Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@deathbyants: No, he wouldn't lol. MMH is superior in pretty much every category that matters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: So exactly how will MMH prevent himself from being dissembled on a molecular level? Its going to be pretty hard considering his opponent can't die.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@deathbyants: Jonn has a pretty high end molecular manipulation over his body, it's so high he can actually attack people on a molecular level by shapeshifting. I don't think Molecular Manipulation would be that effective on him besides flat out transmutation.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@justicethorpsylocke said:

15. Namor crushes aquaman

Not even close.

Aquaman's telepathic prowess is far superior to Namor and any match between the two prior to Flashpoint is easy as cake for Arthur. Aquaman's speed is extremely underrated prior to Flashpoint as well. He can and has lightening timed on land.

New 52 Aquaman vs Namor is the only thing that's debatable. However, Namor is currently being written like a chump and Aquaman is being written as physically powerful as he ever has been.

Namor's flight is no advantage. Namor has no ranged attacks and if he wants to hit Aquaman he has to engage him in melee. Aquaman also carries his Trident as standard gear and Namor does not. The feats the Trident have are more than enough to say Aquaman could 1 shot Namor.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not even close.

Aquaman's telepathic prowess is far superior to Namor and any match between the two prior to Flashpoint is easy as cake for Arthur. Aquaman's speed is extremely underrated prior to Flashpoint as well. He can and has lightening timed on land.

New 52 Aquaman vs Namor is the only thing that's debatable. However, Namor is currently being written like a chump and Aquaman is being written as physically powerful as he ever has been.

Namor's flight is no advantage. Namor has no ranged attacks and if he wants to hit Aquaman he has to engage him in melee. Aquaman also carries his Trident as standard gear and Namor does not. The feats the Trident have are more than enough to say Aquaman could 1 shot Namor.

Telepathic powers that don't matter in this fight. I agree he's fast, but not too fast for Namor.

Namor is stronger than most give him credit for. I think using all feats, they are about even in physical brawn. New 52? Aquaman was cut by a bullet. A bullet. And yes, I've read the first 3 volumes of New 52 Aquaman, and I can say he isn't really on Namor's level. Yes, he punched superman. It's not like he beat him. And in volume 2, he was getting the fight of his life from Black Manta, a street leveler. I understand it's always been that way, but how can you look at Namor, who can consistently go even with the Hulk, then tell me he is one shotted by a guy who can barely handle a street leveler.

The trident is a huge advantage, yes. I might have been using hyperbole when I said he crushes Aquaman, but I think he'd lose to Namor. IMO

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Not even close.

Telepathic powers that don't matter in this fight. I agree he's fast, but not too fast for Namor.

Namor is stronger than most give him credit for. I think using all feats, they are about even in physical brawn. New 52? Aquaman was cut by a bullet. A bullet. And yes, I've read the first 3 volumes of New 52 Aquaman, and I can say he isn't really on Namor's level. Yes, he punched superman. It's not like he beat him. And in volume 2, he was getting the fight of his life from Black Manta, a street leveler. I understand it's always been that way, but how can you look at Namor, who can consistently go even with the Hulk, then tell me he is one shotted by a guy who can barely handle a street leveler.

The trident is a huge advantage, yes. I might have been using hyperbole when I said he crushes Aquaman, but I think he'd lose to Namor. IMO

Doesn't matter? Since when?

Oh please. He got nicked above the eyebrow where your skin is weakest. And that is by far his lowest showing. Are you going to up and ignore the fact that he tanked a continent busting attack without issue? Or the fact that he's healed far worse injuries in moments? He also took 0 damage from a torpedo, not so much as a nick.

He's twice over skirmished with WW, fought Swamp Thing, beat down DC's Hercules, shattered Graves' armor who laughed off the JL, tore a hole in Darkseid's chest and more.

Namor going "toe to toe" with Hulk doesn't mean anything. Namor has never beaten Hulk and Hulk has one shotted him. So has Thor. Namor isn't on their level.

If you're going to pigeon hole one showing, then I can see why you make such a terrible statement. Perhaps if all I wanted to do was look at Namor losing to Thing underwater, I'd thing nothing of him too.

And Namor just got his ass whopped by Black Panther. A street leveler. Your logic contradicts yourself.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@justicethorpsylocke: Namor can't consistently fight even with Hulk, in fact, the only time when Namor fought Hulk evenly was in Tales to Astonish issues, besides that Hulk has always been stronger, let alone in modern days when Namor can't even take punches from him without being disfigured. That was surely an overstatement.

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

I mean his TP isn't Emma, Jean, Xaviar level. It probably can't do anything to namor. Feel free to correct me.

Fair enough, you're right.

Good feats, I agree.

That is true.

Good point, sorry for pigeon-holing.

About that..... BP was bloodlusted and throwing everything at him. And BP>>>>Manta.

You've convinced me of your argument. I can now see Aquaman > Namor.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative and I respect you as a viner

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3909  Edited By jrupert1

@fallschirmjager said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Not even close.

Doesn't matter? Since when?

Oh please. He got nicked above the eyebrow where your skin is weakest. And that is by far his lowest showing. Are you going to up and ignore the fact that he tanked a continent busting attack without issue? Or the fact that he's healed far worse injuries in moments? He also took 0 damage from a torpedo, not so much as a nick.

He's twice over skirmished with WW, fought Swamp Thing, beat down DC's Hercules, shattered Graves' armor who laughed off the JL, tore a hole in Darkseid's chest and more.

Namor going "toe to toe" with Hulk doesn't mean anything. Namor has never beaten Hulk and Hulk has one shotted him. So has Thor. Namor isn't on their level.

If you're going to pigeon hole one showing, then I can see why you make such a terrible statement. Perhaps if all I wanted to do was look at Namor losing to Thing underwater, I'd thing nothing of him too.

And Namor just got his ass whopped by Black Panther. A street leveler. Your logic contradicts yourself.

Namor has very much indeed defeated the Hulk. http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/02/hulk-vs-sub-mariner.html

Both have 4 wins each, several draws and incomplete fights. Heck two of Hulk's wins were in the desert against a dehydrated Namor (consecutively). The time he "one shotted him" was that second time he came at him, and yet he still came back for a third moments later, Hulk in the end lost but was mostly because of plot. And while the Thing has that one win against Namor, he has several losses, both in and out of water.

As for Black Panther, even PIS aside, it's not like he hasn't defeated the entire Fantastic 4 before. And is was even inconclusive, the fight was broken up, the best thing shown was BP sending Namor back with a punch. Besides, modern comics are to Namor (though not always) what Super Friends has been to Aquaman.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

I mean his TP isn't Emma, Jean, Xaviar level. It probably can't do anything to namor. Feel free to correct me.

Fair enough, you're right.

Good feats, I agree.

That is true.

Good point, sorry for pigeon-holing.

About that..... BP was bloodlusted and throwing everything at him. And BP>>>>Manta.

You've convinced me of your argument. I can now see Aquaman > Namor.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative and I respect you as a viner

You don't have to be on their level to win. Post Crisis Aquaman has tons of great TP feats. The one people like to throw around the most is mind raping a White Martian. My persona favorite is that he beat a cybernetic entity with his TP (it being a non-organic lifeform). Never seen that before from anyone else.

I wasn't arguing Manta>BP. Just saying.

Sorry if I was rude.

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Ah. That's pretty good, then. Not sure on TP resistance for Namor, tho.

And no problem. It's cool. I confess that I don't know very much about either character, and I get caught in the hyperbole most ppl on this thread use. So yeah, sorry about the ignorant statements I made. You have pretty good debating skills.

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: The suit is made out of multiple different alloys amounting to probably 20 different metals which are enhanced by magnetic fields and layers of carbon fiber. They are supposed to be able to resist nearly infinite kinetic energy so cap breaking it with his shield is impressive

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ending and/or beginning an argument with 'lol' is not an effective debating tool.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3914 god_spawn  Moderator

Ending and/or beginning an argument with 'lol' is not an effective debating tool.

Whaaat? It is totally effective!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: The suit is made out of multiple different alloys amounting to probably 20 different metals which are enhanced by magnetic fields and layers of carbon fiber. They are supposed to be able to resist nearly infinite kinetic energy so cap breaking it with his shield is impressive

Which comment of mine is this in response to?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. There's no diversity or uniqueness in the battle forum otherwise those threads get ignored.

2. Batman with prep isn't invincible and gets annihilated by many, MANY characters regardless of how much prep he has.

3. The DBZ ban should be lifted.

4. Bowser is underrated.

5. Flash is overrated.

6. People should come up with epic battle ideas.

7. Current Goku brutally trashes Current Superman.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3919  Edited By Night4345

@aee: 3. The DBZ ban should be lifted.

NOOOOOOOO!!

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Aquaman is not useless at all.
2. Batman > Captain America.
3. Darth Maul > Grevious, when sabers only.
4. As many people have said already, Batman with prep is still beatable, e.g, Warrior madness Rune king Thor with Odin force, belt of strength and power gem would WRECK batman even if bats had 10 years of prep.

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

The thing where you said tony's suit was "several layers of titanium" I'm just letting you know it's a lot more durable than (or anyone else really) give it credit for

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto's go to tactic has never been "whip up a force-shield and start ripping iron out of people's blood".

Cut that sh!t out.

BatmanFanXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep can beat anyone below Skyfather level

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: @aee3

Bring back DBZ?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aee said:

Yes! If posters can't handle it they should be warned/banned.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aee said:

Yes! If posters can't handle it they should be warned/banned.

This I want to see Yamcha vs Aquaman and Krillin vs Hulk. Without any flame wars of course

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KIRBY CAN BEAT EVERYONE IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Avatar image for sundipped_superman
Sundipped_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry isn't all that he's made out to be.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

The thing where you said tony's suit was "several layers of titanium" I'm just letting you know it's a lot more durable than (or anyone else really) give it credit for

OK. However the magnetic field which enhances the armor would have been deactivated by vision.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ridiculous notion that Wonder Woman will speedblitz 10+ A-List/B-List heavy hitters before a single one can react, just because they're not as fast as she is. Disregarding the fact that her opponents are by no means slow.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afterimages aren't an actual, quantifiable speed feat. They're just a way to illustrate that someone's moving fast. 9/10 times afterimage feats are overrated.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3932  Edited By Sachmoo

Saying 'Standard Gear' when talking about gear/weapon dependent characters, who have shown a wide array of different weaponry on a consistent basis is Lazy and pointless.

Captain America 'Standard Gear' in comics and MCU makes sense. Hit-Girl or Black Widow 'Standard Gear', does not.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3933  Edited By AlphaQ

1. Many of the arguments that John Constantine is the god of prep are phenomenally weak and ignore to mention the context behind some of his feats. Because I am not an expert on Hellblazer (having only read a handful of issues) I would hesitate to call him overrated but some people believe he is beyond reproach without giving consideration to his failures, vulnerabilities, resources, enemies and the amount of time it took to accomplish his really noteworthy feats.

2. You should not amalgamate feats for characters between adaptions, this is mostly directed at people who use both feats from the Harry Potter books and movies. I consider the movie adaptions to be alternate renderings of the characters and both depictions have strengths and weaknesses the other lacks (Voldemort is implied to have mind control powers in the movies a pretty significant strength if you believe it but movie Voldemort doesn't have the same reaction feats his book counterpart does, like blitzing Harry).

3. Verse vs Verse should not be banned if you remove the omnipotents.

4. 'Ends in sex' is 99% not funny and annoying when multiple people post it on the same thread and can derail a thread that has legitimate discussion value, notably when respectable and knowledgeable debaters choose to post it rather than giving their genuine opinion that actually adds to the thread. Normally it is harmless but I find it disappointing because I want to read the debates.

But these are just my opinions anyway ;)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afterimages aren't an actual, quantifiable speed feat. They're just a way to illustrate that someone's moving fast. 9/10 times afterimage feats are overrated.

100% truth.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan beats Steve and Slade(Either Pre-52 or New-52)at the same time

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther or Iron Fist beat Cassandra Cain in a hand to hand fight

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3937  Edited By Saint_Sophie

If Bruce and Steve were to fight h2h without any enhancements/powers, weapons or prep, then Batman would take the majority as he is the better fighter. It's just Steve's physicals that usually tip the scales/compensate his skill and tech disadvantage.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because a character has a stat edge against a skilled opponent, doesn't mean that their skill goes away i.e. MCU Captain America or Winter Soldier.

Being highly skilled in h2h doesn't automatically grant a victory over a skilled marksman when there is distance to cover.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3939  Edited By thelocust619

@primez0ne: "This I want to see Yamcha vs Aquaman and Krillin vs Hulk. Without any flame wars of course"

....you want to see blatently mismatches? You must know literally nothing about the hulk.

Just no.

if anything, DBZ should be EVEN MORE BANNED than ever before, because nearly every possible matchup has already been done, the current dbz battles are boring as hell, and it still gets wanked STUPID hard by commenters. Half of you don't even understand what you're even saying in DBZ debates.

Hell

to

the

NO

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3940  Edited By Primez0ne

@thelocust619:

No Caption Provided

But seriously calm down dude. The point of these battles is to have fun thinking of the battles outcomes of a particular match, and informing people by debating your opinion about it. You shouldn't just ban DBZ because of a few trolls. Maybe if the trolls were banned instead it would cut down on the flame wars. Also maybe the current DBZ debates are boring because they can only be against other DBZ characters when many DBZ characters have already faced each other.

Anyway I don't know why you are trying to correct my opinion in an "unpopular battle opinions" thread.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threadomancers and people who create battles without any idea of the characters beyond 'this would be so kewl if X & X fight'.

There's a reason why those 3 years old treads were dormant and it doesn't make a good battle thread to just state "X & X fight, standard gear". -Now comment.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3946  Edited By kidchipotle

Daaaaaaaamn this n!qq@ just went apesh!t

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. All anime should be banned, go to a anime site.

2. Posting a stupid gif/meme/pic that is not directly related the fight should be flag and ban worthy. And no a stupid pic of the character in a meme is not directly related to the debate.

3. I reiterate that we need an ignore button.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman curbstomps Hulk.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers