Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jashro44:

Cool! Thanks for those!

There are probably more instances I am sure. Are the scans from our worlds at war there where he blitzes monguel and toys with him using speed?

There are more instances i know of that I just haven't found the scans for. The scans of him blitzing Mongul is from Our worlds at war, the one where he toys with him with speed(I actually just used that scan for him blitzing Bizarro since what he did with Mongul wasn't really a blitz)is from the never ending battle I think.

Yeah that's right, I still need to find the OWAW scans but I have the Neverending ones already.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2502  Edited By Tyger

@comic_bruh777 said:

@justsomerandomkid: yeah that's what everyone says but has SS actually ever drained the solar energy out of anyone idk? Also supes is much stronger and fast enough to get in close range and take him out using heat vision the whole time as a bonus:)

Solar in particular? No. But he's jacked with the energy based physical powers of Hulk and Wonder Man, there was a more versatile character named Sympira in a mail order one-shot that he left powerless. Gladiator didn't test him when Surfer said he could jack him up.

Also, Surfer chills in the heart of a star. Superman's heat vision supposedly is the temp of the surface.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

@jashro44:

Cool! Thanks for those!

There are probably more instances I am sure. Are the scans from our worlds at war there where he blitzes monguel and toys with him using speed?

There are more instances i know of that I just haven't found the scans for. The scans of him blitzing Mongul is from Our worlds at war, the one where he toys with him with speed(I actually just used that scan for him blitzing Bizarro since what he did with Mongul wasn't really a blitz)is from the never ending battle I think.

Yeah that's right, I still need to find the OWAW scans but I have the Neverending ones already.

What OWAW scans do you need? Because I got the scans of superman blitzing the imperiex probes from you and Killemall(granted they're pretty easy to find).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

@jashro44:

Cool! Thanks for those!

What OWAW scans do you need? Because I got the scans of superman blitzing the imperiex probes from you and Killemall(granted they're pretty easy to find).

Only the ones of Superman fighting Mongul Jr after they fought an Imperiex Probe. I'm lacking those and I don't think they're that easy to find.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

@jashro44:

Cool! Thanks for those!

Only the ones of Superman fighting Mongul Jr after they fought an Imperiex Probe. I'm lacking those and I don't think they're that easy to find.

Oh that. Yeah the only scan of that I've seen is from my JLA vs JSA thread where he pressure points Mongul.

JuxtMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Sportsmaster loses every fight.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: gotcha. I didn't think surfer would be harmed by the heat vision but rather something to put in his face while superman closes the distance. So I guess we don't know for sure if he can drain superman but assuming he can, would superman beat silver surfer in your opinion if surfer doesn't drain him? Also assuming SS can drain him would he be able to do so if they fight in a star?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: I think, in most cases, Superman is the more powerful, but that Surfer would win more in a 'rock/paper/scissors' style. I also think that is the reason why there wasn't a 'Superman vs Herald' fight despite there being 3 opportunities. (Superman/FF, Darkseid/Galactus, and a direct Superman/SS book.) Inside a star could actually make things worse for Clark, as it would make Surfer's ability to use his Cosmic Awareness to analyze the reaction between those energies and Kryptonian physiology that much easier.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

@jashro44:

Cool! Thanks for those!

Oh that. Yeah the only scan of that I've seen is from my JLA vs JSA thread where he pressure points Mongul.

Same here, I have that saved under Superman's skill feats.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is overrated to high heaven. He's someone with Wonder Woman level stats and powers he can't properly use in combat. People use the showing of him beating void to justify him being more powerful, but that's completely out of line with his other showings and was only really a mental battle anyway.

Shang-Chi is massively underrated. I can understand that he loses to the likes of Batman, Captain America, Daredevil, etc. but then I see him put beneath Conner Hawke and Nightwing being called a good fight for him and that's just wrong. I sustain that a fight between him and daredevil can go either way with Matt being slightly more skilled and agile while Shang is more physically dominant.

There need to be more battles with Batman and Majestic. I can never get a read on how they're rated because there's so few.

Getting a read on Kraven's power level is virtually impossible.

Superboy Prime is ridiculously underrated. Seriously, at this point he loses battles to basically anyone superior to Superman.

The Mod Saren is very unpredicatable in what threads he chooses to comment on.

isnt connor hawke above nightwing h2h? batman said somehting like he's the second best h2h fighter in dc universe though his feats are not that good.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Sentry is overrated to high heaven. He's someone with Wonder Woman level stats and powers he can't properly use in combat. People use the showing of him beating void to justify him being more powerful, but that's completely out of line with his other showings and was only really a mental battle anyway.

Shang-Chi is massively underrated. I can understand that he loses to the likes of Batman, Captain America, Daredevil, etc. but then I see him put beneath Conner Hawke and Nightwing being called a good fight for him and that's just wrong. I sustain that a fight between him and daredevil can go either way with Matt being slightly more skilled and agile while Shang is more physically dominant.

There need to be more battles with Batman and Majestic. I can never get a read on how they're rated because there's so few.

Getting a read on Kraven's power level is virtually impossible.

Superboy Prime is ridiculously underrated. Seriously, at this point he loses battles to basically anyone superior to Superman.

The Mod Saren is very unpredicatable in what threads he chooses to comment on.

isnt connor hawke above nightwing h2h? batman said somehting like he's the second best h2h fighter in dc universe though his feats are not that good.

He's well above Nightwing. When Shiva dropped Dick with one hit Conner held his own against her, and while Dick was on the ground beaten by Silver Monkey Conner overpowered him. It's just that being above Nightwing doesn't make him more skilled than Shang, someone far above Nightwing. He's not the second best, in fact he's probably one of the worst top level fighters with his limited feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: It was actually the bamboo monkey that nightwing fought.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@highaccuser: It was actually the bamboo monkey that nightwing fought.

That actually explains why Conner beat him way easier than he did Silver Monkey. I don't know all that much about Conner.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: cool. I'm slowly starting to like the silver guy. Slowly lol. I wonder how your average SS would do against superman prime or even prime one million he seems overpowered but idk about THAT much

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'ma bump this just so I can get this off my back.

Iron Fist, Wolverine, and Black Panther all beat Kaine.

@wolverine08 there, I admitted it. You happy?

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Killer's Penance stare and himself are too overrated

Thanos, Silver Surfer, Batman (w/ prep), some Green Lanterns and Juggernaut are also too overrated.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2517  Edited By Karazyn

i think that combat speed is being overhyped by a lot of posters

i don't think that characters like superman can throw all too many punches in a short timespan.... posters always assume that because superman has nanoseconds reaction he can move equally fast but as humans we also react faster than we can move... we react a lot faster...... so while superman is fast, he still should not be able to punch someone a million times in a second...... if he throws 10-20 punches in a second i would be impressed!

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Silver surfer would effortlessly beat any version of sentry

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soul Crush should be allowed when it's a Bleach character vs another Bleach character. Since that actually matters in those type of fights.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mezame said:

i don't think that characters like superman can throw all too many punches in a short timespan.... posters always assume that because superman has nanoseconds reaction he can move equally fast but as humans we also react faster than we can move... we react a lot faster...... so while superman is fast, he still should not be able to punch someone a million times in a second...... if he throws 10-20 punches in a second i would be impressed!

Superman isn't human. He can move ftl when he wants. In comics powerhouses move far faster than they react.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'ma bump this just so I can get this off my back.

Iron Fist, Wolverine, and Black Panther all beat Kaine.

@wolverine08 there, I admitted it. You happy?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NOW UNTO SPIDER-MAN!

SPIDERS SHALL FALL!

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2522  Edited By Kangconquers

Superman, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner and Thor all have ways to beat Silver Surfer, and would all beat him at least 3/10. Silver Surfer has absolutely no way to defeat any higher level team busters and would lose 10/10 to Darkseid, Thanos, Isis Black Adam, Superman Prime, Despero or any legitimate teambusters.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2523  Edited By laflux

1.Complaining that a character wins because he is much more popular isn't enough of a counter to say the less character wins, unless you have valid reasoning to back why the less character wins.

2.Even if you do, the said complaining is not needed

3. Often the much more popular character tends to win- if they are comparable, as he/she has a greater variety of feats in his/her universe against oppenents who have had a greater opportunity to establish themselves and gain noteworthy feats in and of themselves. It doesn't mean that there is a bias, sometimes that's just how life goes....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

1.Complaining that a character wins because he is much more popular isn't enough of a counter to say the less character wins, unless you have valid reasoning to back why the less character wins.

3. Often the much more popular character tends to win- if they are comparable, as he/she has a greater variety of feats in his/her universe against oppenents who have had a greater opportunity to establish themselves and gain noteworthy feats in and of themselves. It doesn't mean that there is a bias, sometimes that's just how life goes....

LIES!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Haha.

Off Topic, but looking forward to Raw? Or are you going to watch NFL :p

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame said:

Superman isn't human. He can move ftl when he wants. In comics powerhouses move far faster than they react.

only when it comes to traveling in a straight line in deep space and even there superman would not be able to react to the planets in front of him if we go by your statement

superman is an alien and so are silver surfer and martian manhunter but all of these characters should be reacting to something faster than being able to act upon it if that makes sense just like a regular human...... you can turn your head and register a tennis ball approaching you in close range but you won't be able to move your arm and hand quick enough to block it...... so why should that be any different for superman? of course he has the speed to stop the tennis ball since he is super fast but that doesn't mean that he can punch you seriously 100000000000 times in a millisecond just because he reacts in nanoseconds.... even for speedsters there should be a vast time gap when it comes to reaction and action

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2528  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux said:

@wolverine08: Haha.

Off Topic, but looking forward to Raw? Or are you going to watch NFL :p

I'll switch between both :)

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

So in your opinion, if you put a high tier character like Silver Surfer or Thor against an upper level, featless cosmic character, like the Watcher or the Stranger, who wins? Does implied power matter at all?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

So in your opinion, if you put a high tier character like Silver Surfer or Thor against an upper level, featless cosmic character, like the Watcher or the Stranger, who wins? Does implied power matter at all?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2531  Edited By Night4345

@mezame: This is comics, doesn't have to be realistic or make any bit of sense.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think batman with lots of prep can actually beat the hulk(regular green hulk). Most of ppl may get angry on me for this one, but he can. I'm not saying he can solo Odin/dbz/superman prime/Galactus.but he can take hulk with prep.

No one agrees as green monster has no apparent weakness bat can think of, they say. Plus angrier hulk gets stronger he gets ,to destroy bats plans (made worth lots of prep) in a second.

People will keep on hating bats just bcoz they can't take him being so good.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2533  Edited By VenomousTaco

Doctor Manhattan > Captain Atom > Silver Surfer

:-)

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Manhattan > Captain Atom > Silver Surfer

:-)

I will say this, Captain Atom definitely has fewer humiliating losses than Silver Surfer.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: Yeah. I mean, I'm not low-balling Surfer, he's incredibly powerful, but he's also been terribly inconsistent over the years.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: Yeah. I mean, I'm not low-balling Surfer, he's incredibly powerful, but he's also been terribly inconsistent over the years.

Well when you've been one-shotted by Thor and Adam Warlock, and schooled by every Trans, Skyfather, and Cosmic level character who looks at you, it's a pretty consistent definition. The Silver Surfer of the Comicvine doesn't exist. There's no Justice League soloing, Asgardian genociding, Superboy Prime draining Silver Surfer. He's just not on that level.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: which is to say, they all lose to Peter.

RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner and Thor all have ways to beat Silver Surfer, and would all beat him at least 3/10. Silver Surfer has absolutely no way to defeat any higher level team busters and would lose 10/10 to Darkseid, Thanos, Isis Black Adam, Superman Prime, Despero or any legitimate teambusters.

*Cough* Not true.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeadIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman cannot be bfrd, is omnipresent, can create absolute zero, and has the ability to manipulate matter enough to transmute mjolnir into ice.

The hulk is the strongest, its a plot device. It will always be true even if it is ridiculous, physical strength the hulk wins. Deal with it.

deadpool is a good fighter. Just crazy.

Thor is not invincible!!!

Colossus is underrated

The flash is not a god. He cannot beat most top tiers and even bloodlusted his first instinct is not to speedforce dump people.

Wolverine is super strong and can hit hard enough to knock out 60-80 tonners like roughhouse without using his claws in a straight out brawl.

Captain america is not peak human. He is well beyond human ability.

Dbz characters are planet busters.

Quicksilver is underrated

Superman doesnt win because he is superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman beats Wolverine.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: *Cough* Not true.

Why not?

Neither of the lanterns have a way to put him down. While surfer has a multitude of ways to beat them

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2546  Edited By BlackWind

Avatar characters are starting to get just a little bit too overrated on here. People like Azula and Katara are the main offenders. I have no clue why people are starting to ignore how slow and fragile they are.

As much as I love the character, King Bradley is starting to get a bit more love than necessary as well.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

planet buster is getting over used. most characters who are anywhere near superman's level can bust a planet. they don't do because it's supposed to be a rare feat. also, heroes don't go around busting up planets. that would just be dumb.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: heroes don't go around busting up planets

Tell that to Bruce 'Worldbreaker" Banner.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: heroes don't go around busting up planets

Tell that to Bruce 'Worldbreaker" Banner.

the hulk is different. he gets so strong that just walking puts holes in planets. i think that has a lot to do with the hulk lack of control. superman has learned to control himself.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

planet buster is getting over used. most characters who are anywhere near superman's level can bust a planet. they don't do because it's supposed to be a rare feat. also, heroes don't go around busting up planets. that would just be dumb.

^^^^^^^^^^^^