Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

The atrocious albino arthropod versus the ghastly gorilla Grodd!!

They do battle with their considerable wits on the gargantuan wizard chess board implemented to guard the philosophers stone in the first Harry Potter book.

Neither are allowed to read the others mind to predict their next move.

Bonus round:The winner faces Luthor

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By beatboks1

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

The atrocious albino arthropod versus the ghastly gorilla Grodd!!

They do battle with their considerable wits on the gargantuan wizard chess board implemented to guard the philosophers stone in the first Harry Potter book.

Grodd is not allowed to read the Ultra-Humanite's mind to predict his next move.

Bonus round:The winner faces Luthor

Why limit Grodd and not Ultra. Ultra is every bit as powerful a TPer as Grodd if not more. He certainly has more mental abilities.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

Sorry I have fallen into the trap of forgetting to properly research a character before placing them in a thread, I wasn't aware he possessed TP abilities I was only aware he could transfer his consciousness. I'll edit the OP

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XLR87T3

@beatboks1: I thought Humanite can only transfer his consciousness

E5TEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle you should probably move it to discussion.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: Ultra has TP battled Brainwave Snr to a stalemate (won after BW Jnr was in danger and Snr was distracted protecting his son). TP controlled all the members of Infinity Inc during their Debut to fight thier parents in the past.

When it comes to tranfering his "mind he actuallly does that via Brain Transplant (he was the one to develop the procedure). Just that these days he does it with TK as often as actually operate.

When in the body of Delores Winters (a 40's movie star) he acquired the powerstone and imbedded it in his/her forehead with its power. He absorbed much of its power into his brain and kept it in all later incarnations.

He's actuallly much more powerful telepathically than Grodd given that Brainwave Snr on debut TP made Spectre wander off after some "percieved threat" when he first faced the JSA. Also BW Snr has planet wide TP feats.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Is Brainwave as good as MMH or Professor X?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: Brainwave Snr is easily as good as both IMHO.

He has as mentioned TP'd the Corrigan Spectre. He has also TP'd the entire planet and made the entire world perceive what he wanted (All Star 54/55)_ In addition to which he makes GL like Constructs with his mental power and projects his thoughts three dimensionally.

Jnr originally wasn't. When his dad died he gave Jnr his power on top of his own which made him more powerful. He has also TP scanned the planet and succeed where MMH failed in casually TPin Black Adam, but he hasn't the feats of his father outside of beating Ultra. He definitely hasn't the defense though.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra-Humanite.

Generally displays more tact.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Probably Ultra but it's close

I'd say they both lose to Luthor

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Wow, Brainwave is really underrated, even more than Ultra-Humanite! So you're saying that offensively he's a good telepath, but defensively he's bad? How does that even work?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By beatboks1

@xlr87t3 said:

@beatboks1: Wow, Brainwave is really underrated, even more than Ultra-Humanite! So you're saying that offensively he's a good telepath, but defensively he's bad? How does that even work?

Way I see it (and frankly it's purely speculation on my part) TP defense when it comes to keeping control of the the thoughts of others in your head comes from becoming slowly accustomed to it as your power grows.

No Caption Provided

When Snr dies he gifted all his power to his son on top of hank King Jnr's own. hank had over the years of his life learned to keep control of the level of TP that he had attained as it developed but the sudden bump, was simply a huge rise in power fast that he didn't adapt to as it developed.

No Caption Provided

His Tp power got a massive boost without the chance for him to build up a tolerance to the minds he'd sense as a result. There was another scan That I'm struggling to find where he explains he always has 1000's of minds flooding his own at the same time.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra-Humanite. Grodd is too often depicted as a brainless savage and I haven't honestly read anything with him where he's been depicted as intelligent.