Unworthy Thor Runs A Gauntlet

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

@foolsgold: Copy that. It seems mid tier bricks seem to be written more inconsistently writer to writer than higher tier ones do.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By FoolsGold

@foolsgold: Copy that. It seems mid tier bricks seem to be written more inconsistently writer to writer than higher tier ones do.

Yea.... She Hulk also beat down Iron Man, who is a Hundred Tonner and Punched Doc Samson across a state in recent times IIRC.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@foolsgold said:

The Ax has also cut Galactus :P

I'm assuming you're talking about this scan right mate?

No Caption Provided

And I guess the fact that makes this feat even better is that it wasn't wielded by Thor when this happened? That adds a new wrinkle to the final fight of this gauntlet, I admit. Still, Hulk does have the chance to overpower Thor physically before that happens. Thor only has one chance of winning without Mjolnir, Hulk has many.

Oh nice. I completely forgot about this instance. I guess this proves that a clean swing from the Axe will not be shrugged off by Hulk. However, Hulk still has some notable advantages on his side such as speed, healing, and striking. Overall, I see it going either way in the final round.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3, 6 or 9

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By thedailybagel

@lvenger: I believe thors axe was specifically enchanted to cut through celestial armour, it's sharp as hell but being tagged by it won't be a kill shot as many people think. Thor has to get a direct swing on hulks head to take him out, judging by how fast hulk has been recently and the potential he has to disarm thor relatively quickly I don't see thor landing that kill shot for a majority.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I believe thors axe was specifically enchanted to cut through celestial armour,

How come it cut through Galactus then?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: because it's sharp as hell, I already mentioned that. Just being tagged by it however won't be a kill shot as many people seem to think.

Besides, mjolnir has done more damage to galactus than that, knocking his head back isn't anything special.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By FoolsGold

@thedailybagel: As People noted, Thor's grand daughter's are likely well below Thor in strength.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Spiderman1997

@granitesoldier: @thor_parker82: This one's for you bros. let's get started with:

SUPER-SPEED

Now folks, this isn't something yo would see everyday folks. But your eyes don't deceive you thsis is Thor himself blitzing somebody at lightning speed.

Thor has sum skillz

This blitzing, I like it. ANOTHER!

Looks like there are things even Heimdall can^t see

Quicksiver(already in motion)? Is that a new name of turtle ?
Quicksiver(already in motion)? Is that a new name of turtle ?

This is what happens if you spend too much time on battle forums.

I think I have shown enough to prove that micro-second feat isn'^t just a one off and also keep in mind Zefra is a speedster created using Thor's DNA

No Caption Provided

Thor blocking the laser after it's fired.

And now...

WEATHER MANIPULATION WITHOUT HAMMER

''The weather be to him as your arms to you. Yet his arms reach to the sky itself.''

Hope you enjoyed it. sorry if I bothered you.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW I too think the final round could go ether way.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Namor_Curry
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@spiderman1997: Thor is vastly underestimated here, I appreciate the work put into bringing these scans together. I thought it was common knowledge that weather manipulation came from Thor himself and Mjolnir was simply an instrument he could channel it through? Regardless, here are two more micro-second reaction feats Thor has. (Blocks the Wrecker's attack micro-seconds before it impacts his helmet/can swing at bullets as they are shot at him).

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@spiderman1997: Hulk has better, and more recent, speed feats. The problem that people neglect sometimes with Marvel is that they never rebooted but characters do evolve, change, and then not every older feat is viable. For example Punisher shooting Spidey, which happened how long ago? When you factor in more recent feats of Peter it isn't really viable.

Granted I think Thor can clear up to Hulk now, but I still don't see him beating Hulk if he fights as he typically does against Hulk which is to brawl.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namor_curry: Thanks man. Somemone asked me for the weather manipulation scabs so I posted it BTW big thanks to @lvenger: for them.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Spiderman1997

@granitesoldier: I don't know. That's why I think the final fight is a coin toss but Thor may also try and finish the job quick if he gets fruatrated like he did to Ulik or even to Hulk himself at one point. And I have never really seen Thor getting blitzed by above street level characters. Well, tgere was Angela but there was a context to it. That's why I think we never really see people like Glads or Hyperion blitzing him and fights like the Wolverine fight justsemms straight up jobbing.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: Hulk's speed upgrade is recent. Out running explosions, catching planes that appear behind people, moving faster than Iron Man's sensors can track...Hulk has some serious speed behind all that power. Thor hasn't squared off against Hulk recently, so that doesn't mean we should assume it can't happen. Hyperion couldn't blitz Hulk either in their recent exchange, and Hulk's blows seemed to be doing some pretty good damage.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: Hulk's speed upgrade is recent. Out running explosions, catching planes that appear behind people, moving faster than Iron Man's sensors can track...Hulk has some serious speed behind all that power. Thor hasn't squared off against Hulk recently, so that doesn't mean we should assume it can't happen. Hyperion couldn't blitz Hulk either in their recent exchange, and Hulk's blows seemed to be doing some pretty good damage.

When did he do that?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@granitesoldier said:

When did he do that?

Indestructible 2 if memory serves.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#169  Edited By Lvenger

@unbreakable_fs4: I feel similarly, I've swung back to Hulk's side now though based on GR's posts

@lvenger: I believe thors axe was specifically enchanted to cut through celestial armour, it's sharp as hell but being tagged by it won't be a kill shot as many people think. Thor has to get a direct swing on hulks head to take him out, judging by how fast hulk has been recently and the potential he has to disarm thor relatively quickly I don't see thor landing that kill shot for a majority.

Correct, it was specifically enchanted to cut through Celestial armour. However, cutting through Galactus when wielded by one of his granddaughters, who's almost assuredly physically inferior Asgardian compared to her grandfather, shows how sharp it is. And the problem is that just as Thor regularly chooses to brawl with Hulk, so too does Hulk choose to brawl with Thor. He's never used his recent string of speedblitzes against Thor at all so this is the same argument that Hulk supporters use to argue that Thor won't use his hammer's full potential due to how he fights. Things do fall on Hulk's side for a majority currently though.

I don't know. That's why I think the final fight is a coin toss but Thor may also try and finish the job quick if he gets fruatrated like he did to Ulik or even to Hulk himself at one point. And I have never really seen Thor getting blitzed by above street level characters. Well, tgere was Angela but there was a context to it. That's why I think we never really see people like Glads or Hyperion blitzing him and fights like the Wolverine fight justsemms straight up jobbing.

Eh I've cited 6-7 instances of Thor getting blitzed by street level foes on a consistent basis before. He's been shown up by loads of street levellers many times before. If Hulk were to use his speed on Thor, he'd be able to outpace and outpunch Thor with his superior speed. It's far from jobbing, it's consistent with Thor's showings of combat speed and reflexes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By jashro44

@granitesoldier: He didn't move faster than iron mans sensors. Tony was dealing with the fracker, and hulk tackled iron man out of the way before it blew up.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@granitesoldier: He didn't move faster than iron mans sensors. Tony was dealing with the fracker, and hulk tackled iron man out of the way before it blew up.

And he didn't know what saved him till they were on the next mountain. It's not "explicit" like people prefer, but he was definitely moving fast. Especially if you consider the rate of decay for an explosion.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't think thor has fought hulk since before paks run, unless you count Nul. hulk was blitzing constantly when he was in frost giant land (I'm not even going to attempt spelling it) with thor.

If they had an exchange nowadays, the main difference is that thor never uses mjolnir versatility on hulk, that's been proven. Hulk however has only in recent years started to use his speed, hence why he hasn't blitzed thor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: I don't recall any indication iron man didn't know hulk saved him.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By jashro44
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: I don't think thor has fought hulk since before paks run, unless you count Nul. hulk was blitzing constantly when he was in frost giant land (I'm not even going to attempt spelling it) with thor.

If they had an exchange nowadays, the main difference is that thor never uses mjolnir versatility on hulk, that's been proven. Hulk however has only in recent years started to use his speed, hence why he hasn't blitzed thor.

Did he blitz when fighting Hyperion? When fighting the Chronarchists? When fighting that Abomination clone? When fighting A Bomb? When fighting Skaar? See my point? Just because he was blitzing whilst fighting alongside Thor doesn't equate to blitzing Thor consistently in battle. In an in character battle that is.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Spiderman1997

@lvenger: Agreed. What are those 6-7 instances though ? I only know Woverine, the one with with Cap's son and probably Cap hself duting Jugen's run though Thor was severely weakened.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do anybody know the issue when he was defeated by Invisible Woman? I could see him stopping at Sue but that might be pushing it.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: Hulk has better, and more recent, speed feats. The problem that people neglect sometimes with Marvel is that they never rebooted but characters do evolve, change, and then not every older feat is viable. For example Punisher shooting Spidey, which happened how long ago? When you factor in more recent feats of Peter it isn't really viable.

Granted I think Thor can clear up to Hulk now, but I still don't see him beating Hulk if he fights as he typically does against Hulk which is to brawl.

Punisher has shot Peter with a Shotgun quite recently though. I don't really have too much of a problem with Frank tagging Peter as he's proven himself to be an exceptional marksman.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@laflux said:

Oh and I'd say he clears.

Even beating New-52 Aquaman? Who should be FAR higher than what he is ranked at.

Thor fries him with lightning. Oh he clears.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: Are you talking about that silly moment where Punisher shoots Peter point blank? Guys dodges mach 2+ sniper rounds and that is acceptable? If that's the instance I see it as plot moment.

Lethologica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not trying to debate or anything, but what the hell is going on here? Did everyone lose the ability to dodge? In terms of combat and reaction speed Thor is one of the slowest characters in comics. I mean seriously. I understand that he has an axe capable of taking out celestials, but so what? It's calling dodging or simply knocking the axe out his hand. Saying he can one-shot everyone with the axe isn't really a sufficient argument. I could make the same arguments for characters like Aquaman, Katana, Nemesis, etc. The all have weapons the could essentially one-shot a lot of the characters they face off against. However, they still need to tag there opponents and the same goes for Thor. I'm just saying.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not trying to debate or anything, but what the hell is going on here? Did everyone lose the ability to dodge? In terms of combat and reaction speed Thor is one of the slowest characters in comics. I mean seriously. I understand that he has an axe capable of taking out celestials, but so what? It's calling dodging or simply knocking the axe out his hand. Saying he can one-shot everyone with the axe isn't really a sufficient argument. I could make the same arguments for characters like Aquaman, Katana, Nemesis, etc. The all have weapons the could essentially one-shot a lot of the characters they face off against. However, they still need to tag there opponents and the same goes for Thor. I'm just saying.

You're forgetting one thing, not everyone is saying he clears because of his axe, this is morals off Thor, he could just spam lightening, which would at the very least stun everybody in this gauntlet and at the most KO/Kill, and there is NOBODY in this gauntlet who is fast enough to dodge a lightening spam attack,if thats what Thor choose to do.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: Are you talking about that silly moment where Punisher shoots Peter point blank? Guys dodges mach 2+ sniper rounds and that is acceptable? If that's the instance I see it as plot moment.

Eh, he's shot Peter's webshooter off, he's shot Peter with dummy rounds before. He's shot Peter on at least three ocassions. I don't think Every scenario Peter has with Castle ends that way far from it, however, espicially with morals- I don't see it as unfeasible that frank can tag Peter.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lethologica: someone had to say it.

He's point isn't valid.

Thor can clear this via lightening spamming, or lightening stun/Axe throw combo.He has extremely good aim with the axe.

Lethologica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophisticated_ignorance:

I never mentioned Thor's lightning. I mentioned how people were trying using the argument that Thor can one-shot everyone with his axe as a valid argument. So yes. My point is fully valid.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Nolan Batman. He dodged an AK47 in a dim narrow tunnel.

Well. That settles that.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: Feasible? Certainly. Likely? Not as much. Like Peter struggling with peak humans, I consider it not as plot based, since Frank is quite the exceptional marksman, but I feel like there is an element of writer influence.

But, no one's perfect and that's what makes the stories go round.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Wolverine and X-23 are so far up the list because of the endless jokes about how Thor is so slow, and can be tagged by Wolverine. (which he can) and without flight, it is much easier for him to be tagged.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: Feasible? Certainly. Likely? Not as much. Like Peter struggling with peak humans, I consider it not as plot based, since Frank is quite the exceptional marksman, but I feel like there is an element of writer influence.

But, no one's perfect and that's what makes the stories go round.

Fair enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Nolan Batman. He dodged an AK47 in a dim narrow tunnel.

lol wut?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#194  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: If one of Thor's grand-daughters successfully tagged Galactus, a being far more powerful than herself then what is to say Thor will not land one hit on Hulk? That Galactus scan should solidify that it hurts higher-tier cosmics, not just Celestials.

I'm not sold on Hulk's speed being a legitimate factor in this fight, to be completely honest. It's not an argument I buy into in regards to someone like Hulk. All he does is bull-rush a few times which isn't impressive at all.

I find it hard to believe that Thor would not land one strike with his Axe on someone like Hulk, who has a knack of fighting Thor in a certain style.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#195 frozen  Moderator
FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: In fairness, Galactus is a pretty big target to hit lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By lantian1

Thor did swat aside an already fired Sniper rifle round not long ago in Inhuman 004

Casually letting it bounce off his hammer

His reactions are clearly way above human when he wants them to be

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronu: Celestials are still beyond everyone else in this gaunlet regardless.