#1 Posted by jashro44 (23659 posts) - - Show Bio
VS

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Pre 52 deathstroke
  • as the title says this is ultimate wolverine
  • standard gear
  • random encounter
  • Win by any means (getting knocked off the roof=BFR)

• Both begin visible
  • begin 30 feat apart
  • fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by comicace3 (6343 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty big place Deathstroke would run and hide until he comes up with a plan. I know deathstroke can be smelled a mile away which is why he would have to keep moving. If not he dies.

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (14373 posts) - - Show Bio

Still siding with Wolverine.

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie

#5 Posted by XLR87T3 (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan hunts Deathstroke like an animal, and Deathstroke is prey. The Wolverine wins.

#6 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: @comicace3: @nickzambuto: @evilvegeta74:

Does Deathstroke have his Promethium Blade? If so, they both have near indestructible weapons, and Deathstroke's armor is promethium and Kevlar so wolverine's claws would have a lot of trouble going through promethium which is similar to adamantium. They both are amazing fighters and both heal and have extended lives. But I think that Deathstroke's increased brain usage will allow him to calculate and possibly knock out wolverine with his sword, or even possibly dmg his adamantium structure. Deathstroke is arguably one of the best Mercenaries in Dc or in any comic. I think he will dominate in H2H with his blade which has a longer reach. His tactical mind rivals that of Batman, able to out think his opponents. Logan is driven by rage, while Deathstroke is driven by his superior intelligence and combat calculations. It would be a close fight, but there is no reason for Slade to run. Also if Slade has his power staff, there is no way wolverine could get close to him until Slade wants to engage. And talk about getting knocked off of buildings.

#7 Posted by jashro44 (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cable_Extreme said:

Does Deathstroke have his Promethium Blade? If so, they both have near indestructible weapons, and Deathstroke's armor is promethium and Kevlar so wolverine's claws would have a lot of trouble going through promethium which is similar to adamantium. They both are amazing fighters and both heal and have extended lives. But I think that Deathstroke's increased brain usage will allow him to calculate and possibly knock out wolverine with his sword, or even possibly dmg his adamantium structure. Deathstroke is arguably one of the best Mercenaries in Dc or in any comic. I think he will dominate in H2H with his blade which has a longer reach. His tactical mind rivals that of Batman, able to out think his opponents. Logan is driven by rage, while Deathstroke is driven by his superior intelligence and combat calculations. It would be a close fight, but there is no reason for Slade to run.

Yea slade has his promethium blade.

#8 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Okay then, this fight is extremely even, but I will say Slade prevails only because of his superior brain.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man has tough near indestructible armour. Wolverine Fugged him up bad.

Going with Wolverine due to the fact a semi Truck couldnt KO him and his Haeling Factor is just too good to counter with a sword.

#10 Posted by Nefarious (21846 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:Personally I always considered deathstrokes standard gear to be everything mentioned in his bio plus his promethium armor

Not saying he wins but just pointing out he carries more than a sword.
#12 Posted by nickzambuto (14373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cable_Extreme said:

@jashro44: @comicace3: @nickzambuto: @evilvegeta74:

Does Deathstroke have his Promethium Blade? If so, they both have near indestructible weapons, and Deathstroke's armor is promethium and Kevlar so wolverine's claws would have a lot of trouble going through promethium which is similar to adamantium. They both are amazing fighters and both heal and have extended lives. But I think that Deathstroke's increased brain usage will allow him to calculate and possibly knock out wolverine with his sword, or even possibly dmg his adamantium structure. Deathstroke is arguably one of the best Mercenaries in Dc or in any comic. I think he will dominate in H2H with his blade which has a longer reach. His tactical mind rivals that of Batman, able to out think his opponents. Logan is driven by rage, while Deathstroke is driven by his superior intelligence and combat calculations. It would be a close fight, but there is no reason for Slade to run. Also if Slade has his power staff, there is no way wolverine could get close to him until Slade wants to engage. And talk about getting knocked off of buildings.

Slade's sword gives him superior range, but Logan's claws are designed to disarm sword wielders, like a sai.

#13 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Didn't deadpool beat him with a sword?

#14 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Ult Logan.

#15 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Wolverine knocked down Ben Grimm with a kick. Also survived being shot with an RPG I believe. Slade is a hell of a fighter, but so is Logan. Might be slightly faster too, strength should be about even. But with Logans hunting skill, senses and durability, not to mention equal are better fighting skill, I say Logan 7/10. Slade with a plan would wreck him, but in most random h2h encounters, Wilson would be wiser to retreat. There is no shame in that when your opponent is unkilliable, oh yea, and a fugging maniac!

#16 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83:

Ultimate Wolverine came back from a Nuke.

#17 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@Guardiandevil83:

Yea right! During his crossover with DD and Spidey right? That's what I meant.

#18 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83:

Yea, but if Wolverine couldn't take a shot from an RPG, or 10 RPGs i'd be upset.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cable_Extreme: Wrong wolverine. This is Ultimate Wolverine from Ultimate X-Men comics.

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@Guardiandevil83:

Was this in Ultimate Spiderman? I have every Ultimate X-Men Comic up to Ultimatum and never seen (or heard of this) feat.

@Sufferthorn: Wolverine survives Hunter missiles easy enough.

Thats impressive.

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is dude survived a missile. I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life. lol

#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

Still siding with Deathstroke. This time, for the badass factor.

#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@CadenceV2:Personally I always considered deathstrokes standard gear to be everything mentioned in his bio plus his promethium armor

Well if he gets his Blast staff and Guns he can pull more than a few wins via 10 second count out KO.

I dont think its fair he would get such a arsenal tho. The guy lost to Dick a few times and Wolverine has more going for him then Nightwing or Batman.

#23 Posted by dondave (38776 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: then he goes and solos the Justice League, so its a toss up

#24 Posted by Saren (26009 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

I dont think its fair he would get such a arsenal tho. The guy lost to Dick a few times

When? Nightwing has never defeated Deathstroke. At best he's occupied him for a while. In contrast Dick once jumped out of a window because it was the only way he would survive a fight with Deathstroke.

#25 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

as much as I hate to say it supreme healing factor and skills give wolvie the edge here

#26 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Cable_Extreme: Wrong wolverine. This is Ultimate Wolverine from Ultimate X-Men comics.

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@Guardiandevil83:

Was this in Ultimate Spiderman? I have every Ultimate X-Men Comic up to Ultimatum and never seen (or heard of this) feat.

Thats impressive.

That is very impressive, but only shows he isn't fast enough to dodge a missile.

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I don't think you figure it out yet Bane I don't read DC at all but Frank Millers Batman. I only go by the scans or debates of Deathstroke or Nightwing vs (insert Marvel Character here) and from I seen debated is NW beaten DS twice it seems. Maybe out of context scans? Misinformation like Dakens Pheromones and how they work? Maybe. I don't know. I don't read DC.

#28 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cable_Extreme: A Hunter Missil is mutiple Machs which means he is SUPER FAST to get off it. Just so you know....

Also...

Ultimate Wolvie takes on a Anti Mutant terrorist with a detonator. Not only does Wolverine close the distance but clearly shows superior speed to the man's reaction time. Next is a Mob Boss threatening to kill Wolverine before having his gun cut before he can pull the trigger. Finally Ultimate QS is 10+ Mach speed is not only reacted to by Wolverine but could not react fast enough to dodge his attack.

3 Examples of Speed. As well...

Wolverine kills a small army of Zombies in a flash.

#29 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Do you think that the reason he killed those zombies in a flash is because those zombies are slow and cluttered up he could get them in 1 or 2 swipes?

#30 Posted by desmond006 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Wolverine wins in my opinion. Healing and durability.

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cable_Extreme: Did you look at the Scans?

!) Cyclopes was overwhelmed so Wolvie had to work around that.

2) These Zombies are not slow as they Sprinted and Jumped at them (first scan)

3) Wolverine claws are 2 feet long at best and you think he has the reach to kill 20+ Zombies with 3 swipes???? Really? While working around Cyclopes being entangled in them.

Its a Speed feat. Speed enough to save a encumbered Cyclopes who didn't even realize what was going down till he looked up.

Also considering the last 4 feats of Speed (Jumping off a Hunter Killer Missile, Mob boss guns, Man with Detonator, and QS Speed feat itself!) you think the Zombie one is not a speed feat?

He has speed and more feats of it in other Ultimate Comics as surely as 616 has speed.

#32 Posted by jashro44 (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@jashro44 said:

Well if he gets his Blast staff and Guns he can pull more than a few wins via 10 second count out KO.

I dont think its fair he would get such a arsenal tho. The guy lost to Dick a few times and Wolverine has more going for him then Nightwing or Batman.

I mainly gave him this arsenal because I believe it is most fair (unless I am giving ultimate wolverine to much credit?) All though based off of majority opinion so far it seems pretty fair. As for deathstroke vs nightwing

Now it is true that nightwing has gotten the better of slade in some fights (all though I wouldn't call them wins) Slade has proven to be nightwings better in most of there fights. Naturally Slade has some low showings but that's all they are. All thoough in one of the showings where nightwing did well against Slade he did admit deathstroke could kill him without thinking (or something along those lines) and another one was from titans, a series where killer croc fought Osiris who is suppose to be ahead of street level by a lot.

*And slightly off topic but I might not be able to get back to our daredevil vs ultimate hawkeye debate until tomorrow so if I don't get back to you today I do apologize in advanced*

#33 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Thats cool. and maybe Wolvie can tank said shots. There is mix showings here of this.

One hand Cap has put him down on the ground with a entire clip of sub machine gun in the gut. Cap also nearly KO Logan with a grenade to the face.

Then you have feats of tanking Ultimate Hulk blows, Missiles explosions, hit by a semi truck, as well Steel Metling fire from phoenix and remain totally fine as well concious

#34 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@Guardiandevil83:

Thats impressive.

The scan seals it for me, Ultimate wolvie. Thats a great sequence.

#35 Posted by GhostRider2 (3480 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine.

#36 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: What are you trying to prove though? We already know he is fast, just like we know deathstroke is fast.

#37 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine. he would've had a better chance if it was new52 slade. even then he would lose not as many out of 10.

#38 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cable_Extreme said:

@CadenceV2: What are you trying to prove though? We already know he is fast, just like we know deathstroke is fast.

You made the comment of unable to dodge a missile when most military grade missiles move faster than bullets. So Wolverine is fast enough to keep up.

Thats my point.

#39 Posted by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

And yeah Spidey isn't even reacting to that missile yet and it's at the edge of the building. His spider sense saves him, but he doesn't hear or see it, Wolverine does.

#40 Edited by Wyldsong (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@CadenceV2: then he goes and solos the Justice League, so its a toss up

Let's put it into perspective -- he soloed a few members of the Justice League (with a good bit of knowledge on those he took down), and definitely not all of the top dogs, and still had a heavy dose of PIS with a few of the members. Not saying he isn't a bad arse, but it's not like he took down Supes and all of the powerhouses=)

#41 Posted by dondave (38776 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong: True, but I still feel he could take on wolverine

#42 Posted by Wyldsong (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Wyldsong: True, but I still feel he could take on wolverine

Personally, I am leaning towards Ultimate Wolvie, but my mind could be changed=)

#43 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Wolverine still vulnerable to nerve strikes? Cause I kind of have my money on that.

#44 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't feel that Deathstroke was badly written as much as it was that he does better with opponents who are rigid and he he has prep.

Take into consideration him battling the JLA, he knew how they do their thing and what they do he had plans for them and managed to do well until Ollie started geeing creative.

How many times has he lost to the Teen Titans? I say he lost to TT because they are young, inexperienced and creative with their abilities.

Wolverine is a brawler, no matter how much training they say he has he thinks outside the box most of the time.

Also Slade has no prep or prior knowldge of Logan here.

Slade would be hard pressed to gather enough intel while being chased. Without his full armament its going to be even harder.

I say most likely they fight Deathstoke does for a killing blow which gets Wolverine close enough to take Slade down.

Wolverine 7/10

#45 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Cable_Extreme said:

You made the comment of unable to dodge a missile when most military grade missiles move faster than bullets. So Wolverine is fast enough to keep up.

Thats my point.

Showing him slash zombies in no way shows he is faster than anyone. Wolverine has dodged things before, but him being hit by a missile doesn't prove anything.

#46 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Wolverine is incredibly tough and has taken quite alot of damage in his time within comic continuity. He has taken punches from Hyperion,(though I don't know if it's canon) Ultimate Thing, has survived having his head removed from his body, being savegely mauled by the Hulk, who, while not as strong as his 616 counterpart, is still fugging strong! My point is, unless Slade has something that can hit Wolverine with more impact then the few he's taken from the strongest of his universe and beyond, Wilson is screwed.

#47 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Ultimate Wolverine is incredibly tough and has taken quite alot of damage in his time within comic continuity. He has taken punches from Hyperion,(though I don't know if it's canon) Ultimate Thing, has survived having his head removed from his body, being savegely mauled by the Hulk, who, while not as strong as his 616 counterpart, is still fugging strong! My point is, unless Slade has something that can hit Wolverine with more impact then the few he's taken from the strongest of his universe and beyond, Wilson is screwed.

Hyperion is cannon. it was a legit crossover between Supreme Power and Ultimates. Nick fury was trap in the Supreme World and Zarda Joined the Ultimates for a short time.

#48 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Hyperion is cannon. it was a legit crossover between Supreme Power and Ultimates. Nick fury was trap in the Supreme World and Zarda Joined the Ultimates for a short time.

Well then considering that that version of Hyperion shown is the same one who's traded blows with Gladiator and 616 Thor, and failed to easily take down Logan, it seals my opinion on who wins even more so.

#49 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Too be fair both Hyperions were at half their power (they were literaly sharing half of the others powers and thoughts).

So it was Wolvie tanking Half of Hyperion power.

#50 Posted by The_Dreadnought (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Real close but Ultimate Wolverine's healing factor is pretty outrageous. If promethium really could damage adamantium then Slade has a chance because I'd say their skills are pretty close. Wolverine has more feats without prep, though.

Ultimate Wolverine. Adamantium > Promethium 8/10

Adamantium < Promethium 6/10