Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2651 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Hulk and thor are gradually getting closer to each other in terms of power and currently hulk would beat him (thor doesn't have mjolnir).

Taskmaster would beat most street levelers and is occasionally underrated.

I view world breaker hulk and world war hulk as seperate entities due to the power gap.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Team battles (unless specifically stated) they will rarely, if ever, play out as linear as people view it. In movies, shows, and even comics, it is uncommon that it goes, "1A vs 2A, 1A wins. And in 1B vs 2B, 1B wins. Therefore; team 1 wins!"

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

In Team battles (unless specifically stated) they will rarely, if ever, play out as linear as people view it. In movies, shows, and even comics, it is uncommon that it goes, "1A vs 2A, 1A wins. And in 1B vs 2B, 1B wins. Therefore; team 1 wins!"

QFT

I say this a lot but people tend to ignore it. I understand why it get's broken down like that so often, team battles in truth have too many variables to really nail down. But it's really an overly simplistic view of a team match dynamic, In a real team battle team mates are gonna cover for each other at least half the time, not square off and if they are outmatched proceed to get their teeth kicked in instead of calling for a potential assist.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2654  Edited By Cosmic_Lantern

1. People that nerf characters for no reason MAINLY Marvel haters.

2. People who buff characters for no reason MAINLY DC characters.

3. The supes d-ride:

(see this) Supes vs everything

4. Arguing that anything besides TOAA, The presence, and MoM beats PR beyonder, it just is a refutable fact that no other being is above him and putting anything against him is spite, because you already know the outcome. Destroying a multiverse with a thought > ANY feat you could possibly think of.

No Caption Provided

5. Reprehensible Anime crossover's:

For example Sasuke uses Sharingan on Luffy.

"It doesnt coun't Luffy doesn't have chakra!"

6. Idiots.

7. Scanless idiots.

8. The Orion + ALE = unstoppable argument. If a character is omniscient wouldn't they just know the ALE or symbol of hope in the first place invalidating this?

9. Attempting to argue that lantern ring > Power cosmic, theirs absolutely no way, even with enough will power kyle has been trumped countless times. An insane Genis would DESTROY Kyle, Hal, john, and guy easily, YES im aware that hal beat the entire justice league.

10. Lastly, the A > B so A > C arguments are a no, for example storm beat wonder woman so does that mean she can toss Super girl around?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_lantern:

PR Beyonder isn't a thing, a Retcon means he was never that powerful and your points contradict.

Beyonder has never been infallible, it fact he has been portrayed as someone who isn't that bright so why is he unstoppable without omniscience and yet in one your other points a character isn't.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

-Gamora is a more skilled Warrior than Wonder Woman.

- Cyborg Superman can't beat Thanos.

- Any TP feat where Martian Manhunter affects a Skyfather level or above character is PiS

- Silver Surfer can't beat Darksied or Adam Warlock

- speed equalized Thor takes Superman most versions of Superman 7/10.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2657  Edited By Sy8000  Online

@kangconquers:

- Cyborg Superman can't beat Thanos.

- speed equalized Thor takes Superman most versions of Superman 7/10.

I don't really think these are unpopular honestly.

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@xxacid_spitxx:

. . . I'm sorry but what are you replying to again? I haven't posted in this thread in a while now, and I can't remember the last thing I did post. O_O

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2660 Sy8000  Online

The whole Justice league would curbstomp Thanos.

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Star Wars EU threads on comicvine because mostly everyone that post knows little to nothing about the EU (I miss the days when @Silver2467: , @Jedixman: and @Shootingnova: used to have classic EU debates =( Though most of the times I just watched and learned from the masters)

Luke Skywalker and Palpatine in there prime would beat guy's like Superman,Thor, Wonder Woman;etc.

Ben 10 and He-Man are way too overrated.

Haha I apologize I definitely should have quoted you because this was posted over a year ago. But Luke or Sidious could beat some of these guys depending on what versions they are. Many high tear characters fall victim to TP. BTW i completely agree with HE-man being overrated.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2662  Edited By Cosmic_Lantern

@dextersinister: Uh what? Where in your minuscule vocabulary did you even insinuate that retcon is a status of power? PR meaning PRE-retcon, retcon means the writer re-framed the past of the continuity for the story. It would be easier to say classic beyonder though.

As for defeating him well the ONLY way to defeat classic beyonder is to make him believe he can be defeated, even then he could simply undo that after he was defeated making it seem as if it had never happened. Ill let the scans do the talking.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As in each member solo, or together?

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Black Bolt is kind of a glass canon, and if most people he's paired against get close within melee range of him, he's screwed.

- Any character in this grouping has enough fire power or physical power to knock out any other character in this grouping: Superman, Wonder Woman, Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, Thor, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill.

- Blood Lusted Thor 10/10s The Hulk.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2665  Edited By Sy8000  Online

@highaccuser said:

Together.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2666  Edited By Bluejay4

@mkr: Spider-Man is quite powerful for a street leveler but anybody who says his reaction time is on par with Alucards is trolling or on drugs.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2667  Edited By Kangconquers

@highaccuser said:

@kangconquers said:

@highaccuser said:

Together.

I think if their team work is impeccable, they can beat him. But they definitely lose members. If they fight like Superhero teams usually fight, they get thrashed.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2668  Edited By Dextersinister

@cosmic_lantern:

Uh what? Where in your minuscule vocabulary did you even insinuate

pretentious much.

retcon means the writer re-framed the past of the continuity for the story. It would be easier to say classic beyonder though.

Classic Thor has actually existed at some point in continuity. As far as continuity is concerned this character has never existed the same way Dr Doom has never lost to Dazzler.

and before you compare with DC pre-crisis characters have also existed within continuity, they just no longer exist within the setting, effectively reality warped away.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I do not believe the common opinion that Buuhan is more powerful than KId Buu. People often deny he's the ultimate form of Buu by saying, "Kid Buu is not the last form because he is chronology the first form".

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Consistently to the best of their ability" does not mean you cite 1(or 2) instances of a character performing at levels that completely and utterly dwarf their showings that are in no way hobbled/afflicted with PIS, CIS, WIS, etc.

In other words; most Viners need to look up what the word "consistently" means(within the stipulations of the battle-boards).

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Most Skyfather tier characters and Upper Cosmic tier characters have virtually the same power feats, and are only separated by who beats who in battle. This makes it very hard to gauge any DC vs. Marvel Skyfather + battle, as it becomes increasingly lost in a round of ABC logic.

- DC doesn't have as clearly defined of a tier system as Marvel (not an unpopular opinion, just an observation.)

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

"Consistently to the best of their ability" does not mean you cite 1(or 2) instances of a character performing at levels that completely and utterly dwarf their showings that are in no way hobbled/afflicted with PIS, CIS, WIS, etc.

In other words; most Viners need to look up what the word "consistently" means(within the stipulations of the battle-boards).

And to add to this, consistent performance beats Paper Logic. Just because a character looks good on paper, doesn't mean they can actually beat another character. It's not PiS if it happens all the time.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2673  Edited By renamed040924

Goku = da bes

Sooperdooperman = da wors

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Blood-lusted" arguments for characters who are never blood-lusted are silly.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all my spidey fans agree. spiderman can beat firelord. it's cannon. it happened.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the comic vine dr. doom is a lot more powerful than the cannon dr. doom who loses to the fantastic 4 and spiderman.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2677  Edited By XiiX

Classic Dr. Strange is one of the most consistently overrated characters feat-wise. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'd beat Odin, much less anyone exceedingly more powerful.

If I have to hear him mentioned in the same breath and/or sentence as The Living Tribunal or Eternity one more time............................

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Environmental feats (Planet busting, Lifting feats etc) aren't nearly as important to hypothetical battles as victories and losses in on panel battles.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the term planet buster is dumb since characters don't go usually around busting planets. most heroes try to save planets.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think based on recent feats spider-man can beat namor for a majority.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if u have to put 'speed equalized' in an op then that's a clue that your favorite character shouldn't be in a battle with the other character. put your character in fights with characters on his level.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if u have to put 'speed equalized' in an op then that's a clue that your favorite character shouldn't be in a battle with the other character. put your character in fights with characters on his level.

1000 times, this.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44 said:

You think Peter's consistent striking feats are up to par? Because that what it comes down too.....

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Environmental feats (Planet busting, Lifting feats etc) aren't nearly as important to hypothetical battles as victories and losses in on panel battles.

YES YES YES!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2686  Edited By jashro44

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

You think Peter's consistent striking feats are up to par? Because that what it comes down too.....

Namor hasn't been impressive recently. And SpOck seemed capable of hurting him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that statements of power are just fine in comics and most manga, but every single line of dialogue in DBZ is a massive hyperbole is the definition of bullshit.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

@kangconquers said:

YES YES YES!

If we went on Environmental destruction, Odin would be above Celestials, and Silver Surfer would be above Thanos...and we've seen how those veritable stomps went down.

doctormatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer > Dr. Manhattan

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

@kangconquers said:

YES YES YES!

If we went on Environmental destruction, Odin would be above Celestials, and Silver Surfer would be above Thanos...and we've seen how those veritable stomps went down.

Well than we run into all sorts of faulty ideas like since X character was through a planetary explosion, than it takes at least a planetary level attack or more to put them down, when time and again, in real battles, that's not the case. Environmental feats are almost always WAY more spectacular than their battle feats (the very ones that should be the primary determiner for all hypothetical battles on CV)

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2691 Sy8000  Online

I doesn't make the slightest difference how fast a speedster is moving when they get tagged, the point isn't about them hitting something that fast, it's that the person threw a punch at speeds beyond their reaction time.

Quasar can't beat Green Lanterns for sh!t.

Bullseye is underrated.

New 52 Superman is in no way more powerful than Pre-new 52 and I'm baffled as to how anyone can think he is.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2692  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@highaccuser: I don't think that last one is unpopular, most people agree that pre-52 would win. The only thing that new-52 has over his counterpart is his strength tbh.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2693 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Hulk is somehow one of the most overrated characters on comicvine yet also one of the most underrated. It's gotten to the point where battles involving him (mainly against dc) have people either saying he stomps, or he gets stomped.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doesn't make the slightest difference how fast a speedster is moving when they get tagged, the point isn't about them hitting something that fast, it's that the person threw a punch at speeds beyond their reaction time.

Speedsters don't always have their reactions sped up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@christianrapper said:

1000 times, this.

*CoughHulkCough*

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2696  Edited By Asmodeus12345

-Satannish would defeat all the other Hell-Lords in 1v1 fight (Dormammu being a exception), since the truth is that he have better feats than them. Heck, I even think he can be close to Cyttorak( Mostly because of the War of the Seven Spheres, Satannish was there too.)

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2697 Sy8000  Online

@jashro44 said:

@highaccuser said:

Speedsters don't always have their reactions sped up.

Reactions don't "speed up". That's what speedsters describe it as but that's not how reflexes work. What they're really doing is shifting their perception. And that only applies to high level speedsters. Speed demon for instance, can't speed up his perceptions, so tagging him is indictive of throwing blows beyond his reaction speed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2699  Edited By laflux

@highaccuser said:

Quasar can't beat Green Lanterns for sh!t.

Bullseye is underrated.

New 52 Superman is in no way more powerful than Pre-new 52 and I'm baffled as to how anyone can think he is.

I don't know enough about Quasar to say. I know he has good telepathic resistance, Nanosecond reaction time and has moved around planets, but those are Carte Blank feats for many GL's. Floopay was a Quasar expert, shame he's not around all that much

Eh, he jobs sometimes I guess. But he does have adamantuim laced bones, which is a plus :)

I'm pretty sure New-52 is stronger than Pre New-52 but I think Pre Flashpoint wins.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I can see SpOck winning due to claws.