#101 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@darkraiden said:

3. Yeah but Omniversal power plus he's beaten very powerful people while powerless.

5. I mean he's not galaxy busting level, he's not your average Skyfather level, he's at best the weakest Skyfather IMO

6. I don't know, he did steal an Omnipotent's powers....

7. That's a good point but......oddly enough I don't consider all heralds to be Herald Level if that makes any sense.....Herald is the level I see used for the Surfer/Zoom (in some people's mind) level where it's below Thanos and yet above top tier like Superman

13. That's the thing....he's taken hits from Hulk and outright embarrassed Thing before and it makes sense because in a way he has superhuman durability as instead of absorbing damage, it simply makes a copy. Seems like a dangerous combo to me

14. Logically though if someone touches her skin at all during the punch (should it be a physical attack), she should absorb enough power in that slight moment to survive and be conscious and the drain more powers.

Oh and I agree that, concerning Amazo, it's bad writing in a way but....it's still unbeatable technically. Also I think with prep knowledge is kinda implied since prep time is usually used to gather knowledge.

And I had some more:

1. Shuma Gorath is multiversal, damn near omniversal and nigh unbeatable

2. YYH are easy planet busters ad approaching Lightspeed if not FTL

3. No one in DBZ is near lightspeed or planet level durability

4. Wolverine can't beat any skilled fighters with or w/e his claws and regen. Sorry it's just the way he's written. Getting beaten by Storm and Cyclops w/o their powers is bad

5. Phoenix (most iterations) are top tier at best and Thor and Surfer and the like would destroy her

6. Thor is FTL in combat

7. Surfer is FTL in combat

8. Thanos is FTL reactions

9. Hulk can have FTL reactions

10. 99% of wikis are reliable sources

11. Trigon is a multiversal entity that would destroy Galactus with ease

12. Deathstroke>Deadpool>>>>Batman

13. Dr. Manhattan can't even beat Iron Man or Human Torch

14. Superboy Prime is mid herald level at best

15. Dante is low mid tier at best and lacks feats

16. Same with Kratos

17. Asura is top tier but goes no further

18. Darwin w/o PIS should be unbeatable

19. Flash (anyone with time travel and/or dimension travel) should be nigh unbeatable with prep

20. Lex Luthor>>>Batman with prep ( as in better at prepping)

21. Deathstroke>>>.Batman with prep

22. Tony Stark >>>Batman with prep ( as in better at prepping)

I'm not even gonna....

No no please do.

It would derail the thread.

I agree with 7 if Surfer isn't jobbing, 8, but the rest are patently untrue.

#102 Edited by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is underrated on this site as far as battle forums go. In a random encounter, Batman shouldn't be able to beat Cyclops. Cykes should take a large majority and I just him find on another plane of power due to his abilities.

#103 Posted by green_skaar (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

It would derail the thread.

Thank you for staying on topic!

Reminder, this thread is not to debate others unpopular opinions, rather to give your own or agree with others. Thanks!

#104 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: @dratini1331 Whaaaat? Doesn't Batman have "Mastered" 127 techniques? I ask because it's one thing to "know' and different to "Master" If you faced someone who had mastered your martial arts styles and has 4 extra, he's not only going to be able to counter your techniques, but has 4 extra skills to attack you with as well as a whole new load of arsenal to counter any techniques you may be better at than him. Those people you beat who knew more, weren't masters at their techniques, same with who beat you(except vice versa). A jack of all trades will always be defeated by a master of few, but a master of all will beat both at the same time.

Any ways, here's my opinions

WWH beats Superman in a tough battle, both pre and new 52. WB demolishes

VG characters aren't used enough. this is the battle section, i come here to see battles. If i went to off-topic, i would expect to see some topics on games, but battles should go here, that's how i feel at least, and besides, VG characters are dope.

I guess for the most part i agree with general consensus on things around here.

#105 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is underrated on this site as far as battle forums go. In a random encounter, Batman shouldn't be able to beat Cyclops. Cykes should take a large majority and I just him find on another plane of power due to his abilities.

The best part is Ult. Cyclops w/Ult. Banshee doing the same against the Ult. Phoenix as the Ult. Phoenix was against the Ult. Silver Surfer

#107 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: @dratini1331 Whaaaat? Doesn't Batman have "Mastered" 127 techniques? I ask because it's one thing to "know' and different to "Master" If you faced someone who had mastered your martial arts styles and has 4 extra, he's not only going to be able to counter your techniques, but has 4 extra skills to attack you with as well as a whole new load of arsenal to counter any techniques you may be better at than him. Those people you beat who knew more, weren't masters at their techniques, same with who beat you(except vice versa). A jack of all trades will always be defeated by a master of few, but a master of all will beat both at the same time.

The thing is that fights are unpredictable and martial arts have hundreds of thousands of techniques. "Mastery" doesn't mean you automatically counter everything possible or that you have a guarantee of winning. People who are less skilled can still win. There's also lots of Overlap in martial arts.

Mastery of Kodokan Judo and Brazilian Jujitsu doesn't mean you beat someone who is just mastering one or the other, since both are so extremely similar. For instance, If I were to give you two videos, and have you guess which martial art was Aikido and which was hapkido, 90% of people would likely have a tough time telling the difference.

God forbid you force them to do Aikijujitsu and Hapkido. There's just an absolute crap ton of overlap, and we could sit here and list them. What difference is there between the kicks of Taekwondo and Karate? The punches of Boxing and Krav Maga? It's almost entirely the same. A punch is a punch is a punch.

As for the idea of Master of All, we don't know since we aren't capable of that as human beings, so I can't comment on that.

The point is, knowing, or "mastering", more does not give you auto-wins.

#108 Edited by Wolverine08 (45069 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds said:

VG characters aren't used enough. this is the battle section, i come here to see battles. If i went to off-topic, i would expect to see some topics on games, but battles should go here, that's how i feel at least, and besides, VG characters are dope.

No, I said it once, and I'll say it again, knowing more styles then somebody does not make you a better fighter than them. As long as you have completely mastered your own unique fighting style to the point where it is second nature and you can use it to counter any style thrown at you , you can beat somebody who knows 300 martial arts, while you know only know 3.

#109 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller is overrated and is not even a top 15 maybe even 20 Force user.

#110 Posted by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller is overrated and is not even a top 15 maybe even 20 Force user.

With Starkiller being one of my faves, yeaaah. Not many people know the real context behind most of his feats.

#111 Posted by dondave (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds said:

No, I said it once, and I'll say it again, knowing more styles then somebody does not make you a better fighter than them. As long as you have completely mastered your own unique fighting style to the point where it is second nature and you can use it to counter any style thrown at you , you can beat somebody who knows 300 martial arts, while you know only know 3.

Why do you think Batman doesn't have his own personal fighting style?

#112 Edited by green_skaar (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl threads should be banned. They aren't funny or cute, they are annoying.

#113 Posted by westy206 (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't beat Gatactus even with unlimited prep.

Hulks strength isn't unlimited.

Magneto should have beat Iron man

Iron mans extremis armour is one of the worst ideas ever.

DC villains are incredibly lame. I mean 90% of them.

Why don't we see characters like stingray and Sauron (Marvel) mentioned in more fights?

I hate that nearly all heroes from marvel are American citizens. It's crazy lol NY has more heroes than Paris has police officers.

#114 Edited by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

That's why you don't see us participating in debates much these days.

#115 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Indeed, when people say he is"THE MOST POWAFUL FORCE USER EVA" most of that comes from the fact people has just played the game and never. Now if people want to talk about underrated on the battle forum that would be Satele Shan. God I love her xD

#116 Posted by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Because Satele is a freaking beast. Especially in her Grandmaster days.

#117 Posted by Wolverine08 (45069 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@wolverine08 said:

@soothing_sounds said:

Why do you think Batman doesn't have his own personal fighting style?

I do believe that Batman has his own personal style that he uses. Like all great fighters, he has made a fighting style that he can use against anyone, and that is why he is one of the best fighters in comics. What I was pointing out was erroneous idea that if a character knows more martial arts than somebody else, they are automatically the better fighter. People like to use this a lot with Batman and his mastery of 127 styles, and quite frankly, it's annoying.

#118 Edited by BullPR (1476 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Marvel vs DC battles.

Aaaah, I feel much better!

#119 Edited by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

He's only one of your favorites because it annoys me so much.

#120 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh Stop making Storm out to be supa weak when she actually very strong just because of fans.

#121 Edited by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Psh, don't flatter yourself too much. I enjoy mindless hack and slash games and I'm a huge fan of Sam Witwer. So meh :P.

#122 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I noticed and honestly I can't blame you. Most of the time you see people discrediting EU (Even though this is a comic site and the comics are EU) refusing canon (people saying Luke is not the most powerful Jedi and Darth Bane is the most powerful Sith while Sidious is 3-4) Or just flat out ignorant on the lore in general.

#123 Posted by green_skaar (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

Established teams (e.g. X-Men, Avengers, FF, JL, etc.) are much more powerful than the sum of their parts.

#124 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: @thedarklordpandamonium: @wolverine08: I don't debate batman battles, everyones already there. But if a man knows 127 styles, i hope he can make one up too. Wouldn't even be hard.

Since i'm not a martial arts master, i can't really have this argument, especially since in real life i've already debated for your side of the argument(I still think a Boxer can beat an MMA fighter if they train specifically for one)

#125 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds: Meh, I don't doubt he could make his own style. My only point is that a lot of styles have overlap and are very similar. knowing more of the same doesn't help you.

#126 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Hey man if they were EXACTLY the same, it would be the same technique. With two styles of overlapping techniques and similarities, what you did was just take out any slight imperfections that one or the other had, and you probably gained some smoother transitions.

#127 Posted by green_skaar (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want to discuss martial arts, start a new thread please. This thread has a purpose and martial arts debates isn't it. This is coming from a HUGE MMA fan, so start that thread, and I'll be happy to participate. Thanks!

#128 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Edited by cooljammy18 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@james_lockart said:

Dear Jason Voorhees Fans,

The reason why your God can never kill Captain America is because in order to kill Cap he will have to reach Cap first.

And some pizza guy or screaming teen will most likely kill him along the way.

Jason can never beat Cap or Bane or Daredevil or [shudder] BATMAN !!¡¡¡ He is a retarded B Movie monster and should be lucky to find employment with Foggy Nelson.

Thank You For Listening,

Jason Voorhees Sucks,

Sincerely,

J. Lockart

Spoke my f****** mind lol. Jason can't be most competent street levelers and the likes of Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange could put him down permanently.

Also, Silver Surfer>>>Dr. Manhattan.

Daredevil is more than capable of beating Batman in a couple of H2H fights.

DBZ threads should stay ban because people put the characters on a much higher level than they are and go fanboy rage on anyone who disagrees.

Superman>Hulk

Sentry isn't "nigh-omnipotent" or anywhere near it, since it would make him abstract level, but he is very powerful and needs to be written properly.

Some people don't deserve a tactful response in debates.

Deadpool is a mediocre buffoon compared to Deathstroke and only has his healing factor going for him in a debate. Only way to solve that is if writers stop making DP a stupid, comedic gimmick and start writing some good, serious and emotional stories with him. Deathstroke would always beat him in a straight up fight unless DP has significant prep or some unfair advantage that the OP of that thread makes.

Batman isn't unbeatable in a H2H fight. People like Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, and Black Panther can beat him or hold their own. To add on to this, Wolverine would shred him in a random encounter and Cap America can take the majority over him.

Cole Mcgrath is underrated and Alex Mercer is overrated (even though I like him)

#130 Posted by reikai (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l said:

Oh! I have never seen any scan, quote, book, or piece of evidence that puts Dovahkiin and Miraak on such the high pedestal that they are placed in battle forms. People always SAY "Miraak broke hell" or "Dovahkiin could rip Tamriel in half with his voice". So Skyrim Characters are overrated.

Also, no notifications at all.

Wait, really?

@reikai

Far as I know there is no "hell" in TES. At least not referred to as such. People don't say "The Hell was that?!" They say "What in Oblivion is that?!" since Oblivion is an actual realm, to which is divided into various other realms by the Daedric Princes, several of which may resemble a fiery, magma filled world. IE "Hell".

There is no "breaking hell", but Miraak did break Solstheim off from Skyrim while fighting Vahlok. That did happen and it's part of TES lore. As for Dovahkiin ripping apart Tamriel, that is a definitive probability. His power and Voice are greater than that of Alduin, the World-Eater. While he does not seem to physically eat planets, we do have record of other worlds in TES being destroyed.

In fact, a fragment of one such world carried the remnants of another race that fell onto Nirn and those survivors would become the ancestors of the Mer, or Elven races. This may in fact be the continent of Aldmeris, which Moth Priests have claimed to be a "collection of images only existing within the minds of the elves", a conclusion they came to after a reading of an Elder Scroll. This may in fact be true since Aldmeris may very well have been part of "Another World" and thus does not 'exist' as part of Nirn, which may be also why no one is ever able to go there, and why the Elves never return there after leaving it.

It is told that Alduin had 'consumed' three worlds prior to coming to Nirn and deciding he would rather rule over the mortal races as opposed to fulfilling his intended destiny. Given the record of destroyed worlds alongside those Alduin had 'consumed', we can reasonably believe that Alduin was responsible for the destruction. That being the case, that would set him as a planetary-level threat. So the idea of the Dovahkiin, whose abilities exceed those of Alduin, sundering Tamriel with his voice, is not so improbable, just unlikely that he would do so while In-Character.

#131 Posted by Wolverine08 (45069 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

Sorry................................................................................................................

#132 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@james_lockart said:

The reason why your God can never kill Captain America is because in order to kill Cap he will have to reach Cap first.

Jason can never beat Cap or Bane or Daredevil or [shudder] BATMAN !!¡¡¡ He is a retarded B Movie monster and should be lucky to find employment with Foggy Nelson.

Thank You For Listening,

Jason Voorhees Sucks,

Sincerely,

J. Lockart

Spoke my f****** mind lol. Jason can't be most competent street levelers and the likes of Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange could put him down permanently.

DBZ threads should stay ban because people put the characters on a much higher level than they are and go fanboy rage on anyone who disagrees.

Superman>Hulk

Sentry isn't "nigh-omnipotent" or anywhere near it, since it would make him abstract level, but he is very powerful and needs to be written properly.

Deadpool is a mediocre buffoon compared to Deathstroke and only has his healing factor going for him in a debate. Only way to solve that is if writers stop making DP a stupid, comedic gimmick and start writing some good, serious and emotional stories with him. Deathstroke would always beat him in a straight up fight unless DP has significant prep or some unfair advantage that the OP of that thread makes.

Batman isn't unbeatable in a H2H fight. People like Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, and Black Panther can beat him or hold their own. To add on to this, Wolverine would shred him in a random encounter and Cap America can take the majority over him.

Cole Mcgrath is underrated and Alex Mercer is overrated (even though I like him)

isn't that a popular opinion here?

#133 Edited by cooljammy18 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18 said:

@james_lockart said:

Thank You For Listening,

Jason Voorhees Sucks,

Sincerely,

J. Lockart

Superman>Hulk

isn't that a popular opinion here?

I've seen many people people support Hulk because of that "if he gets mad enough he can beat him" argument which I don't buy.

#134 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Son-Goku and Vegeta are on pair with characters like Superman and Hyperion. I think that the DBZ warriors have great energy based attacks as well great durability, when it comes to taking such attacks, but tanking physical damage? Most of the DBZ warriors would die almost instantly if someone like Superman would punch them.

What I would like to see is a fight between Son-Goku & Vegeta versus great energy manipulators like Vulcan. I would like to see the two DBZ warriors fight Vulcan and Black Bolt. That fight should be much more even, but unforunately not many people seem to think that DBZ warriors lack durability against physical force and are more about their ki.

#135 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is underrated.

Spiderman isn't a street leveler and is above a 10 tonner

Bleach character's are horribly overrated

Verse vs Verse battles should be allowed again

#136 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

I don't think that Son-Goku and Vegeta are on pair with characters like Superman and Hyperion. I think that the DBZ warriors have great energy based attacks as well great durability, when it comes to taking such attacks, but tanking physical damage? Most of the DBZ warriors would die almost instantly if someone like Superman would punch them.

What I would like to see is a fight between Son-Goku & Vegeta versus great energy manipulators like Vulcan. I would like to see the two DBZ warriors fight Vulcan and Black Bolt. That fight should be much more even, but unforunately not many people seem to think that DBZ warriors lack durability against physical force and are more about their ki.

Dunno, Most DBZ energy attack are planet destroyers, so that seems a bit much, and most comics energy manipulators at that level also drain energy, so they would win.

#137 Posted by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I noticed and honestly I can't blame you. Most of the time you see people discrediting EU (Even though this is a comic site and the comics are EU) refusing canon (people saying Luke is not the most powerful Jedi and Darth Bane is the most powerful Sith while Sidious is 3-4) Or just flat out ignorant on the lore in general.

And Revan fanboys. Don't forget the Revan fanboys.

I chime in once in awhile. But I can't be bothered to put any effort into debating the majority of people who are still around. People who I respect generally agree with me, and anybody who I would be against are just not worth it. The Battle Forums have gone down hill, unfortunately.

@jedixman: Psh, don't flatter yourself too much. I enjoy mindless hack and slash games and I'm a huge fan of Sam Witwer. So meh :P.

British Being Human > US Being Human.

Just saying.

#138 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Captain America will take a majority over Batman in a hand to hand fight. He is an equal to him in fighting skill (no, he doesn't have to know 127 martial arts to be an equal to Batman), and he is physically superior to Batman.

This is also what I think. I personally think that Cap is a superior combatant and not only that,but is physically superior and tactically superior.

In fact,I think that Cap is arguably the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. I think that's been said...not only that,but I have a question....why do people think Dr Doom is so powerful? I've never seen any feats of his,but everyone fears him and such,yet I don't know why...sure he rules a country,but is that it?

Black Panther has been stated on panel to be his equal. Iron Fist is hell of a fighter as well... Shadowland Daredevil will crush him effortlessly. Shang Chi is also uber skilled. Captain America is not the best fighter in Marvel Universe. But yeah, he's one of the best IMO.

Hm. Well I stand corrected. But shadowland daredevil doesn't exactly count....And I think that Cap can beat Shang Chi and also Iron Fist,although the latter would be more close and by the same token I think it is so close that it's almost 50/50....basically I think he would win (although it will be REALLY REALLY close)

#139 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer Doctor Manhattan Flash and Zoom are all highly overrated.

Hulk is underrated.

Just because a character can fly and is faster than his opponent doesn't guarantee an automatic win.

Superman can beat MMH Doctor Manhattan Flash Zoom and Silver Surfer.

It's possible that Hulk can beat Superman.

Thor and Hulk should get more respect. Orion also and same goes for Sentry.

Batman can't beat anything with prep.

Captain America is superior to Batman.

Deathstroke is overrated.

Reed Richards and Doctor Doom are not omnipotent with prep time.

#140 Posted by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

British Being Human > US Being Human.

Just saying.

How could you!?

#141 Posted by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman should get more credit for his unique h2h abilities.

#143 Posted by cooljammy18 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

There was a Sentry vs SSJ3 Goku a while back and I pretty much thought about that battle the same as you did.

Flash is underrated.

Spiderman isn't a street leveler and is above a 10 tonner

Bleach character's are horribly overrated

Verse vs Verse battles should be allowed again

Really? For every Anime vs Comic thread I've seen using Bleach characters, they usually lose or for worse terms, get stomp by comic guys like Thor or Silver Surfer.

#144 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Molecule Man WAS depowered or being badly written by Bendis when Sentry 'beat' him thanks to Bendis and incredible PIS.

#145 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Are you that certain about your OP post? Would you be willing to defend in a CAV later this month? I'm going on holiday next week for a while but I'm curious if you'd really be willing to stand by World Breaker Hulk actually beating Superman.

#146 Posted by green_skaar (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: Are you that certain about your OP post? Would you be willing to defend in a CAV later this month? I'm going on holiday next week for a while but I'm curious if you'd really be willing to stand by World Breaker Hulk actually beating Superman.

Excuse my ignorance, what is a "CAV"?

#147 Posted by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

Oh yeah? Two can play at this game.

And btw, I expected a "Search your feelings. You know it be true." kind of thing from you. I'm disappointed.

#148 Posted by cooljammy18 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in love with Sally from the US Being Human. Just wanted to say that lol.

#149 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? For every Anime vs Comic thread I've seen using Bleach characters, they usually lose or for worse terms, get stomp by comic guys like Thor or Silver Surfer.

I just feel like too many people think each of them are these awfully fast hypersojic speedsters (which isn't true) with amazing durability ( Haven't seen them tank much besides cuts) and Insane strength (not true). It's mostly the fan wank of Kenpachi Zaraki that get's me irritated.

#150 Posted by dondave (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Excuse my ignorance, what is a "CAV"?

A CAV stands for Challenge a Viner, which is essentially a battle thread dedicated to a debate between two users, with then winner of the debate being decided on votse by other users