UNSC vs Inner Sphere (Battletech)

Dessolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dessolution

War began when the Inner Sphere somehow instigated a war against UNSC. UNSC itself, since the war started, wants to claim all there planets for there own for various reasons, using the war as an excuse. Without glassing or using ships to bombard from space etc etc only on important planets to the UNSC.

This is post Halo, everything is back to normal and everything is rebuilt by the act of GOD (me)

The Covenant doesn't help.

This is pure war between Btech vs Halo. Both air, space and ground battle involved. However, worlds that are important to be captured, ground battles are fought with, instead. Especially since a lot of things have been retconned on Halo. This is basically thousands of worlds verse a small handful in comparison. But obviously the UNSC has are more advanced to make things fare.
We are talking about the Star League at there height. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2172d8ab871
deactivated-5f2172d8ab871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dessolution: Its really hard to say. On one hand the star league had thousands of jumpships and warships at the height of their power and were able to maintain order in innersphere that were over 2000 worlds. much larger than the unsc who only had 800 worlds. I believe both production rate is about the same as the star league can produce a lot of ships with the resources of the innersphere. On other hand the unsc is advanced in its own ways with advanced Ai's and the mac guns. Some may argue that the Ai's would hack the warships and tech of star league. But if I recall the star league technology do not have any form of wireless technology which would make hacking from distant impossible. Ground wise I do believe that MechWarrior has a major advantage over the Unsc as they have the numbers and the mechs, infantry, armored vehicles, and Aerotech fighters are superior to what unsc has. Its when you get into space when starts to get more difficult due to mac guns and that portion of unsc has shields.

The star league could weaponize their ftl if that's the case, ftl of BattleTech able to create a 2km or larger bubble around the ship and its intended destination. If anything anythingis inside of that bubble, except the ship performing the jump, it will get mangled and destroyed shields or no shields. So see them fully weaponizing the ftl if that's the case. Not mention I have been told their HPG though communications satellite network be weaponize by spamming infinity amount of information into ships computer system if done correctly.

Personally while I do think the unsc has a technological edge in certain areas, I do believe star league would prevail. If the war should last decades like the covenant war the league could reverse engineer the unsc technology. During clan invasion the clan technology was far superior to what anything in innersphere had, it took them five years to create weapons, armor, and technology that would affect the clans own. I see something similar happening with league improving on certain technologies and weapons to better go up against the unsc given few short years. Plus the people from BattleTech tend to be crazy and pull of shit crazy maneuvers after listening to a friend go on about the stunts pulled. If they league can drag out the war for as long as possible and continue to pump out ships, weapons, and mechs at a regular pace im sure they would adapt and conquer the unsc. Unless unsc pulls off some dues ex mahcina move on them.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Innershpere should win mid diff

Nice to see BattleTech getting some love on CV

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: The Covenant was also winning mid-diff (other than Madter Chief ofc), do you think the Inner Sphere could defeat the Covenant at the height of their power? So like, right at the start of the Human Covenant war?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: I think they give covenant a good fight, it also depends how face they develop technology to take out the covenant. In BattleTech when clans first arrived, they were steam rolling the inner sphere with weapons the houses had not seem to affect the clans. It took them less than 5 years to develop technology that would able to go up against the clans. Not as good as the clans but still enough to fight them and even taking them on on their home terf and defeated clan smoked jaguar. So it really depends how fast they develop technology and weapons to go up against the covenant. The unsc took decades just trying make shield technology, I belive it take star league less time to do so. they already have energy weapons and covenant plasma weapons I see them either creating own plasma weapons or improving upon their own energy weapons. perhaps even improving their jump drives with access to alien tech.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: I know right? recently joined this site and wondered any good BattleTech vs. Surprised not more and unsc and star league should be about on par with one another. Both having advantages and disadvantages against one another

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AmethystGravity

Wow, BattleMechs from MechWarrior? I haven't seen a battle with these on Comic Vine, as far as I can recall.

Unfortunately, I barely remember much of MechAssault 1 or 2, though it does seem like Mechs would kind of be OP in ground engagements.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: in space the mac guns be rather pesky. Their ftl would be almost on par with one another. Takes somewhere between 3-7 days for BattleTech to charge ftl depending of star on system and how good the crew is. Also they could weaponize their ftl if memory serves. I talk to a guy on discord a lot when comes to this genre. ^^ He got me back into halo and star league with backing of innersphere and periphery states be interesting fight for the unsc. Both have pros and cons.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@commanderming1: That said, what kind of technology does the verse use for FTL Travel? Can you briefly describe the mechanics and speed of it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: While Im unsure of how exactly the ftl for halo works and how long they stay in ftl range of their ftl. I have been told when comes to the ftl that battltech uses has a range of 30 lightyears, though more if the have a spare battery on board. It usually takes around 3-7 days to charge a jump drive depending the stary system the are in and how well trained the crew operates. A field around 2km forms around the ship and at the point where they care going to jump.

If their is anything inside the field, exception of the ship jumping, it will get mangled and destroyed. I don't know the exact specifics as I know people who know great deal more about it. . Best I do is provide a link

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Kearny-Fuchida_Drive
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/K-F_Boom
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lithium-Fusion_Battery

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: yes, I do think IS could beat the covenant. An on ground engagement against a prime IS wouldn't suffer too many fatalities at all. In space,

Been AWHILE sense I've dove into the lore of BattleTech, but their houses, like House Steiner, would be a threat by themselves. The inner sphere, as a whole, has enough to outright overwhelm the covenant.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: @commanderming1: From the description given to me about FTL travel in BattleTech, they are at a crippling disadvantage in space. Not only would they have to overcome Covenant shield technology (Which consistently tanks loads in the Gigaton ranges and can *survive* Super Mac rounds, which are calculated at 2 Teratons), but the fact of the matter is that their FTL technology is just, primitive in comparison.

Kearny-Fuchida Drives (also known as K-F-drives) allow for subjectively instantaneous travel across almost 30 lightyears of space. But this comes with certain limitations:

• You can't jump within a gravity well
  • KF-drives are extremely expensive and difficult to build and maintain
  • KF-drives are massive and as such can only be fitted to vessels over a certain size
  • KF-drives are fragile, and cannot stand up to the gravity shifts of atmospheric reentry
  • KF-drives require massive amounts of energy, and have to be charged slowly to avoid an overload
  • While you can overload a KF-drive to extend its range, this generally means a one-way trip because it burns out the drive
  • Miss-jumps can strand you hundreds if not thousands of light years from home

From what I've been told, the Charge Time for a jump can be 3-7 Days depending on the Crew, and the Range is typically limited to 30 Lightyears, albiet in an Instantaneous Jump.

This is the main disadvantage and it is what is going to really screw them over in space. The Halo Universe uses what it calls Slipspace travel. You see, the UNSC is limited to a mere 2.625 Lightyears per Day using this form of travel, which while fast, is still actually Slower than even the slowest charge times rendered by KF Drives from Battletech (At 18.375 Lightyears in 7 Days, and a tiny 7.875 Lightyears in 3)

However, the Covenant makes the KF Drive look like a joke, reaching speeds of up to 912 light years per day. While the KF Drive allows for 30 Lightyears of Instantaneous Travel, and would beat the Covenant in a flat-out 30 LY Race, with a charge time of 3 days, this is rendered to 10 Lightyears per Day for BattleTech, by the best crews. The Covenant can cover 10 Lightyears in Roughly 26-30 Minutes, after Calculation is taken into account, and thats a Standard speed, no variation.

This problem is exacerbated when you realize that the Covenant is not bound by any Distance Limitation or noticeable Charge Time, and Covenant ships are also capable of making these jumps in atmosphere, unlike in BattleTech where a KF Drive typically would not survive Re-Entry.

Where this advantage becomes outright crippling, is when you realize that the Covenant typically Glasses planets without ever mountain a battle on the surface unless there is necessity, i.e: To secure Forerunner artifacts or to gather Intel, neither of which is going to be a large factor in this War. The Covenant will know after a few battles that they are outmatched on the Ground, but why fight on the ground at all? They have the Numbers (Thousands of Ships) to Overwhelm a planet, they can make quick sweeps and glass planets. It takes between a few hours, and at max 2 days to Glass a planet, depending on the size of the planet and the amount of ships dedicated, So by the time the Reinforcements arrive, the Covenant are already gone.

This is like when Israel took on 7 of its bordering neighbors and won within a few hours. The disparity in Space is too vast for the InnerSphere to handle all at once. Unless they stick to protecting, what essentially amounts to a handful of their vast amount of worlds, they will get spread thin and are doomed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: kind of figured against the covenant they have a much more difficult time. In my opinion if covenant showed them lives when innersphere and unsc are duking it out, I imagine an alliance be formed as both face a threat that wants to destroy them. I do realize the limitation of their ftl, hence why made my own vs excluding the covenant.

Also it takes a shipyard from innersphere 1 year to produce a ship along with the ftl that be built into it. At time multiple ships are being made at the same time at the same shipyard as some sort production line. I'm not into the specifics of hte universe, I just ache general knowledge. If I knew more I would tell you. But the unsc and innersphere most likely team up to deal with the covenant. Maybe exchange of certain technologies that could give them an edge they need. Only reason I know this is cause I met someone on discord server who knows a bit about this universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dessolution: be interesting have the second star league going against the unsc. Or give the star league the tech, weapons armor, and warships created during and after the can invasion.but that wouldn't be the original star league lol shame people don't do more battle vs here's on comicvine. Such an under appreciated series that to me is better than some other more action oriented sci-fi genres at times.