• 86 results
#51 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Impressive for sure. Not as Impressive as holding up 100s of Tons of Sky Scraper >_> but impressive.

#52 Posted by Adriell2124 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

So out of the two Spidey's main rogues gallery, which one really has the more difficult ones?

#53 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Teenage Spider-Man. Only because people were dumb and high in the 60s.

#54 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adriell2124 said:

So out of the two Spidey's main rogues gallery, which one really has the more difficult ones?

Ultimate Villains are more dangerous from the get go. They dont need Power Boost or Upgrades like 616. they started off bada$$ and murdering. 616 villains starting off were mostly soft in comparison.

@texasdeathmatch said:

616 Teenage Spider-Man. Only because people were dumb and high in the 60s.

So Spidey was dumb and high during the 60s? i can agree with this. :)

#55 Posted by laflux (15405 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: More feats

uses a lampost to wreck a speeding van

Describing his abilities when he first became spider-man. Easily lifts a Bus and speed-blitzes the Hulk

Dodges Lasers with ease. Randomly fired as well

catches a car thrown by the Hulk with relative ease.

It will be a close fight, but its not like Spider-man hasn't got experience fighting teams as i posted earlier. Add his more impressive strength, comparable agility (when he chooses to use it) and the greater feats he has with webbing and he should win.

#56 Posted by Adriell2124 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Wasn't the hulk thing when he got older though? Like after he married MJ?

#57 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I wish I had the Scans on me but Ultimate Spidet first few issues starting fought the Murdering and eating people Ultimate Hulk > to the never killed anyone Savage Hulk

and survived till Hulk turned back into banner.

So the survivng never kills anyone Savage Hulk deal isnt that Impressive......

Doges Lightning, bullets, whips, and the Strong guy at the same time.

Also this guy (Green Goblin) that the whole Ultimate Team had trouble to bring down?

Spidey fought and match him mutiple times.

#58 Edited by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@jashro44: That a Impressive showing. Im going to try reason this out. Spider is 9 ton comfortable. Thats WAAAY more in 9 tons unless its....

A) Made from Light Weight Metals and Hollowed inside for Tech Parts

B) a PIS feat with the writer cleary making Spidey stronger than he is.

You've never heard of Adrenaline?

And that issue was written by Stan Lee. He created Spider-Man and probably has the best understanding of what is within his capabilities.

#59 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@jashro44: That a Impressive showing. Im going to try reason this out. Spider is 9 ton comfortable. Thats WAAAY more in 9 tons unless its....

And that issue was written by Stan Lee. He created Spider-Man and probably has the best understanding of what is within his capabilities.

I could buy that. Spider Adrenaline. uh Oh sounds like another super power along with Spidey Sense.

Also Stan Lee made the character. He also made said character with a Radioactive Spider Bite. he made Hulk with a instant Radiation Poisining Gamma Bomb. He made F4 with Cosmic Radiation from space.

Point is he made the character, yet has no grasp of what hes writing at times.

#60 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Adriell2124 said:

Ultimate Villains are more dangerous from the get go. They dont need Power Boost or Upgrades like 616. they started off bada$$ and murdering. 616 villains starting off were mostly soft in comparison.

I'd say in some cases, yeah, I agree. But others not as much. Classic Kingpin was more formidable than Ultimate (who was no slouch), the 616 versions of the symbiotes are more fearsome in my opinion, Kraven was significantly better in the 616 universe and so forth. Clear edge to Ultimate Green Goblin vs. classic 616 version. I actually think 616 vs. Ultimate could go either way despite the technopathy, 616 Otto had better reflex feats and everything in my opinion.

#61 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: I think Kraven was made and pushed in too fast. Ultimate Lizard never had much time but a quick Cameo before Man-Thing one shot him.The Symbiots were still formible but retarded.

I think Ult. Sandman is as formible as 616 Sandman.

Ultimate Goblin better than 616 in stats.

Otto is better than 616 due to Technopathy (he can make Arms out of junk metal) and better devices on his Arms.

Ultimate Electro is better becuase unlike 616 Electro he needs no power source, makes his own electricity, Flies, and strong enough to battle Ultimate Thor thru a whole Comic.

Ultimate Rhino is as beastly as 616.

Ultimate Mysterio seems cooler.

I havent really read past Ultimate 6 Arc in ultimate Spidey. Im missing like 100 more issues of Ultimate Spidey goodness.

#62 Edited by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@CadenceV2 said:

I could buy that. Spider Adrenaline. uh Oh sounds like another super power along with Spidey Sense.

Also Stan Lee made the character. He also made said character with a Radioactive Spider Bite. he made Hulk with a instant Radiation Poisining Gamma Bomb. He made F4 with Cosmic Radiation from space.

Point is he made the character, yet has no grasp of what hes writing at times.

As opposed to what? An Alien that gets powered up by our sun? A man that gets turned into the fastest man alive because some chemicals got hit by lightning and spilled on him? Comic Book Origins are not ever really grounded in reality.

#63 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18022 posts) - - Show Bio

amazing wins

#64 Edited by laflux (15405 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

"wish I had the Scans on me but Ultimate Spidet first few issues starting fought the Murdering and eating people Ultimate Hulk > to the never killed anyone Savage Hulk

and survived till Hulk turned back into banner.

So the survivng never kills anyone Savage Hulk deal isnt that Impressive......

Doges Lightning, bullets, whips, and the Strong guy at the same time.

Also this guy (Green Goblin) that the whole Ultimate Team had trouble to bring down?

Spidey fought and match him mutiple times".

Ult hulk is weaker than 616 Savage hulk, so I don't really see the point your making. Savage 616 hulk would beat the brakes of Ult Hulk- the fact that Ult Hulk is a Hedonistic Murderer just proves that he's not a nice person to be around. Anyhow, Since Spider-man is faster and more agile than Hulk it is feasible he could survive by dodging him. Fact is Spider-man 616 caught a car thrown by someone who is stronger than Ult hulk. And Tbh if both Ult or 616 hulk were to seriously try to hurt either 616 or 1610 spider-man in a blow for blow fight spider-man would lose in any scenario. Hell i could even show scans of 616 Peter knocking down the Hulk back in the Day, but that's generally regarded as PIS. Again that's an agility impressive feat that you've shown before- but teenage 616 spider-man has similar feats of agility which I've also shown. 1610 Norman is definitely more impressive than 616 Norman physically, but 616 has 9- ton strength levels combined with an array of tech. And honestly, 1610 spider-man has only really beaten Norman once and died as a result. Norman One shotted Pete when he killed his son hobgoblin- and i think most would agree that Norman is by far Peter's physical superior.

You also mention that Spider-man lifting off the heavy machinery is PIS, due to his 10 ton strength rating. In comicvine we value consistent feats over ratings. Fact is Spider-man has many > 10 ton strength ratings. Granted, alot of them were when he was an adult, but although Stan Lee did state that spider-man would get stronger as he grew up, but I believe that notion has been since abandoned. Ult spider-man has only really > 10 ton feat, which was lifting that semi-truck to batter ultimate green goblin.

I stand by my assumption that 616 would win but it would be close.

#65 Posted by jashro44 (20810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@CadenceV2 said:

I disagree about stan lee having a best understanding of what spider-man is capable of. He may have created the character but other writers have developed spider-man and changed him. Back when stan lee wrote him he had a hard time with chumps like the enforcers because he never used his speed and agility and he held back way to much with the punches. He lost to scorpion the first time because he slugged it out with him as opposed to using his speed and agility. If you compare how spider-man is written now in comparison to when Stan Lee wrote him, current spider-man would curbstomp stan lees. Spider-man has changed a lot since then in terms of both character and combat wise.

#66 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I agree neither side wins by a majority. I vote for Ultimate for the hard win. You belive 616. Either way its close.

@jashro44 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@CadenceV2 said:

I disagree about stan lee having a best understanding of what spider-man is capable of. He may have created the character but other writers have developed spider-man and changed him. Back when stan lee wrote him he had a hard time with chumps like the enforcers because he never used his speed and agility and he held back way to much with the punches. He lost to scorpion the first time because he slugged it out with him as opposed to using his speed and agility. If you compare how spider-man is written now in comparison to when Stan Lee wrote him, current spider-man would curbstomp stan lees. Spider-man has changed a lot since then in terms of both character and combat wise.

This explains what Im saying better. Stan Lee is.... Stan Lee.

#67 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Ult hulk is weaker than 616 Savage hulk, so I don't really see the point your making. Savage 616 hulk would beat the brakes of Ult Hulk- the fact that Ult Hulk is a Hedonistic Murderer just proves that he's not a nice person to be around. Anyhow, Since Spider-man is faster and more agile than Hulk it is feasible he could survive by dodging him. Fact is Spider-man 616 caught a car thrown by someone who is stronger than Ult hulk. And Tbh if both Ult or 616 hulk were to seriously try to hurt either 616 or 1610 spider-man in a blow for blow fight spider-man would lose in any scenario. Hell i could even show scans of 616 Peter knocking down the Hulk back in the Day, but that's generally regarded as PIS. Again that's an agility impressive feat that you've shown before- but teenage 616 spider-man has similar feats of agility which I've also shown. 1610 Norman is definitely more impressive than 616 Norman physically, but 616 has 9- ton strength levels combined with an array of tech. And honestly, 1610 spider-man has only really beaten Norman once and died as a result. Norman One shotted Pete when he killed his son hobgoblin- and i think most would agree that Norman is by far Peter's physical superior.

Also that I add that Ultimate Hulk is every bit as strong as Early Savage Hulk. Ultimate Hulk is no way weaker at all. Also the fact he murders is even more impressive as Savage Hulk never goes for killing blows. Also Ultimate Hulk retains his Intelegance unlike Savage.

So Ultimate > to Classic Savage.

Also Pete many times beaten GG. He beat him once as Spidey dodge the heavy AR fire and GG didnt. Win for Pete. Second time he beat down GG and GG use more OZ making him even more stronger. Then Pete again survived that. Second win. Third win had pete Killing GG and beating half a team of badguys with a Gunshot Wound!!!!

Epic third win.

#68 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

This is plain silly, clearly spiderman would win.

#69 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfamousFish said:

Ultimate Spidey,

#70 Posted by Thesssssssssss (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spidey wins, quite easily...

#71 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

This is plain silly, clearly spiderman would win.

#72 Posted by Adriell2124 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: You sure? I'm pretty sure the web-head could take it...

#73 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adriell2124: pssssh yah right, spidy would pown that web head.

#74 Posted by Adriell2124 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Seriously? There was an Ultimate Lizard? Huh..

#75 Posted by TheCannon (18317 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Deadcool said:

616, he is way stonger than Ultimate Spider-man, even as a Teenager he was (back then) one of the strongest heroes of earth, 10 tonner vs a 4/5 tonner, also Silver Age Spider-man (Teenager Pete) was able to create a lot of tools using his web, stuff like shields, baseball bats, etc. (he still being able to do it but he rarely do it).

This.

"Be water my friend"

This.

#76 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adriell2124 said:

@CadenceV2: Seriously? There was an Ultimate Lizard? Huh..

Yeah in a Ultimate Marvel Team Up Issue. Ultimate Lizard looked cool too. Man Thing one shotted him.

#77 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Deadcool said:

616, he is way stonger than Ultimate Spider-man, even as a Teenager he was (back then) one of the strongest heroes of earth, 10 tonner vs a 4/5 tonner, also Silver Age Spider-man (Teenager Pete) was able to create a lot of tools using his web, stuff like shields, baseball bats, etc. (he still being able to do it but he rarely do it).

This.

Bringing it Back.

All that seems cool. However Ultimate Spider Man wins because of these reasons.

Strength

Ultimate spider Man a 4/5 toner? B***h please.....

1) Spider Man test his new powers and lifts a ton with no strain at all.

2) Spidey after being beaten by Sinister Six still matches Ultimate Cap in Strength without too much trouble.

3) Spidey bleeding to death and taken a serious beating that would have KOed even 616 Pete lifts a 9 ton vehicle over his head and slams it on Green Goblin twice.

4-5) With one hand, Spider Man throws a flooded Taxi Cab (easy 2 tons) 5 stories into the air!

6) Spidey breaks out of Super Human Handcuffs in a position where Pete could use only a little strength.

7) Spidey lifts a 12K (6 ton) Dockyard Forklift with no problems.

Speed and Agility

USM is as fast and agile as the next Spider Man.

1) Ultimate Spidey does have Spider Sense to utilize his speed and agility best.

2-3) Spidey dodges bullets after they are fired and less than 20 feet away. Just dances around them.

4) Spider Man dances around Chain Guns from Weapon X soldiers.

5) Spidey easily dodges Assault Rifles fired by Swat Teams.

Durability

Spidey has tanked some serious hits.

1) Skin to hard for Needles.

2) Easily takes a Car Bomb to the back.

3-4) Free Fall from Half Mile

5) Withstood face plant by Ultimate Hulk

This is Important as it shows Spidey can survive and still fight after having the strongest Rifle in the world shot him. The Barret .50 Cal.

Webbing

USM was never skimp on webbing people into KO.

As seen his Web Spam is a favorite tactic of his and that Weebing is stronger than bullets as the last scan shows.

Spider Sense

Pete has that too.

1) Spidey Sense warning of a Car.

2) Spider Sense goes off in mid battle to a about to explode car.

3) Spider Sense allows Spider Man to catch Taser.

Since we want to talk hardships, here is 2 villains that gave 15 year old ultimate peter more hassle and much more powerful than anything Teenage 616 peter dealt with.

Green Goblin

He was always the biggest and deadliest USM villain. He was the reason Spidey was created and dying in the end. He is very much unlike his counter part in power set. He does not rely on gear, but superior stats to USM own stats. He also has a insane durability, and can generate Plasma Fire attacks.

Powers

One of the biggest things to note og Green Goblins powers is the fact they are constantly evolving thru the whole series. He just gets tougher and tougher.

As seen here.

His main power is his stats and fire projection.

Shome Showings of that Fire Projection.

Scan 1: GG Blows part tanks.

Scan 2: GG Blows away Blast Doors from a SHIELD Meta Human Prison.

Scan 3-4: GG Vaps more SHIELD.

Scan 5: GG Explains plasma base fire.

His projection is so powerful, he even destroyed a portion of the Ultimates Base.

He can also Set himself on Fire.

The guy also has insane leap feats to get around and catch Spidey in the air.

Durability

Norman's biggest asset.

Scan 1: Assault rifle fire.

Scan 2: Attack Choppers with anti Vehicle Machine Guns.

Scan 3: GG with a special collar that lobotomizes any person trying to use their powers. Added to this he was being hit with Tranqs and well taking a Gaint Man Pimp Hand!

Scan 4: GG tanks with ease Iron Man Repulsar Blast.

Scan 5-6: GG gets up after a few minuets from a all out Human Torch attack.

GG free falls from a Sky Scraper. Look at the damage he does here when he hits. He simply bounces off and turns back into Norman to keep off SHIELD's radar.

GG gets hit by SHIELDs Hulk Buster unit repeatedly and Anti Tank Missiles. All to no affect.

When attacked by Torch a second time, Norman learned he can Absorb the Nova level fire output of Human Torch.

Battles

Goblins fist battle.

Goblin fights Spider Man with a plan.

Goblin is spectacular in this battle. Not only he manages Ultimate Cap the whole time, but the amount of damage soak to be the last main guy standing says alot.

Goblin vs Doc Ock in their first match against each other. Doc Ock at this time clearly had the upper hand, till Electro blasted him.

Spidey, Kitty, and SHIELD first attempt at Green Goblin.

Goblin's showdown with himself, Spider Man, Harry, and SHIELD. Tragic End for his son.

Green Goblin vs Doc Ock in their second and final fight. Very even fight at this point, Doc Ock ends up letting Norman kill him.

In the final battle between Goblin and Spider Man, Goblin was already banged up from a Human Torch all out attack. It takes Peter, MJ, and a Moving truck to finish Norman off once and for all.

Doctor Octopus

Doc Ock was a very important character for many reason as Goblin. He was there when Peter was created as Spider Man. Thru his research he was responsible creating Spider Woman. He also help the Ultimate Team defeat Reed Richards. In the end he was the only villain wanting to give up the cycle of death and revenge.

Powers

Doc Ock's best power was always his technopathy. With it he can create the 4 Tentacle Devices from any tech around, and he can morph them into deadly weapons as well.

Scans 1-2: Doc Ock learns his Technopathy early on.

Scans 3-5: Doc uses his Arms from miles away.

Scans 6-10: Dock has slipped away to saftey while his arms did battle.

On top of this he has use his powers to form weapon systems from his arms.

Scan 1: Flamethrower

scan 2: Shield

Scan 3: Automatic Machine Gun

Scan 4-6: Taser

Another Great Side Effect of his Technopathy is control of anything Metal into a Whirlwind of Shrapnel.

Smarts

Doctor Octavious is incredibly intelligent. He help make the Oz Formula, hacks into Shield, and was responsible for the Spider Man clones.

1-2) Hacks into SHIELD and the White House, dropping a virus into the former.

3-5) Explains he is the first to Clone and Cloned super powers with that.

Speed

With his Arms he is really fast as well.

Scan 1: Block multiple shot from Ult. Hawkeye.

Scan 2: Easily tears thru Spider Mans incredible Multi Ton Webs.

Scan 3-4: Easily keeps up with the speed of Spider Man and Spider Woman. Takes combine effort to KO him.

Battles

Spidey battles Dok Ock first time, he is still getting into this super villain gig and SHIELD gets in the way!

Spidey then comes back knowing what he is up against.

Doc Ock holds off for a lengthy time Hawkeye and Wasp. Takes Wasp signature desperation move to nail him.

Doc Ock battles Spider Man on his own with better understanding of his powers. He wins this match.

Doc Ock's harness battles SHIELD.

After a plain ride were Doc Ock rips out Peters Tooth in a most painful fashion, Spidey breaks loose and gets the better of him.

Spider Man and Spider Woman team up against Dock Ock whos power manifested in a further way. Control over all mechanical things creating a whirlwind of shrapnel as well regrow able arms.

Dok Ock vs Goblin in their first match against each other. Doc Ock at this time clearly had the upper hand, till Electro blasted him.

Green Goblin vs Doc Ock in their second and final fight. Very even fight at this point, Doc Ock ends up letting Norman kill him.

Conclusion!

Ultimate peter had a harder life and his stats and feats match even adult Parker in most areas. His durability is also beatly as the Death of Spider man arc really shown.

Ultimate Peter wins this.

#78 Edited by Mattferrar (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool: very true and he created the webbing himself intead of looking at his fathers videos 616 webbing is way stronger and he is way stronger hes reflexes are better 616 wins for sure also 616 didn't die lol

#79 Posted by Mattferrar (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: 616 spiderman is stronger faster smarter has a better spider sense 616 is way more powerfull then ult. and il prove it right now. i have plenty more where that came from whats that ultimate spiderman got shot while saving captian america while 616 spidey has a better spider sense and reflexes and saved the person while without having to sacrifice himself. also his webbing is alot stronger as shown because he made it himself and hes a super genius 616 wins easy.

#80 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: 616 spiderman is stronger faster smarter has a better spider sense 616 is way more powerfull then ult. and il prove it right now. i have plenty more where that came from whats that ultimate spiderman got shot while saving captian america while 616 spidey has a better spider sense and reflexes and saved the person while without having to sacrifice himself. also his webbing is alot stronger as shown because he made it himself and hes a super genius 616 wins easy.

Wow you use Adult Peter Scans mixed with teenage 616 Scans.

Kind of shows and proves you have NO IDEA what your talking about. Thanks for proving your inability to counter my debate.

This is Teenage 616 Peter, not Adult.

Ultimate Peter also has great Strength Feats.

Pete slams repeatedly a 10 ton Moving Truch while bleeding to death.

Pete throws over 2 tons of flooded Taxi Cab out of the water and 15 stories in the air with one hand.

Pete from a position of no strength pulls apart steel bars that can hold 8 tons with no problem.

Pete lifts and toss a 12 ton shipping yard forklift.

Yeah Teenager 616 Peter had such a strength advantage! "Eyes rolling"

Then you bring up Spidey Sense!

Peter Spider Sense played no role in his fight vs Miles.

Your whole post was a Epic Fail. Good job.

#81 Edited by jashro44 (20810 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea why people keep spamming those miles scans around. They have been debunked a dozen times.

#82 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

No idea why people keep spamming those miles scans around. They have been debunked a dozen times.

It happen. Spider sense seems not to work on each other. That was the point of the scans as I posted them. Stop crying about it. Im not saying Miles can beat adult Way of the Spider Peter.

#83 Posted by jashro44 (20810 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I'm not crying about anything. Spider sense did seem to go off in the first scan you posted last panel. He was surprised later because Peter was questioning miles and was trying to figure out what was going on, thus his mind was over riding his body. You know this and yet you are still posting the scans in an effort to low ball.

#84 Posted by VeganDiet (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

Pete throws over 2 tons of flooded Taxi Cab out of the water and 15 stories in the air with one hand.

Pete from a position of no strength pulls apart steel bars that can hold 8 tons with no problem.

I'd really like to know where you got the numbers for those feats because they seem like you pulled them out of nowhere.

The moving truck and the taxi cab feats' number seem about right, but I have no idea where you're getting the other numbers from. The average fork lifts weighs about 9000 pounds. Far less than 12 tons. 12 ton forklifts are far larger and bulkier than those.

I'd also like to see where you got the 8 ton measurement from. Was it stated to be so in story?

#85 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

I'd really like to know where you got the numbers for those feats because they seem like you pulled them out of nowhere.

The moving truck and the taxi cab feats' number seem about right, but I have no idea where you're getting the other numbers from. The average fork lifts weighs about 9000 pounds. Far less than 12 tons. 12 ton forklifts are far larger and bulkier than those.

I'd also like to see where you got the 8 ton measurement from. Was it stated to be so in story?

Look at the Fork Lift and this Fork Lift.

The Fork Lift in question is made to work and lift Cargo Ship Tricons and 20 footers. A trican packed with medium crap can weigh more than 8 tons.

For a Fork lift to lift say 10 tons (Which this one can) it must weight more the the load carrying, I lowballed it at 12 tons total gross weight. 12 tons is more than reasonable off the head guess.

As for High Grade Steel beam (It was made to hold super beings after all) Handcuffs, I lowballed that by alot.

It take more Tonage to rips apart High Grade steel of say 2 by 2 than it does crushing it. since this is more a 1 by 1 Steel Handcuff device it should realistically take 15 ton to pull apart!

And Spidey did this from a position where he could only use like 20% of his total strength.

Feel better?

#86 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4386 posts) - - Show Bio

I grew up reading the Ultimate storyline so imo USM and the fact that web shotters are boring...