• 52 results
#1 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
He has beaten the Avengers
How would the mutants do

with Iceman, Colossus and Angel

#2 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on if it's Jean with the Phoenix Force or if it's just Jean using the code name.

#3 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

so the x-men line up is

storm
gambit
beast
bishop
cyclops
wolverine
pheonix
colossus
angel
and iceman.

im going to go ahead and go withhh x-men on this...ice-man is an omega wolverine is a tank...colossus has fought with juggs...storm.............dont have to say anything and all the others is just extra power.

#4 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

jean can use her TK to disrupt his internal systems.

iceman can absorb ultron's heat   energy and bring him down to near absolute zero or expand  ice internally of ultron's chest cavity to disrupt his robotic functions.

Storm can try to overload ultron with her lightning and hopefully fry his internal systems.

i really see the X-men beating ultron without them having to hold back which would make it possible to go right in for the kill against a robotic being without compromising their characters morality.

X men for the win for the large majority.

#5 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

which variation of ultron?

#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Iceman can defeat him.

The others are just cannon fodder.

#7 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron, unless Jean is really the Phoenix, and it's just her code-name

#8 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" Ultron, unless Jean is really the Phoenix, and it's just her code-name "
Jean is the character that is shown

@DH69 said:
"

which variation of ultron?

"

The one pictured. classic look, abilities, and powers.
#9 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:  then x-men no contest
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think maybe just maybe the X-Men will be able to foil Ultron somehow but I don't think it'll be easy or quick.

#11 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron owns most of the Xmen but Iceman might slow him down
add Phoenix though and X-men stomp it

#12 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
storm-solo
gambit-solo if he can touch Ultron if not-NAT
beast-NAT
bishop-solo
cyclops-NAT
wolverine-solo
phoenix-Solo
colossus-solo
angel-NAT
iceman-Solo
NAT=not a threat.
#13 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
"storm-solo
gambit-solo if he can touch Ultron if not-NAT
beast-NAT
bishop-solo
cyclops-NAT
wolverine-solo
phoenix-Solo
colossus-solo
angel-NAT
iceman-Solo
NAT=not a threat.
"

really?

Ultron defeated Thor and Wonderman, how would Colossus or Storm do it?

he is made of adamantium
#14 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Booby are here. Noone else is needed.

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

The mutants only chance is Gambit. The others would have to distract Ultron so that Gambit could get close enough to charge Ultron's body.

#16 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" The mutants only chance is Gambit. The others would have to distract Ultron so that Gambit could get close enough to charge Ultron's body. "
and u think that would damage adamantium?
#17 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man said Ultron hits like Thor's hammer
to bad for Colossus and anyone else that gets hit by it
then there the beam from his head that put everyone in a coma

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
" @Nobody said:
" The mutants only chance is Gambit. The others would have to distract Ultron so that Gambit could get close enough to charge Ultron's body. "
and u think that would damage adamantium? "
If he charged the adamantium? Yes.
#19 Posted by jesterlichloath (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

i can see the xmen taking in a long battle but not unscathed

#20 Posted by stormlover1994 (906 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have a scan on HOW he beat Thor?

#21 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

X men Ftw

#22 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men, but not by much. He has taken on the Avengers multiple times, people posting members of the X-men could solo are not looking at their line up. Captain America, Thor, Hulk are enough to give the X-men trouble then throw in Hawkeye, and two others depending on which team of Avengers. Together the X-men would be too much, but Ultron would give them trouble.

#23 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (589 posts) - - Show Bio

with prep... ultron crushes them

#24 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman is the only hope, but he wins by incapacitation with absolute zero.

No one else is harming primary adamantium.

#25 Edited by New_World_Order (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron easily.

Stomps the Avengers.

The Avengers can't even hold him. This is where Wonder Man says Ultron hits like Mjolnir, and Ultron is not really affected by a Mjolnir throw from Thor.

Shows how durable he is.

Thor hits Ultron with a "with a hit that felled Hercules himself". Barely fazed.

He's just simply too powerful.

In my opinion he could take on the Avengers ( Classic versions ) and the X-Men at the same time and still win.

#26 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.....ultron wipes the floor with the mutants sadly. Should be x-tinction team.....better matchup.

#27 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

Only X-Men's chance is Jean, depends on her Phoenix Force level. Most people here are useless.

@thundergodswrath:

How he will kill Iceman? I see it as a stalemate because Ultron shouldn't be able to put him down.

#28 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Ultron ever fought Hulk?

#29 Posted by boschePG (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

The only chance X-Men has is with Iceman. Other than that, Ultron stomps this X-Men team

#30 Posted by New_World_Order (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

Only X-Men's chance is Jean, depends on her Phoenix Force level. Most people here are useless.

@thundergodswrath:

How he will kill Iceman? I see it as a stalemate because Ultron shouldn't be able to put him down.

That's the only problem.

Has Ultron ever fought Hulk?

#31 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Intresting, i'm asuming eh does not have his adamntium body at the time

#32 Posted by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Intresting, i'm asuming eh does not have his adamntium body at the time

No he had his adamantium body, its just a weaker model, that lost to Ms Thing and Namor, as this was orginal Ultron after being destroyed by Galactus, re-assembled by Dr. Doom.

for odd reason, this ultron couldnt take down Thor despite having help with multiple other villians.

Then we have other version of Ultron who have one shotted Thor.

#33 Posted by Bones309 (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know but didn't the Hulk had to walk with a crutch for a while after that blast? So imagine what it'd do to the people listed here.

#34 Posted by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

The fight isnt till death, he can melt Ice Man brains with his telepathy.

#35 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: So he harmed ultrons interiors? Because I don't see how it would harm an adamantium body but what do I know.

#36 Edited by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: So he harmed ultrons interiors? Because I don't see how it would harm an adamantium body but what do I know.

He physically dented his adamantium shell for Wasp to go in and tear him apart.

Rather than just saying it, let scan do the talking, the instance in question is from Secret Wars Vol 1 # 12

Last page, bottom right panel explains it all :)

#37 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@thundergodswrath:

He has straight TP? Not some biological way of affecting other people minds?

#38 Edited by Bones309 (804 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@thundergodswrath:

I think he has some sort of hypnosis...

#39 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron just uses the Ecephalo-beam on them.

Jean might, might, be resistant, but he crushes her easily if she is.

Easy to moderate difficulty win for the Adamantium Annihilator.

#40 Edited by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he has actually used conventional TP, i would think that would work

And he has hyptonized Thing, would something like this not work?

=============================================================

Totally unrelated, i am pumped after Jim recently announced Thanos: The Infinity Revelation is just one of 3 projects relating to Thanos that he is doing with marvel and looks like Thanos is going to be fighting BRB who gets stomped against him.

Are you excited?

#41 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I read on one forum that a worry was he would just be re writing Infinity Gauntlet again for the sixth time. Do you believe this as well or that that is all he writes for Thanos?

#42 Posted by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Its perhaps not the case, firstly he made it clear that this is one of the 3 different stories about Thanos he is writing. Secondly, he pretty clearly said Thanos and Adam Warlock make some problems and try to save it, and it also involved alternate realities. We already have enough stuffs about IG, hopefully its something very different.

Thanos is apparently working as an anti-hero as opposed to an outright villain so maybe its different, but LT, Eternity and Infinity are all getting involved so you have to expect a plot device, they are too powerful to be involved without one.

#43 Edited by Jonez120 (3641 posts) - - Show Bio

Was the OP specific about whether Phoenix has the Phoenix force? If she does she solos.

If not I still don't see Ultron killing Bobby, is it to the death? If not he could probably take down Bobby temporarily. Jean wouldn't be enough without the force. Everyone else contributes absolutely NOTHING else to this fight.

#44 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

PF Jean would definitely solo. Outside of that I am not sure. I am leaning more toward Ultron for the win based on the evidence presented thus far.

#45 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Well he has actually used conventional TP, i would think that would work

And he has hyptonized Thing, would something like this not work?

=============================================================

Totally unrelated, i am pumped after Jim recently announced Thanos: The Infinity Revelation is just one of 3 projects relating to Thanos that he is doing with marvel and looks like Thanos is going to be fighting BRB who gets stomped against him.

Are you excited?

I didn't know that Ultron also has TP, I thought that he is limitted to hypnosis and I doubt that it would help him against someone who uses his powers to create shells looking like his body.

And yes I am excited :-D

#46 Posted by highaccuser (5476 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

Yes!!! That is awesome! I really think infinity did Thanos in a poor and undeveloped way, not even addressing his time as an anti-hero. But Starlin is the best Thanos writer I know, so I think this will be awesome!

I'm back by the way.

#47 Edited by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know that Ultron also has TP, I thought that he is limitted to hypnosis and I doubt that it would help him against someone who uses his powers to create shells looking like his body.

ultron telepathy is actually done through rays, Ecephalo-beam to be precise, and i am not entirely sure why hypnosis wouldnt work on ice man simply because he can create shell bodies, and isnt the ability to create shell bodies only shown by an alternate reality iceman?

Iceman has a brain thats pretty much what Ultron affects anyways.

#48 Edited by Dextersinister (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: The X-men have plenty of experiencing fighting against skilled hypnotists and a telepath can shield against it, as pointed out in AvsX the mutants have the lions share of people with mental powers and experience in dealing with it, Emma Frost was about to take out most of the Avengers until Tony hit her with a plot device but neglected to mention how they deal with Psylocke, Martha, Cuckoos, Karma etc

Most of the time when they are affected by a hypnotist it is either individually or when they hypnotist is playing the long game. Fantomex is an exception but it turns out his was outright reality warping.

#49 Posted by Killemall (18249 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: AvX required the team to actually have prep and Emma isnt a part of the team, so that affect the said strategy. Not to mention Ultron telepathy is different from traditional telepathy, they have never faced Ecephalo-beam, on the contrary we have had Madison Jeffires outright admit, TO virus stuffs Ultron has taken in and control perfectly is too alien for him to do anything with it.

Not to mention Emma ability in AvX was to shut Avengers mind, Ultron is a robot, he sure as hell isnt going down to telepathy.

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

ultron telepathy is actually done through rays, Ecephalo-beam to be precise, and i am not entirely sure why hypnosis wouldnt work on ice man simply because he can create shell bodies, and isnt the ability to create shell bodies only shown by an alternate reality iceman?

Iceman has a brain thats pretty much what Ultron affects anyways.

1.Iceman 616 have done it many times to this moment, for example against Red Hulk in AvX or in Astonishing X-Men when he had Apoc's Death Seed in himself when he terrorized whole Earth.

2.Hypnosis works when it mets eyes (how stupidly it wouldn't sound), if they won't be his eyes, there is no way to actually control him.

3.Rays You say? I remember he had something like that and it was what I meant when I was talking about biological way of controling others. Considering that Iceman doesn't have any internal organs - I don't see what could be affected by them in Iceman.