. It actually probably would have had a better chance of hitting him had he not gone with a Hadouken because like in the games missing an attack like that leaves you vulnerable to getting jump kicked in the face.
@vega8282 said:

The reason I keep going back to the matter of having knowledge on your opponent is quite simple. Think of how different the outcome of a fight would be without prep. Dick doesn't just jump into battle blood lusted like Vega does. Vega usually goes right in for the kill without hesitation; while Dick usually gathers knowledge first like a detective, which he won't have time to do.

Unlike in the film when he fought Chun-Li (which you brought up earlier) and when he fought Ken in the comics and had the upper hand, he won't have the element of surprise on his side. It's a random encounter in a warehouse, Vega is in plain view. Dick doesn't need to be bloodlusted because he pretty much never is. Dick DOESN'T usually gather knowledge first because MOST times he doesn't have that choice. Where you're getting that it's the other way around is beyond me. I would assume it's the "Bat-Family stereotype", where people almost believe they HAVE TO have prep in order to beat anyone they've never fought before. EVERY new villain or character was NEW to them at one point. Can't gather information on a character that you don't know exists.

@vega8282 said:

I can't debate whether or not Cammy or Chun Li's speed feats rival other characters with speed from different comic universes because I haven't actually seen the results of that to prove anything. So for now that's just hearsay and assumptions.

No Caption Provided

Because they pretty much don't have feats showing bullet timing. They have about a page a piece. There is no hearsay or assumptions on my part. I've read alot of Street Fighter as well as Nightwing and Batman books he's appeared in. Nothing that Chun-Li or Cammy showed against any shooter was very impressive by comic standards.

@vega8282 said:

Nightwing is a seasoned fighter..but so is Vega.

Nightwing isn't just a seasoned fighter, he's a seasoned hero. Her fights a larger variety of characters than Vega does. I'm making that point to say that you argument about Nightwing not knowing Vega isn't valid. He deals with SUPER-VILLAINS who don't have a problem killing on a regular basis.

@vega8282 said:

I'm providing actual scans which say a hell of alot about the man's fighting and speed capabilities.

The fact that you provided scans doesn't make your argument more valid than mine. It's how you use the scans that determines the strength in your argument, not that fact you used them in the first place.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@vance_astro: It's funny how you were the first comment of the thread saying Vega wins and now you're defending Nightwing :P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@ghostravage said:

@vance_astro: It's funny how you were the first comment of the thread saying Vega wins and now you're defending Nightwing :P

I figured that would be pointed out eventually but instead of deleting my previous comments like a coward, and pretending I didn't say that I figured I'd show some growth. My original comment was 4 years ago, any time a thread gets bumped from that long ago, i'm sure there are going to be opinions I've given that I don't believe today. I was a different Vance Astro back then.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ghostravage said:

I figured that would be pointed out eventually but instead of deleting my previous comments like a coward, and pretending I didn't say that I figured I'd show some growth. My original comment was 4 years ago, any time a thread gets bumped from that long ago, i'm sure there are going to be opinions I've given that I don't believe today. I was a different Vance Astro back then.

Vance Astro 2.0 is way better. It's always amusing to see those old comments though.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SwaggaB0y said:

"whos BB?
"

BlockBuster :-)

Blockbuster was very predictable, and his moves were easily countered.....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vance_astro  Moderator

@ghostravage said:

Vance Astro 2.0 is way better. It's always amusing to see those old comments though.

It's almost like it's a different person. Sometimes I see some of that stuff and go "there's no way I said that".

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DeathHero61

@vega8282: Yo where can you read these comics for free, no bullshit?