ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By ComicStooge

This is not the current Ult. Venom this is him when he 1st gets his suit 

Random metting Madison Avenue (Midnight) 

Spider-Man has his Black Symboite on
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Undergroundgod

Spider-Man should win this.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Spider-man doesn't need the symbiote to defeat Ultimate Venom.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Ultimate Venom was pretty pathetic, IMHO.  He display a complete lack of fighting abilities and nowhere near the same attributes as Venom.  I'd imagine 616 Parker stomps him while the 616 version of Brock sighs at his counter-part.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" Ultimate Venom was pretty pathetic, IMHO.  He display a complete lack of fighting abilities and nowhere near the same attributes as Venom.  I'd imagine 616 Parker stomps him while the 616 version of Brock sighs at his counter-part. "
He's too busy doing that for Gargan.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" Ultimate Venom was pretty pathetic, IMHO.  He display a complete lack of fighting abilities and nowhere near the same attributes as Venom.  I'd imagine 616 Parker stomps him while the 616 version of Brock sighs at his counter-part. "
He's too busy doing that for Gargan. "

My Venom(Gargan) impression: 

"Hi everyone, names Mac.  I was once had a brain and was even a private investigator, but now I'm here as a jobber and serve as Bendis' comedic value.  My favorite things include walking on the beach, somehow managing to stalemate Colossus but get KO'd by Parker, act like a dumb brute--flailing and eating, and doing absolutely nothing in all of my appearances."
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*I once, not "I was once" lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
My Venom(Gargan) impression:  "Hi everyone, names Mac.  I was once had a brain and was even a private investigator, but now I'm here as a jobber and serve as Bendis' comedic value.  My favorite things include walking on the beach, somehow managing to stalemate Colossus but get KO'd by Parker, act like a dumb brute--flailing and eating, and doing absolutely nothing in all of my appearances." "
Damn. When you sum it up like this, it feels sad.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
My Venom(Gargan) impression:  "Hi everyone, names Mac.  I was once had a brain and was even a private investigator, but now I'm here as a jobber and serve as Bendis' comedic value.  My favorite things include walking on the beach, somehow managing to stalemate Colossus but get KO'd by Parker, act like a dumb brute--flailing and eating, and doing absolutely nothing in all of my appearances." "
Damn. When you sum it up like this, it feels sad. "

lol.  IMHO, the only title which I feel wrote him well was Dark Reign: Spider-Man.  He would actually web swing and think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Despite my love for Ellis' run on Thunderbolts, I actually blame him for the current Gargan.  Millar in Marvel Knights at least had Venom a fair size and displayed he was learning how to use the symbiote.  Bam, Ellis' series hits and Gargan is suddenly on roids and acting like a brute.   

Still, you should read it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

lol.  IMHO, the only title which I feel wrote him well was Dark Reign: Spider-Man.  He would actually web swing and think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Despite my love for Ellis' run on Thunderbolts, I actually blame him for the current Gargan.  Millar in Marvel Knights at least had Venom a fair size and displayed he was learning how to use the symbiote.  Bam, Ellis' series hits and Gargan is suddenly on roids and acting like a brute.   

Still, you should read it. "
It's kind of hilarious that Gargan was a more credible threat to Spider-man as Scorpion and he is widely considered a joke as Venom, when he could be truly lethal if only he utilized his full potential (or if the writers wanted him to).

Millar re-invented Gargan as Venom, and I agree, there was nothing monstrous about his interpretation (but it was rather clear that he didn't mean for Gargan to be nearly as strong, or durable as he is now). When you say "Dark Reign: Spider-man" you mean a TPB, or the List? Because he didn't appear in the latter, IIRC.

T-bolts are on my to do list.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

Still, you should read it. "
It's kind of hilarious that Gargan was a more credible threat to Spider-man as Scorpion and he is widely considered a joke as Venom, when he could be truly lethal if only he utilized his full potential (or if the writers wanted him to).

Millar re-invented Gargan as Venom, and I agree, there was nothing monstrous about his interpretation (but it was rather clear that he didn't mean for Gargan to be nearly as strong, or durable as he is now). When you say "Dark Reign: Spider-man" you mean a TPB, or the List? Because he didn't appear in the latter, IIRC.

T-bolts are on my to do list.
"

It was a short series he had.  I believe 5 issues.  It involves Daken, is that enough of a reason for you to check it out? ;) 

Technically, it also implies the symbiote is immune to the m-blade, IIRC....
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" It was a short series he had.  I believe 5 issues.  It involves Daken, is that enough of a reason for you to check it out? ;)  Technically, it also implies the symbiote is immune to the m-blade, IIRC.... "
 @k4tzm4n said:
"

Whoops, it was calle Sinister Spider-Man: 
http://www.comicvine.com/dark-reign-sinister-spider-man/49-26945/

I like Millar has demonstrated some issues with understanding power levels in his writing.

"

I might just check it out. I read the first issue and the art really put me off to it, but since you recommend it, I'll take a look.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" It was a short series he had.  I believe 5 issues.  It involves Daken, is that enough of a reason for you to check it out? ;)  Technically, it also implies the symbiote is immune to the m-blade, IIRC.... "
  @k4tzm4n said:
"

Whoops, it was calle Sinister Spider-Man: 
http://www.comicvine.com/dark-reign-sinister-spider-man/49-26945/

I like Millar has demonstrated some issues with understanding power levels in his writing.

"

I might just check it out. I read the first issue and the art really put me off to it, but since you recommend it, I'll take a look. "

Oh no, I wasn't necessarily recommending it...Just stating it has Daken, and that may be a reason for you to give it a read.  It also includes Bullseye.  If anything, the run has a very comedic tone and makes is good for entertainment value.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
"Oh no, I wasn't necessarily recommending it...Just stating it has Daken, and that may be a reason for you to give it a read.  It also includes Bullseye.  If anything, the run has a very comedic tone and makes is good for entertainment value. "
I remember Gargan eating a couple of girls in issue 1. Your idea of having a good time, perhaps? :P
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"Oh no, I wasn't necessarily recommending it...Just stating it has Daken, and that may be a reason for you to give it a read.  It also includes Bullseye.  If anything, the run has a very comedic tone and makes is good for entertainment value. "
I remember Gargan eating a couple of girls in issue 1. Your idea of having a good time, perhaps? :P "

LOL.  He eats a few, actually.  The entire run just has a comedic vibe to it...The Z-List group that wants to take down "Spider-Man", Bullseye's weapons used, so on and so on.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
I remember Gargan eating a couple of girls in issue 1. Your idea of having a good time, perhaps? :P "
LOL.  He eats a few, actually.  The entire run just has a comedic vibe to it...The Z-List group that wants to take down "Spider-Man", Bullseye's weapons used, so on and so on. "
LOL.

I can't help but think that Mac is in need of the "Rhino" treatment.