#1 Edited by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle take in a Mortal Kombat arena

Bloodlust

Standard gear

Random encounter

Win by KO

Who wins

Ok This Uranus from The Bloody roar game franchise in case you are not for familiar with the character.

URANUS

VS

GORO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPij01kx8Lo&feature=colike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN3ScX1RBZQ

#2 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

All the characters form Bloody Roar are ridiculous (I love that series), but story-wise I don't thing they have done anything of note. In the end I think I'd side with Goro's strength and experience over Uranus's speed and maneuverability.

In her beast mode, her horns could pose a problem, but I guess that is what Goro's other set of arms are for.

#3 Edited by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Did you forget that she can teleportation and make a copy of herself?

#4 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

GORO

#6 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2525 posts) - - Show Bio
Goro has fought teleporters as well as in 1v2+ situations on many occasions, Uranus is quick but doesn't bring something that Goro hasn't seen or dealt with before. I definitely won't be a stomp, but Goro would win in my opinion.
#7 Edited by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Okay. can you please use you reply button? Can Goro handle lightning attacks?

#8 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Uranus gets pounded to death by Goro.

#9 Edited by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9944 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012:

I'm gonna go with the first one. The girl. Johnny Cage beat Goro so I don't see how she couldn't =]

#10 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce: True

#11 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty: Why you think that

#12 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@onilordasmodeus: Okay. can you please use you reply button? Can Goro handle lightning attacks?

Goro has enhanced durability, and is a step below bullet proof
and extremely skilled having been undefeated in 1v1 combat for 5 centuries

How strong is Uranus?

What is the extent of her combat experience?

Who has she beaten of note?

In Human form she is much less of a threat to Goro strength wise, but in beast mode I'd give her the benefit of the doubt that she could at least give him pause. Speed wise Uranus has him, but in her beast mode she is much slower and I think Goro would have the advantage. Her rage mode could be useful as I think it gives her her beast strength with her "human" speed. But that only lasts a limited time and there is still the issue of Goro's skill and experience.

Experience wise Goro blows her out of the water. I think Uranus fights on instinct as I don't think she has any training to speak of, she is an experiment after all. Goro has been fighting for close to 2000 years, and at least 500 of them he he spent undefeated. Uranus looks strong and is pretty cool character, but the character hasn't done anything that would says she could win this fight.

#13 Edited by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Uranus is the second strongest character in Bloody Roar. You count her speed but you do not count her strength. Uranus beast mode is not slow at all. So there is no advantage there. And Goro taking Raiden lighting attack is nothing more than PIS. And he was hurt by it, it not like he shrug it off. Are you saying Goro can take a god? Because he fears Shoa Khan who is a demigod and Raiden is a full god. That like saying Raiden is no god at all in Mortal Kombat. And he was beaten by johnny cage which said a lot about his 5 centuries skills. Goro is nothing more than a brute. He all brawn and no brains. Goro was also hurt by Kung Lao and killed by Noob Saibot. Those five centuries of skills is outdated. What issue is that comic and the name of the title? Never mind someone told me the issue. The only reason why he was that strong is because of the Tao Te Zhan power. That why he was confident that he could take on Raiden. Then later he had it strip from him by Raiden and Shang Tsung's. So it is not his real power.

#14 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#15 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2525 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012:

I'm not discounting Uranus's strength, I'm just saying I don't put her strength above Goro's. And her overall speed in beast mode (I think) is slower than Goro's regular speed. Goro has shown that he can keep up with quick fighters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and even Raiden to a degree, in close combat.

Goro is by no means immune to lightning, but lightning is nothing new that he hasn't experienced. That was all I was saying. Goro is one of the more durable fighters in MK and has shown that multiple times.

And Goro "fears" know one EXCEPT Shao Kahn. Even Raiden "fears" Shao Kahn's strength. The correct question isn't do I think Goro can beat Full God Raiden (which is no), it is does Goro think he can, and that answer is yes. Goro is a confident and sometimes arrogant fighter, but he earned that right by being undefeated for 500 years.

Out dated skills? I believe the only characters to have beaten Goro canonically are Liu, Kung, Noob, and Taven. That is a short list when concidering close to 70 characters. Now that is not to say those are the only ones he looses to, but not everyone is on Goro's level.

Again, Goro is by no means invincible and can, and has, been hurt/defeated on a few occasions, but the fighters you pointed out that beat/hurt him are really the cream of the crop.

KL isn't on Liu's level, but he is close and it was said that he has surpassed his ancestor the Great Kung Lao. Noob is the original Subzero who defeated Fujin, as well as 3 other elemental gods, and Quan Chi in 1v1 combat. Both of those characters are in the upper echelon of fighters in terms of skill, tactics, and ability.

A brute? Yes, Goro is a Brute, but he is also much more than that. Goro realise a lot on strength to over whelm his opponents, but he also has a lot of skill and experience, he is an experienced tactician and diplomat, and is in his own way (the Shokan way) an honorable warrior. Goro is not stupid by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: I'll get back to you on the comic details. Or you can go to www.Kamidogu.com and check them out yourself.
#16 Posted by Hyperlight (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

havent played bloody roar in so long....

#17 Edited by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Okay I see what you are saying. No need to check out the comic because I already did it and had someone who knew it in the group we are in. It was an what if story. How Goro does fear a demigod over a god. That does not make sense on Goro part. So scratch that part about being the second strongest character because I forgot she was the third experiment. It said so on her shoulder. Uriko is the strongest character (Bloody Roar 1) and the second one has not been revealed. My mistake on that part,but it is fix.

@Hyperlight: I know right.

#18 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

#20 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

#21 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012 said:

@onilordasmodeus: Okay I see what you are saying. No need to check out the comic because I already did it and had someone who knew it in the group we are in. It was an what if story. How Goro does fear a demigod over a god. That does not make sense on Goro part. So scratch that part about being the second strongest character because I forgot she was the third experiment. It said so on her shoulder. Uriko is the strongest character (Bloody Roar 1) and the second one has not been revealed. My mistake on that part,but it is fix.

@Hyperlight: I know right.

That comic of Goro getting blasted by Raiden is Non canon!!
#22 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55: We know that already. Because that was when Goro was amped by something. It already explain in the first page.

#23 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict Goro would have complete dominance over Uranus. I don't think Uranus ever stood a chance, friend. They'd be sewing Uranus back together.

#24 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012 said:

@pea55: We know that already. Because that was when Goro was amped by something. It already explain in the first page.

Oh, my bad. I read the 1st page, but I didn't see it stated anywhere. Maybe I over looked it.
#25 Edited by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55: Yes you overlooked because it is stated at bottom of this comment I made to him. Check it out

@onilordasmodeus: Uranus is the second strongest character in Bloody Roar. You count her speed but you do not count her strength. Uranus beast mode is not slow at all. So there is no advantage there. And Goro taking Raiden lighting attack is nothing more than PIS. And he was hurt by it, it not like he shrug it off. Are you saying Goro can take a god? Because he fears Shoa Khan who is a demigod and Raiden is a full god. That like saying Raiden is no god at all in Mortal Kombat. And he was beaten by johnny cage which said a lot about his 5 centuries skills. Goro is nothing more than a brute. He all brawn and no brains. Goro was also hurt by Kung Lao and killed by Noob Saibot. Those five centuries of skills is outdated. What issue is that comic and the name of the title? Never mind someone told me the issue. The only reason why he was that strong is because of the Tao Te Zhan power. That why he was confident that he could take on Raiden. Then later he had it strip from him by Raiden and Shang Tsung's. So it is not his real power.

Check out this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/mecha-duce-battle/744606/

#26 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I mean the whole Malibu MK series is non canon. Any MK comic made by Malibu doesn't count in a canon fight.  

Okay sweet, I'll make sure I check it out!!

#27 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fortified_Hooligan said:

I predict Goro would have complete dominance over Uranus. I don't think Uranus ever stood a chance, friend. They'd be sewing Uranus back together.

This.

Uranus is not anywhere as far and skilled as Goro is. Goro is to big, to durable and to strong.

Goro 9/10