#1 Edited by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Both are in character

Both start unarmed but are able to find, create or improvise weapons.

They both are unaware of their opponents location at the start of the fight and must hunt them down.

Round 1 takes place in a crime infested populated city

Round 2 takes place in a jungle

round 3 takes place in Silent Hill

May the best mentally unstable character win.

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (17935 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't imagine Vaas with morals on.

Online
#3 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

I can't imagine Vaas with morals on.

I think I meant "in character" that works a lot better lol I'll change it.

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (17935 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Maybe Vaas. I doubt Rorschach can't take Vaas in a crime infested city by himself.

Round 2: Leaning toward Rorschach. If it was Rook Island, Vaas wins.

Round 3: Rorschach.

Online
#5 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

Round 1: Maybe Vaas. I doubt Rorschach can't take Vaas in a crime infested city by himself.

Round 2: Leaning toward Rorschach. If it was Rook Island, Vaas wins.

Round 3: Rorschach.

Interesting, I thought maybe round 1 and 2 would be different seeing as in a densely populated city rorshach is definitely more within his element than Vaas, though in this setting it would not be hard for Vaas to find a gun somewhere, it is infested with crime after all. And Vaas is definitely at home within the jungle but in this setting he would most likely be unable to find any guns, and although he shows some degree of skill in knife fighting I think Rorshach takes him pretty easily in h2h. Round 3 I saw as a necessary tie breaker, any reason you might think that Rorshach would fare better in a foggy nightmarish town than Vaas would?

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (17935 posts) - - Show Bio

@theweltman: I don't even know what Silent Hill is so I just went out on a limb there lol.

Online
#7 Posted by GhostRider2 (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

I can't imagine Vaas with morals on.

Haha true, i can't wait to upgrade my card to play .

#8 Edited by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Rorshack can take all rounds except for possibly round 2. Vaas would probably make better use of the terrain as he is far more familiar with jungles.

Vaas wasn't all that impressive as he relied on ambushing Jason a lot. We never really saw Vaas fight except for that dream/hallucination/whatever where Jason kills him. Vaas did dodge and block a knife swing, so he obviously has some skill, but Jason eventually killed him. And I have very mixed feelings about Jason's abilities.

Feats seem to be a huge deal on this site and Vaas has very few feats. That certainly isn't a problem for Rorshack, who makes great use of his hand-to-hand fighting skills and resourcefulness with his surroundings.

#9 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorshach in all three. Vaas is crazy, but nothing in Far Cry 3 told us he was on Rorshach's level.

#10 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Rorschach (A crime infested city is nothing new to him whereas Vaas would be extremely out of his element.)
  2. Vass (Same reasoning.)
  3. Rorschach (Rorschach's crazy is more resilient towards Silent Hill, then Vaa's crazy. Also... it's just another urban environment, but with nightmarish entities that want to kill/eat you.
#11 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman said:

I want to say Rorshack can take all rounds except for possibly round 2. Vaas would probably make better use of the terrain as he is far more familiar with jungles.

Vaas wasn't all that impressive as he relied on ambushing Jason a lot. We never really saw Vaas fight except for that dream/hallucination/whatever where Jason kills him. Vaas did dodge and block a knife swing, so he obviously has some skill, but Jason eventually killed him. And I have very mixed feelings about Jason's abilities.

Feats seem to be a huge deal on this site and Vaas has very few feats. That certainly isn't a problem for Rorshack, who makes great use of his hand-to-hand fighting skills and resourcefulness with his surroundings.

I would mostly agree with this statement, though I wouldn't say Vaas wasn't impressive, some of the ambushes he set up definitely required a lot of foresight and planning, knowing exactly what Jason would do and where he would be, I would say his ambushes were his feats and I could see him doing the same to Rorshach, not that Rorshach couldn't handle it but he would definitely give him a run for his money imo.

#12 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good fight ;)

I say Rorschach wins round 1 and 3 but Vass wins round 2.

#13 Edited by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@theweltman said:

I would mostly agree with this statement, though I wouldn't say Vaas wasn't impressive, some of the ambushes he set up definitely required a lot of foresight and planning, knowing exactly what Jason would do and where he would be, I would say his ambushes were his feats and I could see him doing the same to Rorshach, not that Rorshach couldn't handle it but he would definitely give him a run for his money imo.

I agree somewhat with what you're saying. The trap at Vaas' own compound was actually a good showing of foresight, though not so much for actually capitalizing on the trap. And that is Vaas' main problem. He had Jason in his hands how many times? Four? Five? Possibly even more? And he tried to kill Jason all but one time: the very beginning of the game.

And not to take anything away from Vaas' very good trap at his own compound but Jason really did make the most rookie mistakes before every capture. Didn't Vaas even catch him twice by sitting in a corner and waiting for Jason to walk by after entering the room? Maybe the first time was someone else but the point remains that Jason did not even learn from his first capture to check his corners.

#14 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman said:

@theweltman said:

I would mostly agree with this statement, though I wouldn't say Vaas wasn't impressive, some of the ambushes he set up definitely required a lot of foresight and planning, knowing exactly what Jason would do and where he would be, I would say his ambushes were his feats and I could see him doing the same to Rorshach, not that Rorshach couldn't handle it but he would definitely give him a run for his money imo.

I agree somewhat with what you're saying. The trap at Vaas' own compound was actually a good showing of foresight, though not so much for actually capitalizing on the trap. And that is Vaas' main problem. He had Jason in his hands how many times? Four? Five? Possibly even more? And he tried to kill Jason all but one time: the very beginning of the game.

And not to take anything away from Vaas' very good trap at his own compound but Jason really did make the most rookie mistakes before every capture. Didn't Vaas even catch him twice by sitting in a corner and waiting for Jason to walk by after entering the room? Maybe the first time was someone else but the point remains that Jason did not even learn from his first capture to check his corners.

Very good point, but I would like to point out that he did shoot jason in the heart which should have killed him, but a small lighter stopped the bullet (which realistically would never actually work) and he did stab Jason before their final battle right in or around the heart which again should have been fatal but wasn't for some reason... Realistically Jason should have died twice, I wouldn't blame his inability to capitalize as much as WIS....though he does seem to like to "play with his food" a bit...the thing with checking the corners was a good observation lol I really don't see Rorshach falling for the same things Jason did but at the same time I think Vaas is a crafty guy and he might be able to get the jump on Rorshach.

#15 Edited by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

I can't imagine Vaas with morals on.

LOL!

You know what... That guy totally lost through CIS!!!

He could have easily killed Jason like.... 4-5 times throughout the game, but always let's him go or messes up with the killing technique.

That being said: Rorshach wins with ease. He's stronger, more durable, faster, more skilled at killing and on top of that, despite Vaas' prep or chance to kill Rorshach, CIS will come through and Vaas looses by the fault!

#16 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I don't think it was CIS as much as it was WIS... He shot Jason right in the heart which again...should have killed him...there is no way a small lighter is going to stop a bullet realistically at point blank range the bullet would have gone right through the lighter not to mention the force would have more than likely forced fragments of the lighter into Jason's chest. And the stab to (or around the heart) should have killed Jason. These are two instances where Jason should have died in all realism but did not due to PIS/WIS...If Vaas were to do either of these things (not that he would) to Rorshach he would be dead nearly instantly.

#17 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@theweltman said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I don't think it was CIS as much as it was WIS... He shot Jason right in the heart which again...should have killed him...there is no way a small lighter is going to stop a bullet realistically at point blank range the bullet would have gone right through the lighter not to mention the force would have more than likely forced fragments of the lighter into Jason's chest. And the stab to (or around the heart) should have killed Jason. These are two instances where Jason should have died in all realism but did not due to PIS/WIS...If Vaas were to do either of these things (not that he would) to Rorshach he would be dead nearly instantly.

About the Bullet vs the Lighter...

Was the bullet a 9mm hollow point round? Do you remember the gun he was using, because if I remember correctly, it looked like a standard 9mm pistol. Most 9mm can't even pierce through a an aluminum car door.

#18 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@theweltman said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I don't think it was CIS as much as it was WIS... He shot Jason right in the heart which again...should have killed him...there is no way a small lighter is going to stop a bullet realistically at point blank range the bullet would have gone right through the lighter not to mention the force would have more than likely forced fragments of the lighter into Jason's chest. And the stab to (or around the heart) should have killed Jason. These are two instances where Jason should have died in all realism but did not due to PIS/WIS...If Vaas were to do either of these things (not that he would) to Rorshach he would be dead nearly instantly.

About the Bullet vs the Lighter...

Was the bullet a 9mm hollow point round? Do you remember the gun he was using, because if I remember correctly, it looked like a standard 9mm pistol. Most 9mm can't even pierce through a an aluminum car door.

it was a 9mm I believe but it was a near point blank range...there is no conceivable way it could stop the bullet at such short range...they tested it on mythbusters I believe with a .22 which is much smaller...the whole thing about bibles, flasks, and lighters stopping bullets is really just hollywood nonsense, unless it's from a considerable distance.

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode16

It shows the results of a lighter being shot here.

#19 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@theweltman said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@theweltman said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I don't think it was CIS as much as it was WIS... He shot Jason right in the heart which again...should have killed him...there is no way a small lighter is going to stop a bullet realistically at point blank range the bullet would have gone right through the lighter not to mention the force would have more than likely forced fragments of the lighter into Jason's chest. And the stab to (or around the heart) should have killed Jason. These are two instances where Jason should have died in all realism but did not due to PIS/WIS...If Vaas were to do either of these things (not that he would) to Rorshach he would be dead nearly instantly.

About the Bullet vs the Lighter...

Was the bullet a 9mm hollow point round? Do you remember the gun he was using, because if I remember correctly, it looked like a standard 9mm pistol. Most 9mm can't even pierce through a an aluminum car door.

it was a 9mm I believe but it was a near point blank range...there is no conceivable way it could stop the bullet at such short range...they tested it on mythbusters I believe with a .22 which is much smaller...the whole thing about bibles, flasks, and lighters stopping bullets is really just hollywood nonsense, unless it's from a considerable distance.

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode16

It shows the results of a lighter being shot here.

That's nice. I will watch it in a few moments later, but most Lighters (Flip top) are usually made of Stainless Steel.

#20 Posted by theweltman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: It won't matter if it's stainless steel at point blank range. there is way too much kinetic energy behind the bullet for it to logically be stopped by a small lighter stainless steel or otherwise. but this is rather off topic at this point lol, my point is simply that Jason should have died twice, he was also stabbed right in (or around the heart) and continued to fight and kill Vaas...realistically he should have fallen over and bled out in seconds....I am just stating that Vaas' competance isn't in question nearly as much as the writer behind the game's story and the lapse of logic therein... Again I feel that he only failed due to pis/wis and that if either of these attacks were landed on Rorshach he would be dead.