No Caption Provided

Random encounter. Who wins?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a deceptively good match. I'm not as familiar with Ultra-Humanite as I am Despero, but from what I've seen I'd favor Despero. He seems to be more fleshed out as something of a bulldozing-powerhouse.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 You know quite a lot about Ultra-Humanite. Ideas on this fight?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

This would be a hell of a match with very little in it. TP/ TK wise I'd say they are very close Despero may have a slight edge but not enough to actually make a difference. Strength wise also very close also. In durability Despero has a distinct advantage in that he has invulnerability. Ultra would match his blunt force Durability He has Hurt by piercing damage. I would say that Despero wins after hard fought battle

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be a hell of a match with very little in it. TP/ TK wise I'd say they are very close Despero may have a slight edge but not enough to actually make a difference. Strength wise also very close also. In durability Despero has a distinct advantage in that he has invulnerability. Ultra would match his blunt force Durability He has Hurt by piercing damage. I would say that Despero wins after hard fought battle

Do you think that Ultra's intelligence would play any role? I mean, Despero is a powerhouse, but not that smart. It's kind of Ultra's intelligence against Despero's rage here.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By patrat18

@beatboks1 said:

Do you think that Ultra's intelligence would play any role? I mean, Despero is a powerhouse, but not that smart. It's kind of Ultra's intelligence against Despero's rage here.

Both great points. Ultra is alot smarter than Despero. That could give him the win.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By beatboks1

@willpayton: if there was any prep or even warning rather than impromptu I would say yes Ultra could come up with a win. In a random encounter I would say Despero's brutality and drive wouldn't allow Ultra the chance to bring his intellect to bare.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By God_of_Batman

Despero but my God, this would be one hell of a match.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

Isn't New 52 Despero kind of..unimpressive compared to his Pre 52 counterpart?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Images are both pre 52

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

Images are both pre 52

So it is. My bad.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By willpayton

Despero but my God, this would be one hell of a match.

Yeah, I've love to read that comic.

cosmoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go Ultra Humanite, Beatboks has a great breakdown:

It wasn't from an alternate reality at all. The events of that story were a time travelling story that prevented an alternate reality.

OR are we now to assume the fight so often referenced by Wonder Woman supporters where she does well vs a blood lusted Superman who believes her to be Doomsday who had just killed Lois(courtesy Of Maxwell Lords TP) is non cannon?? It is after all part of the SAME reality as the one that Ultra visited and fought the JLA with the rest of the time stealers.

I also wouldn't be so quick to write Ultra off in a TP battle. One of Jonn's best feats in TP is reading Spectre.

Brainwave Snr was able to TP push Spectre to leave before a fight way back before his powers grew to the levels they eventually became

No Caption Provided

This was six months before he first fought the JSA in All Star Squadron 19 (retconned new first battle)

in his next battle he'd grown enough to make TP/mind constrructs to fight Spectre (3rd scan v) and every single encounter with the JSA was set up to drain their mental energy with his cerebral machine and boost his own

Yet after decades of building his power to where it ended up he and Ultra were mentally powered equals

No Caption Provided

Ultra was Brainwave Snr's equal he was only able to beat BW because of his paternal concern for his son and the distraction that caused.

added to which Ultra was also able to telepathically control and dominate a group of heres from the dimension of Limbo

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This mind you is the dimension of Limbo that saps the will of anyone who enters it. it was used by the crime syndicate as a place to trap the JLA/JSA for this reason. When trapped there Alan Scot and Hal Jordan didn't even have enough will to break free of the most basic entrapment.

He;s not a TP lightweight by any means and when it comes to TK he's well above MMH

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

he can casually throw Superman around and deal with Alan Scot and before you say he wont have the power stone here the whole reason he HAS his mental powers after obtaining it is because he/she embedded it in his skull so that his mind was bathed in its power. there is also how he later used his TK to control energy and matter

PooPooEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesnt despero stomp, an argumably weakened power girl beat ultra humanite whle despero is a team buster. anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

cosmoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cosmoman

@poopooeater: I mean Wondergirl beat Despero if we're keeping it a stack.

• Ultra Humanite beat powergirl unconscious, and only "lost" in Rd 2 when she accidentally threw him in a chemical that burned his flesh into pulp.
  • Despero "lost" to wondergirl in a straight beatdown due to PIS

On average Ultra humanite ususally takes multiple heroes to be matched, like Despero on average. Brainwave with prep was matched by UH as well. Those 2 are among the top in DC outside of Saturn girl.

• Ultra humanite vs MMH taken from time during infinite crisis:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

PooPooEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman: fair. i didnt remember that, but ill go reread the powergirl comic.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By king_majestros

Despero edges out but Ultra-Humanite makes him work for it in a tough yet excellent match.