#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Shadow Cat, Xavier (With Walking Armor), Magneto, and Colossus (Banshee)

Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern.

• All Current Versions
  • Battle is Death or KO.
  • Battle in a Forest.
  • They start 1000 meters apart.
  • They have 5 minuet prep (For Shields, Mind Reading, TP Links, Discuss Strategy, ect.)

#2 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: If only I knew anything about the new 52.

#3 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

in new 52:

superman has gone 134 times faster than light

flash has gone fast enough to time travel

hal jordan is the same hal jordan from before new 52

wonder woman is basically another superman

#4 Posted by dondave (38817 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Do you have an Ultimate Universe rescpect thread ?

#5 Posted by GhostRider2 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think they can deal with Iceman.

#6 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@cadencev2: Do you have an Ultimate Universe rescpect thread ?

I do actually.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/ultimate-x-men-tribute-1458952/#0

#7 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

flash goes back in time and takes everyone out. seals them in the speed force and leaves them to die before the fight begins.

#8 Posted by dondave (38817 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

flash goes back in time and takes everyone out. seals them in the speed force and leaves them to die before the fight begins.

So what your saying is Phoenix freezes Flash in time and atomizes him?

She has both powers. Anyway this is in character battle, lets not get stupid with "Flash does this, but never in character!" arguments.

#10 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

She has both powers. Anyway this is in character battle, lets not get stupid with "Flash does this, but never in character!" arguments.

phoenix?????? it says jean grey dude.

#11 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@cadencev2 said:

@convenientlie said:

Yeah, and your point?

Unless you are thinking 616 version. In the Ultimate version Jean Grey always has been Phoenix. Since she was born and still is now. Current version keeps the force locked up. Like Naruto with the 9 Tail Fox. She lets it out when she gets desperate.

So in character her power and feats ..... why am I explaining this to you? I put up the Link above of her story and feats.

#12 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@cadencev2 said:

@convenientlie said:

Yeah, and your point?

Unless you are thinking 616 version. In the Ultimate version Jean Grey always has been Phoenix. Since she was born and still is now. Current version keeps the force locked up. Like Naruto with the 9 Tail Fox. She lets it out when she gets desperate.

So in character her power and feats ..... why am I explaining this to you? I put up the Link above of her story and feats.

oh i didnt see that. but so WAIT, you think putting the PHOENIX against 4 justice leaguers who barely have any feats due to the reboot is a fair fight???

#14 Edited by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Thanks to Lobdell Fan-Wank Superman has stupid feats which outrank his pre flash-point. Take him out and replace him with someone else......

I can think of 3 way of ending him.

1) Kitty can and has Phase things out. Like say a brain or a heart. She also can Phase someon into a Incapcitation. When she Phases someone with her touch, thats it they stay phased, they are in her control till she un phases them.

2) Mind Rape. Jean, Rogue (with Jeans power), and Xavier are in this fight.

3) Atomizing. Jean can atomize things with her TK.

I think Superman is soloing here. He is fine with the team.This is all in character fight.

#16 Posted by dondave (38817 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult X-Men ftw

#17 Posted by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I didn't notice the prep time lol. Morals on?

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4199 posts) - - Show Bio

Xmen stomp, they don't even need that big of a rooster considering Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix on panel in the Ultimate universe basically created that universe.

#20 Edited by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: My mistake then, for some strange reason I saw morals off and didn't seem the prep time, so assumed Supes would speed-blitz. Given the stipulations, I'd go for the Ultimates

#21 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

Xmen stomp, they don't even need that big of a rooster considering Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix on panel in the Ultimate universe basically created that universe.

To be fair, Jean is like Sentry, Sentry keeps Void locked up inside, so does Jean with Phoenix. She has great power, but keeps the Phoenix locked up.

#22 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4199 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

To be fair, Jean is like Sentry, Sentry keeps Void locked up inside, so does Jean with Phoenix. She has great power, but keeps the Phoenix locked up.

Right but she can still fly to the end of the universe in less than two months, rewrite history and barge into Heaven, there would be no reason for her to hold back against them considering she didn't when going up against one opponent when she fought Apoc.

#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

Right but she can still fly to the end of the universe in less than two months, rewrite history and barge into Heaven, there would be no reason for her to hold back against them considering she didn't when going up against one opponent when she fought Apoc.

Actually Apocalypse force Jean to let Phoenix out, simply because he was killing Xavier and she pleaded for Phoenix to intervene.

Same with her other 2 showings vs Xavier. Jean keeps it in check.

#24 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4199 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

@cadencev2 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

Actually Apocalypse force Jean to let Phoenix out, simply because he was killing Xavier and she pleaded for Phoenix to intervene.

So why wouldn't she make the same plea instead of watching her people die at the hands of several threats that potentially outclass Apocalypse?

#25 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cadencev2 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

So why wouldn't she make the same plea instead of watching her people die at the hands of several threats that potentially outclass Apocalypse?

point taken, Hope the DC Team does not Kill.

#26 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men ftw,

Kitty stays phased and uses her powers with lethal force, Phoenix stomps, Xavier and Rogue TP, Collossus does some damage, Iceman stomps

#27 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Justice League may be a bit much. Phoenix is the only one who really has much of a chance here... and this is coming from a guy who doesn't overly care for the DC line-up, and loves Ultimate Marvel...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#28 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

I think Justice League may be a bit much. Phoenix is the only one who really has much of a chance here... and this is coming from a guy who doesn't overly care for the DC line-up, and loves Ultimate Marvel...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Rogue can gain the Majority of Jeans power with a Touch. Kitty can make the whole team Intangible as well rip organs out with Intangibility. Magneto can Obliterate on the Molecule Level like he did to Wolverine in Ultimatum.

They have ways to make this interesting.

#29 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman new 52 just got high level motherbox psychic blocks from orion. I say they can do it but it wouldnt be easy to get into his head now and if he feels it he can kill xavier or jean if not in phoenix form already in one shot. But overall martian manhunter should be added or xmen take this more times than not.

#30 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Rogue can gain the Majority of Jeans power with a Touch. Kitty can make the whole team Intangible as well rip organs out with Intangibility. Magneto can Obliterate on the Molecule Level like he did to Wolverine in Ultimatum.

And most of the Justice League should be able to put them down before they have a chance to think. Even with intangibility. The only hopes the X-Team has is that the Justice League goes easy on them and doesn't start off using so much as 1% of their potential.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@cadencev2 said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

And most of the Justice League should be able to put them down before they have a chance to think. Even with intangibility. The only hopes the X-Team has is that the Justice League goes easy on them and doesn't start off using so much as 1% of their potential.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well duh, That is why I added this.

• They have 5 minuet prep (For Shields, Mind Reading, TP Links, Discuss Strategy, ect.)

So Speed Blitz away, they should be ready.

#32 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@cadencev2 said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well duh, That is why I added this.

So Speed Blitz away, they should be ready.

They can be ready all they want... all those Telepaths still need time to think.... time a serious JL with this roster just won't give them. Unfortunately there's just not a lot of Marvel Characters that can hang with folks that have the Speed-blitz ability of this JL roster. Even Jean needs time to bust out the phoenix, and by definition of win, all the JL needs is KO's, I see no reason why they can't just KO Jean quickly... the Phoenix can bring her back from such a thing, but once she's out.... she's out. So long as they eliminate Xavier at pretty much the same time, they should be able to deal with the rest of the team. Magneto and Iceman are powerful, but their abilities are less useful than the TP'ers and they "ideally" go down quickly thereafter. Magneto drops to the sheer power of the Superman/Wonderwoman combo, and Iceman too the Flash in any number of ways. (The way I see it, speed creates friction which creates heat... as much as the flash wants..... and that's probably over-complicating things) As far as Pryde's intangibility I say a thunder-clap or tornado should deal with that, though she could be dangerous. Rouge may take Xavier's or Jean's powers but that doesn't mean she's proficient with them at all.... she goes down as well. As far as Colossus, he's a great tank, but that's all he is. His DPS shouldn't be anywhere near Flash, Superman, or Wonderwomans..... he may go down last, but he goes down easiest and is the least of the threats.

JL ftw.

#33 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

They can be ready all they want... all those Telepaths still need time to think.... time a serious JL with this roster just won't give them. Unfortunately there's just not a lot of Marvel Characters that can hang with folks that have the Speed-blitz ability of this JL roster. Even Jean needs time to bust out the phoenix, and by definition of win, all the JL needs is KO's, I see no reason why they can't just KO Jean quickly... the Phoenix can bring her back from such a thing, but once she's out.... she's out. So long as they eliminate Xavier at pretty much the same time, they should be able to deal with the rest of the team. Magneto and Iceman are powerful, but their abilities are less useful than the TP'ers and they "ideally" go down quickly thereafter. Magneto drops to the sheer power of the Superman/Wonderwoman combo, and Iceman too the Flash in any number of ways. (The way I see it, speed creates friction which creates heat... as much as the flash wants..... and that's probably over-complicating things) As far as Pryde's intangibility I say a thunder-clap or tornado should deal with that, though she could be dangerous. Rouge may take Xavier's or Jean's powers but that doesn't mean she's proficient with them at all.... she goes down as well. As far as Colossus, he's a great tank, but that's all he is. His DPS shouldn't be anywhere near Flash, Superman, or Wonderwomans..... he may go down last, but he goes down easiest and is the least of the threats.

JL ftw.

So your saying the JL Team with practically no scans or battles of Speed Blitzing a foe right off the bat will.... speed blitz out of character here?

After all it is a random battle. Except with Prep time to mind read the JL than can figure their powers. Also how do they Speed Blitz Kitty Pride who can and has turn the team Intangible? Also Rogue can absorb, and has, Jeans as well Kitty's power set to add another Omega Teleptah and Phaser.

I think your clearly ignoring the 5 minuet stand off they are having and the in character of what these character have done in battles.

This is no way a easy win at all, especially with 2 characters who can phase, 3 Omega Telepaths, and Jean Phoenix who shown to think at FTL speeds.

But then most people like to play up the Speed Blitz thing when it is not in character for DC team to ever use it and I negated it completly with the minor Prep time for X-Men to abuse for a chance.

#34 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Question. Could Rogue really be considered an Omega level Telepath here? Even if absorbing Prof. X, Jean, or both abilities, wouldn't she be, quite below them in terms of skill? IIRC she could absorb memories just like she can take abilities, but can she do the same with skill, and can that really apply with Telepathy?

Not debating against the X-Men to be honest, I believe they could take it, specially with the prep time. Without it I think it could be very close, since I doubt the JL will start blitzing off the bat in a random battle against people they don't even know.

#35 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Question. Could Rogue really be considered an Omega level Telepath here? Even if absorbing Prof. X, Jean, or both abilities, wouldn't she be, quite below them in terms of skill? IIRC she could absorb memories just like she can take abilities, but can she do the same with skill, and can that really apply with Telepathy?

Not debating against the X-Men to be honest, I believe they could take it, specially with the prep time. Without it I think it could be very close, since I doubt the JL will start blitzing off the bat in a random battle against people they don't even know.

Yes, Rogue can absorb skill as well Memories in both the 616 verse and Ultimate Verse.

In fact Ultimate Rogue even explains how she absorb the skill and language of Gambit after kissing him for a mere 5 seconds.

So in absorbing Jean or Xavier, she gets that power and skill they had at the time with it.

#36 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain said:

Yes, Rogue can absorb skill as well Memories in both the 616 verse and Ultimate Verse.

In fact Ultimate Rogue even explains how she absorb the skill and language of Gambit after kissing him for a mere 5 seconds.

So in absorbing Jean or Xavier, she gets that power and skill they had at the time with it.

Thanks. That's actually quite interesting indeed then, because Rogue has been shown capable of absorbing quite a lot of powers at the same time without any kind or recoil, and also using them together in quite creative ways, like when she fought that Predator X using the students powers.

#37 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

JL