Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pre-52 Superman has faster reactions than the Silver Surfer

J'onn would solo most Heralds of Galactus at the same time

True

spartan1008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3802  Edited By spartan1008

@captain_batman_ftw: are you trying to say slade is ftl?? what in the world are you talking about??? if a character is moving at light speed he can go 7 million miles a second, there is nothing to react to, by the time the light has reached your eye so you can react, he has acted.... I dont know why you think these are feats and not terrible writting, but thats all they are. just because people have written really stupid stories that go against the entire history of the character does not mean that those feats should be taken as any thing else other than wis or pis. batman is not superhuman, the whole point of the character is that he is a human who works with gods and has earned his place among them. every instance you mentioned was just crappy writing. crappy writing does not trump the characters many years of history... superman can not lift half the universe, thor cant push all time and space, and batman can not survive a punch from darkseid, however any character can have a crappy writer.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Bane could kick any batman villains ass.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These characters beat Blue Marvel with little to no difficulty:

Superman

Wonder Woman

Any elite lantern lantern

J'onn

Flash

Thor

Hulk

Beta Ray Bill

Gladiator

Majestic

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@captain_batman_ftw: are you trying to say slade is ftl?? what in the world are you talking about??? if a character is moving at light speed he can go 7 million miles a second, there is nothing to react to, by the time the light has reached your eye so you can react, he has acted.... I dont know why you think these are feats and not terrible writting, but thats all they are. just because people have written really stupid stories that go against the entire history of the character does not mean that those feats should be taken as any thing else other than wis or pis. batman is not superhuman, the whole point of the character is that he is a human who works with gods and has earned his place among them. every instance you mentioned was just crappy writing. crappy writing does not trump the characters many years of history... superman can not lift half the universe, thor cant push all time and space, and batman can not survive a punch from darkseid, however any character can have a crappy writer.

No, Batman has superhuman feats ever since the post-crisis began.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of all the Batman-level characters,Batman stands the best chance against characters actually above that level like Wolverine,Deathstroke,etc.With or Without prep

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3809  Edited By TheMagicStik

While any regular version of Superman could lose to Majestic in a close fight in your standard publication, a composite Superman that uses all of his high end feats curb stomps majestic. Superman just has too many feats for Majestic to compete with.

Also MoS Superman solos all the Marvel Cinematic Universe heroes combined.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4: I was rude against you because you insulted me. "Tripple facepalm"; you didn't even reason that insult while I reasoned mine.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: Including silver age or SP1M, sure. Majestic is above Pre-52 and New 52 Superman combined

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku would Kill Superman, Flash, Silver Surfer, Thor, Superboy Prime, New 52 Superman and Thanos at the same time. And he wouldn't have to go past Super Saiyan 3.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3815  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@why_you_mad_tho said:

Goku would Kill Superman, Flash, Silver Surfer, Thor, Superboy Prime, New 52 Superman and Thanos at the same time. And he wouldn't have to go past Super Saiyan 3.

Loading Video...
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

Loading Video...

That actually made me laugh.

And when someone shows Either of the aforementioned characters destroying a planet with a punch, just flying through one at light speed then I could almost take peoples reactions seriously.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why_you_mad_tho: Pretty sure you just broke the scan rule half a dozen times

I didnt know there was one. But the point had to be made. I'm so sick of peoples revisionists history with flash. Post 2 scans without reading them and think it makes them experts.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why_you_mad_tho: Thorhas busted planets with hits of his hammer, Superman busted a moon, Thanos busted a planet fighting with Drax, for Silver Surfer busting planets is part of his job description.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you want to use iceman in a battle than use actual feats by 616 boby. most of the arguments are just speculation. most of his feats have only come about when he was mind controlled or done by AoA iceman. those should not count in a battle with 616 bobby.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why_you_mad_tho: What is the argument about?

Whether or not any of the flash's could use faster than light speed during a fight. Which they can't since the creation of the speed force.

@why_you_mad_tho: Thorhas busted planets with hits of his hammer, Superman busted a moon, Thanos busted a planet fighting with Drax, for Silver Surfer busting planets is part of his job description.

No he hasnt. Superman flew into a moon at light speed and knocked himself out. And another moon he destroyed was too small to even count as a moon. Where as Master roshi and Piccolo could point their hands and destroy moons. Goku destroyed planet that had' 10 times Earths gravity. That's a better strength feat than anyone in DC (post crisis) or Marvel.

Thanos destroyed a planet with an energy attack. I dont know how no one never notices Thanos has glowing hands. Freiza could destroy planets in his first form.

Goku just fought a god stated to be able to destroy galaxies and he absorbed all of his energy. Surfer couldn't beat frieza.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why_you_mad_tho: Congrats to Goku, he busted a planet the size of a trailer park, where his striking power would be amped due to the gravity

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

@why_you_mad_tho: Congrats to Goku, he busted a planet the size of a trailer park, where his striking power would be amped due to the gravity

Congrats to you for not being able to do basic physics. If the planet has ten times earths gravity but isnt the same size then it means its denser. So it doesn't matter how big or small it is. Gokus striking power would have increased? So goku weighing ten times his normal weight and destroying a planet is nothing to be impressed about. But Superman destroying moon while in that moons gravity making it easier for it to break apart and with him weighing less and he should have his taint licked because of it?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@why_you_mad_tho: And another moon he destroyed was too small to even count as a moon.So the real life moon he destroyed wasn't a moon?

Better call a meeting with the scientific community to fix this error.

Seriously, size doesn't matter with moons.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just with moons ?

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

@why_you_mad_tho: And another moon he destroyed was too small to even count as a moon.So the real life moon he destroyed wasn't a moon?

Better call a meeting with the scientific community to fix this error.

Yes. If it's basically just a big chunk of ice or rock the size of a small mountain then yes its barely a moon. He didnt destroy the real life moon. He destroyed a shadow moon that was the exact copy of DC earths moon. He also needed to fly at it at light speed because he couldn't just punch it. I already said this. Are you just going to ask me questions to things ive answered? Or are you going to post feats?

Not all moons are the same size or even the same material. A fact so simple that it boggles the mind why you would even make a statement like this. And on top of that they said on panel the moon was small and around Uranus, Uranus has moons smaller than San Fransisco. So no not impressive considering Nappa blew up 2 continents with a finger.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3829  Edited By Night4345

@why_you_mad_tho: I wasn't talking about the shadow moon. I was talking about the other moon Superman destroyed and said that moons can be any size as long as it's orbiting a planet. Maybe if you'd pay attention you'd have understood what I said.

I don't care what happened in DBZ.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3830 frozen  Moderator
why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

@why_you_mad_tho: I wasn't talking about the shadow moon. I was talking about the other moon Superman destroyed and said that moons can be any size as long as it's orbiting a planet. Maybe if you'd pay attention you'd have understood what I said.

I don't care what happened in DBZ.

He's only destroyed two moons and I mentioned both of them, but I'm not paying attention? It doesn't matter what size a moon can be around a planet. It wasn't around X planet it was around Uranus. It wasn't X sized moon it said it was a small one. Based on what we know about the solar system, Uranus moons can be as small as land masses like San Fransisco. So you can keep diverging into these weird arguments but it's only making you look bad.

Then why are you jumping into a dbz discussion? Don't bring your superman drama into my opinions on dragon ball.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of all the Batman-level characters,Batman stands the best chance against characters actually above that level like Wolverine,Deathstroke,etc.With or Without prep

I probably agree with this, if we're strictly talking about comic characters.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3834 frozen  Moderator
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: What did Saren mean by Spike? I didn't understand.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3837  Edited By Saren
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: oh, I thought it was something bad.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: Including silver age or SP1M, sure. Majestic is above Pre-52 and New 52 Superman combined

Not really, I was just thinking pre 52 but including New 52 makes it even more of a stomp, he's so above Majestic's strength level it's not even funny and speed is also in Superman's favor. How does Majestic have any chance against that? The Majestic wank is real.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

Congrats to you for not being able to do basic physics. If the planet has ten times earths gravity but isnt the same size then it means its denser.

If you think real life physics has anything to do with DBZ you've got a problem.

So it doesn't matter how big or small it is. Gokus striking power would have increased? So goku weighing ten times his normal weight and destroying a planet is nothing to be impressed about. But Superman destroying moon while in that moons gravity making it easier for it to break apart and with him weighing less and he should have his taint licked because of it?

Put it this way, Superman has destroyed larger buildings. When Superman hit that moon, he was going at nigh-luminal velocities, the increase from gravity would have been negligible. You

Also, Flash (Wally) has fought at lightspeed at least once to my knowledge. When he hit Zum with an Infinite Mass Punch, he was either at SoL or just below it, Superman is also FTL in travel, and Flash is confirmed faster than him, though I do not know how often he uses it in combat.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3841  Edited By Jacthripper

@jacthripper said:

Not really, I was just thinking pre 52 but including New 52 makes it even more of a stomp, he's so above Majestic's strength level it's not even funny and speed is also in Superman's favor. How does Majestic have any chance against that? The Majestic wank is real.

Majestic rearranged the Solar System including Jupiter (with his atomic vision), that's better than anything Clark has pulled that could actually be quantified (looking at you miniature black hole).

No Caption Provided

He also has half the morals, as the pictures in the spoilers show (NSFC)

These are all reasons that Majestic would beat Superman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3842  Edited By jashro44

@captain_batman_ftw:

Slade is physically superior to Captain America due to the fact that he has on multiple occasions reacted to light speeders,

I am assuming you are referencing flash in which case we don't know if Flash was moving anywhere near light speed. We know that flashes speed is connected to his striking power (hence why an Infinite mass punch can one shot a white martian). Additionally Slade has mostly tagged Kid flash and those examples are pre crisis (they have been referenced in post crisis continuity though). But the point is not only do we not know if flash was moving beyond the speed of sound due to morals, kid flash being inexperienced since he was a kid, Slade has also studied Wallys movements.

The only times Slade has encountered Wally post crisis would be the first time he got blitzed by Wally when he was going through the whole "I'm not good enough to be flash thing" and in identity crisis where Wally was shown to be only moving fast enough to outrun the explosives Slade set. Just to add to the fact that Wally has never blitzed Slade at the speed of sound when Wally blitzed Slade he was limited to only moving slightly above the speed of sound. He couldn't go light speed due to some psychological problems (Read flash volume 2 issue 79 for more details):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Deathstorke does later trip Wally as he is running around the corner, but that was through anticipation and not through speed (he had his staff on the ground before Wally ran around the corner and Wally just didn't notice it.

All though just to add cap has actually reacted to light speed attacks before. Proxima Midnight spear has been stated to be light speed, and it actually showed it was faster than that when it caught spectrum when she was in her light form (I can post scans of that if you want). Steve blocked her attack with his shield:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Regardless neither Slade or Steve are capable of reacting to people or things that move anywhere near the speed of light so I would rather not focus on these sorts of feats. I could probably fine other feats from Steve if needed like this one. He's performed his own fair share of ridiculous feats.

and not to mention that he easily beat Batman to a knockout.,and Batman himself has superhuman stats. Hell, he has survived beatdowns from multiple superhumans, and Batman even survived ''the force of a tsunami''. All that, and Batman still gets beat down by Slade.

I would say the force of a tsunami statement is hyperbole. There isn't nearly enough water for that to be close to a tsunami and it looks like batman gets knocked out with a rock to the head. Regardless I agree punching batman out is very impressive feat but it doesn't put his strength beyond Steve who tosses his shield through helicopters and tanks.

Really? Has Captain America shown anything close to reacting to light-speeders (on multiple occasions when neccecary),

As I said above he recently reacted to proxima midnights spear. He's reacted to a blitz from a bloodlusted hyperion. He's dodged lasers and such from every direction.

and he has literally taken a beatdown from Batman (someone who actually has shown superior striking power to Cap, and durability showings),

Steve has taken hits from namor, a bloodlusted iron man (multiple times), and than there was the explosion gambit created in AVX which mushroom cluded. Gambit with explosions much smaller has sent regular humans flying with the shockwave of his explosions in the past and Steve tanked the actual explosion at point blank range when his armor was the explosion.

and hell, he wiped the floor with Batman when he became serious.

Which fight are we talking about just for clarification? I was referring to the one in deathstroke the terminator #7.

Nightwing is most certainly not as fast as Spiderman, but agility in my opinion, they are equal to (currently, I'm not using my own computer, I'm using my brothers, so I can't use scans),because Nigthwing himself has performed agility feats such as this:

Those feats are impressive but I find Peter dodging lasers, missiles, and basically everything else from multiple directions to be more impressive, the next scan is just a random agility feat (not very impressive not sure why I uploaded it not that I think about it), next 3 scans are from spider-mans fight with electro (I can't upload the full fight due to the new rule so I picked 3 pages), next scan is a showing of Peters balance, the last scan Peter explains how he has a perfect equilibrium making his balance perfect in any position (we see him flipping across roof tops and balancing on a flag pole with one finger, and dancing around hulk with his agility):

Right to left

As for the train feat I find this feat from marvel knights to be better:

No Caption Provided

Now at first glance this may not seem impressive but let me explain. Peter in this instance was moving so fast that no one in avengers mansion could identify him (or any of their defences, or the cops). They couldn't even see him, meaning he was moving faster than a train. And not only is he flipping on top of these projectiles but keep in mind there cylinders making them much harder to balance on, yet Peter is still doing it.

Does Spiderman hit harder than a missilie's force? Probably, but that's what I'm comparing Batman's striking power to him because Batman himself while being weakend in the one leg,

Much harder:

He later rips the armor off which tanked that hit from iron man 2020.
He later rips the armor off which tanked that hit from iron man 2020.

Missile force is pretty low end for Peter to be honest.

he kicked down a freaking pillar.

Eh, spider-man has created massive craters in the ground which send cars flying into the air and knocked out people when he was the size of an ant:

No Caption Provided

For the record these are from 2 different issues (first 2 are from venom #3, and the last is from venom #4:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I was actually aware that Slade was complaining days after that he had pains from Batman, but is that actually a surprise considering how many times Batman hit him? Not to mention the fact that Batman himself does have superhuman striking feats himself, as I've already stated some, and if we're going by that, then Captain America has died from a bullet, and then come back to life,

1. A bullet is piercing damage.
  2. Cap was wearing special handcuffs which suppress his enhancements.
  3. IIRC it was retconned to Steve not being dead but lost through time or some nonsense.

besides, Batman got more force in his punches and kicks than what a bullet does, so that's actually a showing that gives Deathstroke a good durabiliy showing.

Its not really one which is beyond deathstroke. Also batman doesn't always hit harder than a missile.

Cassie is on par with Spiderman if we go by feats; Spiderman is better by paper, but Cassie is an equal to him by feats because she has what it takes to be on par with Spiderman, Wolverine and characters as such.

Peters feats are better than wolverines in terms of speed. Wolverine is fast enough to avoid getting speed blitzed but he is slower.

She has done the same kind of reaction feats like Spiderman, same types of speed feats, and hell, she can take some few wins against Peter. It's a really close battle in my opinion going by their feats, both of them has dodged lightning before, both of them has insane striking feats, and both of them has dodged the same types of attaks. Also, Cassie herself has dodged Batman's and Nightwing's attacks with a smile on her face, Batman and Nightwing's speed are just as good as Daredevil's.

I would argue daredevil actually has speed on par with Cassie. She might be a bit faster.

Cassandra Cain hasn't blitzed bullet timers AFAIK, but she has casually been dodging punches from people with superhuman stats (i.e Batman).

Batman is fast but he doesn't see bullets in slow motion like the spider-villains Peter blitzed. Nor does he have precog.

She dodged sniper bullets after they had been shot as a kid,

Daredevil has reacted to sniper bullets multiple times after they have been fired and Peter was a blur to him.

she has also outpaced bullets, not comparable to Spiderman's speed? Regardless, it's irrelevant to this.

And Peter has blitzed kingpin at the speed of submachine gunfire (machine gun bullets are a lot faster than pistol bullets, not to mention Peter was moving in a circle and not a straight line like Cassie)

No Caption Provided

Again, he was inexperienced which is a huge part of the context behind why it happend,

I agree and I never said otherwise. I was just saying Slades stats aren't enough by themselves to say he can beat a martial artist. I was just saying if a fighter is skilled enough (which at the time David Cain was, yes he would get wrecked by Slade when Slade got more experienced), so that wouldn't excused canary from getting wrecked.

but if we do it like that, then Deathstroke is in the league of top 5 martial artist in both DC and Mavel cause if people can hang with him in terms of speed, then he is a better fighter than Black Panther, Batman, Iron Fist, Wolverine etc... It's skill, but he uses his enhancments more.

I'm not saying Slades stats are irelevent I am just saying Slades success against skilled fighters is due to a combination of stats and skill. But his stats aren't to the point where a good enough fighter can't hang with him. Its hard to gauge Slades exact skill level. He's a great fighter but he isn't a top tier fighter.

Inexperienced against Cain, and it seems like you're downplaying him when you're ignoring the feats these people that have ''matched'' him has.

I'm not ignoring the feats of the people Slade has fought. I'm just saying a skilled fighter can and has matched deathstroke....Which they have.

Then Deathstroke is superior to most of the top tier martial artists in both Marvel and DC then? He got the physical feats to say that it's actually the physical shape that allows him to do crazy things.

Deathstroke does what he does because of a combination of tactical ability, martial arts, and physicals.

Steve isn't going to be that hard of a match either, especially not considering that he physically outclasses him and in terms of skill.

I has referenced some durability feats already for Steve. I brought up the proxima midnight feat but to add I'll bring up Steve moving faster than human eyes can track, dodged point blank bullets after they are fired, out paced a bullet just like Cassandra cain, etc. He tossed his shields through tanks and helicopters, he's tossed his shield with enough force that it outraces a missile, sent 300 ibs wolverine flying 15 feet and through a metal car door, tossed anchors, etc.

If you want me to make a case for Steve summed up it would be he can physically match Slade in terms of stats, and has shown more martial arts skill, and his shield gives him a good counter for Slades gear.

Well, to be honest, I haven't read the story for a looong time ow, so I have basically forgotten almost everything about it.

No problem.

He most likely used most of his force because he became serious, and Dinah herself who has pretty darn good skill showings, isn't going to get one-shotted by someone who is equal to her.

Thats my point. Even taking into account batmans strength, black canary should have been able to go limp and handle a hit from batman.

It's like saying that Captain America one-shotted Daredevil through skill (just an example).

Steve has never one shotted daredevil though despite being a lot stronger than Murdock.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik said:

@jacthripper said:

Majestic rearranged the Solar System including Jupiter (with his atomic vision), that's better than anything Clark has pulled that could actually be quantified (looking at you miniature black hole).

No Caption Provided

He also has half the morals, as the pictures in the spoilers show (NSFC)

These are all reasons that Majestic would beat Superman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Majestic changed Jupiter's composition but as far as I can tell he never moved physically anything of that size, I've seen scans of him moving other large planetoids but I've never actually moving Jupiter. If you've got the scan I'd be glad to change my mind.

Superman however has moved earth with help on two seperate occasions, he has lifted infinity on two seperate occasions, and his power was used to move Mageddon which was litterally solar system sized. In the new 52 he lifted the weight of the earth with no help and no sun for an extended period of time and he alongside MMH moved Brainiacs Saturn sized ship. I'd say that outclasses any feats from Majestic.

Superman also has so many more durability and combat speed feats that Majestic cannot keep up with. Double planetary impact, Supernova's, Blackholes, god's, abstracts, Superman has tanked them all. Superman has been around for too long for Majestic to beat him, at least if we consider all of his greatest feats.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I am assuming you are referencing flash in which case we don't know if Flash was moving anywhere near light speed. We know that flashes speed is connected to his striking power (hence why an Infinite mass punch can one shot a white martian). Additionally Slade has mostly tagged Kid flash and those examples are pre crisis (they have been referenced in post crisis continuity though). But the point is not only do we not know if flash was moving beyond the speed of sound due to morals, kid flash being inexperienced since he was a kid, Slade has also studied Wallys movements.

The only times Slade has encountered Wally post crisis would be the first time he got blitzed by Wally when he was going through the whole "I'm not good enough to be flash thing" and in identity crisis where Wally was shown to be only moving fast enough to outrun the explosives Slade set. Just to add to the fact that Wally has never blitzed Slade at the speed of sound when Wally blitzed Slade he was limited to only moving slightly above the speed of sound. He couldn't go light speed due to some psychological problems (Read flash volume 2 issue 79 for more details):

He has consistently done so, not only with Flash, but Superman as well. Although, looking at my own post now, I feel that I should ditch those feats because they don't make sense whatsoever.

All though just to add cap has actually reacted to light speed attacks before. Proxima Midnight spear has been stated to be light speed, and it actually showed it was faster than that when it caught spectrum when she was in her light form (I can post scans of that if you want). Steve blocked her attack with his shield:

This wasn't a light-speed feat at all, to be honest, it's not even a reaction time feat, nor reflexes, because Steve had already had his shield up as he was trying to save Carol. It's from the Infinity story if I'm not wrong.

I would say the force of a tsunami statement is hyperbole. There isn't nearly enough water for that to be close to a tsunami and it looks like batman gets knocked out with a rock to the head

Ah, I was hoping you would say that it's hyperbole because it's just plain out wrong. It was the narrator that said it, and also: i'ts from the storyline: ''Cataclysm''. It's a road-to ''No Man's Land''. In the storyline, there was a powerful earthquake throughout Gotham city and Blodhaven. The proof that this is not a hyperbole is the fact that the earthquake's force was meazured and it got a 7.6 in the Richterscale.

Steve has taken hits from namor, a bloodlusted iron man (multiple times), and than there was the explosion gambit created in AVX which mushroom cluded. Gambit with explosions much smaller has sent regular humans flying with the shockwave of his explosions in the past and Steve tanked the actual explosion at point blank range when his armor was the explosion.

Taking hits from Namor is impressive, but not impressive enough; his striking power is very incosistent to be honest. Taking punches from a bloodlusted Iron Man is impressive, but let's not forget that Iron Man almost killed him with two hits in Civil War, when Batman on the other hand has tanked far more worse (for example, getting stomped into the ground by a no-holding back Wonder Woman, getting hit by Orm's lightning and survive) Tanking an explosion made by Gambit isn't impressive that either when it comes to characters like Deathstroke, Batman, Captain America, Spiderman and so forth because Gambit's explosion didn't do jack squat against Moon Knight. Also, can you post scans of the AvX axis scan, so we can analyze it?

Those feats are impressive but I find Peter dodging lasers, missiles, and basically everything else from multiple directions to be more impressive, the next scan is just a random agility feat (not very impressive not sure why I uploaded it not that I think about it), next 3 scans are from spider-mans fight with electro (I can't upload the full fight due to the new rule so I picked 3 pages), next scan is a showing of Peters balance, the last scan Peter explains how he has a perfect equilibrium making his balance perfect in any position (we see him flipping across roof tops and balancing on a flag pole with one finger, and dancing around hulk with his agility):

To be honest: you shouldn't have posted those scans and feats; I already know that Peter has better agility, but Nightwing is very close is what I meant as I (believe) said: ''Nightwing performs agility feats on par with Spiderman''. Also, the lasers Nightwingdancedaround are Superman's heat vision, Superman's heat vision is faster than his own running speed.

Eh, spider-man has created massive craters in the ground which send cars flying into the air

My problem with your interperation of this feat is that you though that was mainly because of Spiderman's strenght. In the first scan you showed me (where they fell out of a building), that was due to Venom's own body as they were grappling on each other. It's like me saying that I created a giant crater because I punched a falling plane, and the plane fell down into the ground.

The second scan you showed me was impressive, but to be honest, that wasn't just Spiderman's own force.

1. A bullet is piercing damage.
  2. Cap was wearing special handcuffs which suppress his enhancements.
  3. 3.IIRC it was retconned to Steve not being dead but lost through time or some nonsense.

1. A bullet is piercing damage, but it doesn't come close to Batman's striking power, nor Slade's.

2. Irrelevant, because I was talking about his durability.

3. Still knocked out, though.

Its not really one which is beyond deathstroke. Also batman doesn't always hit harder than a missile.

Not always, but when he does manage to pain someone like Deathstroke that bad (Slade tanked getting blasted by Starfire's blast) shows that he at least hit with a good amount of force, not to mention that Bruce has used a three-busting kick on a thug once.

Daredevil has reacted to sniper bullets multiple times after they have been fired and Peter was a blur to him.

The sniper bullet was inches away from her face.

I agree and I never said otherwise. I was just saying Slades stats aren't enough by themselves to say he can beat a martial artist. I was just saying if a fighter is skilled enough (which at the time David Cain was, yes he would get wrecked by Slade when Slade got more experienced), so that wouldn't excused canary from getting wrecked.

Slade's physical shape is the thing that helps him most. That's how he stomped Batman and gave characters such as Bronze Tiger a decent match.

I has referenced some durability feats already for Steve. I brought up the proxima midnight feat but to add I'll bring up Steve moving faster than human eyes can track, dodged point blank bullets after they are fired, out paced a bullet just like Cassandra cain, etc. He tossed his shields through tanks and helicopters, he's tossed his shield with enough force that it outraces a missile, sent 300 ibs wolverine flying 15 feet and through a metal car door, tossed anchors, etc.

Do you know who else has been too fast for the human eye (including a superhuman)? Batman, but do you know what Slade did to him? He beat the crap out of him. Deathstroke's bow staff has also put down helicopters. Sending someone far away isn't that impressive if no damage has been dealt with. I mean, Batman got stomped by Slade (with striking power).

Overall, as you have said yourself, if people can use skill to hang with Deathstroke, then he should be better in H2H than Steve, shouldn't he? I really don't think it's a good match, to be honest, Slade is rightfully more skilled, better speed, and not to mention his tactical mind.

Steve has never one shotted daredevil though despite being a lot stronger than Murdock.

I'm aware of that; that's why I said it as if it never happend.

It's like saying that Captain America one-shotted Daredevil through skill (just an example).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3846 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

I think by the time Batman vs Superman is released, this site (Battles Forum, atleast) will revert to how it was before.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3847 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

If this Battle Forum is to become good again, the Kick Ass characters fanboyism must wither away.

Make it happen guys!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3848  Edited By jashro44

@captain_batman_ftw:

He has consistently done so, not only with Flash, but Superman as well. Although, looking at my own post now, I feel that I should ditch those feats because they don't make sense whatsoever.

Superman has stated he doesn't move beyond the speed of sound in city environments and he's blitzed deathstroke before as well.

This wasn't a light-speed feat at all, to be honest, it's not even a reaction time feat, nor reflexes, because Steve had already had his shield up as he was trying to save Carol. It's from the Infinity story if I'm not wrong.

I'm fine with this interpretation. I don't take the feat seriously either way. I could argue he blocked it but I wont because even if I do it would be PIS.

Ah, I was hoping you would say that it's hyperbole because it's just plain out wrong. It was the narrator that said it, and also: i'ts from the storyline: ''Cataclysm''. It's a road-to ''No Man's Land''. In the storyline, there was a powerful earthquake throughout Gotham city and Blodhaven. The proof that this is not a hyperbole is the fact that the earthquake's force was meazured and it got a 7.6 in the Richterscale.

Shadow of the bat #73. Anyways doing some quick research tsunamis a small tsunami wave would be 30 meters high (we see batman jump over the wave so it wasn't that high). I don't think that wave meets the requirements of a tsunami, I guess you could say the water was moving at high speeds though. That and batman was knocked out by the rock hitting him in the head so he didn't actually tank the damage.

Taking hits from Namor is impressive, but not impressive enough; his striking power is very incosistent to be honest.

Who Namor? He is consistently a class 100.

Taking punches from a bloodlusted Iron Man is impressive, but let's not forget that Iron Man almost killed him with two hits in Civil War,

It was actually more than 2 hits and Steve was still standing.

when Batman on the other hand has tanked far more worse (for example, getting stomped into the ground by a no-holding back Wonder Woman,

Snyder already confirmed the league was weakened and not at full strength. I think this is why despite being bloodlusted wonder woman slamming batman into the ground only caused a small crater, and superman was taken out by such a small amount of krytonite. The leagues power levels seemed to be below what they normally are IMO.

SS: [laughs] A lot. I worried about that quite a bit, actually. I think one of the saving graces is that they’re not completely at full strength, because they’re Joker-ized. There was always that slightly muted quality to them so that way it wasn’t simply “Batman could take them all down so easily.” That said, I tried to give it a lot of thought. I did give it a lot of thought. I did wrestle with it. I was like, “What’s the best way and how do you make it fun, also? And funny?” Because honestly, it’s Batman’s 75th and you want to see him be badass. You want to see him bethat guy that could take down the Justice League without getting his…ass kicked.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-scott-snyder-talks-batman-36-endgame-and/1100-150379/

getting hit by Orm's lightning and survive)

This is an electrical attack and batmans suit is insulated. Stephanie Brown tanked lightning from live wire effortlessly before, and live wire is a superman villain. Batmans suit is insulated very well. I'll concede when it comes to electricity batman is more durable than cap or deathstroke.

Tanking an explosion made by Gambit isn't impressive that either when it comes to characters like Deathstroke, Batman, Captain America, Spiderman and so forth because Gambit's explosion didn't do jack squat against Moon Knight. Also, can you post scans of the AvX axis scan, so we can analyze it?

1. Gambit said he wasn't trying to hurt moon knight.
  2. The explosion cap tanked was way larger:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

To be honest: you shouldn't have posted those scans and feats; I already know that Peter has better agility, but Nightwing is very close is what I meant as I (believe) said: ''Nightwing performs agility feats on par with Spiderman''. Also, the lasers Nightwingdancedaround are Superman's heat vision, Superman's heat vision is faster than his own running speed.

Well I'll just drop this and we can agree to disagree. If you are referring to nigthwing vs super-bat keep in mind batman was weakened due to not going out in the sunlight.

My problem with your interperation of this feat is that you though that was mainly because of Spiderman's strenght. In the first scan you showed me (where they fell out of a building), that was due to Venom's own body as they were grappling on each other. It's like me saying that I created a giant crater because I punched a falling plane, and the plane fell down into the ground.

The second scan you showed me was impressive, but to be honest, that wasn't just Spiderman's own force.

Batman wouldn't be capable of that feat regardless of venoms weight. Plus this also ignores the 3rd scan I uploaded when Peter and venom weren't falling and Peter did the exact same thing. he sent venom flying with enough force that he created large craters in the ground and sent cars in the air:

No Caption Provided

This is way above what batman or Cass is capable of. The other feats also support this.

1. A bullet is piercing damage, but it doesn't come close to Batman's striking power, nor Slade's.

2. Irrelevant, because I was talking about his durability.

3. Still knocked out, though.

1. I'm not sure what your point here is. Neither batman (without his armor) or deathstroke can take a bullet to the head. Slade has been incapacitated by a bullet to the head on multiple occasions.
  2. Caps enhancements would include durability which would also have been suppressed at the time. Not like it matters.
  3. Same would have happened to batman or deathstroke (and has actually happened to deathstroke more than once)....

Not always, but when he does manage to pain someone like Deathstroke that bad (Slade tanked getting blasted by Starfire's blast) shows that he at least hit with a good amount of force, not to mention that Bruce has used a three-busting kick on a thug once.

This seems like circular logic. You're proving batman hit harder than the force of a missile and that deathstroke tanking his hits is a good durability feat, by bringing up how durable deathstroke is?

The sniper bullet was inches away from her face.

As I said daredevil has done the same thing.

Slade's physical shape is the thing that helps him most.

I agree.

That's how he stomped Batman and gave characters such as Bronze Tiger a decent match.

1. Bronze tiger is mostly hype. His claim to fame is beating a less skilled version of batman. Aside from that he has no wins against top tier fighters, and all his fights against other top tier fighters are inconclusive.
  2. Deathstroke never stomped batman, unless your referring to chuck dixons run where Bruce did eventually beat deathstroke.

Do you know who else has been too fast for the human eye (including a superhuman)? Batman, but do you know what Slade did to him? He beat the crap out of him.

Yes which is very impressive. That was just one feat I listed for Steve. There is also the time he out ran a bullet just like Cassandra cain, and dodged a point blank bullet after it was fired.

Deathstroke's bow staff has also put down helicopters.

Difference being is Steve tossing his shield has to do with strength. IIRC Mocking bird has commented she had a hard time fighting with it because it was so heavy. Likewise the shield doesn't cleave through regular humans when Steve doesn't want it to. Steve would have to be throwing the shield with absurd levels of force to throw it through a helicopter, tanks.

Plus as I said he tosses it with enough force it out paces missiles.

Sending someone far away isn't that impressive if no damage has been dealt with.

Damaging wolverine isn't hard, the problem with wolverine is he has a healing factor so the damage doesn't mean anything. I wouldn't expect Steve to knock wolverine out considering he's tanked hits that have sent him half way across the planet....

I mean, Batman got stomped by Slade (with striking power).

Batman was not stomped.

Overall, as you have said yourself, if people can use skill to hang with Deathstroke, then he should be better in H2H than Steve, shouldn't he? I really don't think it's a good match, to be honest, Slade is rightfully more skilled, better speed, and not to mention his tactical mind.

No. Steve has shown better technique than Slade, plus he is battle tested without his enhancements. He's beaten crossbones without the super soldier serum, beaten a group of super soldiers in the body of a 90 pound weakling, etc. He's shown the ability to use the leverage of class 100's to toss them around, he's shown better pressure point knowledge than Slade has, etc. Combat wise they are compareable but in terms of showings of raw technique Steve has Slade beat. I still don't see evidence of Slade being faster or smarter...

I'm aware of that; that's why I said it as if it never happend.

Right. So Canary isn't on the same tier batman, unlike daredevil and Cap who are on the same tier.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3849 frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: I'm not really following your current discussion too closely but Batman one-shotted Black Canary. He is definitely a tier above her.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Deathstroke without his enhancements can't hold his own against Batman or any other high-level martial artist

2. Sentry is extremely underrated beast that could take MMH

3. Flash cannot move at FTL speeds without effort

4. With equalized speed, Thor stomps the living **** out of Superman

5. Daredevil is on Batman's level in martial arts skill

6. SS destroys nearly any justice leaguer

7. Iron Man is a complete underrated powerhouse that can hold his own against most other powerhouses even without prep