Ultimate Spider-Man vs Superboy (Read OP)

• 55 results
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By laflux

Ultimate Spider-Man (TV Show)

No Caption Provided

Superboy (Young Justice)

No Caption Provided

Rules

Standard Morals

Win by Death, Incap, K.O or Submission

Standard Gear

Arena

No Caption Provided

Opponents starts 30 ft away and visible. Who wins and why?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

How strong is this Spider-Man? Because Superboy was taking punches from Amazo while he was channeling Superman's strength.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty sure this Spiderman gets stomped, seeing as the best feat I saw from him was stopping a car in midair.

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Lord44

I think this is a stomp... Superboy hits much much harder than anyone Spiderman ever faced.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Kon

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord44: He did fight Rhino and juggernaut

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

Shouldn't Spidey get stomped pretty hard?

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Rhino and Juggy aint no Superboy.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superboy

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a complete mismatch...

@kgb725 said:

@lord44: He did fight Rhino and juggernaut

But their strength is nowhere even remotely close to Superboy's, fact is putting them up against SB is also huge mismatching.

Spiderman doesn't stand a chance.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laflux

@lord44: @tdk_1997: @potato:

@saren said:

How strong is this Spider-Man? Because Superboy was taking punches from Amazo while he was channelling Superman's strength.

Pretty Strong. He's caught a decent sized helicopter falling from the sky, caught and held an entire train car for an extended period of time, throws cars around with no effort, was able to knock out Rhino with a combined punch with Luke Cage. He caught a punch from Tundra, who is Luke Cage's equal in the show, and threw an entire giant water tank without much strain. He kicked Sabretooth with enough force to send him waltzing into a School Bus about 50-100 ft away which then flipped over on impact. He also caught a Giant Television screen, like the ones you see in times square, before pulling it up with his webbing. He punched off the head of an automated Iron Man armour (and Iron Man is strong enough to fly around hold train cars without strain). The show shares the same continuity with Avengers Assemble, and IIRC Iron Man has some solid durable feats there- like being Bomb and Missile proof

I think that the two are comparable enough in strength (I hate it when people low-ball Supes by bringing up the time when he failed to lift that School Bus), but the best Superboy strength feat I can think of is him Ripping of a tank turret (and he was bat-sh!t crazy when he did this).

This was about the size of the screen. The one that has the Coke sign on it.
This was about the size of the screen. The one that has the Coke sign on it.

Also I think that Superman was nerfed in that show. If I remember he was K.O'ed by a bomb which destroyed an Island. I don't remember him having to many feats of strength, apart from dominating Superboy physically.

In regards to durability he's taken multiple punches from Juggernaut, all of the Wrecking Crew, Hulk, Rhino and a Mind Controlled Luke Cage. To put it in perspective Wrecking Crew were destroying entire buildings with single blows, Rhino was a 100 tonner who stopped and derailed an most of a Freight Train. Luke Cage is rhino equal, who was only scared of drowning in lava when submerged up to the neck in it, as opposed to you know, being burnt alive in it, and is missile bomb and bulletproof. Juggernaunt completely no sold Luke Cage's punches and knocked him out with a single blow. He's fallen through an entire building and the multiple concrete floors without being K.O'ed and recovered instantly to fight beetle. He had a cold and Venom punched him into a bus, which completely disintegrated on impact. Peter was fine, and still cracking jokes. Its pretty much a meme in the show that Peter will take lots of damage, before stopping time, and breaking the fourth-wall to make a joke that ranges from mildly funny to so bad its funny.

I do think that in a straight up physical fight, Superboy would win after a good majority in a decent fight. Spider-Man is quite a bit faster and can somewhat compare strength wise, but Superboy was pretty much a damage soak for his team with the amount of punishment he took. What I think makes the battle interesting is Peter's gear, namely his electrified webbing which he has used various times. He managed to K.O Juggernaunt with it, and has disarmed Venom (though he has a weakness to that stuff). Kaldur K.O'ed Supes with his electric powers at the start of Young Justice season two, granted he took him by surprise, but with Peter's physicals, I don't see why Peter couldn't replicate this, along with maybe the odd physical win.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But their strength is nowhere even remotely close to Superboy's, fact is putting them up against SB is also huge mismatching.

Honestly, by feats, they are considerably stronger.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DwightSpitz

@laflux said:

@dwightspitz said:

Honestly, by feats, they are considerably stronger.

Honestly, by fact, no.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this including spideys team as nova carried the helli carrier...........spidey also fought sinister 6 and luke cage green goblin ironfist, white tiger and nova all at same time and won

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeathHero61
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, by fact, no.

Name a single feat Superboy did on the Young Justice show which is better than all the feats I listed for Juggernaunt or Rhino- without the use of Patches. I've watched every episode of both series, and I'll answer it for you, none.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laflux

He had patches here which suppressed his human DNA and amped his strength, speed and gave him flight and heat-vision. I mean, come on guys.......

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DwightSpitz

@laflux:

@saren said:

Because Superboy was taking punches from Amazo while he was channeling Superman's strength.

Juggernaut has been KO'd by Black Panther, fairly easy, just saying. I love BP but he is nowhere close to Superboy & especially not Superman's power-level.

The combined Spiderman-Luke Cage punch that took out Rhino is enough argument for Superboy's superiority. The punching power of Spiderman & Luke Cage does not equal the power of Superman's punches.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy didn't seem all that strong to me honestly. I'm sure he has the speed advantage (could also be wrong) but Spider-Man is way more agile, more versatile, smarter, comparable strength, good durability, and better combat feats without external help (nothing like patches).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By laflux

@laflux:

:

Because Superboy was taking punches from Amazo while he was channeling Superman's strength.

This is a durability feat. Not strength, which you stated in the first place

:

@dwightspitz said:

But their strengthis nowhere even remotely close to Superboy's,

Speaking of which, you do realize that Luke Cage was almost fully submerged in Lava and didn't feel a thing , while Superboy screamed in pain when his feet was dipped in Lava. And Spider-Man has actually out-soaked him in terms of damage soak on a few occasions ( GG one shotted him, while Spider-Man had an extended fight with him before being defeated).

Juggernaut has been KO'd by Black Panther, fairly easy, just saying. I love BP but he is nowhere close to Superboy & especially not Superman's power-level.

Black Panther didn't even appear on Avengers Assemble or Ultimate Spider-Man, what are you talking about?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TDK_1997  Online

@laflux: Those feats are nowhere near as good as they sound. I mean he did go up against Juggernaut,Rhino,Sabretooth and other characters like them that can be considered good low-level powerouses but this is a comedy TV Show and they have been nerfed a lot I think,at least Juggernaut. I mean even his teammates like Luke Cage and Nova were nerfed,especially Nova who is fighting like a total dumbass and loses every single batle although he has one of the strongest weapons in the galaxy.

I am not saying that Peter won't give Connor a good fight but it wouldn't be a battle that he can win. He can give him some trouble for a while but in the end I think the winner is obvious - Connor Kent a.k.a Superboy.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeathHero61

@laflux: Meh. I actually believe spidey wins i just love that gif.

No Caption Provided

If he can be so easily manipulated in combat, there is no way spidey wouldn't take him on well enough.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey stomps.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman would be running circles around him with his Speed. He doesnt have to the damage output to put down Superboy however. How does Superboy do against electricity? Havent watched Young Justice since it ended. If he cannot resist electrocity then Spidey can win via electric webs. Other than that Superboy wins this for a extremely strong majority (9/10-10/10)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By laflux

@tdk_1997 said:

@laflux: Those feats are nowhere near as good as they sound. I mean he did go up against Juggernaut,Rhino,Sabretooth and other characters like them that can be considered good low-level powerouses but this is a comedy TV Show and they have been nerfed a lot I think,at least Juggernaut. I mean even his teammates like Luke Cage and Nova were nerfed,especially Nova who is fighting like a total dumbass and loses every single batle although he has one of the strongest weapons in the galaxy.

What? Nova stopped an entire Helicarrier from falling out of the sky and tanked a beam capable of destroying the earth. Just because it has a strong comedy element doesn't decrease the magnitude of the feats performed- they still happened. Granted Nova jobs quite a bit, sometimes for comedy, but in the battle forums we assume characters fight at their best, and Nova cutting loose would demolish most opponents. Case in point, SHIELD couldn't stop Sandman from wrecking New York, but Nova's Blasts where hot enough to turn him into glass.

I have no problem thinking that Superboy wins TBH. But I think those saying he stomps are slightly misinformed.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, BC is just a better martial artist than

superboy... It wasn't much of a fight anyway. The whole point of that scene was to point out super boy's inexperience

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TDK_1997  Online

@laflux said:

@tdk_1997 said:

What? Nova stopped an entire Helicarrier from falling out of the sky and tanked a beam capable of destroying the earth. Just because it has a strong comedy element doesn't decrease the magnitude of the feats performed- they still happened. Granted Nova jobs quite a bit, sometimes for comedy, but in the battle forums we assume characters fight at their best, and Nova cutting loose would demolish most opponents. Case in point, SHIELD couldn't stop Sandman from wrecking New York, but Nova's Blasts where hot enough to turn him into glass.

I have no problem thinking that Superboy wins TBH. But I think those saying he stomps are slightly misinformed.

I know that Nova and SPidey as well have pulled off some good feats but because of the comedy this show puts up I cna't take it seriously. Also most of the threats they have faced have been so comical that I can't actually take them serious and as somewhat of a menace or a villain or an enemy that can't be taken down by our main characters. Also the SHIELD vs Sandman feat wasn't impressive to me because every single SHIELD agent and SHIELD itself have been one of the most comical and bad things in this show that I can't actually take them as a villain fighting organization.

Also I said that Spider-Man would give Connor a good fight but not for long and wouldn't be even close to stopping him. If it was Nova it would be a different thing but even he because of all of the jobbing he tends to put up I won't give him the win.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I think your worrying too much about the light hearted nature of the show too much. It isn't Teen Titans Go. If you want to use to Comedy to absolve the magnitude of the feats then at what level do we stop? Espicially since their best feats come when they are being serious and not joking around. There is usually no 4th wall breaking, Chibo art or silly jokes when things get relatively serious, that stuff is saved for lighter moments.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superboy, though Spider-Man can probably pull a few victories between his speed and tech.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Spiderman is more versatile.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

@laflux: No,I get that when they are trying to be serious they can be but when you are joking around all of the time when you are not fighting and most of your villains are nerfed because they have defeated then I cannot take anything seriously on the show. No matter how much they try to be serious with an episode or a fight or whatever,I just can't take SPider-Man,Nova or any of the others as serious as I have to. Also another thing, Teen Titans GO!(the first one not the new one) also tried to be funny at times and to make you laugh but they tried more than just hard to make it serious when it had to be and I actually took everything seriously.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@laflux said:

Name a single feat Superboy did on the Young Justice show which is better than all the feats I listed for Juggernaunt or Rhino- without the use of Patches. I've watched every episode of both series, and I'll answer it for you, none.

Oh Flux you do so make me laugh.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By laflux

@laflux said:

I try :)

What do you think of Agent Venom btw?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@laflux said:

@granitesoldier said:

@laflux said:

I try :)

What do you think of Agent Venom btw?

I've never actually watched Ult Spider-Man, only Young Justice. Superboy was probably my favorite character in Season 1. He was like a mini-Hulk and it entertained me so lol.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the arguments presented, I'll go with Spidey.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: No that was in Marvel Knights but regardless, Rhino or Juggernaut has nothing to do with the original question, so why would they be limited to the series presented?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By laflux

@dwightspitz said:

@laflux: No that was in Marvel Knights but regardless, Rhino or Juggernaut has nothing to do with the original question, so why would they be limited to the series presented?

We are only using the feats from the TV shows listed as stipulated in the battle. You said that Spider-Man has never faced someone on the level of Superboy. Someone countered by saying that he faced Juggernaunt and Rhino. You said that Rhino and Juggernaunt had no durability feats to contend with Superboy, and I countered by saying that both has proven themselves to be at least as strong or durable as Luke Cage, who has comparable Durability to Superboy.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: So, you believe Luke Cage could take out Superboy is that what you're trying to say?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: So, you believe Luke Cage could take out Superboy is that what you're trying to say?

Using feats from Young Justice and Ultimate Spider-Man only. I reckon the fight could go either way.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superboy has outran bullets

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman would be running circles around him with his Speed. He doesnt have to the damage output to put down Superboy however. How does Superboy do against electricity? Havent watched Young Justice since it ended. If he cannot resist electrocity then Spidey can win via electric webs. Other than that Superboy wins this for a extremely strong majority (9/10-10/10)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DeathHero61

@agent41 said:

@deathhero61 said:

@laflux: Meh. I actually believe spidey wins i just love that gif.

No Caption Provided

If he can be so easily manipulated in combat, there is no way spidey wouldn't take him on well enough.

that was a training session,in real fights Superboy doesn't hold back speed and strength.

Doesn't matter. The fact that he lacks the skill and concentration to beat someone like black canary or at least give her trouble instead of instantly getting beaten in a sparring session, shows that he won't do the same against spidey. So speed and strength right? How fast is superboy? Because the tv series version of ult. spidey is practically the same as the comic version except funnier.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@laflux: in the comic tie in to the show he did.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: That was my gif lol. And can you show me proof of this?