Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@serrure said:

@captain_batman_ftw said:

Post Crisis Hal Jordan is underrated. People make him out to be superman level at max, when in reality, he's Thor+ level character.

Post Crisis Hal is the only GL who poses a legitimate threat to the likes of Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock (both unamped)

What? No, Kyle Rayner is above Surfer, so is Hal by feats. I'm not up to debating this right now, though. I've gone through this situation with the Lanterns too many times.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Post Crisis Hal Jordan is underrated. People make him out to be superman level at max, when in reality, he's Thor+ level character.

You think thor is above superman? Or are we just talking about sheer power output and ignoring other stuff like speed?

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: As for who is more powerful, then this is what I think:

Hal Jordan >>> Thor >>>>>> Superman. Damage output, versatility and stuff like that, that's what I meant. Isn't Thor more powerful than Superman? He has more powerful attacks, he's more versatility and he has more blunt force damage output.

Sheer damage output and potential was what I was talking about.

Also, this is completely irrelevant, but I made my first post in our CaV.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal Jordan >>> Thor >>>>>> Superman. Damage output, versatility and stuff like that, that's what I meant. Isn't Thor more powerful than Superman? He has more powerful attacks, he's more versatility and he has more blunt force damage output.

Oh yea I think thor has more power and versatility than supes. I think supes would win a fight due to his speed though.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4105 thedailybagel  Moderator

@serrure: hasn't ross only beaten hulk three times? One because of luck and another because hulk threw the fight.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@captain_batman_ftw said:

Oh yea I think thor has more power and versatility than supes. I think supes would win a fight due to his speed though.

That's what I'm thinking.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@thedailybagel: hmm feels like more than that. but the main point i was getting at is that he is one of the few who can do through straight up Physicals

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4108 thedailybagel  Moderator

@serrure: I guess it depends on what mood hulks in and the incarnation. But I agree with you in the sense that he's a near equal to savage hulk.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: and thats what i was really getting at. I seriously hope they dont depower Ross here. Rulk has finally started to recover after the Loeb crap and im beginning to like him... allot

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed does not make you invincible.

Flash rarely runs as fast as people make him out to do.

DC characters rarely use the combat speed people associate with them.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4111  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@serrure: they won't imo. But I can see why he's underrated, certain writers have him job to people who wouldn't be able to even hurt him like wonderman.

I mean in world war hulk that guy was brought down by korg.

Avatar image for commanderandchief
CommanderandChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman isn't as amazing with prep as people want him to be.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: they won't imo. But I can see why he's underrated, certain writers have him job to people who wouldn't be able to even hurt him like wonderman.

hisshiss evil!

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I have a really strong feeling they will. The run isn't all that great and if they skip on actually depowering Hulks that matter then what was the point? I hate Ross so much i really wanna see him Hulk-less and possibly dead. Plz...

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why people just throws out the ''Superman speedblitzes'' argument out of the window when he basically does it all the time. They also thend to think that Superman's speedblitzes are weak simply because some people have been capable of tanking them. Guess what, they're wrong.

Another thing is that Superman can fight at lightspeed. He's done it multiple times, IIRC.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4117  Edited By Stormdriven

Not all fodder are created equal. I mean seriously, you really think some common street thugs are the same as secret agents or aliens?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

Speed does not make you invincible.

Flash rarely runs as fast as people make him out to do.

DC characters rarely use the combat speed people associate with them.

Speed is one of the most important attributes in a battle forum fight therefore it makes sense why speedsters do so well on the forums.

Most speedsters are subject to PIS in the comics, this isn't an opinion, it's a fact stated by the writers themselves.

If you actually look at most instances of Superman using superspeed it's almost always in the second act, he normally doesn't use it off the bat purely to build suspense, even when lives are at risk.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: But it's not an auto-win to be faster than an opponent, especially if that opponent is fully capable of reacting to such speeds. You don't need to be that fast yourself. Most street-levelers like Deathstroke, Batman, Captain America, and other Martial Artist types are prime examples of this.

Now if you were so fast that the person could not react, that's one thing, but speed in itself does not mean an automatic win, especially if you can't hurt your opponent, or one strike on you will bring you down much more easily. I personally vote for someone who can take whatever attack and dish out far more than an opponent, so long as they would actually be capable of tagging their opponent.

And to be honest, I'd never seen Superman use such insane speed in combat scenarios, in fact I don't think I've ever seen it, he's dodged fast attacks, but when have we ever seen him match someone like Zoom, or someone confirmed to attack at MFTL speeds? I have never actually seen someone bring up a viable scan to defend that argument. I mean if you could show me one that'd be great, but I'm tired of the claims with no evidence to back it up. The only example I hear of is Flash, and Flash goes far too easy on his opponents to be a viable example and as I said in my original comment, the speeds he can run, he rarely does.

And even if it's PIS, a superhero's morals and such do effect a fight, and many heroes like Superman or Flash do not go full speed because of those morals

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest peeves are:

1. Everyone underrating the She-Hulk when she fights another female or male character in her strength level

2. People saying Kyle Rayner(pre 52) was stronger than Hal, Guy, and Jon at the time.

3. When people claim Superman can one shot Hulk....we all know it's not true

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hit-Girl could kill Damian Wayne if she wanted to.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is as fast as Cassandra Cain, in my opinion. I've heard a lot of good from him and I've seen a lot of good from him.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil, Moon Knight, Green Arrow, and the Punisher are very underrated.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count Dooku is more skilled than Mace Windu.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: But it's not an auto-win to be faster than an opponent, especially if that opponent is fully capable of reacting to such speeds. You don't need to be that fast yourself. Most street-levelers like Deathstroke, Batman, Captain America, and other Martial Artist types are prime examples of this.

Now if you were so fast that the person could not react, that's one thing, but speed in itself does not mean an automatic win, especially if you can't hurt your opponent, or one strike on you will bring you down much more easily. I personally vote for someone who can take whatever attack and dish out far more than an opponent, so long as they would actually be capable of tagging their opponent.

And to be honest, I'd never seen Superman use such insane speed in combat scenarios, in fact I don't think I've ever seen it, he's dodged fast attacks, but when have we ever seen him match someone like Zoom, or someone confirmed to attack at MFTL speeds? I have never actually seen someone bring up a viable scan to defend that argument. I mean if you could show me one that'd be great, but I'm tired of the claims with no evidence to back it up. The only example I hear of is Flash, and Flash goes far too easy on his opponents to be a viable example and as I said in my original comment, the speeds he can run, he rarely does.

And even if it's PIS, a superhero's morals and such do effect a fight, and many heroes like Superman or Flash do not go full speed because of those morals

superman has punched one of the reverse flashes before. characters like superman and the flash don't always go all out because their battles will be 2 panels.

Avatar image for vampiremaster952
VampireMaster952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I think goku beats superman (it seems like that is the unpopular choice for me...)

2. Itachi (naruto ) CAN NOT beat anything just because he uses sharingan and that stupid blade he has.

3.Batman isn't invincible with prep and can not beat anyone just cause someone says batman. It just makes the person look stupid

4. Superman is beatable. I feel like every time supes is brought up, everyone starts throwing stuff because I said someone can beat supes, like surfer,goku,Thor. And most of the time I'm just saying my opinion and how I think it would go down but heaven forbid I have a opinion.

5.I will admit. There are things that can beat goku. As much I love dbz goku can't beat everyone, yes I think he can beat supes but there are others above him that can beat goku.

6. Just because naruto got a big power boost doesn't mean he can blow up a continent or country.

These are mostly opinion though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is unpopular?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@highaccuser said:

This is unpopular?

The general consensus is that they're equal.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lara Croft is a beast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that by going strictly by feats, not interpreting them and taking them as a strict statement, comicvine users often make their own version of the character that is very different from the one portrayed in the comic. *cough* Wally West *cough*

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: Characters in battles on Comic Vine are not limited by plot, so Wally wouldn't have to job to other characters. And considering Wally is the second fastest character in all of fiction, that really frees up what he can do.

Avatar image for deactivated-625127ebf2404
deactivated-625127ebf2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman is very underrated

Hulk and especially WWH is vey overrated

Ben 10 is underrated

Martian Manhunter sometimes is overrated for is telepathy and other times is underrated

Superman is overrated

Batman is overrated

Green Lantern is overrated

And Silver Surfer is overrated people think that he can beat Superman easy

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sinister Six when at their best is a very powerful team and with prep can give a morals on superman level characters some trouble.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Flash >>>>>> DOFP Quicksilver. Being so fast that you can perceive lightning in slow motion is way better than perceiving bullets in slow motion. At least in my book.

Avatar image for dancing_in_your_tears
dancing_in_your_tears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku beats Superman.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised this thread is popular, because literally the only reason it was made was to give green_skaar an excuse to say Hulk beats Superman....

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Flash >>>>>> DOFP Quicksilver. Being so fast that you can perceive lightning in slow motion is way better than perceiving bullets in slow motion. At least in my book.

While that is true, it wasn't like QS was struggling in the least bit to beat the bullets, he did it effortlessly. So little effort that he was standing still whilst everything was still moving in slow motion. There is no way to quantify how fast he was moving, also giving into account he wasn't even moving his fastest.

Good ol CW always finds a way to make Fash look awesome, then belittle him a second later. The lighting feat was great. Then what happens 10 mins later? The police chief was able to react to lighting also, pushing Joe out of the way AFTER the lighting bolt was on its way.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver vs Zatanna

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: He doesnt have reality warping powers, his only feat is getting last hit on Solaris.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@realitywarper said:

@precrisisbardock said:

@green_skaar: SSJ2 Goku would stomp Superman Prime

Agreed.

Superman Prime is a god out of reach of even SSJG. He has actual, shown, godly powers, while SSJG gets beaten effortlessly by a god, only showing that he can tank a blast meant to destroy earth to the solar system (we can't know for sure). Superman Prime has reality warping powers and has stored 15,000 years of solar energy with in him. There's no way.

LOL NOPE ! ^^

Moreover I think that he speaking about Superboy Prime with the Oa energies.

But that makes no differences. SSJ2 Goku stomps both finger in the nose.

And Superman Prime One Million hasn't half the powers the fans that didn't read the comic book pretend he has.

A famous Viner explain it very well in that thread :

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/a-closer-look-at-superman-prime-one-million-comple-1642666/

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Thor would kick Man of steel ass.

No Caption Provided

Nolan's Batman is actually a good fighter.

Federation from Star Trek would actually Empire from Star Wars

Loading Video...

Yes, now you can hate me... ;)

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku... Stomps Superman-

Runs indoors, locks all doors and windows, locks himself in a closet

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hell-Lords>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heralds.

People who say that all Hell-Lords are Herald Level need to read more comics.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: Goku doesn't stand a chance against Superboy Prime. Unless you can actually post irrefutable proof, but I doubt that will happen considering that he doesn even have the feats.