#51 Posted by LinkXV1 (490 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by DarkRaiden (8223 posts) - - Show Bio

My unpopular opinions?

1. Legion is practically unbeatable in any battle besides high tier mutliversal and even then.....

2. Amazo without PIS, WIS is also unbeatable in a fight even beyond mutliversal up to...

3. Lucifer Morningstar is unbeatable period. He's Omniversal in power and TOAA level in intelligence/will

4. Blackheart is above Thanos in power and right below skyfather/equal with Dormammu

5. Dormammu is Skyfather-, aka not Skyfather and certainly can't touch Galactus

6. Doom is nigh unbeatable w/o prep, with it he stomps

7. Thor is herald level and all heralds are far above Superman/WW level

8. Raven is Top tier w/o a speed blitz

9. Naruto characters are barely supersonic+

10. Silver Surfer or Thor can crush anyone or group who averages below Herald and uses energy mostly

11. Zoom nor Flash can beat Surfer, Thor, Thanos, Doom (maybe Thor but not stomp)

12. Constantine and The Doctor can't beat any competent mid tier levels for lack of battle feats

13. Multiple Man can beat top tier people or hang with them due to the nature of his powers

14. Rogue can beat a lot of top tiers because they would touch her

#53 Edited by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of people think Doctor Doom with prep is GOD,Captain America is the top martial artist of comics,Hulk is invincible and if he wanted to beat spectre he could... DBZ vs comics is boring.
I'm tired of this

#54 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

My unpopular opinions?

1. Legion is practically unbeatable in any battle besides high tier mutliversal and even then.....

2. Amazo without PIS, WIS is also unbeatable in a fight even beyond mutliversal up to...

3. Lucifer Morningstar is unbeatable period. He's Omniversal in power and TOAA level in intelligence/will

4. Blackheart is above Thanos in power and right below skyfather/equal with Dormammu

10. Silver Surfer or Thor can crush anyone or group who averages below Herald and uses energy mostly

11. Zoom nor Flash can beat Surfer, Thor, Thanos, Doom (maybe Thor but not stomp)

12. Constantine and The Doctor can't beat any competent mid tier levels for lack of battle feats

13. Multiple Man can beat top tier people or hang with them due to the nature of his powers

Amazo has always been a walking no limits fallacy, he should be beating more people IMO as well.

#55 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@linkxv1 said:

BANE CAN'T BEAT A LOAF OF BREAD ON THIS SITE!

Only if Bane gets prep time, and the loaf of bread is morals-on.

Otherwise it's a curbstomp.

#56 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America will take a majority over Batman in a hand to hand fight. He is an equal to him in fighting skill (no, he doesn't have to know 127 martial arts to be an equal to Batman), and he is physically superior to Batman.

This is also what I think. I personally think that Cap is a superior combatant and not only that,but is physically superior and tactically superior.

In fact,I think that Cap is arguably the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. I think that's been said...not only that,but I have a question....why do people think Dr Doom is so powerful? I've never seen any feats of his,but everyone fears him and such,yet I don't know why...sure he rules a country,but is that it?

#57 Edited by MisterWhisper (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

My unpopular opinions?

1. Crazy powerful sure but multiversal... not too sure.

2. I will elaborate on that in a bit.

3. Hard to say ANYONE is unbeatable, given the right situation anyone is beatable.

4. Always liked Blackheart.

5. Not sure what you mean on this one.

6. While I think that a lot of people underestimate Doom when he does not have prep, but their are also plenty of people he does not beat, even with prep.

7. Thor is herald level, yes. All heralds are above Superman/Wonderwoman, not a chance. Some heralds have been Meh. Airwalker, Firelord, and some others are not above Supes/Wonder.

8. I can see that, if she is written correctly.

9. No opinion here, I hate Anime.

10. Debatable, I can agree if you said "Most" and not "anyone"

11. Again depends on the situation.

12. Not touching this one. You will get a bunch of hate for besmirching the sacred cow of Dr. Who. People love him like he created the internet.

13. I love Multiple Man, however he is still a human, with human level physical abilities. He can beat most mid tier, top I would say no.

14. Umm no, there are plenty of top tier people that would wipe the floor with her simply because they could one shot her before she absorbs anything.

For my own points: Also to Darkraiden, not meaning you in these, just happens to be at the bottom of my reply.

1. A lot of people get the idea of "Prep" and "sets up everything in their favor, and jumps their opponent by surprise with an I win button." confused.

2. Doomsday and Amazo are written like a 5 year old little brother is making up a super hero to beat a team. Character A does this, Nuh uh my guy is automatically immune to that and beats you, or everything you can do my guy can do too and has more powers too, is not a character development, it is cheap cheesy writing.

3. POPULARITY DOES NOT EQUAL BETTER OR MORE POWERFUL! Yes, Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Thor, Iron Man, and Spiderman are all crazy popular, but that does not mean they are better characters or more powerful than people who are lesser known. Their are so many times where popularity wins a fight much more than the characters do.

4. Prep without knowledge of the opponent is rather pointless, and yet it changes outcomes of fights all the time. Ex. Their is a HUGE difference between Iron Man with prep Vs Superman and Iron Man with prep and full knowledge of kryptonians vs Superman.

5. Outliers are not credible feats.

6. Making a sarcastic joke is not a form of argument. If you are debating a serious battle and end up posting some idiotic pic of an internet meme, that does not make your argument better, it makes you look stupid.

7. Accept the fact that DC is not capable of writing a serious story arc that does not center on one of the big 7 characters.

8. Popularity and time lead to power creep, I hate it but it is never going away.

9. Stop posting an opinion if you do not actually know anything about the characters, or if you just read a wiki on them and that's all.

10. Hulk is very over rated.

Probably my opinions that gets the most hate:

11. This is a COMICS site, anime/cartoon/scifi/video games should be in a different section. If they have a comic then sure, debate them but not as another form of media.

12. Manga and American comics are so different I do not consider them the same genre.

#58 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

As for my opinions:

1. I think that many comic book characters,when matched up correctly,can beat anime characters (When matched correctly). Even arguably having better feats.

2. I can understand why people think Batman can beat many people with prep (being that he is one of the most resourceful people in the DCU),but he cannot beat everyone no matter how much time he gets.....

3....erm,that's it I guess.

#59 Posted by The Stegman (25975 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Batman and Wolverine can beat Captain America in a fight.

#60 Posted by tparks (5365 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@linkxv1 said:

BANE CAN'T BEAT A LOAF OF BREAD ON THIS SITE!

Only if Bane gets prep time, and the loaf of bread is morals-on.

Otherwise it's a curbstomp.

Best answer.

#61 Posted by RebornAkuma (145 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is one of the top 10 most skilled fighters in comics, and definitely one of the top 5 most skilled fighters in Marvel.

#64 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is one of the top 10 most skilled fighters in comics, and definitely one of the top 5 most skilled fighters in Marvel.

PREACH!

To add on to this:

Gamora is not that great at fighting.

#65 Posted by DarkRaiden (8223 posts) - - Show Bio

3. Yeah but Omniversal power plus he's beaten very powerful people while powerless.

5. I mean he's not galaxy busting level, he's not your average Skyfather level, he's at best the weakest Skyfather IMO

6. I don't know, he did steal an Omnipotent's powers....

7. That's a good point but......oddly enough I don't consider all heralds to be Herald Level if that makes any sense.....Herald is the level I see used for the Surfer/Zoom (in some people's mind) level where it's below Thanos and yet above top tier like Superman

13. That's the thing....he's taken hits from Hulk and outright embarrassed Thing before and it makes sense because in a way he has superhuman durability as instead of absorbing damage, it simply makes a copy. Seems like a dangerous combo to me

14. Logically though if someone touches her skin at all during the punch (should it be a physical attack), she should absorb enough power in that slight moment to survive and be conscious and the drain more powers.

Oh and I agree that, concerning Amazo, it's bad writing in a way but....it's still unbeatable technically. Also I think with prep knowledge is kinda implied since prep time is usually used to gather knowledge.

And I had some more:

1. Shuma Gorath is multiversal, damn near omniversal and nigh unbeatable

2. YYH are easy planet busters ad approaching Lightspeed if not FTL

3. No one in DBZ is near lightspeed or planet level durability

4. Wolverine can't beat any skilled fighters with or w/e his claws and regen. Sorry it's just the way he's written. Getting beaten by Storm and Cyclops w/o their powers is bad

5. Phoenix (most iterations) are top tier at best and Thor and Surfer and the like would destroy her

6. Thor is FTL in combat

7. Surfer is FTL in combat

8. Thanos is FTL reactions

9. Hulk can have FTL reactions

10. 99% of wikis are reliable sources

11. Trigon is a multiversal entity that would destroy Galactus with ease

12. Deathstroke>Deadpool>>>>Batman

13. Dr. Manhattan can't even beat Iron Man or Human Torch

14. Superboy Prime is mid herald level at best

15. Dante is low mid tier at best and lacks feats

16. Same with Kratos

17. Asura is top tier but goes no further

18. Darwin w/o PIS should be unbeatable

19. Flash (anyone with time travel and/or dimension travel) should be nigh unbeatable with prep

20. Lex Luthor>>>Batman with prep ( as in better at prepping)

21. Deathstroke>>>.Batman with prep

22. Tony Stark >>>Batman with prep ( as in better at prepping)

#66 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is overrated on the battle forums and constantly said to win battles just because "He's Deathstroke".

#67 Edited by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Jason Voorhees Fans,

The reason why your God can never kill Captain America is because in order to kill Cap he will have to reach Cap first.

And some pizza guy or screaming teen will most likely kill him along the way.

Jason can never beat Cap or Bane or Daredevil or [shudder] BATMAN !!¡¡¡ He is a retarded B Movie monster and should be lucky to find employment with Foggy Nelson.

Thank You For Listening,

Jason Voorhees Sucks,

Sincerely,

J. Lockart

#68 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku beat Superman as SSJ god, SSJ3 could go either way and the rest Superman stomp

#69 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley Quinn > the majority of street level characters.

#70 Posted by wildvine (10365 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Jason Voorhees Fans,

The reason why your God can never kill Captain America is because in order to kill Cap he will have to reach Cap first.

And some pizza guy or screaming teen will most likely kill him along the way.

Jason can never beat Cap or Bane or Daredevil or [shudder] BATMAN !!¡¡¡ He is a retarded B Movie monster and should be lucky to find employment with Foggy Nelson.

Thank You For Listening,

Jason Voorhees Sucks,

Sincerely,

J. Lockart

I like Jason, but your points are valid sir.

#71 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not a better fighter than people like Captain America, Daredevil, Wolverine, Black Panther, etc just because he knows 127 martial arts. Fighting skill is about creating a unique fighting style that allows you to adapt to anything an opposing fighter throws at you. Fighters like Cap, Daredevil, Wolverine, Black Panther, etc have that unique fighting system, and can beat Batman in a hand to hand fight even if they don't know 127 martial arts.

#72 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Harley Quinn > the majority of street level characters.

#73 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not a better fighter than people like Captain America, Daredevil, Wolverine, Black Panther, etc just because he knows 127 martial arts. Fighting skill is about creating a unique fighting style that allows you to adapt to anything an opposing fighter throws at you. Fighters like Cap, Daredevil, Wolverine, Black Panther, etc have that unique fighting system, and can beat Batman in a hand to hand fight even if they don't know 127 martial arts.

Also, knowing more martial arts does NOT make someone a better fighter. I've beat people who know more martial arts than me, and I've lost to those that know fewer than me. It's about skill, not about how many things you can cram.

#74 Edited by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Also, knowing more martial arts does NOT make someone a better fighter. I've beat people who know more martial arts than me, and I've lost to those that know fewer than me. It's about skill, not about how many things you can cram.

Exactly! I practice martial arts too, and have had times were I have beaten people who know more martial arts than me, and have gotten my ass kicked by people who know fewer martial arts than me. Lol. I think comic writers (who almost all know nothing about fighting), have put the idea into comic readers heads that more fighting styles equals skill by constantly going on and on about how certain fighters in comics have "mastered" all of the world's martial arts.

#75 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Yeah, see I think it's that people for some reason believe that every single thing in every martial art is different. A punch is a punch, and hip throw is a hip throw. Learning a bunch of martial arts at once would just mean you would relearn the basics several hundred times before getting anywhere =/

I remember going to a Krav Maga seminar, where the instructor was talking about how Krav was completely different from all other martial arts because "It focuses on real world applications". He then immediately followed this up with, "Now grab my wrist!"

#76 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce lee cant beat any top UFC fighters of today

hes just a performer for the most part

cya

#77 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18679 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by LightenUpWillYa (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is overrated on the battle forums and constantly said to win battles just because "He's Deathstroke".

People on comic vine think he is a god. If you want to open a thread which involves Deathstroke don't even bother. The answer will be "omgz deathstroke curbstomps lolololo"

#79 Posted by Cooldes (4159 posts) - - Show Bio

Aizen is Ridiculously Underrated on this Site

Sentry is Absurdly hated

Sentry is NOT weaker without the Void guys

Luffy is NOT slow without gears guys

Hulk is the strongest. That's his thing, and he's doing a good at it.

Thor isn't Slow.

Moonknight is Underrated here too

Batman w/prep isn't TOAA

Riddler w/prep is TOAA

Rulk w/Loeb force = Squirrel Girl = LT

Uhm i think that's all

#80 Edited by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and Batman's "peak humans" are completely different. Batman has the peak human abilities gained through extensive training. Captain America's peak human is gained through being GENETICALLY PERFECT. There is a difference.

#81 Edited by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

People on comic vine think he is a god. If you want to open a thread which involves Deathstroke don't even bother. The answer will be "omgz deathstroke curbstomps lolololo"

Pretty sure i've seen a fair share where he loses. But other than that, he's at the top of the street level tier, with the Nth metal armor to boot, so it's sort of understandable.

#82 Posted by XiiX (9437 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Deathstroke is probably hands-down by favorite street-leveler, but even I think he gets overestimated often.

#83 Edited by MisterWhisper (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Yes, this I agree with.

I shall even elaborate.

Just because you know more styles does not mean you are better than someone who knows fewer. It does not matter on the style it matters what you learn from them.

What it takes to be a top tier martial artist.

1. Cardio: in my opinion just as important as skill. We have all see plenty of top talent people who are more skilled than their opponent lose because they gassed out.

2. Physical ability: Being in better shape and more physically gifted is just a straight bonus.

3. Striking: diversity between punches, kicks, knees, elbows, and headbutts. Be well rounded, but knowing how to throw a punch from 100 styles is not that important.

4. Take downs: Both offense and defense, if you can stuff a takedown and gain position or if you can take down your opponent at will, you are gold.

5. Defense: know when to move, and how to do so without leaving yourself open. Also knowing how to properly block or evade is essential.

6. Ground Game: offense and defense, striking and submissions.

7. Reading an opponent: It is a tremendous skill to be able to, within a few seconds, to figure out your opponent's strength's and weaknesses.

If you can cover those things, it does not really matter if you studied 3 martial arts or 100.

Edit: Sorry, forgot one.

#84 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@wolverine08 said:

Agreed. Deathstroke is probably hands-down by favorite street-leveler, but even I think he gets overestimated often.

I like Deathstroke a lot too, and I agree that the guy is extremely dangerous, but he's becoming similar to Batman on battle forums in that people give him the victory "Just cause".

#85 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Yes, this I agree with.

I shall even elaborate.

Just because you know more styles does not mean you are better than someone who knows fewer. It does not matter on the style it matters what you learn from them.

What it takes to be a top tier martial artist.

1. Cardio: in my opinion just as important as skill. We have all see plenty of top talent people who are more skilled than their opponent lose because they gassed out.

2. Physical ability: Being in better shape and more physically gifted is just a straight bonus.

3. Striking: diversity between punches, kicks, knees, elbows, and headbutts. Be well rounded, but knowing how to throw a punch from 100 styles is not that important.

4. Take downs: Both offense and defense, if you can stuff a takedown and gain position or if you can take down your opponent at will, you are gold.

5. Defense: know when to move, and how to do so without leaving yourself open. Also knowing how to properly block or evade is essential.

6. Reading an opponent: It is a tremendous skill to be able to, within a few seconds, to figure out your opponent's strength's and weaknesses.

If you can cover those things, it does not really matter if you studied 3 martial arts or 100.

Perfect!

#86 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio

3. Yeah but Omniversal power plus he's beaten very powerful people while powerless.

5. I mean he's not galaxy busting level, he's not your average Skyfather level, he's at best the weakest Skyfather IMO

7. That's a good point but......oddly enough I don't consider all heralds to be Herald Level if that makes any sense.....Herald is the level I see used for the Surfer/Zoom (in some people's mind) level where it's below Thanos and yet above top tier like Superman

13. That's the thing....he's taken hits from Hulk and outright embarrassed Thing before and it makes sense because in a way he has superhuman durability as instead of absorbing damage, it simply makes a copy. Seems like a dangerous combo to me

14. Logically though if someone touches her skin at all during the punch (should it be a physical attack), she should absorb enough power in that slight moment to survive and be conscious and the drain more powers.

Oh and I agree that, concerning Amazo, it's bad writing in a way but....it's still unbeatable technically. Also I think with prep knowledge is kinda implied since prep time is usually used to gather knowledge.

And I had some more:

4. Wolverine can't beat any skilled fighters with or w/e his claws and regen. Sorry it's just the way he's written. Getting beaten by Storm and Cyclops w/o their powers is bad

5. Phoenix (most iterations) are top tier at best and Thor and Surfer and the like would destroy her

6. Thor is FTL in combat

16. Same with Kratos

19. Flash (anyone with time travel and/or dimension travel) should be nigh unbeatable with prep

I'm not even gonna....

#87 Posted by DarkRaiden (8223 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

And I had some more:

6. Thor is FTL in combat

16. Same with Kratos

I'm not even gonna....

No no please do.

#88 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: I would but it goes against the OP and it would derail the thread because I disagree with almost everything you stated.

#89 Posted by Captain_Clown (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I came here to say what y'all have been saying about martial arts

Honestly it would make sense for Clark Kent (no powers) to be able to beat up a lot of no-powers street levelers based on his size and strength advantage... training with Lady Shiva or whatever isn't going to help a 90 pound teenager that much against a heavyweight who knows how to throw a punch

#90 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Flash can't beat Galactus and any sky father level and above.

2. Batman can beat superman with prep since it be him poisoning him slowly and not going to a straight out fight like a idiot thinking green kryptonite is enough

3. DBZ can bust planet, even solarsystem and are FTL, and have planet busting durability

4. YYH, are most likely not planet buster

5. Silver Surfer is underated

6. Sentry is underated

7. Hulk have decent speed to be able to tag spiderman with mid difficult at least

8. Arceus is not omnipoint

9. DBZ charecter have never die from the sun cannon wise, and survived lava, and at least SSJ god would easily resist heat from the sun since he is 100% FTL, which mean he creating incredible amount of heat hotter than the sun;

10. And Again Flash can't beat Galactus

11. Thor is underated

12. Archie Hyper sonic or Super Sonic can take on Thanos with HOTU

#91 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

I came here to say what y'all have been saying about martial arts

Honestly it would make sense for Clark Kent (no powers) to be able to beat up a lot of no-powers street levelers based on his size and strength advantage... training with Lady Shiva or whatever isn't going to help a 90 pound teenager that much against a heavyweight who knows how to throw a punch

I disagree. People get demolished by smaller dudes all the time because of this thinking. I've had big people try to tackle me, and they very quickly get a rude awakening. Granted, I'm 6ft and 180 lbs, but I should still get beaten to heck by someone stronger, right? It's all kind of Meh. In my experience, I've found that the martial arts necessity list goes like this:

Skill, Speed, Size, Endurance.

But that's just my own personal experience.

#92 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Luke Skywalker is not the most powerful Jedi in EU history

Should I hide now?

#93 Posted by MisterWhisper (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

Like my instructor always said, you can not teach size.

Back in the day when I was in martial arts class, Hapkido to be exact, there were many people in the class. However, the only other person in the class that was my age/experience level was 6'2", 180 lbs, in great shape and has arms like a gorilla, I am 5'9", 220 lbs, and have rather short arms. I was more skilled, but there is only so much I can do against someone who, other than reflexes, is physically superior to me in every way.

We usually went about 50/50 but it was always his physical abilities and size that got him the win. I think only once did he ever actually beat me using skill. (actually it was my own fault, he tried to throw me, I tried to counter it instead of falling correctly, I ended up with a face full of nice cold concrete floor.)

#94 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix said:
  • Luke Skywalker is not the most powerful Jedi in EU history

Should I hide now?

That's not and opinion because it's fact Luke is the most powerful. Canon and feats say so.

#95 Posted by GhostRavage (9419 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Captain America will take a majority over Batman in a hand to hand fight. He is an equal to him in fighting skill (no, he doesn't have to know 127 martial arts to be an equal to Batman), and he is physically superior to Batman.

This is also what I think. I personally think that Cap is a superior combatant and not only that,but is physically superior and tactically superior.

In fact,I think that Cap is arguably the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. I think that's been said...not only that,but I have a question....why do people think Dr Doom is so powerful? I've never seen any feats of his,but everyone fears him and such,yet I don't know why...sure he rules a country,but is that it?

Black Panther has been stated on panel to be his equal. Iron Fist is hell of a fighter as well... Shadowland Daredevil will crush him effortlessly. Shang Chi is also uber skilled. Captain America is not the best fighter in Marvel Universe. But yeah, he's one of the best IMO.

#96 Posted by Stompa (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

People like Spiderman and Midnighter are NOT streetlevel in my book.

#97 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa said:

Low level mid levelers?

#98 Posted by Stompa (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa said:

Low level mid levelers?

Yes i definetly see them having a better fight with people Iron Mans league then guys like Punisher.

#99 Edited by Mortein (3310 posts) - - Show Bio

The probability that DBZ characters haven't reached light speed sometime during the series is negligibly small.

#100 Posted by MisterWhisper (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: I might can see arguments for Spiderman being the absolute top end of "street" level. but Midnighter, not a chance.