• 58 results
#1 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

RULES

• No Prep
  • Morals on (if applicable i.e Ultraman has none)
  • Glads has full confidence
  • Pre and Post 52 feats
  • battle takes place in abandoned world similar to earth
#2 Posted by dondave (36394 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a horrible Gladiator picture

#3 Posted by TheMagicStik (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

I forget, does Bizarro have a weakness to magic?

Anyways team one should win, Ultraman is a ruthless crueler version of Superman, morals on Ultraman blitz's the shit out of Thor and knocks him into a coma then takes on Gladiator with some help from Bizarro, tbh Ultraman might be able to 1v2.

#4 Posted by generator2000 (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Gladiator, maybe.

#5 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

lol so team 2 wins due to better pics, got it.

#6 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

and the Bizarro one isn't?

#7 Posted by dondave (36394 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Its not that bad and compared to the Gladiator picture it's a master piece

#8 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@dondave said:

no problem with the constipated Ultraman?

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (8067 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you couldn't find worse picture of Thor didn't you OP?

#10 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor looks like a bloated Neanderthal and Gladiator looks like an insanely ripped female.

#11 Posted by patzello (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator, as portrayed by Derek Zoolander!

I kinda like T_shirt clad Bizzaro, though...

#12 Posted by RetconCrisis (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

We've all strayed off the topic... although I agree Gladiator in that pic with elf ears and thunder thighs... ugh.

I think Team 2 wins. Ultraman is not as strong as Superman, both Superwoman and Ultraman got their butts whooped by an angry Superman. Only Ultraman in the animated movie was stronger than Superman. And with Glads having full confidence, I see him holding Bizarro long enough for Thor to come in and beat him after beating Ultraman.

#13 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 wins....assuming this isnt new 52 bizarro that lex made.

i dont know who would win between gladiator and thor but

both ultraman and bizarro > thor

#14 Edited by Experio (15270 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Gladiator assuming he has 100% confidence? Even without it, him and Thor are pretty much equal

#15 Posted by JwwProd (9112 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking team 1.

BTW as other have said that picture of Gladiator that the op is using is awful!

#16 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 ftw

#17 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins.

Gladiator at full confidence can beat either of them, and frankly Thor can as well.

#18 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how. They have one single advantage, speed.

And even if they were both > than Thor (They aren't) Thor only needs to be able to hold one off long enough for full confidence Gladiator to beat the other, then they can double team whoever is left.

#19 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

we need to see scans of ultraman. but if he's basically an evil superman, team 1 wins this.

#20 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

And even if they were both > than Thor (They aren't) Thor only needs to be able to hold one off long enough for full confidence Gladiator to beat the other, then they can double team whoever is left.

This reply made me go "huhhh??" If ultraman is just evil superman then yes, both are greater than thor. and gladiator isnt beating superman, much less an evil superman. so yea

#21 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

This reply made me go "huhhh??" If ultraman is just evil superman then yes, both are greater than thor. and gladiator isnt beating superman, much less an evil superman. so yea

What?

Just because someone is an evil version of someone else doesn't give them the same feats.

In addition a 100% confidence Gladiator would beat Superman(pretty sure it has even been done before), the only limit to Gladiators strength is his confidence, I am pretty sure he has survived a supernova, so how is either person on team 1 going to take him down?

Also according to Thor's feats he has multi-planet level durability, in addition to at least planet breaking strength. The only thing keeping him from wiping the floor with the other team is his combat speed. That is it.

It is one of the most argued points on here is who would win Thor or Superman? In fact it is about 50/50 on who is better. And Superman has beaten both of these guys pretty consistently, so I see no reason to state that either of them would beat Thor.

#22 Posted by Hyperlight (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know enough about that ultraman but team 2 could whoop tale

#23 Posted by patzello (431 posts) - - Show Bio

I would side with team 2, although it would be very close.

#24 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tough fight, but I think Team 1 takes it

#25 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about New 52 Ultraman, but pre-52 Ultraman wasn't exactly impressive in the Earth 2 graphic novel. He couldn't even break out of the force-field that Kyle Rayner put over the entire Moon. Despite repeated attempts for 'hours'. And later on he was trounced by Martian Manhunter (though in fairness, he was in a weakened state).

#26 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@dondave said:

no problem with the constipated Ultraman?

lol you couldn't find worse picture of Thor didn't you OP?

Thor looks like a bloated Neanderthal and Gladiator looks like an insanely ripped female.

@patzello said:

Gladiator, as portrayed by Derek Zoolander!

I kinda like T_shirt clad Bizzaro, though...

We've all strayed off the topic... although I agree Gladiator in that pic with elf ears and thunder thighs... ugh.

I think Team 2 wins. Ultraman is not as strong as Superman, both Superwoman and Ultraman got their butts whooped by an angry Superman. Only Ultraman in the animated movie was stronger than Superman. And with Glads having full confidence, I see him holding Bizarro long enough for Thor to come in and beat him after beating Ultraman.

@jwwprod said:

Thinking team 1.

BTW as other have said that picture of Gladiator that the op is using is awful!

lol it was bad pic monday....................I just chose the first solo pics that popped up when I searched them

#27 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Team two easily. Gladiator too strong.

#28 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

Just because someone is an evil version of someone else doesn't give them the same feats.

In addition a 100% confidence Gladiator would beat Superman(pretty sure it has even been done before), the only limit to Gladiators strength is his confidence, I am pretty sure he has survived a supernova, so how is either person on team 1 going to take him down?

Also according to Thor's feats he has multi-planet level durability, in addition to at least planet breaking strength. The only thing keeping him from wiping the floor with the other team is his combat speed. That is it.

It is one of the most argued points on here is who would win Thor or Superman? In fact it is about 50/50 on who is better. And Superman has beaten both of these guys pretty consistently, so I see no reason to state that either of them would beat Thor.

lol i stopped reading at gladiator could beat superman. thats ridiculous. "and for that reason, I"m out"

#29 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

exactly this. Really Bizzaro is too dumb, and in the matchup I would like to see, Thor lays down the thunder on him quite easily.

Thor trumps Bizzaro in durability, energy projection, strength, fighting prowress, elemental control, and even speed. i will not go into each one in excessive detail, and post tones of scan, to make it easier just read this:

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/current-thor-respect-thread-1480280/

shows everything needed and provides details on why he beats bizzaro in 1:1 easily enough.

now as far as 100 % gladiator VS Utraman? similar story. I think besides higher durability, higher ends strength showings, greater speed feats....what really earns Gladiator the win is his dedication to winning. Integrity and character defects plague Ultraman and he would end up retreating if losing badly or even doubting losing.

Similarly, check this out though and will educate you on Gladiator.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/thesilentghost/blog/respect-gladiator/84525/

Thor Gladiator win this due to higher ends feats, higher power sets, more experience, and better fighting skills.

#30 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

lol i stopped reading at gladiator could beat superman. thats ridiculous. "and for that reason, I"m out"

If that stopped you, you need to go read a Gladiator vs Superman thread and educate yourself a bit. Because it is no joke.

#31 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

If that stopped you, you need to go read a Gladiator vs Superman thread and educate yourself a bit. Because it is no joke.

oh, I have. And THATS why i say what i say.

#32 Edited by GhostRavage (8825 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator beats Superman in pretty much every area. The guy is a walking planet buster claimed on panel as well as having WAY too much time with his powers and even more experience fighting. Majestor gives the Team the edge they need.

Even though they are supposed to be similar, Gladiator is portrayed at a higher rank than Superman. I would put Gladiator on Cyborg Superman's tier tbh.

#33 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

I doubt it, since if you had, you would know what I was talking about.

Go read what @cosmicallyaware1 said as well. You are sadly uneducated on who Gladiator is and what Gladiator at 100% confidence means.

#34 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

Go read what @cosmicallyaware1 said as well. You are sadly uneducated on who Gladiator is and what Gladiator at 100% confidence means.

Wrong. I actually love gladiator. He just loses. ive read plenty of pages on superman vs gladiator.

#35 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

Wrong. I actually love gladiator. He just loses. ive read plenty of pages on superman vs gladiator.

Again you clearly haven't.

100% confidence Gladiator means that we use all of his high end feats, and essentially none of his lower ones. His higher end feats easily match and in many cases outstrip Superman's feats.

And they sure as hell outstrip Bizzaro and Ultraman's feats.

#36 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

100% confidence Gladiator means that we use all of his high end feats, and essentially none of his lower ones. His higher end feats easily match and in many cases outstrip Superman's feats.

ohhh, are we assuming that his confidence will never waiver?? did i miss that in the op?

#37 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:
@man_of_miracles said:
@foreverevil said:

What?

ohhh, are we assuming that his confidence will never waiver?? did i miss that in the op?

The fact that the OP specified his confidence level implies such. But to be sure, lets ask shall we?

@theamazingimmortalman Gladiator is at full confidence as stated in your OP. However @foreverevil would like to know if his confidence can waiver for the purpose of this fight?

In addition we are getting a bit off topic. It is Ultraman, and Bizzaro in this fight, neither of them are Superman, and their feats overall, are not nearly as impressive as Superman's.

#38 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: @man_of_miracles: Maybe I should have specified sorry but yes his confidence can waiver, he just starts with 100% confidence

#41 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: @man_of_miracles: Maybe I should have specified sorry but yes his confidence can waiver, he just starts with 100% confidence

ok cool. thats just what i thought but wasnt sure. thanks for the update. i gotta get going so unfortunately i probably wont be able to hangout here on this thread much longer. see yall around.

#42 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman said:

ok cool. thats just what i thought but wasnt sure. thanks for the update. i gotta get going so unfortunately i probably wont be able to hangout here on this thread much longer. see yall around.

In that case I would agree that Superman would beat him.

However it is still not Superman that he is fighting, but rather 2 Superman-like characters who are actually inferior to Superman.

#43 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by RetconCrisis (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Gladiator beats Superman in pretty much every area. The guy is a walking planet buster claimed on panel as well as having WAY too much time with his powers and even more experience fighting. Majestor gives the Team the edge they need.

Even though they are supposed to be similar, Gladiator is portrayed at a higher rank than Superman. I would put Gladiator on Cyborg Superman's tier tbh.

I wouldn't say Cyborg Superman. He's close, but not that near his level of power. I'd say he's only a little higher than Superman. The only reason why Glads has better feats is because he's not afraid to use his full power, sorta like Mister Majestic. If Supes was to use his full power without holding back and wasn't afraid to kill people, then he'd be around Glad's tier.

Also, Cyborg Superman is stupid-powerful. He made Mongul II (someone who can be at Wonder Woman's level at his peak, heck maybe even higher; during Post-COIE) kiss his toes and kneel before him. He can't die, can shapeshift, make technology from his body, and absorb any tech. Imagine if he got his hand on Celestial (Marvel) tech. He'd be much stronger than Apocalypse.

#45 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#46 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2935 posts) - - Show Bio

re-bump................

#47 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Lol, so true! Here is a more dignified one:

#48 Posted by medulaoblaganda (904 posts) - - Show Bio

thor and and a 100 percentage gladiator's confidence wins because gladiator is more aggressive than superman, and he is not afraid to kill, he tends not to hold back is power. Thor usually hold back alot on earth. thor will godblast bizarro's ass. and please dont tell bizarro will survive that blast. lol. gladiator on the other hand will definitely beat ultra man. gladiator with full confidence is practically invincible. gladiator will never give up is confidence.

#49 Posted by godzilla44 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

thor and and a 100 percentage gladiator's confidence wins because gladiator is more aggressive than superman, and he is not afraid to kill, he tends not to hold back is power. Thor usually hold back alot on earth. thor will godblast bizarro's ass. and please dont tell bizarro will survive that blast. lol. gladiator on the other hand will definitely beat ultra man. gladiator with full confidence is practically invincible. gladiator will never give up is confidence.

Ultra man has no morals he doesn't mine to kill, he doesn't hold back. Thor won't godblast it's not in character to just godblast a enemy he has never seen, plus it takes a long time to charge it up. What are gladiator feats that put him above ultra man.

#50 Edited by Hulkman123 (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 in a decent fight.