#651 Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

- Captain America cleans Batman's clock. He is stronger, faster, and a master of all forms of combat.

- Feats are taken waaaaay too literally around here.

- PIS is an excuse, and a poor one at that.

#652 Edited by GraniteSoldier (4505 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

It's his youth, most of them have much greater age on him. I would have Panther in the top 5 as well as Reed, Banner, and Pym and Doom tied with one of these men (this is not in order btw). I would personally put Stark at 6. I made mention of Pym's being overrated, but I didn't mean it was out of my top 5. Perhaps I should have clarified.

But yes Peter's intellectual showings are slim because he's 1) never had resources, 2) preoccupied with putting people over intellectual demonstrations (something Sue has often complained about with Reed), 3) he's still young and growing intellectually. Most of these guys are older and have the capabilities to demonstrate their intellect. It's why Peter's is hard to gauge and it's an "unpopular opinion" of mine because he does not exactly have many feats to back it up. He did discover a particle only Reed Richards has been able to find before him, though. That speaks pretty highly.

#653 Posted by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

I actually think that Batman's raw technical prowess surpasses Captain America by a bit, but I still think Steve beats Batman in a pure hand to had fight. As for your opinions:

Wolverine beats Spidey in a straight-up fight.

Agreed. If Peter threw out use of his webbing and other means of incapacitation and went into a straight fight with Logan, Wolverine would ultimately take a slim majority over him.

Panther beats Deathstroke.

To be honest, I don't want anyone to take offense, but I do not think that this is actually an unpopular opinion among people that actually have some modicum of knowledge on both Black Panther. I have yet to see an argument for Deathstroke that wasn't centered around hype and out of context understanding. In most Black Panther vs Deathstroke debeates, I see Slade supporters mention out of context moments and facts like "Slade beat the Teen Titans with prep! Ermegahd! Slade thinks 9 times faster than a human being! He owns Black Panther!" I really have yet to see an argument for Deathstroke beating Black Panther that doesn't fall apart when you poke it a bit.

In my opinion, Black Panther beats Deathstroke through his superior skill (Justified by better raw skills showings and better use of pressure points, superior strength, and better tech.

#654 Edited by soduh2 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Definition of powers should have priority over feats in vs. matches. Not saying feats should be ignored, just moderated.

2. Nightwing is faster than Batman, period. He should be a better fighter too (as an adult of course).

3. Goku from DBZ is a martial arts savant as well as a combat pragmatist. Not a "brawler".

3.5. Hercule would be considered around a level 5 in the Marvel power grid for fighting skill.

4. Thor should be at least "learned" in the intelligence power grid.

#655 Posted by Dratini1331 (6409 posts) - - Show Bio
#656 Edited by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

I think some Avatar characters would stand up to some Anime characters ( like Naruto )

but in the grand scheme of things, who doesn't stand up to Naruto?

#657 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

-Flash can't beat 99% of fiction, lol.

-This site makes Thanos seem way more powerful than he actually is.

-Bugs Bunny isn't that powerful, nor are any of the other Looney Tunes character (maybe a few).

-This site doesn't give The Punisher enough credit, and he could beat Batman even in a prep fight.

#658 Posted by darkazrael999 (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Bren Foster's a beast XD

Damn straight! So is that Shaolin Monk in the Stealth Fighters episode. :)

#659 Posted by mjolnirson (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Green lanter, superman and flash are like odin (or someone else in the level of a trans or above) in a few words are too damm overpowered and they are not.

Godzilla is overpowered.

DBZ characters in fights against dudes in a herald level.

nova is not > than BB.

#660 Posted by mjolnirson (515 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh and the most important of all

superman is not=goku in any universe superman will be always >than goku.

superman is not > than thor, they are equal or thoris > than supes in a low scale.

and hell i hate Supertards and DBZtards.

#661 Posted by GhostRavage (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is overrated.

Batman is not.

Krypto is overrated.

Daredevil is the best street leveler without hax amps. i.e Fantomex.

Marvel has darker stories than DC.

#662 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11551 posts) - - Show Bio

Z from Tenchi Muyo beats everyone who isn't omnipotent due to the mechanics of Light Hawk Wings.

(thought to be fair, its only unpopular because no one knows who he is :D )

#663 Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is fast.

#664 Posted by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is overrated.

Batman is not.

Krypto is overrated.

Daredevil is the best street leveler without hax amps. i.e Fantomex.

Marvel has darker stories than DC.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

#665 Edited by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Deathstroke is egregiously unimpressive. He is severely lacking in the skill , speed, and tactical ability that his Pre 52 version was famous for mainly due to a short series and lack of feats. He's gotten a slight strength increase and has become a mini tank, and people see him tank a submarine and go crazy with hype. He shouldn't be matched up against characters like Black Panther or Wolverine like so many people on here do.

#666 Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is not all that.

#667 Posted by GhostRavage (7576 posts) - - Show Bio
#668 Edited by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Haha! Indeed, but just stick around street level battles more often, I'm sure your opinion will change :)

#669 Edited by GhostRavage (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Aww... Perhaps i could but, im inexplicably bored about Batman threads to be honest :P

#670 Edited by Jgames (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku is a FTL multi solarsystem buster who would beat up Superman all day Silver Surfer is just as stronght as thanos if he use his power correctly..... .......... Deadpool killed Deathstroke

#671 Edited by ilikedonuts (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Skills in hand-to-hand combat doesn't mean sh** when you're fightin' a huge, roid-ragin', crazy-a**, 100-ton liftin' redneck.

#672 Edited by BlackWind (4013 posts) - - Show Bio

No limits fallacies get tossed around waaaaaay too much around here. Especially when it concerns a character from an anime vs a comic character.

For example, just because Aizen's hypnosis trolls everyone in Bleach doesn't mean that it will work on cosmic characters.

#673 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker being unpredictable is irrelevant (and technically, wouldn't everyone be?).

Batman could beat DD, but it wouldn't be a stomp.

Joker would make a fool out of Deathstroke again.

The Punisher could beat Deathstroke.

Neo isn't unbeatable in the Matrix.

Solid Snake wouldn't beat Batman, Captain America, or DS.

#674 Posted by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Frankin Richards is overhyped
  • Lovecraft > Marvel

#675 Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is overrated.

Silver Surfer is overrated.

Living Tribunal is not omnipotent, though he is the most powerful being in creation.

#676 Edited by Skit (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Those who can causally destroy a universe really shouldn't be used in fights.

Dragon Ball(the original series) shouldn't have been banned.

Healing factor is over exaggerated

Thor is either low balled or wanked by a lot

**** Thanos and SS

Probably forgetting a bunch of stuff

#677 Edited by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

I take issue with the argument that featless means powerless. It just means we don't know for sure either way.

#678 Posted by Urban_Spaceman (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

Mon-El would destroy Superman

Swamp Thing could take on the Justice League

Cyclops would destroy Wolverine

It made no sense that Iron Man stood a chance against Magneto

Longshot is unbeatable

#679 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4067 posts) - - Show Bio

Mon-El would destroy Superman

Swamp Thing could take on the Justice League

Longshot is unbeatable

Since when is that unpopular? Swampy stomps most of the JLA if not all of it.

My unpopular opinion: THANOS IS NOT INVINCIBLE.

#680 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

My unpopular opinion in battles is that we shouldn't use fallacy arguments and no feat=/=auto lose.

Also when prep time added then we should think about what could A character against B character. For example Reed Richards prepared successfully against Galactus, so people though Reed could stop anyone who weaker than Galactus, yet he failed against WW Hulk.

#681 Edited by ilikedonuts (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortein:

Sorry for replyin' fu**in' 2 months later but doesn't the kinetic energy or whatever of your punch rely on the speed AND the mass of your fist??

#682 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio
#683 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic book fans don't know half of what they think they know about goku and dbz (and even other anime) although I'm a comic book fan, I don't read many and love anime to a higher extent bc I grew up as goku and vegeta as my rolmodels and heroes

#684 Edited by XiiX (4784 posts) - - Show Bio

I take issue with the argument that featless means powerless. It just means we don't know for sure either way.

@urban_spaceman said:

My unpopular opinion: THANOS IS NOT INVINCIBLE.

Agreed.

#685 Posted by Dratini1331 (6409 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortein:

Sorry for replyin' fu**in' 2 months later but doesn't the kinetic energy or whatever of your punch rely on the speed AND the mass of your fist??

not to but in, but yes, you are correct. The equation for Kinetic energy at near light speed is:

where c is the speed of light, and v is your velocity.

The equation for substantially less than the speed of light is the much simpler:

Ek = (1/2)m(v^2)

This means that speed factors in twice as much as mass, though your mass will also grow as you head towards light speed. And, obviously, these equations fail to define faster than light travel.

#686 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash consistently gets hit by guys who are at or below peak human levels. In fact, one of his villains was known for being too slow for the Flash to handle (long before he had an inertia dampening field). Deal with it, people slower than Zoom at his prime can tag the Flash, and people on Superman's level can beat him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#687 Edited by XiiX (4784 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that Pre-New 52 Despero gets oddly underrated(more than he should) on this board.

#688 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is overrated.

Silver Surfer is overrated.

Living Tribunal is not omnipotent, though he is the most powerful being in creation.

I have to disagree. It seems like Living Tribunal just shows up so that someone can kick his sorry butt. I mean seriously, for someone who is supposed to be the second most powerful being in the Marvel Universe, having a track record other than COMPLETELY spotless is just sad. I feel like anyone with any sort of boost or special item can/has beat him at one point.

Odin and SS can be quite overrated though, I agree. And Quasar is drastically underused/underrated.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#689 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, the irony is I've had that exact debate while defending Tifa Lockhart in a few battles...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#690 Posted by Stupid_People (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is not the most powerful being in all of everything ever like some people seem to think.

Zoom cant beat Skyfather level beings.

#691 Posted by laflux (11055 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

I

Agreed. If Peter threw out use of his webbing and other means of incapacitation and went into a straight fight with Logan, Wolverine would ultimately take a slim majority over him.

In fairness to Logan, Peter should lose nearly everytime to Logan H2H, if the battle excluded BFR and Submission/Incap as terms for victory. With that said, I'm off to make a Spider-Man vs Wolverine Battle with a Twist :P.

#692 Posted by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

@darkazrael999:

I

In fairness to Logan, Peter should lose nearly everytime to Logan H2H, if the battle excluded BFR and Submission/Incap as terms for victory. With that said, I'm off to make a Spider-Man vs Wolverine Battle with a Twist :P.

I hope the battle is fun :D

#693 Posted by laflux (11055 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

I've just made it, and called you out on it :p

#694 Edited by laflux (11055 posts) - - Show Bio

If a character can be defeated using physical force, Zoom most likely wins.

#695 Edited by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio
#696 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Most "skilled fighters" in the comic book universes are actually just jobbers with little to no skill/training. Including Hand Ninjas, League of Assassin Members, SHIELD Agents, US Military members (comic book universe only, not real life), HYDRA, AIM, and a good portion of the ones I'm forgetting off-hand.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#697 Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

My most unpopular opinion:

Cloud Strife is superhumanly strong to the point I think he could duke it out with Superman. Dead serious.

#698 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloud Strife is superhumanly strong to the point I think he could duke it out with Superman. Dead serious.

O_O Really?

#699 Edited by SheenLantern (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart said:

O_O Really?

I wouldn't be surprised. Mario is theoretically a million tonner.

#700 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@tifalockhart said:

O_O Really?

I wouldn't be surprised. Mario is theoretically a million tonner.

Eh, maybe. I wouldn't know. The only FF games I've played are I, II and IV.