• Prep: None
  • Morals: On
  • Bloodlust: Off
  • BFR: Off
  • Battlefield:

Start 100 meters apart

Random Encounter

Perks:

• "What I wanted prep time! With land mines...and lasers!" - Your team gets 2 hours of prep. However, the only thing it can be used for is placing 20 Land Mines and a single Laser Turret. The Laser Turret can burn a hole through 1 foot of reinforced steel in approximately 2 seconds.

"Call in the Calvary!" - You get 10 soldiers of your choice. They are athletic human (not peak), armed with any pieces of modern conventional weaponry (no experimental, nothing that is mounted, only things they can carry), and they wear kevlar vests. The most powerful weapon you can give them is an RPG with 2 rockets.

"Smoke Canisters!" - You get 5 smoke canisters for your team. Throwing them will cake an 20 foot area (diameter, not radius) in thick smoke, making it extremely difficult to see.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#2 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

"waits with glee for scan of son of Satan saying he has the strength of 100 men"

#3 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

"waits with glee for scan of son of Satan saying he has the strength of 100 men"

Or one shotting Dormammu? :p

#4 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I am taking Perk 1.

@Floopay: You said I get 2 hours. So can I use that to stomp around the battlefield? Tear a trench ia Hulk? Ect? I know I dont get to bring additional items and what not but what else can I do with 2 hours with what I have?

#5 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

I am taking Perk 1.

@Floopay: You said I get 2 hours. So can I use that to stomp around the battlefield? Tear a trench ia Hulk? Ect? I know I dont get to bring additional items and what not but what else can I do with 2 hours with what I have?

You can set up 20 land mines and a laser turret. You can create a trench if you'd like, you cannot bring any additional items, and the turret has no ultra enhanced durability, it's made of steel. So there's that. But you have to set up land mines and the turret, which would probably take the better part of your prep time.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#6 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll let CadenceV2 open.

#7 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

I'll let CadenceV2 open.

You should probably choose a perk before either of you open though.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

"Call in the Calvary!" should do fine.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: Im Using my Perk to Have Hulk dig out a trench around where the laser will be. The extra Dirt will be use to raise the Laser to a Higher field of fire. The Land Mines will be around outside the Trench.

\Finnaly because Son of Satan is a expert at Magical Entrapemnts he will use 2 hours setting up possibly 10-20 Dormammu Level Entrapments into the Earth.

I will continue on later tonight.

#10 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Mr_Ingenuity: Im Using my Perk to Have Hulk dig out a trench around where the laser will be. The extra Dirt will be use to raise the Laser to a Higher field of fire. The Land Mines will be around outside the Trench.

\Finnaly because Son of Satan is a expert at Magical Entrapemnts he will use 2 hours setting up possibly 10-20 Dormammu Level Entrapments into the Earth.

I will continue on later tonight.

Can't set up the entrapments. You can only use the prep time for the land mines and the turret. It's stated in the perk

"What I wanted prep time! With land mines...and lasers!" - Your team gets 2 hours of prep. However, the only thing it can be used for is placing 20 Land Mines and a single Laser Turret. The Laser Turret can burn a hole through 1 foot of reinforced steel in approximately 2 seconds.

Right there in the bolded.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

Or one shotting Dormammu? :p

Meh, Dorm is overrated!!!!!

Besides, Hellstorm even has the guile to call his aggressors cretins. Bada$$

Speaking of Hell Lords, have you managed to figure out why people overrate Shuma- Gorath so much ;P

#12 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Not really no. But then Phoenix has the same problem even worse than that, so do people like Chthon , i think once you reach that level it just automatically attracts few fanboyism, because people would go with words rather than hard and fast, clear on panel feat,which is what i crave for.

#13 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

Strategy

Luffy being a simple guy will blitz his M.O. is to take the strongest guy out (that being Grey Hulk). He prefers to do this with no interference, but will not hesitate to team-up when back into a corner. Starting out with the basics he will use Gear Second to super speed over and kick Grey Hulk. Having the advantage of precog (Haki) & combat speed. Luffy will walk away the victor with Grey Hulk is KO or incapacitated.

Gear Second Synopsis

This technique involves Luffy speeding up the blood flow in all or selected body parts, in order to provide them with more oxygen and nutrients thus making him much faster and stronger.

Rob Lucci,one of the first of Luffy's opponents to witness it, compares the process to doping. Doping is adding more red blood cells to the body part/s, which in turn allows for greater delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body part/s. In Luffy's case, his organs and blood vessels are made of rubber allowing them to expand and contract at greater rates without tearing. Essentially Luffy increases the blood flow by forcing more blood through his blood vessels thus increase his fighting ability. This mode's enhancements to Luffy's physiology give him the ability to use a new, stronger set of techniques which are generally the same as his old ones, but are so fast that even a skilled assassin would have a hard time actually seeing them.

(Pre Time Skip) These videos show Luffy running, punching ,and kicking multiple times faster than the speed of sound.

Blueno the guy that is on the receiving end is a bullet timer. Blueno can also kick fast enough to turn a shock wave of air into a blade.

Post time-skip, Luffy has refined his control over this technique as he has now been shown capable of activating it by pumping blood in only one particular part of his body: the trigger works very fast as he is capable of activating Gear Second in an instant and does not even have to assume his usual stance to initiate it. Thanks to this new found control over his technique, Luffy now has the ability to select which body parts Gear Second will be active in instead of having to activate it in his entire body; though the anime depicts this as a particular body part undergoing the pumping motion, such as his arm. To perform any actions with this Gear, Luffy can now initiate Gear Second in the part of his body that he wishes to use and deactivates it once he has accomplished the task. Thus Luffy is now able to use Gear Second for his usual fighting style without using it on his entire body. Although the anime still has his entire body undergoing Gear Second's effects, but it still only lasts very short periods of time.

0:00-0:08 Haki

0:44-2:00 Haki & Gear Second.

Law being more tactical will use the perk to gauge Daimon Hellstrom's abilities. Law will watch as the soldiers to charge into battle to assess Damion Hellstorm's strength, speed and attaching methods.

From there Damion will enter the operating room inside, space can be manipulated by law. Law can take all Damion's equipment, cut him into living pieces, switch his mind into cannon fodder's body,& take his heart.

Pre Time Skip.

Start @1:20-1:35

3:40-5:08

6:22-6:48

I'll post scans later.

#14 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy haki has been trained for two years straight. The abilities it grants is precog, armor hard as hardened steel, and intimidation for instant KO (mostly cannon fodder)

The complete explanation & feats.

Back to Law's abilities.

Room : Law creates a spherical space around his targets, in which he can manipulate anything he wants in a variety of ways. This was first seen used against some Marines during the escape from the Human Auction House. He can hold the activation of his Room by creating a small circle around his hand which later will expand to form the Room itself. Law can also teleport himself in a "Room" by changing places with a nearby object.

Shambles : Within the space created from Room, Law can separate anything he wants into pieces with his sword and rearrange them to his likings, including people. He can also switch the places of any object inside the space. An example is when he switched a decapitated Marine's head for a cannonball coming towards him, attaching the ball of iron back to where the Marine's head used to be. This was first seen being used against some Marines during the escape from the Human Auction House. During his confrontation against the Straw Hat Pirates, Law showed that he can use this technique to swap non-physical items such as personalities (taking on the form of a cartoon heart), effectively putting one person in another one's body, though before he can do this he needs to strike the opponent in his usual manner. He can also use this move to switch himself with other objects in order to dodge attacks.

Tact: Law uses his ability to levitate an object within his Room. To use this technique, Law performs a lifting motion with his index finger (by pointing upwards). This technique is first seen being used against the G-5 Marines, and is powerful enough to lift a battleship and part of the river it was in, into the air.

Scan: Law scans people inside his Room with a sweeping motion and is capable of locating and switching the place of anything on the scanned people, selectively switching away any items they may have on their person. It was first used to steal all the Den Den Mushi from a group of G-5 Marines.

Mes: Law strikes his opponent in the chest with his bare hand, causing their heart to fly off their body, encased in a glass-like cube. This attack leaves a square shaped hole on the opponent's body where the heart was although it does not seem to kill the victim. It was first seen being used on Smoker. Squeezing or beating the heart-cube inflicts great pain and internal damage on the victim, making this technique suitable for controlling people.Puncturing the heart will cause instant death.

#15 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: Bump!

#16 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: So Law is basically a.... Reality Manipulator.

What I just seen is basically he can slice and dice with no chance of Blocking and do whatever he wants in a room that can be made anywhere and of any size to reality warp pieces together how he sees fit?

Well I guess I am not to worried. Since Son of Satan is a Hell Lord and can easily travel between Realms. Like how he helped Kid Loki in the Dream Realms.

Or how he travels to his Hell realm and back.

Also when it comes to Haki I wonder how well it holds up against Hell Lord level Magic and Power.

Well with the battle set Up my guys are in the trenches. From there Grey Hulk (being uber smart and clever) along with Hellstorm will let the Laser Turret do its thing on any army guys.

With that Helltstorm will summon his Chariot for added distraction and use if need be.

Then make it it more fun he can Engulf the land in Soulfire

Now with Everything catching on fire including the remaining Troops will force your guys on moving around or have Your Souls burn.

While the Chaos ensues Hellstro will do what he does best. He will start Marking quick Entrapments all over under the cover of raging flames all over the battlefield and his Chariot flying around.

As seen these Entrapment's can be very quick to do. They literary set up a small space of Magical ensnarement. He has Entrap many Uber powerful beings in a short time like Blackheart and Dormammu.

A weaker non Hell Lord SoS took merely a conjuring to imprison Hell Lord Blackheart.

The more current SoS caught Dormammu in seconds of drawing it and letting Dormammu stand on it before it Activated.

Grey hulk will then leap from the trenches to engage Luffy since Luffy is so intent of attacking Hulk. Now Luffy pulls off the second gear. Then what? He hits Hulk and Hulk will get Knocked in to the trees and beyond that. Then he will simply Leap Back. Grey Hulk Blunt Trauma is as good as any other Hulks. One attack to the gut wont put him down at all.

Grey Hulk has had entire mountain cruble on him and was merely enraged.

Heck Grey Hulk was physically hanging with Classic Abomination way back.

Then again when dying of a specially design Poison by Madman.

So I really don't think Luffy is one shotting Hulk at all.

Then its a simple leap back to the battlefield. Only now Hulk would be very angry!

So now I have a Angrier Hulk, Soul Fire burning in large areas, Laser blasting you from a high spot, and SoS Entrapments littering the Battlefield should make this a very interesting Scenario.

#17 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

So Law is basically a.... Reality Manipulator.
    What I just seen is basically he can slice and dice with no chance of Blocking and do whatever he wants in a room that can be made anywhere and of any size to reality warp pieces together how he sees fit?

No just space.

He can take your heart but at the same time it's still pumping blood to the rest of your body.

The body switching is not explained. But one theory is even some ones mind/soul is occupied on a different plane of space.

I would infer he can manipulate/cut different planes of space without the destructive properties(pain, bleeding, death). Due to the fact the pieces may be reattached.

Well I guess I am not to worried. Since Son of Satan is a Hell Lord and can easily travel between Realms. Like how he helped Kid Loki in the Dream Realms.
    Or how he travels to his Hell realm and back.
    Also when it comes to Haki I wonder how well it holds up against Hell Lord level Magic and Power.
    Well with the battle set Up my guys are in the trenches. From there Grey Hulk (being uber smart and clever) along with Hellstorm will let the Laser Turret do its thing on any army guys.
    With that Helltstorm will summon his Chariot for added distraction and use if need be.
    Then make it it more fun he can Engulf the land in Soulfire.
    Now with Everything catching on fire including the remaining Troops will force your guys on moving around or have Your Souls burn.
    While the Chaos ensues Hellstro will do what he does best. He will start Marking quick Entrapments all over under the cover of raging flames all over the battlefield and his Chariot flying around.
    As seen these Entrapment's can be very quick to do. They literary set up a small space of Magical ensnarement. He has Entrap many Uber powerful beings in a short time like Blackheart and Dormammu.
    A weaker non Hell Lord SoS took merely a conjuring to imprison Hell Lord Blackheart.
    The more current SoS caught Dormammu in seconds of drawing it and letting Dormammu stand on it before it Activated.

Assuming that dose not count as self BFR Daimon will still have to face Law.

Armament Haki makes one more durable but the Observation Haki would allow Luffy to see the damage he would take if not dodged or countered. That is if Daimon can get past Law.

Luffy and Law would pay the turret any attention but would dismantle it once it interfered.

The Chariot would get cut all the same. Law has great reflexes he cut Tashigi (female in above scans) & Vergo (guy in blow scans) blitzing. Also fought Smoker

If the fire occupies any space within the room Law controls it. He even cut poison gas (scans blow).

Daimon would not get the chance for any entrapment. If he got the chance it would mean nothing to a space manipulator or some one who is not demonic possessed.

(Scans)

Law gets his heart back and reattaches it. Then proceeds to cut the top half of and island.

Fans speculate he can make his room big as and island due to the island not immediately crashing down crushing everything.

Grey hulk will then leap from the trenches to engage Luffy since Luffy is so intent of attacking Hulk. Now Luffy pulls off the second gear. Then what? He hits Hulk and Hulk will get Knocked in to the trees and beyond that. Then he will simply Leap Back. Grey Hulk Blunt Trauma is as good as any other Hulks. One attack to the gut wont put him down at all.

Sorry did not word that right Luffy would not one shot Grey Hulk. But Luffy will not stop at gear second when Grey Hulk starts shrugging of the pain. But Grey Hulk will feel them form the being.

Start@ 0:50

For Luffy's next trick he will go for Gear Third.

Gear Third synopsis

Luffy corks his mouth with his thumb, bites into his thumb joint (making a small opening) and blows very hard into it, which inflates his arm. He is then able to transfer the air through his entire body, requiring the torso to act as an interface for his various limbs. Luffy blows so much air into his body that when they are all focused on a single limb, they become the size equivalent to (or greater than) that of a giant's, if anything resembling Oars size. Used with his already-strong physiology, this apparently gives his arm more mass and a larger area to attack with far greater strength, but he sacrifices mobility for this strength, as his limbs are now so large that Luffy has trouble moving.

(Pre Time skip)

Post time skip as with Gear Second, Luffy seems to have obtained better skill at utilizing Gear Third. Previously, Gear Third would increase the size of the majority of Luffy's arm, thus reducing the speed of the attack in exchange for a powerful impact. However, Luffy after two years can seemingly control where the air is allowed to "sit" within his limbs, where his fist becomes large and instead of the air being equally distributed throughout his arm, an equivalently large mass forms behind the fist. This allows a majority of Luffy's arm to remain as it is, permitting him to stretch it, thus allowing him to attack and withdraw much faster than Pre time-skip. He was seen being able to enlarge his right fist while inside a Yarukiman bubble (where there is limited air supply) rapidly upon engaging against the Kraken, demonstrating the use of infusing Busoshoku Haki into his colossal-sized arm to enforce its durability and defeat the sea monster. Luffy is confirmed to have overcome his weakness of shrinking when deactivating this Gear, after inflating both his arms and using "Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gatling" on Noah for a prolonged period of time and not turning into his chibi form.

(Post Time Skip)

Devil fruit users can't handle contact with sea water(Luffy & Law fit this), it makes their powers weak or if submerged they drown (fall to the bottom like a hammer, their curse).

Same technique at super speed. This attach was use to destroy a ship half the of an island.

Surly a barge of harden steel giant fist would KO the hulk for mere moments at least.

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: I hate to say this... but your clearly beyond city level here.

• Strength Maximum is 80 Tons (Luffy is beating around twice this in Tons it seems)
    • Speed must be equal to or below Mach 8 Luffy is clearly faster than this and Hypersonic Mach 10+
    • Durability is limited to Iron Man level (Bleeding Edge Armor) This seems fine
    • Energy Blast maximum strength is powerful enough to destroy a building (smaller than a skyscraper, about the size of a bar or liquor store) Law breaks this rule. Completely. He can destroy a Island with his power. Also Luffy breaks this ruleas his Fist clearly destroys 3-4 Buildings worth in one shot with ease.
    • No limitation on enhanced metals No Probs here
    • Can read minds across the city, and can control minds This is fine
    • Cloners and Duplicators can make up to 5 clones or duplicates Again no Probs

So I really dont want to go on unless we restart this match as Planet Level.

• Savage Hulk strength
    • Speed limited to Wonder Woman level (below Superman)
    • Savage Hulk durability
    • Energy Blast maximum strength is powerful enough to wipe out a city
    • No limitation on enhanced metals
    • Moondragon / Martian Manhunter level telepathy is allowed

I think a Restart is in order....

#19 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: It seems we class things differently.

• Luffy has no lifting feats to speak of. His striking power is phenomenal. Due to not having to hold back Luffy could level a two storey building with a punch or level neighborhood

with a few. Savage Hulk dose this in one thunder clap.

• There is noting to suggest he is moving past mach 7 his combat speed is high but that is normal for One Piece characters.

Standard level character.

• Law is the hardest to class since he manipulates space. If you are faster than he can react he gets stomped. Otherwise you would need to manipulate space to a noticeable degree(teleportation would be helpful).
    • Also I don't class space manipulation as energy blast at all. AoA Nightcrawler could win. Iceman would stomp. By using multiple ice bodies an reforming from a consciousness like One Piece Logia users.

#20 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: Thats the Thing tho. You dont see Thing (Class 80) tearing neighborlhoods up with a punch or smashing Mountains like that. I suppose if you say speed wise he is below Mach 8 I will take it.

Iceman is a Planet level threat himself. He makes over a hundred Duplicates, Freeze City wide areas, and cannot be killed or KO for long. Like you said Law is hard to classified because of his total control of Space. Its like fighting soemone with the Space Gem. Thats a Planet Threat level guy. Aslo no one is reacting faster than him because he should be near Mach 7 as well right? Since we are limit to Mach 8 nobody can dodge him then. Its severely overpowering for City Class Levels.

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity:

Ehhh. Im going to throw the towel in for this one. I believe Luffy is deal able However Law is... like fighting Aunt May with the Space Gem. Aunt May always win then. Its not possible with a City Leveler I have without resorting to a Reality Manipulator.

So I am conceding.

#22 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

Thats the Thing tho. You dont see Thing (Class 80) tearing neighborlhoods up with a punch or smashing Mountains like that. I suppose if you say speed wise he is below Mach 8 I will take it.

That's where comics and anime/manga separate with low tier characters.

Anime/manga focus on making the characters run faster, hit harder, & damage soaking. And justify it with training a technique to boost those categories or giving them haxed powers(Law).

Comics give raw untrained super strength, bullets timing reflexes & durability/healing. But leaves characters at the same level for years out side of one time power ups & mini series.

The thing is Luffy can't match top tier street level heroes in a tug of war, simple as that. But make it a punching contest and Luffy walk away the victor. With superior striking power due to speed.

Imagine if Scarlet Spider had combat at mach speeds and learned karate to destroy buildings with every punch.

Iceman is a Planet level threat himself. He makes over a hundred Duplicates, Freeze City wide areas, and cannot be killed or KO for long. Like you said Law is hard to classified because of his total control of Space. Its like fighting soemone with the Space Gem. Thats a Planet Threat level guy. Aslo no one is reacting faster than him because he should be near Mach 7 as well right? Since we are limit to Mach 8 nobody can dodge him then. Its severely overpowering for City Class Levels.

Iceman has the potential to be Planet level threat but his character holds him back. Law has space manipulation in his room not total control. Leave the room and your safe. The space gem makes you a master of space in the universe.

Yes Law fights people with that level of combat speed but AoA Nightcrawler can tele-dismember Law given the chance & come to think of it Blink has a good chance also. You could say she is street level.

Ehhh. Im going to throw the towel in for this one. I believe Luffy is deal able However Law is... like fighting Aunt May with the Space Gem. Aunt May always win then. Its not possible with a City Leveler I have without resorting to a Reality Manipulator.
    So I am conceding.

I'm totally fine with making this unofficial if @Floopay: allows it and find some better matches. Maybe add a little prep. (•‿•)

#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@CadenceV2:

Thats the Thing tho. You dont see Thing (Class 80) tearing neighborlhoods up with a punch or smashing Mountains like that. I suppose if you say speed wise he is below Mach 8 I will take it.

Anime/manga focus on making the characters run faster, hit harder, & damage soaking. And justify it with training a technique to boost those categories or giving them haxed powers(Law).

Comics give raw untrained super strength, bullets timing reflexes & durability/healing. But leaves characters at the same level for years out side of one time power ups & mini series.

The thing is Luffy can't match top tier street level heroes in a tug of war, simple as that. But make it a punching contest and Luffy walk away the victor. With superior striking power due to speed.

Imagine if Scarlet Spider had combat at mach speeds and learned karate to destroy buildings with every punch.

Iceman has the potential to be Planet level threat but his character holds him back. Law has space manipulation in his room not total control. Leave the room and your safe. The space gem makes you a master of space in the universe.

Yes Law fights people with that level of combat speed but AoA Nightcrawler can tele-dismember Law given the chance & come to think of it Blink has a good chance also. You could say she is street level.

So I am conceding.

I'm totally fine with making this unofficial if @Floopay: allows it and find some better matches. Maybe add a little prep. (•‿•)

Yeah I was totally ignorant of Law here. When I first saw him with the Sword I mistaken him for Zoro.

#24 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@CadenceV2:

So I am conceding.

Yeah I was totally ignorant of Law here. When I first saw him with the Sword I mistaken him for Zoro.

Just post in the Challenge a Viner Tournament thread what you want and I'll make a new match. Remember, it's up to you two to decide what is and isn't fair. This tournament is about who is the better debater, not who can make the most one sided team. If someone accidentally chose something that was more powerful than they thought it would be, you can opt for a rematch or something.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay