Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3301  Edited By Thekillerklok

@jestersmiles: "Of course Harley! It's just that I have been so busy you know!"

spartan1008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: this, lets disregard 40 or 50 or even 70 years of character development because some writer was bad at math and had no idea what he was saying. Infinite mass punch for example, is the physics that as an object aproaches light speed its mass seems to increase in direct proportion to its speed, needing constantly increasing energy to make it move faster. It doesnt actually spontaneously increase in mass, it just becomes harder to make it go faster. now because some writter had no idea what he was talking about, we all have to hear how wally west or barry allen can punch something with infinite force a billion times a second.

spartan1008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just to add to that, if any object exceded light speed it would be converted to energy and no longer exist as a physical object, and all speed is relative meaning nothing is actually moving, its just moving in relation to another object, the physics of earth means that if some one ran light speed on earth he would blow the atmosphere off the planet.... its just stupid writing and I cant take it serious at all since 99.99999% of the showings of these characters in life and death situations are not even a billionth the speed of light, just sloppy stupid writing that we all now have to pretend never happened when they get tagged or slapped around by some guy throwing boomerangs or shooting ray guns

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers said:

Kang being unable to defeat Ultron was pure Bendis P.i.S. to set up the AoU story.

PIS is just a simple form to define 90% of Bendis's stories.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers said:

Kang being unable to defeat Ultron was pure Bendis P.i.S. to set up the AoU story.

PIS is just a simple form to define 90% of Bendis's stories.

LOL this is so true!

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Obi-Wan Kenobi can speedblitz any Star Wars character of Revan/Vitiate/Satele Shan's era.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Big Boss>Solid Snake>Batman>Captain America.

It doesn't even need to be about comics anymore.

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex said:

I believe that DC fans think their characters are auto win cards based on hypothetical feats and made up science to their character I.E Wally.

I firmly believe that a ton of characters could destroy Wally and Zoom, and that most of their battles on here that they "win" only win because people get tired of arguing the same walls of text with people who won't budge.

I also believe that DBZ is the most inconsistent pile of hyperbole ever. That no feats of planetary destruction were shown outside of Frieza and filler. That ABC logic and hyperbole is the sole feat express of DBZ... It would be the same asinine assumption to say "Well since Iron Man hacked Ziran the tester's armor he could hack Galactus etc etc"

Also Thanos>>everyone because "I am Thanos"

I agree with Wally. The Flash is probably the most retarded comic character ever invented and has made debating on these boards next to impossible. I swear I challenge any, And I mean ANY member of this site to post 3 scans of flash using FTL speeds to fight and I bet you that you wont find one. Yet every thread Flash wins because he's billions of times ftl.

As far as your dbz rant. You like every other DBZ detractor couldnt be more ignorant of what you speak. If you had watched a single episode of the show or read the same scans that have been posted 3000 times then Dragonball threads wouldnt have been banned. They dont destroy planets because they can condense their energy blasts to avoid dammage to the planet. This was shown in the Super vegeta vs Cell fight. And The frieza vs goku fight. The raditz vs piccolo and goku fight.

Theres a lot more than hyperbole to dbz. The fact that goku destroyed a planet ten times earths gravity with a punch means he has a better strength feat than Superman Prime, Superman and every other big bad that comicvine users love wanking.

Then you have Akira Toriyama stating the fact that Vegeta and Goku created supernovas in their last fight (off panel). I'd post more but whats the point? I'd be repeating myself for no reason

and here's a perfect example of someone who doesn't know the meaning of hyperbole...

You ask someone to post feats of wally speed blitzing someone in FTL, yet, there's nothing shown of Goku busting planets, or galaxys... Also King Kai's planet is literally the size of MAYBE a trailer park, that means nothing. Then you go on to tell me to watch DBZ? I ****ing own the manga from DB to the damn finish of DBZ... I own the entire series from DB to GT... I own every movie in multiple languages... Don't come at me stupid and assume crap... DBZ is hyperbole and ABC logic... It's all big words, and jack off factor that gets you fanboys to cream your pants. I'm a fan of DBZ but I know the limits... Goku kaiyocan't keep up with anyone herald level and above. Quit wanking.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is more durable than Blue Marvel

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: I don't really see a reason why it would get locked, Hercule isn't a ridiculously powerful DBZ character, he's just a martial artist, a regular human. Yes DBZ threads are banned, but they would really lock it if Hercule was the character? That doesn't seem likely, considering Hercule hasn't really done anything remotely impressive.

There are a lot of comic characters that can beat any DBZ character. The problem is that those thread get out of hand,too much bias oppinions and name calling wars for what i have seen. And that leads nowhere.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The JLA stomps the Z fighters any day.

XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@wolfrazer said:

@christianrapper: I don't really see a reason why it would get locked, Hercule isn't a ridiculously powerful DBZ character, he's just a martial artist, a regular human. Yes DBZ threads are banned, but they would really lock it if Hercule was the character? That doesn't seem likely, considering Hercule hasn't really done anything remotely impressive.

There are a lot of comic characters that can beat any DBZ character. The problem is that those thread get out of hand,too much bias oppinions and name calling wars for what i have seen. And that leads nowhere.

I then think that Batman, Wally, and Thanos threads should be banned too... Considering (and I'm a Thanos Fanboy) you can't argue with fans of any of them. While I know Thanos' limits, etc, some fans just don't and think he could beat Pre-Retcon Beyonder with no amps.

and I'm not trying to rustle jimmies saying that, it's the truth... If you want my honest opinion this board is a cesspool, most threads are replied with one word answers, or sentences with no real back up of feats (and thank you to the actual debaters)... I honestly believe that if you don't contribute to a thread, you are warned and then further idiocy leads you banned from the battles board.

Most of the time it's "Thanos stomps" "Wally stomps" in threads, without actual scan posting... I'm guilty of this, as I'm sure everyone is, it's like a sickness in an office building.. But at the same time, it's frustrating without actual input to WHY they do... It's just "My fave wins" /bias. I'm trying to literally stop this vine habit myself and I'd feel like it'd be better.

But banning DBZ threads is stupid as a whole. I think we should just have one thread Goku vs Superman have it be pinned on the front page, have it be monitored, debated accurately and thoroughly, and when it's all said and done, whoever the winner be, that's the winner. Further threads should be deleted, users should be warned, and that's that, let other users make Goku vs Thanos etc. It would end the stupid debates, it would shut either side up, and we could get on with our lives...

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex: Getting warned for one word answers would be the stupidest thing possible.

I shouldn't get a warning for saying Daredevil stomps Hit-Girl

Most people do provide feats if you ask them to. Heck a lot of people even ask if you would want to make a CaV.

XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex: Getting warned for one word answers would be the stupidest thing possible.

I shouldn't get a warning for saying Daredevil stomps Hit-Girl

Most people do provide feats if you ask them to. Heck a lot of people even ask if you would want to make a CaV.

Make a thread, and expect actual analysis and reasons...

get nothing but "X stomps"

Then come back to me. It's the dumbest, most idiot response that people do... Because it really offers nothing other than an opinion...

If you say "Daredevil stomps due to superior fighting ability, his enhanced super senses, and general knowledge on how to counter Hit-Girls...." Then it's more acceptable, but just saying "X stomps Y" **Exits thread** is ****. It's annoying, and stupid to be quite honest. Most of the time I tend to skip posts that looks like they have only 5-6 words in them... Not worth the time to read, if the people replying aren't putting the time to help the debate.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex: You would want me to explain how Galactus would stomp Spider-Man ?

XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex: You would want me to explain how Galactus would stomp Spider-Man ?

We're going to use an extreme as an example... bravo

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex: You actually think Hit-Girl has a chance against Daredevil ?

She would get wrecked by Damian Wayne(without powers of course)

It's not even extreme.

DD one-shots Hit-Girl

Big G one-shots Peter

They're both getting one-shotted

KingH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nami solos naruverse

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

I swear I challenge any, And I mean ANY member of this site to post 3 scans of flash using FTL speeds to fight and I bet you that you wont find one.

Here he disarms Mirror-Master in a picosecond, fights and defeats Professor-Zoom in a picosecond, and maneuvers/continually dodges beams honing in at light-speed(while carrying a petrified Dr. Alchemy).

It's roughly estimated that light itself moves a whopping 0.30 millimeters in the span of a picosecond.

They've got Flash finishing entire fights, and finishing them before they even begin by taking the exact part of a weapon he's not intimately familiar with that's needed to render it non-functional while the guy is pointing it at his face.

And there you are repeating arguments you heard online.There are cameras such as the streak camera that measures in Picoseconds. Picoseconds are not a faster than light speeds. As a matter of fact when picoseconds are used in regards to light it's used to measure how far light has traveled not how fast light is going because light is light speed. Dismantling a gun before he can be shot is not a ftl feat. Flash has literally zero ftl fighting feats on comicvine. You can look for as long as you want. And before you grab a scan in which he and zoom were fighting all over the world in a second, Flash was amped by two speedsters in that occasion. And before you start with faster than thought, human thought has been measured to be as fast as a hummingbird flapping it's wings. I want a scan an actual photo saying Im moving at faster than light speeds, since thats exactly what you would ask for in a Dragonball thread is it not? But picoseconds and dismantling a gun is good enough?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3322  Edited By XiiX

@why_you_mad_tho: Actually, no, I hadn't heard/read that argument online. You know what they say when you assume........

Believe what you'd like. No one can make you change your mind.

Lastly, I have no idea why you're projecting some some grievance with how Dragonball-Z characters are acknowledged onto me, considering I've never had any interest in Dragonball-Z(or any threads concerning it's characters).

But if it makes you feel any better; yes, that would be good enough for me if a Dragonball-Z character did those things.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@why_you_mad_tho: Actually, no, I hadn't heard them used online, and I'm perfectly aware he was amped in his fight with Zoom.

You're free to interpret it as you'd like. No one can change your mind.

Except the last scan. The beams are stated as functioning at light-speed.

And I have no idea why you're projecting some some grievance with how Dragonball-Z characters are acknowledged onto me, considering I've never had any interest in Dragonball-Z(or any threads concerning it's characters).

If I've heard them you've heard them.Just google certain terms with comicvine and youll see picosecond this picosecond that. Math is not interpretable. It either is or isn't

Yes and he didn't say or do anything to suggest he was traveling faster than the beam. In fact he's looking at the beams trajectory and avoids it. Flash did that when someone aimed a laser at some chick and he had to zoom around the world to stop it.

My grievance? I was pointing out your hypocrisy because you're in here stating something that not only isnt true, but has been proven false for years. If you never had any interest in the characters why are you in here disparaging dbz feats? That doesn't even make sense.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3324  Edited By pooty

@xiix: It takes light 3.3 picoseconds to travel 1 millimeter. So your example does show Flash being FTL.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3325  Edited By XiiX

@why_you_mad_tho:Yeah, I've seen those feats used(obviously), but not outlined the same way(to my recollection).

Not open to interpretation, yet here we are.

.........................I think you're mistaking me with someone else. I've never been interested in Dragonball-Z enough to indulge it, much less discredit it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

I swear I challenge any, And I mean ANY member of this site to post 3 scans of flash using FTL speeds to fight and I bet you that you wont find one.

Here he disarms Mirror-Master in a picosecond, fights and defeats Professor-Zoom in a picosecond, and maneuvers/continually dodges beams honing in at light-speed(while carrying a petrified Dr. Alchemy).

It's roughly estimated that light itself moves a whopping 0.30 millimeters in the span of a picosecond.

They've got Flash finishing entire fights, and finishing them before they even begin by taking the exact part of a weapon he's not intimately familiar with that's needed to render it non-functional while the guy is pointing it at his face.

And there you are repeating arguments you heard online.There are cameras such as the streak camera that measures in Picoseconds. Picoseconds are not a faster than light speeds. As a matter of fact when picoseconds are used in regards to light it's used to measure how far light has traveled not how fast light is going because light is light speed. Dismantling a gun before he can be shot is not a ftl feat. Flash has literally zero ftl fighting feats on comicvine. You can look for as long as you want. And before you grab a scan in which he and zoom were fighting all over the world in a second, Flash was amped by two speedsters in that occasion. And before you start with faster than thought, human thought has been measured to be as fast as a hummingbird flapping it's wings. I want a scan an actual photo saying Im moving at faster than light speeds, since thats exactly what you would ask for in a Dragonball thread is it not? But picoseconds and dismantling a gun is good enough?

I don't think writers use picoseconds in this manner. And picoseconds can be used as a unit for time as well as distance. I remember this topic has been discussed before.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3327  Edited By XiiX

@pooty: Oh, I know. They taught us as much in the damn 8th grade and I've seen it referenced as such pretty much everywhere else I've come across a metric of it in relation to light-speed/movement(on and offline), so I don't get what's so controversial about it, haha.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record another unpopular opinion of mine is that people who the sheer amount of dbz hate from some users is the ultimate act of hypocrisy on here. Just like other infamous battle characters like thanos people just repeat what they heard other people have said about Z fighters but in their case it's negative. And not because of a lack of feats but because of a dedicated refusal to accept any feats from DBZ characters out of sheer bias. It's inconsistent, it's hyperbole.

This hyperbole stuff. If superman is FTL post a scan. If flash can fight at FTL without being sucked into the speed force post the scan. If batmans prep has never failed post a scan. If superman one million can beat regular superman post feats that proves it. The most popular characters and their most known "they win because" arguments are almost always hyperbole. I've never had to exert myself, really galactus galaxy destroyer you never exerted yourself until thanos and you didn't even destroy the building you were standing in? Sounds like galactus is Inconstant trash.

What has thanos lifted that's heavy? But he's stronger than goku? Why? He hurt Thor? Why isn't that abc logic? If super saiyan goku blocked shots from Trunks, moments after he killed frieza, someone who didnt take a scratch from a planet exploding in his face surely that feat is worth something? No just abc logic and gokus thread get locked. Thanos shields held up to a known galaxy buster but no galaxy is busted, but thanos is tough. piccolo destroys a moon and fails to kill raditz. Raditz isn't tough piccolo is just inconsistent. The arguments in these locked DBz threads are so obviously heavily bias that you'd have to be a total moron not to see it.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex:

and here's a perfect example of someone who doesn't know the meaning of hyperbole...

You ask someone to post feats of wally speed blitzing someone in FTL, yet, there's nothing shown of Goku busting planets, or galaxys... Also King Kai's planet is literally the size of MAYBE a trailer park, that means nothing. Then you go on to tell me to watch DBZ? I ****ing own the manga from DB to the damn finish of DBZ... I own the entire series from DB to GT... I own every movie in multiple languages... Don't come at me stupid and assume crap... DBZ is hyperbole and ABC logic... It's all big words, and jack off factor that gets you fanboys to cream your pants. I'm a fan of DBZ but I know the limits... Goku kaiyocan't keep up with anyone herald level and above. Quit wanking.

Not quite but whatever you have to tell yourself over the sound of you pounding your keyboard. I do know the meaning unfortuantely people like you throw the word out whenever they can because they cant counter an argument.

Your argument about Goku isn't even remotely logical. You're comparing me asking for ftl flash scans to Goku a hero blowing up a solar system. Another argument that is used way too often. It's like asking why hasn't superman destroyed earth with his punches? If he could why would he?

As I already said Z fighters condense their energy attacks which you just completely glossed over when your responded to my post. Theyve done it from Gokus fight with King Piccolo all the way to Buu Saga and Battle of The Gods. Which only proves my point. No matter what is said or how many times you're corrected some people who hate dbz will just repeat the same things just to crap on it.

Yes Kais planet is small yet its gravity is ten times that of earth. Since the gravity cant possibly be from the size of the planet that would mean its extremely dense. Thanks 6th grade science class. None of this matters because its common knowledge that Kais planet has ten times earths gravity. Apparently the laws of gravity work everywhere except Dragonball? Is that where you were going with that argument? For the record I don't believe that you own a single manga or have watched the anime in its entirely. But that's just my opinion.

@jashro44 said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@xiix said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

I don't think writers use picoseconds in this manner. And picoseconds can be used as a unit for time as well as distance. I remember this topic has been discussed before.

The writers aren't mathematicians. Surfer has atomic strength and can use infrared light to see a teleporter which makes absolutely no sense science wise. And if their intent was to say flash was ftl, then they wouldn't have done so during V3 (which that scan is from) in which they did nothing but state how if flash went ftl he'd be sucked into the speed force. And just like picosecond cameras there's a German man who has invented a machine that boils water in half a picosecond. Does that mean this machine is ftl and faster than flash? If the writer wanted to convey flash is ftl then they should say he look flash is moving faster than light.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why_you_mad_tho: All of those scans are from flash Volume 2. As for saying if flash moves faster than light he gets sucked into the speed force its true that a couple of writers get that idea (at least I remember one writer [I think it was Johns?] not sure if that's popped up on other occasions) but this is often ignored by other writers. You're comparing the machines to the flash but in context as to what flash is doing and the manner in which the sentences are structured Waid isn't using picosecond as a unit for distance but a unit for time. I don't know anything about this machine which can boil water in a picosecond so I won't comment on it but flash disarming mirror master within a picosecond is a faster than light feat. I don't even disagree with the point that flash in character isn't as powerful as people argue he is but he is capable of fighting at faster than light speeds.

Are you getting your info from binder_full_of_woman out of curiosity?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman beats Superman seven or eight times out of ten.

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Elders of the Universe are overrated, I've read great part of their appearances by now, and they aren't powerful as people make them be, while some of them like Ego, Grandmaster, Runner and others does have good feats, it isn't much, they should be the most lame group and hated one by their own company.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku always loses

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3334 Sy8000  Online

@jashro44 said:

@why_you_mad_tho: All of those scans are from flash Volume 2. As for saying if flash moves faster than light he gets sucked into the speed force its true that a couple of writers get that idea (at least I remember one writer [I think it was Johns?] not sure if that's popped up on other occasions) but this is often ignored by other writers. You're comparing the machines to the flash but in context as to what flash is doing and the manner in which the sentences are structured Waid isn't using picosecond as a unit for distance but a unit for time. I don't know anything about this machine which can boil water in a picosecond so I won't comment on it but flash disarming mirror master within a picosecond is a faster than light feat. I don't even disagree with the point that flash in character isn't as powerful as people argue he is but he is capable of fighting at faster than light speeds.

Regarding Flash getting sucked into the speed force at FTL speeds, that was a limitation he had early in his carrer. He overcame it after getting the speed formula.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3335 frozen  Moderator
  • People wank MCU Black Widow's H2H skill despite the fact that it's level is limited to gauge due to one H2H showing against a featless Hawkeye
  • World Breaker Hulk is overrated
  • Wonder Woman is weaker than Superman
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3336 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:
  • Nolan Batman is underrated and most who argue against him (depends on condition) generally don't know what they're talking about (and also he is realistic, he's not)
  • Thor is not that slow. Sure, he's slow by powerhouse standards but some people have the idea that he's generally just slower than average people
  • Many people show their Batman hate too obviously
  • People use double standards with Captain America and Batman. If Captain America does it, it's evidence, if Batman does it, it's PIS

Agreed on all counts actually, though the idea of Thor just lumbering around and swinging his hammer at the speed of a slug while average Joe just gets confused makes me laugh.

Yup. It is quite funny - that's the perception that's come around though.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is more durable than Blue Marvel

I'm curious why you think this? Not looking to debate, after all it's not the purpose of this thread :)

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
  • People wank MCU Black Widow's H2H skill despite the fact that it's level is limited to gauge due to one H2H showing against a featless Hawkeye

Personally I think WBH is underrated on this forum. I agree on the last point, I assume you mean physically?

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

This is the hypocrisy I'm talking about. Show goku blowing up a planet. Show cell blowing up a solar system. Why wont anyone show flash going ftl in a fight? If he does it all the time it should be no problem. I keep getting picoseconds feats. Everyone here is assuming what a writers intent was. Wait? Why cant I assume Akira Toriyamas intent was that cell could destroy a solar system? Ive already seen scans in which on panel it specifically states he's traveling ftl and bad stuff happens. So which do I believe? The writer? Or comicvine users speaking for the writers? The 3 flashes vs superboy prime "I ha- haate speedsters" Prime. When wally had a race in space. When wally became trapped in the future. The time that barry and wally tried to outrun death. The time that wally tried to save his wife. They even retconned Barrys death to say it was because he went ftl and into the speed force. Multiple writers writing for multiple flashes. You had one? And no it was from a guy named 7th on comicbookresources who posted a blog in a thor vs vegeta thread. And some from rei on animevice

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@frozen said:

No, we wank to her Photos.

Yes.

That's not unpopular.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Wonder Woman is weaker than Superman

I don't think this is unpopular.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3342 frozen  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@frozen said:

No, we wank to her Photos.

Yes.

That's not unpopular.

Yes, well I don't blame anyone there but my point still stands

@frozen: Wonder Woman is weaker than Superman

I don't think this is unpopular.

I don't know, man. I've seen the notion of them being equal or Wonder Woman being a 'female Superman' tossed around.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3343  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

This is the hypocrisy I'm talking about. Show goku blowing up a planet. Show cell blowing up a solar system. Why wont anyone show flash going ftl in a fight? If he does it all the time it should be no problem. I keep getting picoseconds feats. Everyone here is assuming what a writers intent was. Wait? Why cant I assume Akira Toriyamas intent was that cell could destroy a solar system? Ive already seen scans in which on panel it specifically states he's traveling ftl and bad stuff happens. So which do I believe? The writer? Or comicvine users speaking for the writers? The 3 flashes vs superboy prime "I ha- haate speedsters" Prime. When wally had a race in space. When wally became trapped in the future. The time that barry and wally tried to outrun death. The time that wally tried to save his wife. They even retconned Barrys death to say it was because he went ftl and into the speed force. Multiple writers writing for multiple flashes. You had one? And no it was from a guy named 7th on comicbookresources who posted a blog in a thor vs vegeta thread. And some from rei on animevice

This isn't about DBZ. I don't think its a stretch goku is a solar system buster to be honest, its just hard to prove because they have never done it to my knowledge (I hear Bills destroyed a galaxy but I haven't seen battle of the gods). There definitely planet busters though.

As for your examples I would need to go through them when I have time but if what @highaccuser said is true flash doesn't have this limitation. And I was speaking about Wally and not Barry as well. The reason you are getting the picosecond feat is because they prove the point. Wally said he disarmed mirror master a picosecond ago. That sentence is clearly structure in a way which is designed to measure time not distance. All though in regards to the superboy prime thing I don't recall any mention that was because they were moving only slightly faster than light. They could have been moving trillions of times the speed of light for all we know IIRC. I'm not saying they were but we don't know how fast they had to run from what I recall.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spider-Man with prep >>>> Batman with same amount of prep >> Iron Man with same amount of prep > Black Panther with same amount of prep

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@jashro44 said:

This isn't about DBZ. I don't think its a stretch goku is a solar system buster to be honest, its just hard to prove because they have never done it to my knowledge (I hear Bills destroyed a galaxy but I haven't seen battle of the gods). There definitely planet busters though.

As for your examples I would need to go through them when I have time but if what @highaccuser said is true flash doesn't have this limitation. And I was speaking about Wally and not Barry as well. The reason you are getting the picosecond feat is because they prove the point. Wally said he disarmed mirror master a picosecond ago. That sentence is clearly structure in a way which is designed to measure time not distance. All though in regards to the superboy prime thing I don't recall any mention that was because they were moving only slightly faster than light. They could have been moving trillions of times the speed of light for all we know IIRC. I'm not saying they were but we don't know how fast they had to run from what I recall.

My unpopular opinion and my post to another user were about dragonball. I used Batman, Thanos and Superman too. "No one has made me exert myself." Galactus casually planet busted ships from whatever species Beta Rey Bill comes from. It's hyperbole yet accepted without question.

Z fighters condense their energy into a single point. When Goku fought Trunks he condensed all his energy into one finger. BOTG showed Goku charging his fist and destroying a planet with a punch. Raditz notes how Piccolo and Goku condense their energy into one point when he fought them. Trunks on panel says that Vegeta condensed his energy when he used his BBA on SF Cell. These feats have been repeated by so many people on here that I know them just like we all know thanos feats or lack thereof.

Akira Toriyama came out with a timeline post his manga that said Goku and Vegeta had one last fight and were able to cause stars to supernova. I say this in a debate and I'm sure you already know what follows. Hyperbole, inconsistent, not allowed. But I just spent the last couple of hours debating multiple members about one writers intent for a character written by dozens of people.

Picoseconds technology exists on our planet. A camera can record light at half a picosecond. That's faster than all the flash picoseconds feats posted. Have you heard any news stories about faster than light speed technology being invented? You guys aren't being 100.

I gave you many instances of the words Faster than light being used. Picoseconds from others. I can say I think the intent of the writer was to use picoseconds because he knows its the 90's and that sounds really fast. He didn't say faster than light because he knows that the flash cant go that fast canonically speaking.

When Cell comes back and beats the crap out of Gohan in front of a bunch of guys who can measure energy output, you assume he's telling the truth. Except that's hyperbole. So I guess you're using hyperbole.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why_you_mad_tho: But we were only responding to the part about flash. No one is responding to the part about DBZ. Thats not what we are disputing. As for me ignoring what you are saying I addressed what you said about technology. Honestly I don't know what context they are using picoseconds but if we have cameras which can track things in picoseconds.....Than OK. Thats not the same thing as moving within a picosecond though. The math would add up to faster than light speeds.

The proof is the way the sentence is structured in a way which is referring to time. You haven't actually addressed this.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the Unpoplular Battle Opinion Thread.. not the "Even though i've been proven wrong, i'll still believe what I want to believe" thread.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@why_you_mad_tho: But we were only responding to the part about flash. No one is responding to the part about DBZ. Thats not what we are disputing. As for me ignoring what you are saying I addressed what you said about technology. Honestly I don't know what context they are using picoseconds but if we have cameras which can track things in picoseconds.....Than OK. Thats not the same thing as moving within a picosecond though. The math would add up to faster than light speeds.

The proof is the way the sentence is structured in a way which is referring to time. You haven't actually addressed this.

If that's the case I'll wrap this up quickly. In the flash vs zoom scan it says "Giving him a billionth of a second lead" that's nanoseconds. Light travels 30 centimeters in 1 nanosecond. The scan ends with flash who has moved several meters if not more, hitting zoom and stating he was traveling "at light speed". So what you're trying to say is that the writer, who says flash is going light speed really meant that light speed is faster than light speed?

In another scan posted here it says "the whole fight took place in a picosecond" Can you or anyone else here explain how fast 1 picosecond is compared to light? Especially when no distance traveled is given? Something you need to know when trying to determine an objects speed. But some how it's a faster than light speed feat?

Then there's a scan that hasn't been posted of flash saving a bunch of people from a nuclear explosion. It says he was going .00001 microseconds. It takes 3 microseconds for light to travel 1000 meters, way further then flash took those civilians. What should be an ftl feat by your standards is clearly stated to be below light speed by the writer.

Proof would be the many instances I've given with the words "faster than light" being used. Not the scans posted here.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3349  Edited By Kangconquers

Thanos would tank a Martian Manhunter TK attack, and swat him like a small child.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

debating against iceman in a battle forum is getting impossible.