#1 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Which team of soldiers win? Straight up fight, no prep.

#2 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden Symbiotes? :/

#3 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like x-force to win ...don't know enough about wetworks though ...

#4 Posted by ThexX (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

What does wetworks have to counter Fantomex misdirections and E.V.A

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

I would like x-force to win ...don't know enough about wetworks though ...

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Wetworks if it weren't for Fantomex's misdirection. Once Dane beat Psylocke the rest would go down to his mental assault and his team could hold X-Force until that happened. They're all bullet proof to armor piercing rounds and with Pilgrim sniping the opposition from another dimension and Grail destroying organic flesh on contact (let alone if he actually starts fighting), not to mention Jester or Dozer, Wetworks would run through X-Force. Misdirection is basically an autowin though.

Moderator
#7 Edited by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:

Wetworks if it weren't for Fantomex's misdirection. Once Dane beat Psylocke the rest would go down to his mental assault and his team could hold X-Force until that happened. They're all bullet proof to armor piercing rounds and with Pilgrim sniping the opposition from another dimension and Grail destroying organic flesh on contact (let alone if he actually starts fighting), not to mention Jester or Dozer, Wetworks would run through X-Force. Misdirection is basically an autowin though.

Fantomex saves them in most threads, in my humble opinion.
#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay: Please list the members of each respective team.

X-Force's roster has changed multiple times.

#9 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Needlebay: Please list the members of each respective team.

X-Force's roster has changed multiple times.

It's the Uncanny roster, as stated in the thread title.

Misdirection, FTW.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@Needlebay: Please list the members of each respective team.

X-Force's roster has changed multiple times.

It's the Uncanny roster, as stated in the thread title.

Misdirection, FTW.

Has that roster never changed?

#11 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Not by much, but for the most part it's core is Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Deadpool. Plus or minus Archangel or Nightcrawler, whatever the op wants.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Decoy Elite: Not by much, but for the most part it's core is Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Deadpool. Plus or minus Archangel or Nightcrawler, whatever the op wants.

But it still has changed, thus I demand a roster listing as it's more helpful to people who don't know the team.

Also because I am very nitpicky. :P

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

My mind went to: Wolverine, Psylocke, Archangel, Fantomex, Deadpool

Moderator
#14 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: I agree, despite whether the team is well known or not, or has changed, all characters participating should be listed in the op.

#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@Decoy Elite: Not by much, but for the most part it's core is Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Deadpool. Plus or minus Archangel or Nightcrawler, whatever the op wants.

But it still has changed, thus I demand a roster listing as it's more helpful to people who don't know the team.

Also because I am very nitpicky. :P

The standard Uncanny X-Force was Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke, Fantomex, and Archangel. However, ever since the ending of The Dark Angel Saga, AoA Nightcrawler has joined the team.
#16 Edited by ThexX (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Uncanny X-Force wins only because of Fantomex is awesome, and I don't see anybody in Wetworks being able to counter his Misdirection and plus he has E.V.A

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#18 Posted by ThexX (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Where is that from

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThexX said:

@Buckshot: Where is that from

Don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it's from the wetworks backup story that ran through the world's end series early on.

Moderator
#20 Edited by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@Needlebay: Please list the members of each respective team.

X-Force's roster has changed multiple times.

It's the Uncanny roster, as stated in the thread title.

Misdirection, FTW.

Grail and the rest of the Wetworks team are highly resistant to that.

Here is a respect thread of Wetworks.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t444876.html

#21 Edited by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@ThexX said:

@Buckshot: Where is that from

Don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it's from the wetworks backup story that ran through the world's end series early on.

who do you see winning this? I hope we can see some more Wetworks action in the DCnU.

WetWorks
#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay: My answer is on the first page and it hasn't changed. Wetworks should win, but since misdirection is basically a plot device, X-Force probably would.

Moderator
#23 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@Needlebay: My answer is on the first page and it hasn't changed. Wetworks should win, but since misdirection is basically a plot device, X-Force probably would.

I skipped over it by accident, sorry. But has Fantomex missdirection worked on guys like Grail, who can move faster than he can think? He's also in energy form. Would missdirection work on beings of pure energy?

#24 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

it worked on aoa wolverine who replaced apoclypse and a god tier reality warper.

#25 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

it worked on aoa wolverine who replaced apoclypse and a god tier reality warper.

But could he do it in time before Grail knocks him out? Grail is the fastest on the field and Wetworks have tp resistance anyway. Look in the respect thread.

#26 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

are they better then xavier because it worked on him. AoA wolverine had resistance as well. Its not technically tp anyway it really is a plot device but yes theoretically one with enough speed should be able to blitz fantomex before he has a chance.

#27 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Dane was once one of the more powerful beings on WS earth. Maybe not on Jenny Quantum's level, but near mid tier or higher. Grail can become pure energy and not be harmed by anything physical.

#28 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio
Why does everyone talk about misdirection? What about everyone having a healing factor except Psylock, and AoA Nightcrawler.  How about that only the Telepath, and Teleporter don't have Healing factor.  Deathlok Logan Fantomex Deadpool Arcangel  Do (+(
#29 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tough fight for X-Force since Wetworks are well trained mercenaries and assassins. For the moment...i see Wetworks having more advantage.

#30 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

@Buckshot said:

@Needlebay: My answer is on the first page and it hasn't changed. Wetworks should win, but since misdirection is basically a plot device, X-Force probably would.

I skipped over it by accident, sorry. But has Fantomex missdirection worked on guys like Grail, who can move faster than he can think? He's also in energy form. Would missdirection work on beings of pure energy?

I don't know how the misdirection works because to me it reads as a plot device. If this weren't a fight where Fantomex were aware of his opponents, I'd say they'd get around it by taking him down before he could misdirect them, but since he's aware I think he'd be able to get them. I think Dane and Grail are probably quicker on the draw than Fantomex, but I'm thinking about how I might see it written and I imagine it would be something like one of those two takes him down before he can react, but then it turns out that was just a trick. I kind of just give Fantomex the win when I see him in fights. It's always easier than actually thinking about it. I really want someone to compile for me all the times Fantomex uses his misdirection and fights where it seems he's caught off guard or doesn't get to use it. Basically, I want to look at every fight Fantomex has been in so I can determine how some people would fare against him, but I don't have time to look that up myself.

@Yung ANcient One said:

Why does everyone talk about misdirection? What about everyone having a healing factor except Psylock, and AoA Nightcrawler. How about that only the Telepath, and Teleporter don't have Healing factor. Deathlok Logan Fantomex Deadpool Arcangel Do (+(

Because the healing factors are useless here. Dane is a powerful telepath so he can bypass their healing factors and take them down mentally. He's also a telekinetic and could just rip them apart from a distance in a way they can't repair from. Grail is living energy that will destroy anything that touches him so if they actually fight him, their flesh would be burned away faster than they could heal. And Jester and Dozer will outlast any of them (one is literally a mountain of a man and they other is living metal) so the healing factors don't match up to those two. The healing factors are nice, but they don't really change much.

Moderator