No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tparks

This is a friendly response to a comment that Wolverine would likely only have trouble with Artanis from another thread similar to this one, in case anyone is wondering why I wrote this lengthy post to my own thead.

@shadowrider78

I think each round can give him difficulty, and the only one I really think he might take a majority is against Garrosh, and even then it's mostly because of Garrosh being an up close and personal smash, block, smash harder brute character which plays into Wolverine's specialties. The rest are all either speedier, or have their own edges for winning.

For example:

Garrosh vs Wolverine

Loading Video...

Garrosh is resilient enough to resist Anduin's stun after a short time, and Anduin is being played as one of the more powerful characters to use Light. His strength is also pretty massive, as his one attack blows the earth in front of him apart, and even destroy the Divine Bell.

Orcs in general though are just pretty vastly superhuman.

No Caption Provided

I know that attack didn't KO the human, but it was from an Orc laying on his back, who just flung his leg in he air, and it still had the power to send the human flying across the battlefield, but you also have to consider how vastly superhuman random humans are in Warcraft, so it's no wonder it didn't KO him.

No Caption Provided

This scan shows two laborers carrying massive full supply crates, but during this quest, you actually see single laborers carrying these massive crates on their shoulders as well. That's easily multi-tonner, and that's from the humans who are not even warriors, they're just the simple laborers. A small forklift would have trouble carrying those things, let alone a single human.

And here's some footsoldiers carrying Onyxia's gigantic dragon head all the way back to Theramore from Onyxia's lair in Dustawllow Marsh. That's insane superhuman strength from the "Fodder".

No Caption Provided

Garrosh makes these "fodder" actually the fodder they really are too. He can stand toe to toe with Taran Zhu and pull off a win.

Loading Video...

The monks in WoW are all basically at Iron Fist levels, without the high end striking that he randomly has. Taran Zhu is the cream of the crop as a monk, besides maybe Vol'jinn.

0:44 - An attack powerful enough that it sends a shockwave is just pimp slapped away by Garrosh. The force of the attack is slapped back at Taran Zhu, sending him flying back instead of Garrosh, who was on the receiving end of the attack.

0:54 - Garrosh punches Taran Zhu so hard that it flings him off the bridge, breaking a steel chain and the steel support base that the chain was attached too.

1:15 - After tanking a massive flying punch, Garrosh uses the chain he just broke, to rag doll Taran Zhu back at him with massive strength for the win.

Garrosh may be portrayed as a slow tanky character, which Wolverine does do exceptionally well against, but he has never really had issues with characters who are nimble and speedy like Taran Zhu. He did get lucky that Taran's foot was stuck momentarily, which is why I do think Wolverine would take the majority here, but I don't think it's quite as easy as you think, and I do think Garrosh has the strength and weaponry to put down Wolverine with some good shots.

On top of his already massive strength, Gorehowl (his axe) increases his striking strength with it's enchantments.

Just look at what Gorehowl was capable of doing to the massively powerful Mannoroth and his massively powerful weapon.

No Caption Provided

Grom (Garrosh's father) cleaves clean through Mannoroth's weapon with the enchanted axe, and into his demon hide. While that's impressive enough as is, but there is context to this, because both Mannoroth and his weapon are incredibly strong to have broken so easily.

Just look what happened when Thrall, the crazy powerful character of Warcraft, attempts to throw Doomhammer (another very powerful weapon), into Mannoroth:

No Caption Provided

Thrall's Doomhammer doesn't even phase Mannoroth. Then Mannoroth retaliates with his own attack:

No Caption Provided

His attack is powerful enough to fling Thrall into a stone wall by just pounding the ground with it, and it KO's Thrall. Mannoroth was able to one shot Green Jesus, without even actually connecting with his weapon. By that power level, it's amazing that his weapon didn't shatter on the stone ground, yet Grom was still able to cleave right through it, and into Mannoroth, and it was after taking the same attack Thrall did. Grom was severely weakened, he had to build up adrenaline just to get to his feet, yet Gorehowl was still powerful enough to perform that very strong attack.

Like I said in the other thread, I do believe Wolverine to actually take the majority here, since he is the anti-brick of Marvel, and Garrosh is more of a brute, but it's going to be a lot harder then almost every other brick Wolverine usually faces off against, since Garrosh has a knack for beating characters like Taran Zhu who are more nimble and speedy then him, and I do believe Garrosh wielding Gorehowl would be a very powerful blow for even Wolverine to take too many hits from and keep healing back.

Now as for Sonya

Sonya vs Wolverine

I think even just this opening video shows the speed and power of Sonya (yes it's a male, but the closest thing to canon is that Sonya is the main character for Diablo 3 for the Barbarian).

Loading Video...

While I know a lot of that is gameplay, and comicvine are a bunch of nazis about gameplay feats regardless of the context behind them, but it is straight form Blizzard's website's game guide, that is very strict about only showing canon material on the game guide sections of all of it's games. These are what Blizzard wanted to showcase what the Barbarian does. I don't think specific feats need to be pointed out, because you can see every single attack of a barbarian is basically a shockwave sending massive strike. It shatters the environment and even leaves craters. The barbarian also does the whirlwind attack turning them into human blenders with massively superhuman speed.

They're certainly superhuman in physicals that exceeds wolverine besides bone strength. Just look at some of the ways Blizzard describes them:

No Caption Provided

They casually swing weapons that ordinary warriors can barely lift, and they do so with each fist. These weapons are so enormous, that they literally crush enemies into paste. Call it hyperbole if you'd like, but seeing how it adds up with the game play, and every other bit of info Blizzard gives us for info on these characters, it makes complete sense to me. Just look at how they describe the attacks with these weapons:

No Caption Provided

Barbarians send their foes flying, shear limbs off, and hit so hard, that bones literally are ripped out of their opponents bodies. These aren't just humans were talking either, were talking about superhuman demons from Hell itself.

No Caption Provided

More info on the Barbarians and their weapons, confirms that the weapons they wield are too massive for normal humans, and they wield two at once, and these weapons are all enhanced with enchantments, and besides just being massive, they are perfectly balanced for skilled combat:

No Caption Provided

As shown above, they are skilled with a vast array of weaponry, and can swing them without tiring, but what I find even more impressive, are the two handed weapons they carry as well:

No Caption Provided

They wield clubs that are the size of tree trunks! That's ridiculous superhuman strength. The greatswords and axes they wield are so enormous, that it appears that they would only be created to be held by statues.

Adding to the strength of Barbarians are the enhancements they get from gear:

No Caption Provided

Even just their belts are enchanted to enhance their already superhuman strength.

These characters are so strong, that their skin is literally much more durable then steel:

No Caption Provided

Their flesh deflects oncoming blades and demon's teeth as well as metal armor does. Couple this with their thick armor they wear, and that is a lot to cut through. I know Wolverine has no problem cutting through armor, but he does have to get by shields and thick armor, and his claws are only so long, so the damage might be a little more superficial then he would normally do. Just look how thick some of their armor is:

No Caption Provided

I know his claws are long enough to get through that, but when he is also tying to get through two weapons, or possibly even a shield, while coming from a character a lot stronger then him who can ragdoll him from a distance with shockwaves, and is fast enough to whirlwind as a blur, it's going to be touch for Wolverine to land fatal blows.

Now I'd like to show you the feats Blizzard has provided to showcase a Barbarians skills. Blizzard does this for all of their games, and while it is made from one of the developers using the gameplay features, it is always considered what they can do. They include these videos in short stories, and demos while viewing the characters. In StarCraft, they even include them as videos or psychic visions being watched by either Jim Raynor, Kerrigan, or Artanis. While Diablo doesn't have these methods, so they are just listed, but made as the same style to show what they can do. Since it is not controlled by any players and purely what Blizzard has made to demonstrate how powerful their characters are, there really should be no arguments for this being simple gameplay elements like a lot of CV posters are quick to jump too whenever a feat appears to be gameplay.

Here is a strike in the Barbarians repertoire called Bash, and as you can see, it's quite simply just as the name implies:

No Caption Provided

Nothing fancy, just superhuman smashing that crushes these massive spider's like they were a normal sized spider to a normal human.

Here's another attack called Cleave:

No Caption Provided

It's a swing capable of striking anything within range of his weapon in a 180 degree arc in front of him. It rips right through one enemy, and into the next. This would be very difficult to dodge, with the speed and power used in this attack.

Here's a barbarian using another attack called Stomp:

No Caption Provided

Stomping the ground with massive super strength sends every enemy around her flying into the air and stuns them, and then precedes to use cleave (the attack shown above) to finish off all of the attackers.

This is the classic Barbarian attack, similar to stomp, but even more powerful and adds mobility. It's called Leap:

No Caption Provided

Sonya channels her inner Mario, and uses her super strength to leap through the air, and crush enemies beneath her feet. The ones who are spared her boots, are still rag dolled from the shockwave of the attack.

While all of the attacks have showcased tremendous strength, here's a more unique attack, where Sonya's fury allows her to literally launch pure primal fury and strength as energy while striking. It's called Overpower for obvious reasons:

No Caption Provided

The energy released from Sonya's body rips the enemies around her to shreds.

Now here's one that is nearly impossible for Wolverine to dodge, and would set up a lot of Sonya's attacks. It's called Seismic Slam:

No Caption Provided

By slamming her weapon into the ground, she sends a seismic wave, basically a small earth quake out in front of her. Her attack both crushes and rag dolls her enemies.

She's very powerful with these earth shattering attacks, which is more then evident by this next attack called Earthquake:

No Caption Provided

She strikes the ground with so much force, that she literally creates a localized earthquake around her, and it is struck so hard, that the ground is hot enough to burn all of the enemies around her.

While all of her attacks show that she is no slow poke, this next classic Barbarian attack shows off her super speed. It's called Whirlwind:

No Caption Provided

Her combat speed is so fast, that she becomes a blur while spinning her weapons, and ripping everything around her to shreds.

Here's some more super speed, showing that even has attacks designed for speed blitzing her opponents:

No Caption Provided

Sonya sprints forward at incredible speeds, and the enemies that are in he way literally explode upon impact from this speed blitz.

This next one I'm just posting because I have it saved, but I think it's safe to say that summons are outside of a normal battle threads rules, but his on is called Call of the Ancients:

No Caption Provided

Sonya has the ability to call three Legendary Barbarians to aid her in combat. Talic is the one who uses a sword and shield, and uses a whirlwind and leap attack. Korlic uses a massive pole arm and uses cleave and furious charge. Madawc dual wields axes and uses throws them as ranged weapons, and also uses seismic slam.

She even carries another piece of weaponry that lets her immobilize and grab enemies from a range called Ancient Spear:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, she channels her inner Scorpion. I can just hear the "Get over here!". She throws a spear on a chain, to impale and pull her enemies into melee range.

She can increase her durability to even higher levels with her power of War Cry:

No Caption Provided

She gives herself (and allies when she has them) a defensive aura that repels attacks. Now Wolverine's claws are sharp enough to cut through almost anything, but sharpness doesn't really mean that he can cut through an aura.

Wolverine isn't unique to entering a berserker rage that increases his stats, Sonya can boost all of her already enhanced attributes like strength, speed, and durability with her ability called Wrath of the Berserker, where she enters her own bereserker rage:

No Caption Provided

Te gif hows that these demons required even more damage then her normal attacks, and she enters a berserker rage. Her attacks speed up significantly, and the power of her strikes is so strong, that the impact causes enough heat to literally light her enemies on fire. This is a rage Wolverine only wishes he could do.

Last but not least, she can literally rip the battlefield apart and rain it down around her to destroy her enemies with an attack called Avalanche:

No Caption Provided

This will be a very tough one for Wolverine to dodge.

Now just imagine her mixing all of these attacks together. What's also important to note, is that she carries gear that enhances all of thee attacks to greater degrees, while it's tough to say what she would carry in canon, I think just using the base is enough to show just how powerful she is.

There's still more to explore with Sonya, and I haven't gotten into any of the Barbarians history and inborn traits from being raised as a barbarian. I also haven't gotten into the enemies she defeats in the game, that huge threats that might be too big to ever imagine Wolverine taking on, but if this doesn't help you think she can win, I will go into that.

I'll comment on Varian and Tychus, and expand more upon Garrosh and Sonya if need be in a later post, but feel free to comment on these two for now. Let me know if this changes your mind at all. :)

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know any of these guys but bump anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely stops at Artanis. I actually havent played Diablo, so I wouldnt know about the Barbarian, but Garrosh and Varian would lose

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By tparks

This isn't completely organized, so I'll edit it later

Varian Wrynn vs Wolverine

I'll comment about how I think this has him match up with Wolverine later, but this is enough I think to show that Varian is a lot tougher opponent for Wolverine then they might have originally thought.

Varian has an unparallelled level of skill in the Warcraft Universe. He was capable of doing things that no other humans would normally be expected to do, and he was doing that while he was literally only half of himself. That's a literal statement, his body was divided into two by a spell, and he wasn't a complete warrior until he merged back into a single warrior.

Like when he first awoke on the shores of Durotar. Most men would not be able to move after being washed ashore and left for dead, and while only being half their former self, and with no weapons or armor, but Varian managed to defeat a crocolisk in hand to hand combat immediately upon gaining consciousness.

He is able to physically overpower the Crocolisk, and Rhegar, a legendary and skilled warrior and gladiator known for finding the best warriors for gladiator combat, instantly noticed his innate skill, and took him prisoner as a gladiator because of his high level of skill.

In his first fight, he is not even prepared to battle, and is attacked by the best Gladiator's Ogrimar has to offer.

Both Broll and Valeera kind stand up to these warriors, and Varian needs to take them all out on his own. Broll is an immensely powerful Druid, compared to characters like Malfurion, with feats to back it up too. Valeera is a very nimble and skilled rogue, so it's also impressive how easily she was not able to keep up, yet Valarian stomped these character.

• Scan 1 - The troll was already in mid swing of his sword to kill Valeera, when Varian is tossed a sword. His speed is fast enough to grab the sword, close the distance and block the strike from killing Valeera.
  • Scan 2 - Shows Varian easily beating the troll, and notices Broll in danger of being beaten by the Tauren warrior.
  • Scan 3 - Valeera tries to save Broll, but is pimp slapped by the very superhuman Tauren, Broll is pimp slapped immediately after. Dude's reading too much Thanos.
  • Scan 4 - Varian is the only one left standing, against all three of the top gladiator team in Ogrimar, and he is able to take out all three of them before they can even react. He easily beat three characters that were beating two very dangerous opponents themselves on his own.

This display of skill got the attention of the Blademaster of Ogrimar, who channeling his inner Thanos, also pimp slaps Valeera with ease.

No Caption Provided

If you don't know about Blademasters, then here's a little bit of who they are.

No Caption Provided

Being the very elite of the horde with a blade, you can imagine they can do some crazy things like use abilities like Bladestorm.

No Caption Provided

They have combat speed faster then the naked eye can see. They can simultaneously kill anything that is within their vicinities. Here's an example of a bladestorm:

No Caption Provided

They become a blur of whirling death.

They don't just randomly hack and slash though, they strike with precision:

No Caption Provided

They can channel their samurai powers into more focused attacks to cause greater damage.

Back to speed though, they are so fast and nimble, that they can move with speeds that they are completely invisible while using a technique called Wind Walk.

No Caption Provided

They are moving with such agility and speed that they are invisible, like Samuro does here in Rexar's bonus campaign:

No Caption Provided

Samuro was fighting Wildkin that were powerful enough to slaughter his entire tribe, In this particular area, the game tells you to use Wind Walk, so it's pretty easy to believe this happened somewhat similar here. You can see that the Wildkin completely loses sight of Samuro who begins moving at Wind Walk speeds and is invisible to him.

The next ability, Mirror Image was not used by Hyku Steeledge (Blademaster who fights Varian), I just want to show the ability to show the level of powers these characters are capable of:

No Caption Provided

They're skill has been honed in combat to the point where they can harness mystical abilities and create duplicate images of themselves to fool their opponents into not knowing which is the real blademaster.

No Caption Provided

So ya, Blademasters are no pushovers, they're some of the most, if not the most, elite orc warriors. Here's how Varian did against the blademaster Steeledge:

• Scan 1 - Varian shows he can match strength with the elite orc. There is plenty of evidence for even peons being pretty superhuman in strength, let alone a blademaster, so this is impressive.
  • Scan 2 - Varian is able to dodge the punch of a Blademaster who moves faster then the eye can see by limboing under it. The punch shows the strength of him who shatters the door upon impact. A club falls out of the room, and Varian is fast enough to catch the club while it's falling and swing it to connect with Steeledge's head before he can react.
  • Scan 3 - Varian finishes with a coup de grace and slices the Blademaster clean in two with a single swing of his sword, also showing some very high end strength of his own.

His next fight is against a Frostmane Troll Gladiator. While there isn't a whole lot to show that Frostmane trolls have an edge over a common troll, they are a tribe that has been in a war with Dwarves for as long as their history tells, and are all warriors with a great deal of experience. The crowd did not think that Varian, or at this time since he still suffers from amnesia is known as croc-bait, could take on a troll of this caliber, even with his recent track record. However, this is a very short and decisive fight, where Varian completely stomps the troll he was supposed to be an underdog against:

He immediately is thrown into another battle with his team, and this time it's against a team of Ogres. Any fan of Warcraft should know that Ogre's are one of the most powerful warriors in the universe. Varian though, is well above them, and even matches them physically, which is simply amazing that he has that high of physicals.

Again, Varian had to basically beat the Ogre team on his own, as his teammates were taken out in this battle. In scan 5, he even is capable of matching the Ogre's strength by blocking an attack and holding the Ogre's strength back with nothing but the two Blademaster Katanas he took from Steeledge upon beating him. After this fight, the entire Horde is so impressed with his combat skill, that he is now being known as Lo'Gosh, after one of the Wolf deity's worshiped by some of the Horde. This is basically unheard of for a human to be so respected by the Horde, but that's what his skill earns him.

When I first saw the feat of him holding back an Ogre, I thought it was nothing but an early high end feat (it was only in issue 2 where that happens), but he repeats this, if not exceeds it in the very next issue, when attacked by a massive Cave Elemental made of solid stone, that attacks him while him and Broll are both having a vision and can not be prepared to fight:

Scan 3 - Varian uses a rock to smash a pillar off of the giant monster, which is superhuman in it's own right, but scan 4 is very superhuman

Scan 4 - Varian grabs a pillar of solid stone that is bigger then himself, and swings it effortlessly like a club, and brings the cave elemental down with a single shot of raw strength.

He shows off this high level of strength again, he joins a group of Night Elves to aid them from being ambushed by the Horde. They all instantly see his tactical mind has put together a plan to let them take on the larger Horde while being outnumbered, but they didn't count on the Horde having a crazy powerful Shaman with them who summons a massive Fire Elemental:

Scans 5-8 are the scans to really pay attention too, but I like to include the surrounding pages for context in case anyone is every curious, and to keep over-exaggeration or low balling in check of characters. Anyways, Broll finally unleashes with his Druid powers. He has issues with controlling them, but he manages to solo the entire army, the problem is, he also can't control the damage being done to the entire Aliance army as well. He's powerful enough to completely immobilize two entire armies, yet Varian is the only one with the strength to rip his way out of the vines, and to walk through Broll's electrical field to KO him with a single strike ending the slaughter he was unintentionally performing.

In all of the first four issues, Varian displays high end super strength, and it stays consistent through out the entire series.

His durability is also notable, as he once was in an aerial fight with Harpies, and fell from a very long distance to the ground, and was completely unphased from it.

Here's some serious displays of his combat prowess. Any Warcraft fan knows that Dragons are no joke. Green Dragons of the Emerald Flight are certainly no joke, but Varian faced one on one, protecting Broll while his soul was in the Emerald Dream.

It's almost unheard of that single characters could face off with a dragon. Even characters like Falstad who hunted dragons did so on top of a Gryphon and with a squad of Gryphon Rider Dwarves at his side. Varian even tanks a physical blow from the Dragon with zero damage at all.

Here's a battle where him, Broll, and Valeera were attacked by Naga while in the sea. Of course like always, Varian basically ends up fighting them all as Broll and Valeera end up in the water. This shows some nice skill, being able to take on the powerful Naga on their home turf, and some awesome durability, and faster then lightning speed.

Scan 3 - Varian slashes down the Naga in front of him, and without even turning to look, stabs behind his head to kill the one behind him.

Scan 8 - Varian dodges a projectile venom attack from the sea monster Coatl, and cuts down a Naga warrior in the process.

Scan 11 - Another great ranged feat from Varian, who throws a harpoon with enough power to put down the massive Coatl with a single attack

Scan 12 - The ship is being torn apart due to the Coatl collapsing, and while the ship is in the middle of breaking apart and shaking Varian's balance, he still easily parries an attack from a Naga Witch who ambushes him from the waves, showing off more of his reaction times.

Scan 15 - While facing off against the Witch, she uses lightning to strike Varian. Varian casually tanks it. The lightning was powerful enough to break the metal slave collar he was still wearing, and he even thanks her for striking him with lightning. Lol

Scan 16 - Varian has the Witch dead to rites and is choking her out, but he is assaulted by a vision of his lost memory, which allows the priestess to back off and continue the attack.

Scan 17 - As he is being assaulted with the vision, the Witch casts another lightning strike. Varian comes to AFTER the spell was cast, yet he is so fast, that he is able to strike her down before the lightning can touch him. The next pages show the Naga in disbelief of his speed and skill to let him easily defeat their Witch, and the flee in terror of Varian.

Here's another speed feat from Varian:

No Caption Provided

Valeera is in mid throw of her dagger to kill a man on the run, but Varian is fast enough to grab her hand and stop the throw, even though she was already in mid throw.

This is made more impressive because Valeera is speedy with her dagger throws, as seen here where there is an exact same scenario, but Broll is not fast enough to stop her.

No Caption Provided

A little more durability in this fight:

The fight is another typical fight of the crew stomping, but there is a mage in this battle, and Varian is able to shrug off being hit with an ice blast head on.

Here he is slaughtering Raptors who ambush him with ease while on horseback:

He even has super senses, able to hear an ambush coming from on top of a mountain top, and then proceeds to slaughter the attack force after avoiding a barrage of arrows:

More amazing durability, as a very powerful Warlock is using Fel Magic to try and kill Varian:

Scans 5-7 show the most of Varian, and him completely shrugging off the fel attack from the Warlock, then muscling though to decapitate him. The Warlock is in complete disbelief that Varian was so powerful as to shrug off fel energy like it was nothing.

Another fight where Varian and Thargg the Dwarf are slaughtering Dark Iron Dwarves with ease:

Here they assault an entire fortress of Dark Iron Dwarves, filled with snipers, War Golems, Mages, and even tanks, and come out on top:

Scan 5 & 6 I think show off the best of Varian in this battle. He squares off with a giant War Golem, and is able to match it's stregnth by blocking it and holding it back. It took a tank to actually injure the thing too.

More slaying dragons, this time a red dragon in human disguise who tries to ambush them, and this time he brings it down quickly with a ranged attack:

Remember that all of these feats still only show him as half of his complete self, but here's the other half of him, who is out riding with a young Anduin:

Anduin falls off of a cliff, but Varian is so fast, that he can dive off of his horse,and reach Varian before he falls, and also reach up and grab the cliff edge. What makes this more impressive is that he is assaulted by mental images of his former life while in mid leap, yet he still pulls it off.

Here's another speed feat of Varian dodging lightning to kill a Dark Iron Dwarven Mage:

Here's a great battle, where we see both halves of Varian fighting eachother, dragonlings, and even Onyxia, a very powerful Black Dragon.

Scans 7-10 show Lo'Gosh fighting his other half. They are evenly matched (go figure), but Anduin stops the fighting between them since there are bigger fish to fry: Onyxia.

Scan 8 - Both Varian's have fire launched at the while their heads are turned in scan 7, but scan 8 shows them both dodge the attack, then continue to dodge Onyxia

You can see in the fight above, that Onyxia is a pretty powerful dragon, all of the weapons used against her didn't even scratch her hide.

And here's the event that separated Varian's body, and also wiped his mind:

Scan 3 - Immediately after being literally split in half, and had his mind completely wiped, he is in the middle of a battle with Onyxia and Naga. He even comments: "My mind is blank, but my body knows what to do", and he's instantly slaughtering Naga.

Scan 5 - Varian dodges Onyxia's lava breath, but the Naga were not as quick on the reaction times

Scan 6 - Shows some nice strength, speed, and reaction times. He one shot KO's the closest man to him, wraps him in his cloak, and swings the unconscious body still wrapped in a cloak around to block the lava breath from Onyxia.

Scan 7 - Shows him making his escape, and diving into the middle of the ocean. The next time he will be seen will be all the way back to the top when he washed up on shore and physically man-handes a crocolisk. That's some impressive endurance.

Here are the two Varian's working as a team, assaulting Onyxia and slaughtering the dragons that stand in their way. They are also wielding their new and powerful weapons, Shalla'Tor and Ellemayne.

And here's the final battle with Onyxia. After Jaina Proudmoore breaks the magic barrier that was preventing them from entering, they advance on Onyxia:

The first 10 scans show Onyxia basically overpowering the entire party. She even shrugs off Broll and Jaina's magic like it did nothing to her.

Scan 11 - The Varian's finally merge to form their true self. You can see how much more dangerous he is, as he is able to solo the dragon Onyxia almost easily on scan 13. You can also notice that Shalla'Tor and Ellemayne have merged to create the new sword Shallamayne, which is a powerful greatsword that Varian can separate whenever he chooses into the two separate one handed swords.

Just for context too, Onyxia was Deathwing's daughter, so it can give you an idea of how hard it should have been for Varian to solo so easily after he became one whole person.

And here's a nice brawl to end the comics part of this betwen Varian and Thrall, and also an attack by Cho'Gall's forces, Varian fending off Garona (who is a very impressive assassin to anyone who knows the lore), and even beating Med'an who turns out to be one of the more powerful Warcraft characters of all time.

Scan 4 - Varian's grip strength is enough to crush an orc's skull with nothing but one hand. Weapons were banned before this fight, as it was supposed to be a peace summit. Varian catches the mace the orc was using while crushing the orc's skull with his bare hand.

Scan 5 - Varian uses the mace to one-shot KO a tauren warrior

Scan 6 - Varian and Thrall briefly face off

Scan 7 - Garona attempts to assassinate Varian while he is busy fighting Thrall, she throws a dagger at him, but his reaction times are so fast that he catches it in mid flight

Scan 13 - Varian again shows that he is a lightning dodger, when he dodges a lightning bolt cast by Med'an from behind him. He turns, sees the lightning and dodges it.

Scan 17 & 18 - While in the middle of fighting Garona, Med'an attacks Varian from behind, but his reaction times are again too fast and he palms the half-orc with his singe had, and casually tosses him back

One last battle of Varian squaring off against the Lich King's forces:

He slashes through the undead army with ease, and even solos an abomination with relative ease.

And here he is in the newest expansions cinematic opener:

Loading Video...

2:20 - Notice how easily Shallamayne carves through the Infernal Construct with ease defeating the demon quickly

2:30 - Tanks a very long drop out of the sky as his air ship crashes into the sea

3:20 - Comes right out of that fall, splits Shallamayne into two swords, and starts slaughtering demons of the burning crusade. He shows some nice reaction times side stepping a sword at 3:28

And here's some more strength of him casually stopping Thrall's Doomhammer swing at Garosh with Shallamayne with ease.

No Caption Provided

Quick battle before it's interrupted, but Varian was stalemating with Garosh, and capable of matching the brute's strength with his own:

No Caption Provided

Here's Varian and Anduin, detecting stealth long before the attack ever takes place:

No Caption Provided

10 assassing at once mean nothing to Varian

No Caption Provided

And each assassin is warded to grant them extra defense:

No Caption Provided

Described as a whirlwind in battle:

No Caption Provided

Parries an attack, and removes the arm of the assassin attacking him immediately after:

No Caption Provided

Varian killing with super speed, his victims do not even hit the floor by time he moves as a blur to the next assassin and takes them down:

No Caption Provided

Father and son working together in deadly efficiency:

No Caption Provided

A ferocious wolf killing multiple assassins at a time:

No Caption Provided

Speed blitzing with super speed. Blinding rush, reaching them instantly, spinning in a whirlwind of deadly blades:

No Caption Provided

Speed blitzing a sorcerer before he can finish his sentence

No Caption Provided

Faces off against the largest Drakonid he's ever seen:

No Caption Provided

After being weakened and injured, Varian manages to parry blow after blow from the superhuman Drakonid:

No Caption Provided

Dodges a super speed attack, only to be hit with the last one that puts him down momentarily:

No Caption Provided

Varian is able to push himself back to the fight, and even block an attack after it was in midstrike to save Anduin:

No Caption Provided

By saving Anduin, he takes an axe through the chest

No Caption Provided

Even after being KO'd and have an axe run through his chest, Varian manages to sprint in a blur and finish off the Drakonid with a shard of Deathing's armor, and even survives the giant creature toppling onto him afterwards:

No Caption Provided

shadowrider78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well for now I've shifted from wolverine to become neutral since(well to me anyway) there are too may things to take in and figure out so I don't really know what to say XD

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well for now I've shifted from wolverine to become neutral since(well to me anyway) there are too may things to take in and figure out so I don't really know what to say XD

shadowrider78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadowrider78

@sirfizzwhizz: um.....was there a point in quoting me? if you were agreeing with me then it's not a problem but if you're viewing me as unreasonable then I just really don't know what to say about this,I'm pretty much stuck on the question of whether everyone can put wolverine down before he can put them down.

heigara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he clears most of them because of his regeneration, asides from varian, because varian scales to shadowlands now as was revealed in the pre-final raid of that expansion, which makes him kind of eternal in some ways

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine clears now IMO.