Vecna, The Whispered One

No Caption Provided

vs.

Emperor Palpatine, AKA Darth Sidious

No Caption Provided

--------------------------

- 1 week prep

- In character

- Vecna is a lich, not a god yet. He gets standard gear and the Sword of Kas.

- Sidious gets his lightsaber.

- Battlefield: The present-day ruins of Detroit.

---------------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't know much about D&D, so I'll go with Sarth Didious?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@silkyballfro94: Vecna is one of the few higher gods that started off as a human (St. Cuthbert was human once too I think). He gained so much power that he became a lich, then gained so much MORE power that he became a Greater Deity. There are spells named after him, just his missing body parts are Major Artifacts. He is nobody to f*** with.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Was about to post but then I realized I have no idea who Vecna is xD

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Is this Episode 3 or Episode 6 Sidious? I think a younger(ish) version of him could be pretty good match but I think the other version of him would lose force power vs magic. He needs the extra mobility he shows in Episode 3 but dude can barely move by Episode 6.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Episode III then. I almost typed in "Chancellor" anyway so yeah, we can use a younger Sidious

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Should be a great fight then. I still don't know that he would win outright, as I think Vecna > Sidious would win when it comes to a straight up Magic/Force battle. But I think Sidious would have an advantage in close combat as he showed some pretty sick saber skills.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I also have a feeling that Vecna will utilize his prep far better, that will balance the close-combat advantage. He also gets Sword of Kas here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With prep Palpatine can conjure up Sith spirits, possibly get the Dark Reaper,Star Crusher;etc.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: With prep Vecna can get potions that heal him with negative energy, a few scrolls of Gate to summon high-level demons to help him, possibly make a deal with a wyrm to help him out, go get a latte, get a Ring of Energy Resistance (Electricity), a few potions of Stoneskin... the list goes on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl

Guess it kind of depends on how The Force and Magic interact with each other.

Also exactly what can they do with the prep?

Could Vecna summon an army of undead and golems, and god only knows what else and show up with a battalion?

Could Sidious have ships in space ready for bombardment.

I will go with Vecna because of the brokeness of some spells. Gate is like an auto win if you use it smart, and Vecna will.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RisingBean

Why do I see Vader going to the Emperor bragging up the new hand he found and attached. Only to be possessed or whatnot. And he is so pissed when the Emperor sets up a fight in which he loses said hand, that he picks up the old guy and tosses him down a Death Star vent?

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow somebody else plays RPGs in this thread other than myself.

Which version of D&D are we using here? Or are we using the Hackmaster version?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quartermaim: Playing Pathfinder. Fighter (Archer). Killing goblins. Woot.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@joygirl: Okay it time forme to shoot blidnly......

How fast is Vecna? Palpatine is near relativistic in combat.

Does Vecna have protectiong from getting his life drained? The Dark Reaper has drained thousands of the life Force.

Does Vecna have telepath protection? Palpatine has been able to mind wipe millions and effect other force sensitive (such as Plagueis)

Can Vecna resist possession? Because Palpatine can channel Sith spirits to do just that.

I'm just throwing these things out here, if Vecna can counter thesse things he would win.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Unsure on speed. As far as possession and telepathy, since Vecna is a high-level lich I'm sure his Will Save is sky-freaking-high, so I'd say both of those options are unlikely. As far as life force goes -- he has none, he is undead, he runs on negative energy rather than positive energy.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@joygirl: Well the way it stands.....

Telepathy is most likely out.

Life Force draining is a no-no.

Possession is out, so no Sith spirits.

All that's left for Palpatine is his lightsaber and TK. That bring me to this point..... Can the lightsaber do any harm to Vecna?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I'm sure it would -- at least, it would do some. Liches are notoriously resilient and Vecna's armor class is gonna be obscene. Throw in Stoneskin, a Resilient Sphere, etc... Vecna is going to be well-protected and have a sword of his own -- an intelligent one. Then he'll also tossing spells like Disintegrate like it's no biggie, not to mention Empowered Maximized Magic Missiles that automatically hit....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Hmmm from what I'm gathering, it seems like the Emperor will lose this. His only hope is that Vecna is not fast enough to contend and he could hit him with several blows before Vecna could react, even then with prep Vecna would no doubt that would be viable since the former has 1 week to prepare. Now the Emperor can summon help from the Empire to summon ships,troopers; etc.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... I think it's time to see what @floopay thinks.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay dammit.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I think it's not calling him out because you did not put a colon puncuation at the end =/ Let me try @Floopay: Get in here!!!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Actually Palpatine was more powerful during episode 6 then 3. During that time he knew how to open Force storms ( albeit a limited control) he knows the essence transfer, he can rip out souls, he also knew drain of a planatery scale, mind wipe 20 billion being effortlessly; etc . DE Palpatine is the most powerful though, he got a mental hold over Luke, opened Form storms that could kill moons and planets, fold space and destroy entire fleets of ships.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I'm aware. But I still don't think that is powerful enough to beat Vecna's magic though (which is a little silly if not somewhat of a no-limits fallacy at times). Thats why I thought it might be better to have him younger - because I think his key to winning would actually be in close combat via use of Saber skills.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Quartermaim

@quartermaim: Playing Pathfinder. Fighter (Archer). Killing goblins. Woot.

Aye Pathfinder is awesome. Running a Cyberpunk game at the moment, while playing in a Mutants and Masterminds game based on the Exiles comic.

Anyway I apologize @joygirl for getting off track, Depending on which version you chose to go by here of Vecna I might be able to add some info.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Quartermaim

@joygirl said:

@quartermaim: 3.5, pre-god, lich.

Thank you.

It may take some time for me to attempt to translate RPG into comic-ese.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie palpatine isn't capable of all these OP feats, nor has he demonstrated the potential to do so. I think Movie palpatine would lose to pretty much anyone. And book palpatine is far overrated. Anyway, idk who vecna is, but I'm rooting for her, since I simply hate Sidious' character.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vecna is a level 20 wizard *and* Cleric with a silly number of spell levels. This means that given prep, he can do just about anything, and abusing the contingency spell means that Sidious can't touch him if Vecna doesn't want to be touched, and given that Vecna has access to any number of divinitation spells, he can foresee and prepare for pretty much any possible outcome and create contingency spells to rebuff and counter any attack. So anything sidious does will be countered by a spell tailored to defeat whatever he was trying to use.

Force storm? Sorry this here dimensional anchor says no messing with spacetime for you. Force lightning? Liches are naturally immune to electricity.

Or of course Vecna can Gate in a Solar who can in turn gate in another Solar who can gate in more Solars and keep on doing this until the battlefield is flooded with Solars who are themselves, high level spell casters and mighty physical warriors. He can then command them to all cast miracle to write Palpatine out of existence.

Or he could cast shape change and shapechange *into* a Pit fiend and be invulnerable to attack as a Pit Fiend's regeneration can only be foiled by holy, silvered weapons, other forms of physical damage only deal nonlethal damage which does not apply to the undead. Palpatine certainly does not have any holy weapons made out of alchemical silver in his arsenal.

Or he could just use Wish and strike Palpatine from reality.

Or he could use Unname and strike Palpatine from reality and destroy his soul at the same time.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@guardian_of_gravity: .............. O_O

Well it settlted then, Palpatine would get owned by Vecna. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go cry after admitting my favorite Sith Lord has met his match.

@The_Last_Kryptonian: I would love to know how Palpatine is "overrated"

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short version:

With powers at his disposal Vecna has this one. With the books Vecna has far too many options at his disposal I believe.

Now if you'll excuse me Galactus and Nul aka my children have been unleashed and I must appease them.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it settlted then, Palpatine would get owned by Vecna. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go cry after admitting my favorite Sith Lord has met his match.

D&D, Champions, Exalted, and Strike Legion all have pretty absurd high ends.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl said:

@floopay dammit.

I have a lot of family stuff going on since a certain someone died, and since he was a hoarder and he was the last of a pair, that means the family is sorting through a lot of things and doing a lot of legal crap.

As for the battle. A D&D Mage with prep is going to have dang near full knowledge, and with something as simple as a Prismatic Sphere he can pretty much negate Sidious entirely. Plus he can give himself a godly amount of defenses, and has a host of spells that ignore any and all defenses Sidious has and can kill him directly, some of them don't have range limitations, and they target someone directly.

I dunno Vecna, but if he's a lich he's probably pretty dang powerful, and he can probably take this pretty easily with 1 week of prep.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Palpatine would not even be a challenge for Vecna. He was according to Oeridian lore the mightiest wizard and priest of his era even before he became a lich (which as undead are immune to mental effects along with life drain and effects that target their lifeforce)

He has divinition spells up the wazoo to divine the future, can wish nearly anything in existence (including defenses tailored specifically to his enemies), he can stop time, he can side-step into other dimensions while still being able to act on the material. He can control and banish even greater demons and outsiders. Palpatine would lucky to even hurt him with the kind of defenses your typical dnd wizard has up and running 24/7. Now add in that he is an epic level caster (above, not 20th level) and he is both a priest and a mage of those levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see it going like this:

Vecna: "You live on the dark side, dwelling on the negative that his world has to offer. Well welcome home."

Timestop: Gate x3 all opened all around Sidious... that are gates to the plane of negative energy.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that only the most powerful person in his universe. (Luke Skywalker.) is capable of even beating him. And the fact that all his fanboys are so wet for him they deem him powerful enough to beat damn near anyone outside of the starwars universe.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@the_last_kryptonian: The fact that only the most powerful person in his universe. (Luke Skywalker.) is capable of even beating him.

Not true. The Bedlum spirits would beat him (they are 4 of them), The Father would beat him, The Son would beat him, the Daughter would beat him and Abeloth would beat him.

And the fact that all his fanboys are so wet for him they deem him powerful enough to beat damn near anyone outside of the starwars universe.

Nope, maybe on other boards but not this one people seem to underrate EU Star Wars in general on this site.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Well this thread is now resolved; Palpatine get's murdered.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian: The fact that only the most powerful person in his universe. (Luke Skywalker.) is capable of even beating him.

Not true. The Bedlum spirits would beat him (they are 4 of them), The Father would beat him, The Son would beat him, the Daughter would beat him and Abeloth would beat him.

And the fact that all his fanboys are so wet for him they deem him powerful enough to beat damn near anyone outside of the starwars universe.

Nope, maybe on other boards but not this one people seem to underrate EU Star Wars in general on this site.

Ok, only godly presences and the most powerful mortal in his universe can beat him. Still seems overrated.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian: Ok, only godly presences and the most powerful mortal in his universe can beat him. Still seems overrated.

And how is that overrated?

The definition:

To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

Tell me how is he overrated when he is infact the most powerful Sith Lord? How is his merits overrated when you have already admitted only a few in Universe can beat him? I think you are confusing the terms here. The term your looking for is overpowered, not overrated.

@joygirl said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Dizzamn. May have to make like Vecna vs Thanos or something now.

Yeah I think that would be a great match up Sidious is just out classed lol.