#1 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire Batman vs. Wolverine

Batman has been granted all of the traditional powers of a vampire, including superhuman strength, flight, immortality, the power to turn others into Vampires, etc. Assume Batman has a powerful enough venom to negate Wolverine's healing factor. On top of this, he has all of the abilities of classic Batman pre-New 52. He does have traditional vampiric weaknesses however. Garlic, the cross, sunlight. A wooden stake through the heart can only place him into a coma-like state. Can be killed by decapitation.

Wolverine retains all his classic powers.

Fight takes place within this dark mansion at midnight:

WHO WILL EMERGE?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine even though I hate the character.

#3 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Meant to put this on the battles forum. Oops. Maybe a moderator can help me out.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

Can one of you moderators move this please?

#5 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Can one of you moderators move this please?

Thanks.

#6 Posted by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would decapitate him.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: No problem man.

#8 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would kill the f*ck outta Batman easily.

#9 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

No he cant, especially not in this instance. Batman is faster, smarter, has a vast variety of weapons and gadgets, and superior martial ability. The main factor in a fight between him and batman is his healing factor. Batman would beat wolverine almost every time they fight into a K.O. or an Incapacitation. However, as the fight goes on, Wolverine would keep coming back, and after being beat many times, he would most likely kill Batman.

In this case, Batman has superhuman powers that he can use, flight and superhuman strength probably being the most effective. If this fight was to a K.O. or an incapacitation, this fight would be over and done with extremely quickly, in Batman's favour. Once again however, if the fight is to death, then Wolverine will just have to keep coming back until the sun is up, at that point in time batman would die to his vampire weaknesses.

So, fight to Incapacitation or K.O. - Batman, with or without vampire powers

Fight to the death - Wolverine, with or without vampire powers

#10 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines said:

No he cant, especially not in this instance. Batman is faster, smarter, has a vast variety of weapons and gadgets, and superior martial ability. The main factor in a fight between him and batman is his healing factor. Batman would beat wolverine almost every time they fight into a K.O. or an Incapacitation. However, as the fight goes on, Wolverine would keep coming back, and after being beat many times, he would most likely kill Batman.

In this case, Batman has superhuman powers that he can use, flight and superhuman strength probably being the most effective. If this fight was to a K.O. or an incapacitation, this fight would be over and done with extremely quickly, in Batman's favour. Once again however, if the fight is to death, then Wolverine will just have to keep coming back until the sun is up, at that point in time batman would die to his vampire weaknesses.

I see your point. To avoid having this be a multiple round ordeal, I clarified the facts a bit: Assume Batman has a powerful enough venom to negate Wolverine's healing factor. If it's magic-based, that's not so far-fetched. I meant for this to be a one and done match-up...to the death. So I think the question is can Batman get close enough to bite Wolverine or does he get decapitated?

#11 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines said:

I see your point. To avoid having this be a multiple round ordeal, I clarified the facts a bit: Assume Batman has a powerful enough venom to negate Wolverine's healing factor. If it's magic-based, that's not so far-fetched. I meant for this to be a one and done match-up...to the death. So I think the question is can Batman get close enough to bite Wolverine or does he get decapitated?

Yes i think that he could get close enough, he has previously dodged several things that move much faster than Wolverine.

#12 Edited by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: if he gets close he will get decapitated, Wolverine is not dumb to let him come that close to him.

#13 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

@Reignmaker: if he gets close he will get decapitated, Wolverine is not dumb to let him come that close to him.

But he isn't actually fast enough to Decapitate him

#14 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines said:

so, after saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL that, you arrive at the conclusion that....Wolverine would kill the f*ck outta Batman, as was my original post.

#15 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: Alright, if Batman has a "powerful enough venom" to negate Wolverine's healing factor...how does vampiBatman administer the venom? through a bite?

#16 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: no. after saying ALLLLLLLLLLLLL that , i came to the conclusion that batman would beat the fuck out of wolverine, until wolverines power wins it for him in the end

#17 Posted by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: i'm 100% sure he is, it's not going to decapitate him asap they would fight a bit.

#18 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines: no. after saying ALLLLLLLLLLLLL that , i came to the conclusion that batman would beat the fuck out of wolverine, until wolverines power wins it for him in the end

...so it ends with Wolverine killing Batman, yes?

#19 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Reignmaker: Alright, if Batman has a "powerful enough venom" to negate Wolverine's healing factor...how does vampiBatman administer the venom? through a bite?

Correct.

#20 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@Jayfournines said:

Correct.

Alright, I do not see a different ending. In order to bite Batman has to be in close, Wolverine would decapitate him. The thing here is that Batman doesn't bring anything to the table that Logan has not faced before, even with his amped vampire powers...whereas Logan brings something that Bruce has not yet encountered...mainly and indestructible skeleton, keen senses, insane claws and a healing factor that would heal most, if not all of his wounds in a matter of moments.

For this to be tilted in Bruce's favor prep would be needed IMO

#21 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@CalebHara said:

Yes, and does wolverine "kill the f*ck out of batman easily"...? No.

#22 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2: But it comes down to wether or not Batman could bite him asap, and IMO he can.

#23 Posted by laflux (15972 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan

#24 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@GhostRider2: But it comes down to wether or not Batman could bite him asap, and IMO he can.

Obviously I'm a fanboy, but Batman also only needs to immobilize Logan temporarily to get a bite in. It's not like Batman is going to forget all his training and go for the score right off the *ahem* bat. Though I'll admit, that could be the most effective way to do it.

#25 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@CalebHara said:

Obviously I'm a fanboy, but Batman also only needs to immobilize Logan temporarily to get a bite in. It's not like Batman is going to forget all his training and go for the score right off the *ahem* bat. Though I'll admit, that could be the most effective way to do it.

Ok, so you know batman, do you think that if he knew that the only way that he could bring wolverine down is to bite him, that he would do it right away?

#26 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

wOLverine! CHophis head off

#27 Posted by jashro44 (21829 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines said:

Wolverine would beat batman rather easily in a random encounter. Not sure if the vampire abilities are enough. He might win under these conditions but wolverine still has a good chance. Batman could never KO wolverine, Wolverine is actually faster than batman (normally under these conditions batman might be faster I don't know as I never read anything with vampire batman) and they have comparable skill

#28 Posted by jashro44 (21829 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways anyone got any feats for vampire batman? IIRC he lifted a car so he is stronger but does anyone have any other feats?

#29 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: do you have anything to show that he is faster than Batman, i am willing to accept that if you can prove it

#30 Posted by jashro44 (21829 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara:They have comparable feats. Admittedly looking at feats they seem pretty even but wolverine on paper is super human so I believe the general consensus is wolverine is faster (reflex wise).

As for feats here:

For the record there are more.

#31 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Reignmaker said:

@CalebHara said:

Ok, so you know batman, do you think that if he knew that the only way that he could bring wolverine down is to bite him, that he would do it right away?

I know Batman likes to strike from the shadows but in giving Wolverine the respect he deserves, I doubt that he'd fall for a simple covert takedown.

Since it's an initial meeting with no prep, it stands to reason that Batman would take some time to gauge his opponent - not fully committing to any one takedown (most likely after a failed initial attempt). This would probably be the time where Wolverine would be at his most dangerous. Batman has flight though, so he should manage to keep his head here.

After a few minutes of experimental engagement, I think Bruce would rely on his superior training and technique. Many of his attacks would no doubt take advantage of the mansion's shadowy environment, not to mention his new-found abilities. Wolverine is more of a brawler, and he often acts as the tank for the teams that he's been on. In short, he heavily relies on his healing factor from the comics I've read. Batman by contrast, is much more evasive - where he utilizes a style with many counter strikes, using his opponent's moves against him.

I'm not saying that Wolverine doesn't have any training or finesse, but I don't think his techniques are as sophisticated as Batman's. I actually see the fight ending with Wolverine getting knocked out or incapacitated. And while he's on his back/stomach, THEN VampBat swoops down for an uncontested bite.

#32 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines said:

@CalebHara said:

psht, winning is winning. There is nothing vampi Batman could do to Wolverine; just cause you don't like my initial post and tried to mask it by saying "batman does this and that and that....but wolverine wins jus, but batman does so on and so forth" does not change the outcome nor the fact that Wolverine kills the f*ck outta Batman easily without prep.

#33 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I agree, they are comparable, on paper, i would have to say that they're on par with each other. I would post Batman feats, but i have no idea how to stack them beside each other in that format. lol, i honestly still believe that batman could K.O. but i completely agree with the fact that wolverine would win in the end.

#34 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines said:

@CalebHara said:

psht, winning is winning. There is nothing vampi Batman could do to Wolverine; just cause you don't like my initial post and tried to mask it by saying "batman does this and that and that....but wolverine wins jus, but batman does so on and so forth" does not change the outcome nor the fact that Wolverine kills the f*ck outta Batman easily without prep.

yes, it does change that initial statement, there is no way that Wolverine would beat the fuck out of him easily. Sure he would win in the end, but does that make it beating the fuck out of him easily..? no

#35 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara: Maybe I am in the wrong then, do you have any feats for vampire Batman?

#36 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@CalebHara: Maybe I am in the wrong then, do you have any feats for vampire Batman?

I know there have been some comics of Vampire Batman. I'm not that familiar with them though. Apparently he can chuck cars around and detect how close you are based on your heartbeat though.

#37 Posted by jashro44 (21829 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@jashro44: I agree, they are comparable, on paper, i would have to say that they're on par with each other. I would post Batman feats, but i have no idea how to stack them beside each other in that format. lol, i honestly still believe that batman could K.O. but i completely agree with the fact that wolverine would win in the end.

Fair enough. If you want to upload images the way I did you go to your profile and click images and then you go to add images and you should be able to upload scans from your gallery and click on multiple images. Here is an example if you need it. Just click on the stuff circled in red.

Hope this helps.

#38 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5058 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie wins. He's taken down tougher opponents than Vamps.

#39 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@Jayfournines said:

I know there have been some comics of Vampire Batman. I'm not that familiar with them though. Apparently he can chuck cars around and detect how close you are based on your heartbeat though.

i dont have scans atm but from what i can remember, he can turn to a mist, he has superhuman strength (I'm not sure to what degree) he flipped over a mercedes over easily with one arm (before he was fully transformed), he could fly, sense enemies via heartbeats, he was immune to holy water and crucifixes i think, cue to his human blood.

#40 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@Jayfournines said:

That's the thing though, we have (at least I do) very few feats that could help vampiBats' case, whereas Wolverine has tons of consistent feats that place him as one of the Marvel Universe's top combatants. Wolverine has tanked some of the most brutal shots by the Hulk (who even managed to KO him momentarily but not kill him). He moves quite fast, has keen senses and centuries of combat experience; not only that...hasn't he encountered vampires before? (wasn't storm a vampire at some point? apologies my X-Men knowledge is not as sharp as it should be).

A blow from Wolverine, would stagger most beings due to the weight and indestructible metal behind them; his claws would easily cut through Batman's armor (vampire or not, it's not withstanding adamantium). As good as Batman is in hand to hand, Logan can easily hang with him (he may not be as good as Bruce under normal circumstances...but Logan is far from normal) and even be superior due to his healing factor. I doubt vampire Batman hits as hard as Hulk, moves as fast as Speed Demon and has greater resistance than Sabretooth.

Again, I would say Wolvie kills Batman easily mainly because a) This is a random encounter (with prep Bruce would win) and b) Batman brings NOTHING to the table that Logan has not seen before, whereas Wolverine brings a buncha stuff Bruce has not encountered in the DCU

#41 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Batman has been granted all of the traditional powers of a vampire

State which vampire you are talking about. There different types of vampires in the media with different power levels.

#42 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: fair enough, i agree with the fact that there are really not a lot of batman vampire feats that would support anything that i have to say, and Wolverine has tones. And i see what you're saying, and i agreed, Wolverine would beat batman in a random encounter, it just seemed as if you were discrediting Batman and that is the only thing i really wanted to address.

#43 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@Jayfournines: fair enough, i agree with the fact that there are really not a lot of batman vampire feats that would support anything that i have to say, and Wolverine has tones. And i see what you're saying, and i agreed, Wolverine would beat batman in a random encounter, it just seemed as if you were discrediting Batman and that is the only thing i really wanted to address.

Very classy of you mate, you've just earned my respect. -salutes-

#44 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: @CalebHara: @jashro44:

Not really related to the thread's vampire topic, but saw this and it was enjoyable.

#45 Posted by jashro44 (21829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker:Yea I saw that video a few months ago and it was very well done. Really awesome video IMO.

#46 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: i saw that, it was awesome

#47 Posted by GhostRider2 (3308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: yeah it's awesome.

#48 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if we're just going by the legend that just the symbol of the cross can hurt Batman...Wolverine can make a cross with his Claws like he did against Dracula (for Dracula the bearer of the cross had to actually believe for it to be effective). I'm assuming we're talking about a regular powered Vampire here...not Dracula-level.

#49 Posted by Mee09 (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: Hahahahaha! You do realize that Vampires are immortal right? Meaning they CANNOT be killed. You do know this right?!?!

#50 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a good fight.