Yuri Kamazuke (Brave 10)

Black Beetle (DC)

Battle Conditions:

• Prep: None
  • Morals: On
  • Bloodlust: Off
  • BFR: Off

Central Yellowstone National Park

Dusk, 1 hour of light left. No clouds, mid-summer.

Start 50 Meters Apart

Perks:

Once a perk is chosen, the other person can't take it. Enjoy.

"Pumpkins Pumpkins Everywhere!" - You get 3 pumpkin grenades (Green Goblin) to distribute between your team members.

"Change places!" - Don't like the location? Change it. Has to be on land, on Earth, and there has to be at least 1 square mile of land to move on.

"Change of scenery please...." - Change the weather conditions, the time of day, and even the season.

"Give me knowledge!" - A single member of your team gains full knowledge on your opponent's team.

"Muramasa Infusion" - One of your team mates has some of the muramasa infused into them somehow, or gets the muramasa, or has it forged into a new weapon for them. I don't know which one, you pick one. However, any injury sustained by that person on your team will not regenerate.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#2 Posted by HigorM (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: nice set up!

I want this perk please:

"Give me knowledge!" - A single member of your team gains full knowledge on your opponent's team.

#3 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: kk

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#4 Posted by HigorM (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

waiting for @YoungJustice ..

#5 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose Murusama Infusuion for Yuri's blades.

#6 Posted by tomlikesfries (4867 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool perks. Looks like it's going to be a good debate.

#7 Posted by HigorM (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: I knew it! :P

#8 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

@YoungJustice: I knew it! :P

LOL, sorry Swamp Thing :D

#9 Posted by HigorM (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we start?

First of all, I would like to say that my team have two initial advantages in this fight, even before it´s start, and I´ll explain the reason.

1. The Location

Central Yellowstone National Park

This environment favors my team considering that Swamp Thing is an Plant Elemental, an Avatar of the Green (elemental force), able to control all forms of plant life and can command vegetative matter to do his will. Beyond the Elemental Control, the Swamp Thing possess other powers and abilities such as Superhuman Strength, Chlorokinesis, Self-Sustenance, Flight, Resurrection and Immortality. Theoretically so long as there is some vestige of plant life on the planet Earth, Alec Holland will always have a vehicle through which to house his consciousness, thus rendering him effectively immortal.

Now, this not only helps Alec but also Buddy Baker, who can mimic the powers of any animal on Earth. His powers come from a connection with the "morphogenetic field" of the primordial force known as the Red.

There is not only Flora in the Park, but also Fauna. The Yellowstone is widely considered to be the finest megafauna wildlife habitat in the lower 48 states. There are almost 60 species of mammals in the park.

Thus I conclude that the field advantage is entirely on my team.

2. Knowledge.

This the second initial advantage my team possess, since I´ve choose this perk:

So my team not only knows who they´re dealing with, but also the precious perk of yours (muramasa), which makes your task much more difficult to execute since you´ve lost the surprise element.

#10 Edited by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM:

Thus I conclude that the field advantage is entirely on my team.

Most likely, night is the only slight advantage that my team has.

So my team not only knows who they´re dealing with, but also the precious perk of yours (muramasa), which makes your task much more difficult to execute since you´ve lost the surprise element.

I don't think it'll matter, Yuri has defeated people who have faster reaction speeds with his blades than Animal Man and/or Swamp Thing.

For the record, using YJ Black Beetle.

Anyway, Yuri's blades should end Swamp Thing.

He seems to have a type of telekinetic influence on them, as he is able to practically put his blades on hold in mid-air.

Demonstrated at 0:15.

Also, if you decided to watch the whole thing through, at the end it appears he has massive damage.

Trust me, it's not, it was just a fatal flaw in the anime, everyone had off the charts regen.

I'll just assume that it is max for Street Level Plus, which is Spiderman/Beast, because it was more of a flaw on the anime than something specific for Yuri himself.

Yuri's wind manipulation is also pretty nice, he can make hurricanes (small versions), hard wind constructs, etc.

Swamp Thing doesn't have the best reaction speeds either, IIRC, he won't be able to react to Yuri throwing hard wind frisbees at him.

Also, if Swamp Thing decides to fly, Yuri should have no problem trapping him in a wind tunnel and slashing at him with his blades.

Animal Man won't have any time to help Swamp Thing, it'll be extremely difficult for him to defeat Black Beetle (YJ version, btw).

Firstly, Buddy simply doesn't have the striking power to hurt him.

Superboy, Wonder Girl, Bumblebee, Lagoon Boy, Tim Drake, and Batgirl couldn't scratch him, Blue Beetle was the only one who gave him a good fight.

And this was a Blue Beetle that was going all out, even then he didn't even stalemate Black.

Here is the fight.

In the end, Black is just too durable for Bucky, who doesn't have the striking power to even touch Black.

#11 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: Bump :)

#12 Posted by HigorM (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

I don't think it'll matter, Yuri has defeated people who have faster reaction speeds with his blades than Animal Man and/or Swamp Thing.

1. It does matter, it´s about having faster reaction speed or not, it´s about knowing who the enemy is, what he is capable of doing and which kind of weapon gear he is going to use against you. This is a strategic advantage, my team doesn´t need faster reaction speed to deal with this, we would need it if we did not have prior knowledge, which is not the case here.

Anyway, Yuri's blades should end Swamp Thing. He seems to have a type of telekinetic influence on them, as he is able to practically put his blades on hold in mid-air. Also, if you decided to watch the whole thing through, at the end it appears he has massive damage.

Trust me, it's not, it was just a fatal flaw in the anime, everyone had off the charts regen.

I'll just assume that it is max for Street Level Plus, which is Spiderman/Beast, because it was more of a flaw on the anime than something specific for Yuri himself. Yuri's wind manipulation is also pretty nice, he can make hurricanes (small versions), hard wind constructs, etc.

Swamp Thing doesn't have the best reaction speeds either, IIRC, he won't be able to react to Yuri throwing hard wind frisbees at him. Also, if Swamp Thing decides to fly, Yuri should have no problem trapping him in a wind tunnel and slashing at him with his blades.

2. Once again, with my perk, my team have the knowledge advantage, because they know who they will face and what they can do, Yuri is far from ending Swamp Thing, let alone in a easy way. Like you said before, your character don´t possess superior agility to someone like Spider-Man, and that´s something both my team members can deal with, they already manage to dealt fast/agile enemies before.

The wind manipulation is a non-factor for Swamp Thing here, he is a Plant Elemental who controls the environment around him, another thing that favors my team, and specially ST. He won´t move an inch if he doesn´t want to, Yuri don´t have enough power to defeat him with that kind of power. The blades won´t work either, from what I understand you only possess a single weapon of your choice to turn into a muramase blade:

"Muramasa Infusion" - One of your team mates has some of the muramasa infused into them somehow, or gets the muramasa, or has it forged into a new weapon for them. I don't know which one, you pick one.

So, the only thing my team has to do is to disarm Yuri, to end the only real shot he got to effectively inflict some damage to Swamp Thing. Even though Yuri possess several blades, it´s just one of them who can properly work against ST, not to mention that he have to get closer to strike him and that´s the moment he can be trapped and disarmed, the closer you are, the more dangerous will be, since Swamp Thing controls the everything around and below you, so there´s no safe place for you to be, and I know Yuri can´t fly forever.

Animal Man won't have any time to help Swamp Thing, it'll be extremely difficult for him to defeat Black Beetle (YJ version, btw). Firstly, Buddy simply doesn't have the striking power to hurt him. Superboy, Wonder Girl, Bumblebee, Lagoon Boy, Tim Drake, and Batgirl couldn't scratch him, Blue Beetle was the only one who gave him a good fight. And this was a Blue Beetle that was going all out, even then he didn't even stalemate Black. In the end, Black is just too durable for Bucky, who doesn't have the striking power to even touch Black.

3. Animal doesn´t have to fight exactly against Black Beetle. You can´t determine the clashes, in matter of fact, I believe that my team will do that since they already know who the enemy is. Nevertheless Buddy possess enough power to at least hold his own against BB for enough time until Swamp Thing finish his fight and come to help him. My team possess different ways and alternatives to deal with him beyond pure physical damage. I´ll show you scans from all that i´ve said above.