Random encounter on earth

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Normally, I'd say Martian Manhunter, but Phalanx Ultron has some hefty TP feats. I'd say the Martian could phase through and disrupt Ultron's circuitry....but he almost instantly reparable.

Not sure what Martian Manhunter could do to Ultron. Going with Ultron.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Ultron

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultair wins

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ULTRON.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably Ultron because I literally don't know how to beat him based off of what I've seen of him in other threads.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Ultron's only know vulnerabilities are magic and heat. He has always had big trouble with Scarlet Witch and that's one weakness he has never officially gotten over and heat is the only weakness of Adamanitum though we are never mentioned exactly at what temperature Adamanitum starts melting.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Ultron's only know vulnerabilities are magic and heat. He has always had big trouble with Scarlet Witch and that's one weakness he has never officially gotten over and heat is the only weakness of Adamanitum though we are never mentioned exactly at what temperature Adamanitum starts melting.

Interesting; could you possibly suggest some reading for getting to know Ultron better?

I'm trying to expand my knowledge banks so I can perform better on the Battle Forums & Ultron is a character that's always interested me.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Jestersmiles

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

Ultron did not get your memo...
Ultron did not get your memo...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Claymore1998

@thetruebarryallen:

Sure.

• Avengers : Betrayal (Avengers #66 – 68)
  • Avengers: The bride of Ultron (Avengers #161-163)
  • West Cost Avengers: War Toy (West Cost Avengers #89 – 91)
  • Avengers: Ultron Unlimited (Avengers Vol 3 #19 – 22)
  • Avengers Ultron Imperative - one shot.
  • Annihilation Conquest #1 – 6
  • And to some extent Age Of Ultron.

Those are all the big stories involving Ultron. I've taken the liberty of arranging them in a chronological order.

Hope this helps ^_^

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

Not sure what you are trying to mention there, friend. I am unsure as to how that contradicts what I have mentioned. Also that is actually Ultron from a future reality, taken from Avengers: Ultron Wars story arc and might not be applicable to a debate concerning mainstream version of Ultron.

Would you like evidence of heat and magic being Ultron's vulnerabilities?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Martian Manhunter

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By micah007123

Ultron

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18  Edited By SOG7dc

J'onn

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I would love to know how MM is going to get through Ultron Adamantium Armor

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

I suppose the same way he let Aquaman's trident pass through him. He can become intangible, you know.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Claymore1998

@claymore1998: That be cool.

Here you go then.

Let's start with magic.

The first one is from Avengers # 161

No Caption Provided

This one is from Avengers #171

No Caption Provided

Funny enough in one instance her hax went awry and boosted Ultron instead of stopping him.

While there are many instances of magic outright defeating him, every time it has been used against him he has never has any counter to it.

As per heat, Adamantium can be melted and that is often how it is molded into a particular shape. Given Ultron's entire body is made up of Adamanitum that is a rather obvious vulnerability.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jestersmiles

@sog7dc:

That won't work on him. (this is Vision second attempt )

No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: what's happening in that scan? What is inside him?

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jestersmiles

@sog7dc: Vision trying to phase through him, it work the first time but Ultron did not fall for it a second time. Which means he be ready for MM.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Thank you for the scans , they are awesome :).

Now my only question is , if it that easy to defeated him, why don't they do it every time he shows up?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: By the looks of it he was able to match Vision body to push him away.

You could ask @omgomgwtfwtf more about it, but the scans clearly shows he stopped vision from phasing through him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: also, he won't necessarily be ready for J'onn. He has no clue what. J'onn can do.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: no but he is familiar with Phasing , he dealt with someone who is just like J'onn. So phasing won't work on Ultron.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

Well for plot reasons at times. You have to take into account the fight between 2 character(s) is portrayed in a way that best suits the story as opposed to being an accurate depiction of how two characters with certain power set would react.

Else most stories going from Avengers/ Ultraforce 2001 series all the way to recent Hickman's New Avengers were Infinity Gauntlet was finally destroyed, every single threat to Earth could have been solve by a simple means: the infinity gauntlet. Thor could potentially defeat half of his most powerful foes as well as a lot of Avengers foes like Titanus, Destroyer , Mangog, Sinister Six etc simply by teleporting them away.

Age of Ultron could have rather easily been solved by Magneto and Polaris showing up >.>

They don't normally exploit a villain's vulnerability, specially the big villains.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SOG7dc

@jestersmiles: it doesn't seem that way to me. It seems like a psychological attack or repellant based on Ultron saying, "I hope the rest of you likes what they find there." What does that mean? Do you have the prior and subsequent scans so I can get some context? It doesn't seem, based on what you've shown me, that Ultron matched the immaterial nature of Vision and repelled him.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: No that Vision trying to Phase through, If you think other wise then w/e. That clearly Vision trying to phase through him. Even ultron tell him so. "Your hands can pass through me"

But if you want to do mental Gymnastic by all means....

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: he's dealt with it before but that doesn't mean he's always ready for it. Unless Ultron automatically assumes everyone he encounters has that ability. Also, Vision and J'onn aren't just alike. J'onn is far stronger, has heat vision (which is stupid, I know), is a great telepath, and is incredibly faster. Not to mention shape shifting.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

Reread my comment. I'm not saying Vision wasn't phasing. I'm saying there's no reason or evidence to support the theory that Ultron matched Vision's density and repelled him. Ultron says, "I hope the rest of you likes what they find there." And then Vision was repelled. What was Ultron talking about, is the question that I'm asking.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: they both still have phasing and you telling me someone as smart as Ultron (a living computer) that HAS faced that typed of attack before won't be able to figure it out?

If you say so....

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Claymore1998

@sog7dc: By the looks of it he was able to match Vision body to push him away.

You could ask @omgomgwtfwtf more about it, but the scans clearly shows he stopped vision from phasing through him.

The issue (West Cost Avengers # 90) does not explain what was done to counter the phasing. It was been mentioned earlier, way back in Avengers # 57, that Ultron counters Vision's intangibility by changing his own density, so perhaps that's what he did. This not only allowed him to counter phasing through him, it also allowed Ultron to be able to tag Vision even in his intangible form.

Martian Manhunter's intangibility works very similarly to Vision as far as Pre 52 continuity is concerned, I am however unsure if the same remains true in New 52.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

Well for plot reasons at times. You have to take into account the fight between 2 character(s) is portrayed in a way that best suits the story as opposed to being an accurate depiction of how two characters with certain power set would react.

Else most stories going from Avengers/ Ultraforce 2001 series all the way to recent Hickman's New Avengers were Infinity Gauntlet was finally destroyed, every single threat to Earth could have been solve by a simple means: the infinity gauntlet. Thor could potentially defeat half of his most powerful foes as well as a lot of Avengers foes like Titanus, Destroyer , Mangog, Sinister Six etc simply by teleporting them away.

Age of Ultron could have rather easily been solved by Magneto and Polaris showing up >.>

They don't normally exploit a villain's vulnerability, specially the big villains.

Lol so true xD....That one made me laugh ^ ^

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

I'm saying that a bloodlusted Martian Manhunter will be too fast for Ultron to learn "this green guy has intangibility"

Being a living computer doesn't mean that. Ultron automatically knows everything about everyone he faces

He's faced that type of attack before but that does not mean he's always ready for that type of attack.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Ultron is also bloodlusted...if a computer can be.

Anyway that is all MM has on Ultron , and Ultron has a counter for that. So seeing as Ultron can counter MM only means of winning . Ultron wins.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

What counter?

MMH is also stronger, has his heat vision which has already been stated to be a weakness for Ultron in this thread, he can shapeshifter to increase his already immense strength.

Whoever said that's J'onn's only means of winning?

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jestersmiles

@sog7dc: MM is not breaking his armor no matter what he Shape shift into. If you think so that fine by me , but that going to happen. And that fire weakness has never happen again.

Anyway Ultron can DL his mind into a other body if need be.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

So? It's happened in Ultron's continuity. Heat is a weakness for Ultron--one that J'onn will readily exploit with Heat vision the way he did against Zod.

Also, there's no reason that intangibility wouldn't work. I need context to examine the Vision scene and you haven't provided that. Ultron said, "I hope the rest of you likes what they find in there." Since you yourself have mused about Ultron's intelligence, then he would certainly have a reason for saying that. So I'll ask again, what was inside Ultron that repelled Vision?

Finally, there isn't anything that I know of that Ultron could do to harm J'onn.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Ok w/e I am not going to continue with this.

Think w/e you want. If you want to keep doing mental Gymnastic then by all means but don't tag me again. It clear as day you are letting your fanboyism get the better of you.

Good day.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@jestersmiles:

So? It's happened in Ultron's continuity. Heat is a weakness for Ultron--one that J'onn will readily exploit with Heat vision the way he did against Zod.

This would depend on how Hot Martian Vision is. Being able to melt the ice might not be enough evidence to suggest he could melt adamantium though.

I do not think Martian Manhunter is stronger to be honest, given the way Ultron has manhandled Thor in the past, also taken him out with all but 1 energy attack. The same might actually be sufficient from Manhunter.

I am rather taken aback you have made a pretty strong case for speed, though i dont actually recall any real speed feat from Martian Manhunter in the new continuity that would make him a threat for Ultron, speedwise. But perhaps you could correct me on that, ^_^

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: ugh. So I guess there's no chance of you proving any of your claims? K thanks bye.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jestersmiles

@sog7dc: I told you not to tag me but if you want it so bad

No Caption Provided

Clearly states Ultron has evolved pass his weakness of being phased through.

Again I repeat DON't TAG ME.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998:

It was hot enough to harm Zod iirc.

Oh I must disagree. MMH recently helped stop the descent of Brainiac's ship. Brainiacs ship was...well, look for yourself:

http://i.imgur.com/LHftXcL.jpg

Manhunter could go intangible and let any blast pass through him so I don't think an attack like that would be quite as potent as one would think.

As far as his speed I remember him, though I'd have to look at my comics to be sure, he was traveling FTL with Superman recently.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SOG7dc

@jestersmiles: bravo, you dispelled my suspicion that MMH could phase through him...you also showed me a character much weaker than J'onn ripping Ultron's arm off, though. I'll stop tagging you now.