#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle on New York Docks.

#2 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

With the surrounding body of water being at an advantage for Aquaman, I believe he might have an opportunity to defeat Thor. His trident will play as a defensive weaponry for Thor's Mjolnir, as his durability, agility, and speed will keep him in this fight longer than expected. With his strategical tactics and critical thinking, I believe he has what it takes to defeat the Ult. Thor in some cases. Just saying..

#3 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins by BFR, I guess. Or he keeps hitting him with lightnings until he falls while he flies far from him so that Aquaman won't be able to touch him

#4 Edited by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: as I always say in Vs thread involving Ultimate characters.......Cadence please educate me on what they can do lol!

#5 Posted by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: as I always say in Vs thread involving Ultimate characters.......Cadence please educate me on what they can do lol!

Hey, I know about Ult Thor too. Not as much, but I know about him *pulls sad face*

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@strider92 said:

Hey, I know about Ult Thor too. Not as much, but I know about him *pulls sad face*

There is not a whole lot to know.

Thor facts.

Speed Reacts to Blitzing Ultimate Quicksilver who dodges mutiple Lightning attacks, Reacts to Hyperion Speed Blitz.

Strength, With Hammer can draw blood on Hyperion in one hit as well smash Hulk bones up in 2 Swings.

Durability, tanks 5000 toner Colossus for 15 minuets with no damage.

Ultimate Thor twice out power the Ultimates. First time beating Cap, HE, 2 Iron Man Suits, 4 Captain Britain Suits, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver. Second time beating Power Princess (Zarda), Iron Man normal suit, Iron Man with Hulk Buster, Loki, Cap, and HE. Thor also beaten both Hyperion and Zarda together once he was enraged.

Abilities include Marvel Universe Hopping, BFR via Lightning and blast wave, Powerful Lightning attacks, F5 Tornados, as well being Valhalla and having all the Asgardian Spirits as his Eyes and Ears.

#8 Posted by laflux (16796 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Then educate me!

Differences between Ultimate Thor and 616 Thor.

Ult Thor's hammer doesn't have a worthiness enhancement, so theoretically he could be disarmed. I don't recall any matter manipulation, but Thor is alot more willing to BFR people. He BFR'ed an entire Alien Fleet, and Ult Cap used his replica hammer to BFR Thousands of vampires halfway across the world. Also has lighting......duh.

Strength and Durability- I'd say that Ult Thor doesn't have the strength feats of 616 Thor in general. However he was able to fight Hyperion of his universe, which Scarlet Witch later stated to be be comparable to 616 Hyperion. He was also able to tank blows from Ult Colossus, who is much stronger than his 616 version. Most people unfairly ascribe 1610 Thor to losing to Ult Hulk, but its important to remember that he was actually partially depowered at the time.

Speed- He seems faster than 616, and has really been blitzed.

So overall, I say Ult Thor wins. Strength is at least comparable and I'd edge with Thor being Stronger and more durable, and he has a distinct advantage with his Hammer. If he does get overwhelmed, I'd expect a BFR.

#9 Posted by ascenscion (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is good, but Thor is seriously powerful. He's marvel's biggest hitter (except for Mary Sue silver surfer) and would give Wonder Woman a run for her money, who is a decent amount stronger than Aquaman. I give it 8/10 to Thor.

A good matchup would be Arthur against Iron Man or Hulk.

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: Lightnings really?? Did you read Throne of Atlantis??

#11 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Aquaman here, but really it could go either way.

Ultimate Thor is admittedly quite powerful in terms of pure physical strength - he easily overpowered two Super-Soldiers (who were each strong enough to lift a nuclear missile) and is stated to be able to lift 100 tons+ by the Ultimate Marvel Handbook. His durability's also top-notch, with him tanking bullets to the face, as well as enduring a fifteen-minute beating from Ultimate Colossus (who is strong enough to lift an entire submarine). But I'd actually venture to say that New 52 Aquaman could physically match him in terms of raw strength. Aquaman is a 100-tonner himself, being able to lift and pull entire ships, and matching blows with Wonder Woman and Supes. And while many like to point out that scan where a single bullet was able to draw blood from his forehead, I think that was an isolated case. Aquaman has been shown to be able to tank rifle and pistol bullets without slowing down, and there was an issue where a direct shot by a rifle to his head failed to penetrate his skin. Taking into account how much stronger new-52 Atlanteans are, I'd argue that Aquaman would be able to if not surpass, at least match blows with Ultimate Thor. Plus, with hydration from the docks, he could amp his own strength.

There is the possibility that Thor could use flight to his advantage, but Thor generally chooses to brawl on ground unless he needs to go aerial, so I don't see him doing it here. Another advantage that Thor will very likely use would be his lightning - which would be the biggest threat against Aquaman. Those strikes have been shown to take down Iron Man suits and even Chitauri ships (though those alien vessels were arguably damaged). But I don't think Thor will go all supercharged the way he did against the Chitauri ships, so based on his attacks in direct combat alone, I actually think Aquaman could take a lightning strike. Even Quicksilver with ordinary durability could take multiple strikes and still stand, so it's not that much of a stretch to say that Aquaman could. Plus, besides using lightning for long-range, I think Thor's fighting style would lead him to use his hammer more often than not. And speaking of that, I'd say that Aquaman's trident is pretty powerful too (piercing Darkseid and Graves). In terms of speed, I think they're quite evenly-matched. Even though Thor tagged Quicksilver, that was all through lightning, so not really an accurate assessment. It's also worth mentioning that Aquaman's telepathy might be able to affect Thor.

I don't think that Ultimate Thor would really BFR Aquaman, in all honesty. Beyond teleporting the Chitauri bomb and the S.H.I.E.L.D. fleet (during their fight with the Children), he hasn't really used it in direct combat. He could have easily BFRed Colossus or Hulk during their fights, but never attempted to. While Thor has a very good chance of securing this victory, I'd argue that Aquaman takes it with a slight majority.

#12 Edited by dondave (38481 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Thor

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: 3 things to clear up.

Lightning Strikes on Quicksilver. As we establish Thor controls the damage of the Lightning. The whole fight vs the Ultimates he was holding back. So safe to assume he was holding back on QS. Plus QS has a Healing Factor.

Reaction Time. Thor has kept reacted and Tag QS 3 times in one battle. He also reacted to a Blitzing Hyperion with ease. He also nearly kept up a First Knife who was fast enough to dodge lightning.

BFR. Thor used this many time with the Chitauri Bomb, Helicarrier Fleet, Lokis Army, and Loki.

#14 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning Strikes on Quicksilver. As we establish Thor controls the damage of the Lightning. The whole fight vs the Ultimates he was holding back. So safe to assume he was holding back on QS. Plus QS has a Healing Factor.

Reaction Time. Thor has kept reacted and Tag QS 3 times in one battle. He also reacted to a Blitzing Hyperion with ease. He also nearly kept up a First Knife who was fast enough to dodge lightning.

BFR. Thor used this many time with the Chitauri Bomb, Helicarrier Fleet, Lokis Army, and Loki.

This is debatable, but I still don't think it's an accurate assessment of his actual physical speed. As for the fight against the Ultimates, I don't think he was holding back towards the end, and his lightning strikes hit the Super-Soldiers and Quicksilver, and they were damaged but otherwise fine. And taking into account Aquaman's high-level durability, I think the lightning can harm him, but not necessarily defeat him. Also, Thor's not bloodlusted here.

See my above point. I can't comment on the Hyperion feat because I haven't read Ultimate Power yet. And I don't think he kept up with First Knife at all - he couldn't land a single blow on Knife, and this was supposed to be a bloodlusted morals-off Thor.

Yes, but my point was that he never used it in terms of direct combat - only in special circumstances.

#15 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman drew blood from a stray bullet and was badly hurt from a plane explosion...Ultimate Thor got this in my opinion.

#16 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@cadencev2 said:

This is debatable, but I still don't think it's an accurate assessment of his actual physical speed. As for the fight against the Ultimates, I don't think he was holding back towards the end, and his lightning strikes hit the Super-Soldiers and Quicksilver, and they were damaged but otherwise fine. And taking into account Aquaman's high-level durability, I think the lightning can harm him, but not necessarily defeat him. Also, Thor's not bloodlusted here.

See my above point. I can't comment on the Hyperion feat because I haven't read Ultimate Power yet. And I don't think he kept up with First Knife at all - he couldn't land a single blow on Knife, and this was supposed to be a bloodlusted morals-off Thor.

Yes, but my point was that he never used it in terms of direct combat - only in special circumstances.

Well to show why I think he held back.

Scan 1: Thor Clearly holds his 100+ toner hits on Hawkeye and Cap.

Scan 2: Not Blood lusted enough to halt a attack for fear of harming a pregnant women.

Scan 3: Only at the end he hits Blood Lust mode. The whole fight he held back till the last 2 pages.

Here is the Ultimate Hyperion Speed Blitz.

Bamsky.

Also in the battle first Knife, Thor clearly kept up with a Cyborg that moved faster than a Point Blank Lightning Bolt.

Yet it was not like Thor was being sped blitz like poor Thunder Strike here.

So I think he has very good Speed reaction.

Just what I gathered.

#17 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2

I do agree with the consensus that Thor has good reflexes, but I just think that Aquaman should be able to match him when it comes to actual combat.

Like I said in my earlier post, Thor was holding back up until the end - when he called forth lightning that hit the Super-Soldiers, Iron Man, Black Widow, as well as Quicksilver. But all four (five?) were still up and standing after that, with no fatal damage, so taking into account Aquaman's high durability - I think he can take some punishment from the lightning. As shown in the scans above, Aquaman could take multiple lightning strikes from Ocean Master before he was knocked out - and these strikes are powerful enough to knock out even Wonder Woman and Superman (both 100+ tonners).

Regarding the Hyperion feat, that is a pretty impressive reflex feat, I'll say.

As for First Knife, I still don't think that Thor 'kept up' or 'barely kept up' at all. Keeping up implies that Thor could maintain a certain level of attack to Knife, but we see all of his blows failing to connect while Knife's superior speed lands in multiple blows.

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: On the first knife thing, What I am saying is First Knife is not moving too fast for Thor to fight back. Is Thor missing every attack? Yes. However is First Knife lightning dodging speed to fast too to not to dodge Thor attempts. No.

#19 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: On the first knife thing, What I am saying is First Knife is not moving too fast for Thor to fight back. Is Thor missing every attack? Yes. However is First Knife lightning dodging speed to fast too to not to dodge Thor attempts. No.

Sorry, but I really don't understand this sentence. Could you rephrase it? I'm not trying to be rude, but I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to explain.

#20 Posted by Tohoma (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that Ultimate Thor can bfr. Couldn't he just bfr aquaman to a desert and proceed with a smackdown or simply bfr aquaman into space?

#21 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma said:

I heard that Ultimate Thor can bfr. Couldn't he just bfr aquaman to a desert and proceed with a smackdown or simply bfr aquaman into space?

As aforementioned, Ultimate Thor has never BFRed anyone in combat before. The only times he has used his teleportation powers was either for travel, or to remove something (like the Chitauri bomb). The only instance I can think of that he's used it on another person was Loki - and even then it was after he defeated Loki, and it was just to send him back to Odin.

Also, with no intel on his opponent, Thor wouldn't know about Aquaman's dehydration weakness.

#22 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Never put THOR and WATER together, AM may take it, but the poor fishies. :(

#23 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: Lightnings really?? Did you read Throne of Atlantis??

Yeah, I read it. He was weakened by OceanMaster's lightnings, not very much, but he was weakened. Thor could just fly away and hit him with hundreds of lightnings(he's not immune, just resistant) so that Arthur won't be able to attack him while Thor will be able to hit him as much as he wants.

#24 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman ftw.

#25 Edited by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems like a good fight.

#26 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha

I'd argue that that isn't really Ultimate Thor's style though. He generally only calls in the lightning when he's overwhelmed, and for the most part he seems to prefer getting in close and brawling with the hammer. Thor seems to only call in the lightning when he's being swamped with multiple enemies (his fight against the Super-Soldiers, the Chitauri ships) or against enemies he can't physically tag (Quicksilver, First Knife). The only instance I can think of him summoning lightning to hit a ground enemy was his opening attack against Hulk, but he only used it once, and after that continued to fight Hulk with Mjolnir.

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@veitha

I'd argue that that isn't really Ultimate Thor's style though. He generally only calls in the lightning when he's overwhelmed, and for the most part he seems to prefer getting in close and brawling with the hammer. Thor seems to only call in the lightning when he's being swamped with multiple enemies (his fight against the Super-Soldiers, the Chitauri ships) or against enemies he can't physically tag (Quicksilver, First Knife). The only instance I can think of him summoning lightning to hit a ground enemy was his opening attack against Hulk, but he only used it once, and after that continued to fight Hulk with Mjolnir.

He uses Lightning few times as well in these cases as a Opener.

Scan 1: Uses the Lightning as a Opener with his Telportation.

Scan 2: Same as above.

Scan 3: Uses it vs Children of Tommorow.

Scan 4: Uses it on Hulk.

Scan 5-6: Uses Lightning Bolts with Physical attacks on Hyperion and Zarda.

Scan 7: Blasts Hyperion out of the air twice in this and Scan 5.

Scan 8: Blasts Iron Man in H2H.

Scan 9: Blasts the entire Ultimates team in H2H.

He makes very good use of lightning in Combat. Not just against Speedy characters.

#28 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5533 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult. Thor stomps Aquaman. New 52 has been boosted a lot in physical prowess but has nothing on Thor ,all this exaggerating people are doing is laughable.

#29 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark.

What ship did he lift? Because the page everyone claims he lifted an ocean liner in is false because there's nothing showing him lifting it and the next panel shows the ship was already on its side and Aquaman was just examining it.

When has he used water to AMP his strength not revive himself, AMP his strength ?

Sucker punching WW and Supes is NOT exchanging blows with them.

#30 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5782 posts) - - Show Bio

All I came to say is that the creator of this thread is awesome because these two guys are two of my favorites, and I am going to have some badass dreams tonight. alrite enough of kissing the ops ass. Ult. Thor was stated by Nick Fury to be the most powerful superpowered being in the Ultimate u. And this is before he had his Godley hood restored. I woulf like to point out that both times Thor had his hammer taken by Hulk or Hyperion, that he was mortal and wearing a battlesuit that mimicked his abilities as best they could. I believe a fully powered Thor would eventually win. Flight, Magic, and his fighting skill (having fought in Wars and Arenas for possibly thousandd of years) places him above Authur if I say so myself. Ult. Thor takes it 8/10

#31 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2

I can see him using lightning as an opener, but based on most of his fights, I don't see him spamming lightning from the air, as suggested above. He's more of a close-ranged brawler, and tends to rely more on his physical strength and Mjolnir. As aforementioned - for the most part - Thor reserves his lightning for when his melee attacks don't suffice.

@wavemotioncannon

Justice League #10 has Aquaman explicitly lifting what appears to be a transatlantic cruise liner. I don't know what you mean by 'there's nothing showing him lifting it' because you can clearly see Aquaman holding up the liner's propeller on the first panel's far right.

'Amp' was a poor choice of words on my part - I meant that he could rejuvenate himself in water should his stamina fail him.

I never stated that he 'exchanged blows' - I used the word match. Meaning that his punches clearly affected them, and their punches could harm him as well.

#32 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: As far as long range attacks Thor does not use that option often but on Air Targets and Superior speed foes.

However I do see Thor using Lightning with his Physical Hits once AM durability proves to as high as his. Or as a opener attack.

@guardiandevil83: Thanks.