Vamp vs The Fear (Metal Gear Solid series)

CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CortSether

Who wins in a battle out in the open?
Who wins in a battle in the jungle?

Since Vamp has nanomachines to make him come back to life from death and The Fear has stealth camo, we'll say that Vamps nanos are malfunctioning -  meaning he still has all of his abilities, he just won't come back to life if The Fear manages to kill him. Also, The Fear does not have his prototype stealth camo now.

Let's look at their abilities 

Vamp

No Caption Provided
 - Can tell what  a normal person is going to do in their next movement by looking at their muscles (stated in MGS2)
- Is an expert with knives (stated in MGS2)
-Can run up walls/run on water (seen in MGS2)
- His combination knife mastery and knowing extensively about human muslce movements makes him deflect bullets fired at him with ease (MGS2)
- Has superhuman speed/agility
- Can jump from enormous heights without being phased
- Excellent sense of smell (MGS2)

Abilitiy not counted: Vamp comes back to life after being killed

The Fear
No Caption Provided
  - Is a master at setting traps for the enemy (in MGS3 it says he boobie trapped the area where you fight him)

- Can run on water (seen in MGS3)

- Can climb up vertical objects like trees/buildings/etc (MGS3 he climbs up the tree backwards at the start of the fight)
- Has superhuman speed (seen in MGS3 fight)
- Can jump incredible distances

- Often uses this invisible thread-type material that he uses to hang upside down with and pop up behind the enemy or just shoot from afar ( he does this when he first steals Sokolov and will do this in your battle with him, much more so on harder difficulties)

- Uses his crossbows at rapid speed where he tips them with fire, grenades, brazilian wandering spider venom, etc.)

Ability not counted: Stealth Camo that he uses to become almost invisible to the eye

My verdict:
I think the winner is The Fear, ultimately. Vamp and The Fear have much of the same abilities. They can both travel up vertical objects (like when Vamp runs up that pillar and when The Fear dislocates his arms and goes up the tree backwards), they both are able to run on water, they both have a mastery over some type of weapon style, they both have enhanced human speed, I'd even say superhuman.

But here is where I say The Fear wins. Vamp has been shown to read the opponents muscle movements to see what they will do next - The Fear doesn't have Vamp's ability to read his opponents movements - BUT it does not apply to Vamp here. Remember how Vamp couldn't tell where Raiden was going to shoot in MGS2, saying that "his muscles are different" due to the skull suit? Well, The Fear doesn't have the typical human's muscles either. He fights with his arms swinging and dislocated, jumps far distances like a jumping spider, and runs incredibly fast on all fours. To me, I don't think Vamp will be able to tell what The Fear is going to do.

The Fear may not have had as much showtime as Vamp in the series, but remember that the Cobra Unit was a select group of 6 (counting The Boss and The Sorrow) super secret operatives that had extensive military training and were given the most dangerous missions. So The Fear has many kills under his belt and military experience as well.

The Fear might be able to lower himself upside down and go for a quick neck slit, but Vamp has excellent smell, so that might not work if Vamp can smell him...It's about even but The Fear just has 1 or 2 more things going for him, in my opinion, that makes him eventually win in  a very hard fought battle.

So what's your take?

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@DoratheILLegaLImmigrant said:
" Not another one of your dumb topics *sigh* Vamp takes this easily. "
this is a good battle really, and your the master when it comes to dumb topics so you have no right of calling anyone else dumb, also fear can win this due to vamp not being able to come back to life
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth

I always wanted to do this one..I think vamp takes it because the fears venom might not be able to overcome his healing factor.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@geraldthesloth said:
" I always wanted to do this one..I think vamp takes it because the fears venom might not be able to overcome his healing factor. "
that was taken out though, vamp does not have his healing factor
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CortSether
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
" I always wanted to do this one..I think vamp takes it because the fears venom might not be able to overcome his healing factor. "
that was taken out though, vamp does not have his healing factor"

Yea, I took out the healing factor because no one would be able to permanently defeat Vamp while he has it. But, I also took out The Fear's stealth camo to make it more even as well.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth
@CortSether said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
Yea, I took out the healing factor because no one would be able to permanently defeat Vamp while he has it. But, I also took out The Fear's stealth camo to make it more even as well. "
Sorry didn't check that.

Either way I still think Vamp takes this for many reasons.  The Fear doesn't have his camo. Vamp will be able to read his muscle movements once he gets an eye on him.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DoratheILLegaLImmigrant said:
this is a good battle really, and your the master when it comes to dumb topics so you have no right of calling anyone else dumb, also fear can win this due to vamp not being able to come back to life "
I don't see how this is a good battle as The Fear got beat by Big Boss who was exceptionally weaker than Solid Snake, who almost got taken out by Vamp.And my topics are NOT dumb. "
ohhhh yes your topics are, and vamp had a healing factor there thats why snake had troubles
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CortSether
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
this is a good battle really, and your the master when it comes to dumb topics so you have no right of calling anyone else dumb, also fear can win this due to vamp not being able to come back to life "
I don't see how this is a good battle as The Fear got beat by Big Boss who was exceptionally weaker than Solid Snake, who almost got taken out by Vamp.And my topics are NOT dumb."
Lots of things don't apply to what you said.

- Vamp was able to read Snake's movements through his muscles, something I doubt he'd be able to do with The Fear because the Fear's muscles are unlike any other's.
- What makes you think Big Boss in the Snake Eater conflict was "exceptionally weaker" than Solid Snake? Both Snake and Big Boss overcame their obstacles,so I don't know how you're comparing.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@geraldthesloth said:
" @CortSether said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
Yea, I took out the healing factor because no one would be able to permanently defeat Vamp while he has it. But, I also took out The Fear's stealth camo to make it more even as well. "
Sorry didn't check that.Either way I still think Vamp takes this for many reasons.  The Fear doesn't have his camo. Vamp will be able to read his muscle movements once he gets an eye on him. "
only problem is that fear has had his muscles changed and altered, as well as the poison in vamps body will begin to dull and weaken his senses
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CortSether
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
" @CortSether said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
Sorry didn't check that.Either way I still think Vamp takes this for many reasons.  The Fear doesn't have his camo. Vamp will be able to read his muscle movements once he gets an eye on him. "
only problem is that fear has had his muscles changed and altered, as well as the poison in vamps body will begin to dull and weaken his senses"
That's if The Fear is able to hit Vamp with the poison-tipped arrow, but that's a very good point, because I think the Fear would be able to land hits on Vamp due to his muscles being so whacky.
Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Larfleeze
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
I don't see how this is a good battle as The Fear got beat by Big Boss who was exceptionally weaker than Solid Snake, who almost got taken out by Vamp.And my topics are NOT dumb."

How is Big Boss so much weaker than his own clone?

This is an interesting fight, but I see Vamp taking the win pretty comfortably.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@CortSether said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
" @CortSether said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
only problem is that fear has had his muscles changed and altered, as well as the poison in vamps body will begin to dull and weaken his senses"
That's if The Fear is able to hit Vamp with the poison-tipped arrow, but that's a very good point, because I think the Fear would be able to land hits on Vamp due to his muscles being so whacky. "
fear should be able to hit him, vamp gets hit alot and uses his healing factor to really negate the effect (like in mgs4 in his fight with raiden) so fear should hit him and fear can dodge vamp well with the jumping as well as chiming treens in the jungle and jumping in the open area, plus vamp is all close range (unless he throws his knives) well fear is pure long range and can also set traps for vamp along the way
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
" @Larfleeze said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
How is Big Boss so much weaker than his own clone?This is an interesting fight, but I see Vamp taking the win pretty comfortably. "
Just look at the battles they went up against. Solid Snake fought Gray Fox, Liquid Snake, Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, Solidus Snake, Metal Gear Rex, other Metal Gears, etc. And beat them all nicely. Big Boss fought the lame Cobra Unit, The Boss, a YOUNG inexperienced Ocelot, Vulgin, and whoop de doo the retarded Shagohod. Even though he won, he needed help and came close to dying so many times. "
and did you know that solid snake would never have beaten mantis if not for the game idea, and him beating metal gear rex was with help from otacon, as well as he had trouble with the ladys and that they were not has hard as people think, well big boss had to fight his guys in a open area solid snake always had some kind of cover or house to fight in, with the rage it was a tower, with laughing octopus it was a hut, with sniper wolf he was able to see her for a good 5 secs before she took a shot, gray fox wanted snake to kill him so he did not fight full on, and the boss is not something to laugh about she was the best soldier the world has ever known and is still thought to be only beaten by big boss, the cobra unit is also great due to them all being much better then snake but he was still able to beat him, vulgin was also nothing to shake your head at since he was known for ruthless tactics and always going for the kill and the shagohod he had a little help with but it's still a huge feat for him, the only reason people think that solid snake is better is due to him being a clone so they think he MUST be better well he is at best on par, add in that solid snake had far better tech the big boss,
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Lantern Prime

PSycho Manits was really defeated in the plot through Solid Snake's will power. Vulgin had Super Strength and Electrical powers and yet Big Boss defeated him long range and up close.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth

Vamp is easily the fastest guy in MGS he's fast enough to dodge the arrows.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@geraldthesloth said:
"    Vamp is easily the fastest guy in MGS he's fast enough to dodge the arrows. "
idk i though raidan is faster, and fear might not be as fast be he can sure as well tag vamp
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By geraldthesloth
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"    Vamp is easily the fastest guy in MGS he's fast enough to dodge the arrows. "
idk i though raidan is faster, and fear might not be as fast be he can sure as well tag vamp "
The ninja armor enhanced raiden
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@geraldthesloth said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
idk i though raidan is faster, and fear might not be as fast be he can sure as well tag vamp "
The ninja armor enhanced raiden "
yea i know that, but that still made him faster in my mind lol
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By geraldthesloth
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
yea i know that, but that still made him faster in my mind lol "
I wish I had a ps3 lol.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@geraldthesloth said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
yea i know that, but that still made him faster in my mind lol "
I wish I had a ps3 lol. "
lol yea mgs4 was a good game, maybe the best one and it showed how great of a hero snake really is
TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TelekineticSun
"@Larfleeze said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
How is Big Boss so much weaker than his own clone?This is an interesting fight, but I see Vamp taking the win pretty comfortably. "
Just look at the battles they went up against. Solid Snake fought Gray Fox, Liquid Snake, Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, Solidus Snake, Metal Gear Rex, other Metal Gears, etc. And beat them all nicely. Big Boss fought the lame Cobra Unit, The Boss, a YOUNG inexperienced Ocelot, Vulgin, and whoop de doo the retarded Shagohod. Even though he won, he needed help and came close to dying so many times."

Solid Snake never fought Solidus Snake.
He shot a grenade at him and that was about all the battle conflict between them that i can remember.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By geraldthesloth
@TelekineticSun said:
"@Larfleeze said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Just look at the battles they went up against. Solid Snake fought Gray Fox, Liquid Snake, Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, Solidus Snake, Metal Gear Rex, other Metal Gears, etc. And beat them all nicely. Big Boss fought the lame Cobra Unit, The Boss, a YOUNG inexperienced Ocelot, Vulgin, and whoop de doo the retarded Shagohod. Even though he won, he needed help and came close to dying so many times."
Solid Snake never fought Solidus Snake.He shot a grenade at him and that was about all the battle conflict between them that i can remember. "
That's about it besides attacking them in the jet.
Aeschma Deava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aeschma Deava

Ooh, I like this battle. I'm going for The Fear. Fear would own that F## Vamp.

Noah Kenshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Noah Kenshiki

Vamp with ease

Aeschma Deava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aeschma Deava
@Noah Kenshiki said:
" Vamp with ease "
lolol no.
Noah Kenshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Noah Kenshiki
@Aeschma Deava said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" Vamp with ease "
lolol no. "
Go play the games ;)

Vamp is superior in every single way, he's faster, stronger, has better reflexes. Anything Fear can do Vamp does 10x better. Fear only uses crossbows in battles, Vamp has shown to avoid gunsfire, and block bullets with knives from highly trained soldiers and Solid Snake himself. A crossbow moves slower than a bullet and is far easier to spot. Any explosive bow used Vamp is fast enough to avoid the blast.

Fear was beat by a guy who was human, who is likely to be only peak. Vamp has kept up, and even outclassed Raiden a cyborg ninja with superhuman level attributes. Just because Vamp cant heal does not put him at a disadvantage, fear is at a bigger one with not having his camo.
Aeschma Deava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aeschma Deava
@Noah Kenshiki said:
" @Aeschma Deava said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" Vamp with ease "
lolol no. "
Go play the games ;)  Vamp is superior in every single way, he's faster, stronger, has better reflexes. Anything Fear can do Vamp does 10x better. Fear only uses crossbows in battles, Vamp has shown to avoid gunsfire, and block bullets with knives from highly trained soldiers and Solid Snake himself. A crossbow moves slower than a bullet and is far easier to spot. Any explosive bow used Vamp is fast enough to avoid the blast.  Fear was beat by a guy who was human, who is likely to be only peak. Vamp has kept up, and even outclassed Raiden a cyborg ninja with superhuman level attributes. Just because Vamp cant heal does not put him at a disadvantage, fear is at a bigger one with not having his camo. "
I have played all the games, First off, he isn't superior in every way.  

1) Faster -  Based on game play, the Fear moves a lot faster while running than Vamp could, based on cut scenes, The Fear is just as quick.
2) Stronger -  Based on what? Vamp has never shown feats that rely on muscle, ever. 
3) Better reflexes - They are pretty much tied in this department, The Fear has exhibited the ability to do all the crap that Vamp can with regards to maneuvering up straight objects, running on water, etc.  

The Fear is much better at sneaking up on people and taking them by surprise, and he is a master at setting up traps. Vamp's ability to read the muscle movements of his opponents are moot in this battle because The Fear does not have ordinary human muscles. The Fear was also one of the highest trained secret op soldiers during the second world war, combat training that Vamp does not have.  

Ok, The Fear was beaten by Big Boss. But guess what? Vamp got his ass kicked by Snake in MGS4 and most likely would have been killed if Snake didn't decide to go after the Gekko with the Rail Gun and let Raiden finish him off. 
ihateicarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ihateicarly
  Don't forget Vamp also got his butt kicked by Raiden twice in MGS2 XD

@Aeschma Deava
said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" @Aeschma Deava said:
" @Noah Kenshiki said:
" Vamp with ease "
lolol no. "
Go play the games ;)  Vamp is superior in every single way, he's faster, stronger, has better reflexes. Anything Fear can do Vamp does 10x better. Fear only uses crossbows in battles, Vamp has shown to avoid gunsfire, and block bullets with knives from highly trained soldiers and Solid Snake himself. A crossbow moves slower than a bullet and is far easier to spot. Any explosive bow used Vamp is fast enough to avoid the blast.  Fear was beat by a guy who was human, who is likely to be only peak. Vamp has kept up, and even outclassed Raiden a cyborg ninja with superhuman level attributes. Just because Vamp cant heal does not put him at a disadvantage, fear is at a bigger one with not having his camo. "
  Ok, The Fear was beaten by Big Boss. But guess what? Vamp got his ass kicked by Snake in MGS4 and most likely would have been killed if Snake didn't decide to go after the Gekko with the Rail Gun and let Raiden finish him off.  "
OpCharybdis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fear wins this one to me.

I'm not that familiar with Vamp, but from what I can gather he relies an extreme amount on his healing factor and ability to predict via his opponents muscles. Considering that The Fear's muscles are f***ed up with quintuple joints, AND that Vamp's healing factor is now gone, then Fear has this fight. Not to mention that The Fear moves so unpredictably and fast that you just can't do him in.

Besides, The Fear is fast enough to dodge knives. In CQC, The Fear kicked the @ss of Big Boss, who, along with THE Boss, the greatest women of the last five centuries, DEVELOPED CQC, so Vamp can't really fight The Fear that well. He may hold his own against someone like The Pain, but the majority of The Cobras, including The Fear, can beat him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e70fbf53cc8e
deactivated-5e70fbf53cc8e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vamp wins this. He was stomping Cyborg Raiden