Battlefield is in a warehouse

Start on opposite ends.  
no BFR  
win by K.O incapacitation or death  
morals are on.  
Standard equiptment.  
Who wins and why?

#4 Posted by PirateKing69 (4201 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should win then...from what i heard of this Spiderman he is weaker then 616 and less experience

#5 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard he was stronger....?

#6 Posted by PirateKing69 (4201 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53:  i think he is younger then 616 so his powers aren't as develop as reg Spider-man...that's what iv read from other battle threads with ultimate spiderman in them
#7 Posted by JB16 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Batman in a JLA storyline where he had files showing every other heroe's weaknesses and how to beat them, and then weren't the files stolen and used by villains with great efficiency?

Yeah Batman would kick Spiderman's ass.

#8 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@jb16 said:
"Wasn't Batman in a JLA storyline where he had files showing every other heroe's weaknesses and how to beat them, and then weren't the files stolen and used by villains with great efficiency?  Yeah Batman would kick Spiderman's ass. "

Ultimate Spider Man isn't in the DCU. There would be no files on how to beat him. Also, if the files were stolen, he would no longer have them, would he? ;P
#9 Posted by ScipioAfricanus (262 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC correctly Ultimate Spiderman is inferior in every way to 616 Spidey. With 3 days prep Batman takes this.

#10 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited to no prep so that it is more fair.

#11 Posted by spystreak (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

batman needs no prep after ten minutes he has already figured out his opponent
#12 Posted by Nefarious (22877 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should win this. 

#13 Posted by AndyPhifer (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't seem like a contest to me either. Batman gets it easy. Gotta think about what "Standard Equipment" means for a dude who hands his butler a dictionary and says "Put the word BAT before each item here and build it."
#14 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@andyphifer said:
"Doesn't seem like a contest to me either. Batman gets it easy. Gotta think about what "Standard Equipment" means for a dude who hands his butler a dictionary and says "Put the word BAT before each item here and build it." "

lol
#15 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

I will assume his standard equipment are things like batarangs, smoke pellets, cuffs, lockpicks, his bullet proof vest with back brace, reinforced knuckles, and his cowl with all the gadgets?

#16 Posted by Mackeja (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@andyphifer said:
"Doesn't seem like a contest to me either. Batman gets it easy. Gotta think about what "Standard Equipment" means for a dude who hands his butler a dictionary and says "Put the word BAT before each item here and build it." "

=)
#17 Posted by Stormmagician (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should easily take this, Ultimate Spidey had trouble with a guy that controls mechanical hula hoops.

#18 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

With Batman, people really need to specify what "standard" gear he is carrying. 

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.
#20 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
"I will assume his standard equipment are things like batarangs, smoke pellets, cuffs, lockpicks, his bullet proof vest with back brace, reinforced knuckles, and his cowl with all the gadgets? "

He had Batarangs, smoke pellets, grappling line\ and cuffs. 
#21 Posted by Jorg (723 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to say he is more experienced, but i'd say Ult. Spidey is gaining alot more experience in a shorter period of time. 
His villians like Ult. Venom, goblin, carnage and even Rhino are alot more powerful than thier 616 counterparts, and ult. spidey whups them?
#22 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" @erik said:
"I will assume his standard equipment are things like batarangs, smoke pellets, cuffs, lockpicks, his bullet proof vest with back brace, reinforced knuckles, and his cowl with all the gadgets? "
He had Batarangs, smoke pellets, grappling line\ and cuffs.  "
Okay. With that as his standard gear, I do not think this is as one-sided as everyone has been saying. 
#23 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins. Ult Spider-Man couldn't even keep from getting his a$$ kicked by Ult Ronin.

#24 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man is weaker than 616 Spider-Man and has an inferior Spider-Sense

#25 Posted by LordTaronji101 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

The dark knight is the victor

#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man. 

He has faced level 6 fighters and done well against them. Not to mention he stronger, faster, more agile and has the spider-sense, even if it is at a lesser degree.

#27 Edited by spystreak (2049 posts) - - Show Bio
@andyphifer said:

hahaha good one   
#28 Posted by Black_Kn1ght (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins

#29 Posted by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#30 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

This is about the only time Batman beats Spider-Man, and this is only because Ultimate Spider-Man is weaker, less skilled, and not as smart, as regular Spider-Man.

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

This is about the only time Batman beats Spider-Man, and this is only because Ultimate Spider-Man is weaker, less skilled, and not as smart, as regular Spider-Man.

@thedckid said:

Batman wins.

LOL Both of you are so wrong.

Ultimate Spider Man is a 9 toner.

Spider Man Dodges Gatling guns and Expert Shots with ease.

Spider Man has Spidey Sense.

Spider Man has fought SUPERIOR FOES to Batman many times.

Here Spidey Durable enough to fight 100 toner Hulk.

Spider Man Super Human Attributes allows him to beat Elektra, Sabertooth, and others.

Web Spam FTW

This is what happens to Batman!

"I thought he has super powers or something." lol

I cannot believe how Popular Ultimate Spider man was yet all the ignorant posters in this thread.....

#32 Edited by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I'm allowed to have an opinion, I'm Canadian.

1-Batman has beaten people above Spiderman.

2-Spidey sense is useless if Spiderman himself can not register the threat (he won't be able to because Batman's stealth is the next best thing to invisibility)

3-Spidey sense can be manipulated an used against Spiderman.

4-Batman has more experience than Spiderman.

5-Batman is more intelligent than Spiderman.

Batman will hospitalize Spiderman:

#33 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cad: i have all of the issues of Ultimate Spider-Man. I know what he is capable of.

He is not as strong as his 616 counter part. His combat skills are also less. Yes he can do traditional web swing throws and makes things up the fly, but he doesn't have combat training like 616 Peter. He is also very short tempered and let's his emotions cloud his judgment which has caused him to get caught in stupid traps.

Ultimate Parker is still stronger and faster then batman, but batman has fought against foes much more powerful then what Parker brings to the table. 616 Peter has his incredible brilliance, his way of the spider fighting technique, as well as further developed agility, strength, and speed to counter batman. These make him much more of a threat then the ultimate Parker. Batman is a very skilled fighter and would be easily able to goad Parker into losing his emotions and leaving himself open.

I'm a Spider-Man fan and I don't like batman much, but Im not foolish enough to believe that ultimate Spider-Man has the skill necessary to take out batman.

#34 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

No Prep...Batman loses.

And the "Batman has beaten stronger people than Ultimate Spider-Man before" argument is worthless. Guess what? Ultimate Spider-Man has beaten stronger people than Batman before.

#35 Edited by jashro44 (25284 posts) - - Show Bio

@metalsonic said:

@Cad: i have all of the issues of Ultimate Spider-Man. I know what he is capable of.

He is not as strong as his 616 counter part. His combat skills are also less. Yes he can do traditional web swing throws and makes things up the fly, but he doesn't have combat training like 616 Peter. He is also very short tempered and let's his emotions cloud his judgment which has caused him to get caught in stupid traps.

Ultimate Parker is still stronger and faster then batman, but batman has fought against foes much more powerful then what Parker brings to the table. 616 Peter has his incredible brilliance, his way of the spider fighting technique, as well as further developed agility, strength, and speed to counter batman. These make him much more of a threat then the ultimate Parker. Batman is a very skilled fighter and would be easily able to goad Parker into losing his emotions and leaving himself open.

I'm a Spider-Man fan and I don't like batman much, but Im not foolish enough to believe that ultimate Spider-Man has the skill necessary to take out batman.

Him being inferior to 616 spider-man isn't relevant. 616 spider-man would stomp batman horribly. Batman has fought people physically better then him yes but he has also lost to people who are better then him (new 52 bane recently stomped him, he lost to deathstroke due to stats, he lost to jean paul valley before, he was stomped by bat bane, etc). Point being it works both ways, you can say batman beat people physically better then batman but I can say batman was stomped by people physically less then ultimate spider-man. Its a 2 way streak.

@thedckid:

I'm allowed to have an opinion, I'm Canadian.

2-Spidey sense is useless if Spiderman himself can not register the threat (he won't be able to because Batman's stealth is the next best thing to invisibility)

With all due respect you are allowed to have an opinion however people can critique your opinion. This is an open forum and this is the debate section of the forum as well. Once you post your opinion people can give you feedback. I am also Canadian.

1. Anyone specific? Because I named people who don't have the same physicals as ultimate spider-man who batman has lost to above.
  2. I just noticed the scans with gatling gun where ultimate spider-man is dodging bullets with his back turnned. This implies spider-sense tells him where the threat is coming from in the ultimate universe. So stealth is useless.
  3. How so? Examples please.
  4. Experience doesn't mean much. Ultimate Peter is commentate enough with his powers.
  5. Intelligence wont help to compensate for someone with the physical edge ultimate spider-man has.

Seriously one punch can probably KO batman. His cowl gives him great durability and ultimate spider-man holds back but even then his physicals are massive compared to batman. He will connect with his speed and agility.

#36 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean that ult Peter being inferior is irrelevant? The areas he's inferior in is what allows the 616 Peter the ability to actually beat batman.

And no, ult peters spiders sense does not tell him the direction of the attack like 616 Spider-Man. He can guess the general area but that's it. He also can be fooled if its an automated trap or a trip wire, as the intent is not there and he won't be alerted till its a little too late.

#37 Posted by dondave (38884 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man

#38 Posted by jashro44 (25284 posts) - - Show Bio

@metalsonic:

What do you mean that ult Peter being inferior is irrelevant? The areas he's inferior in is what allows the 616 Peter the ability to actually beat batman.

He is still suepioer to batman in those categories so thats why it isn't relevant. You don't need to be as fast, strong, agile, as 616 spider-man to beat batman. His stats are enough.

And no, ult peters spiders sense does not tell him the direction of the attack like 616 Spider-Man. He can guess the general area but that's it.

No.

Spider-sense tells him the helicopter is behind him and he dodges the bullets without looking at the direction of the gun. Only explanation is spider-sense is guiding him.
He is staring at the direction of the gun in the first after image of the second panel however the second after image and all the ones after that have there backs turned.

This is really all the evidence needed to confirm spider-sense tells him where the threat is coming from. From what I am seeing spider-sense guides his dodging. If you have examples which contradict please provide a issue reference or scan.

He also can be fooled if its an automated trap or a trip wire, as the intent is not there and he won't be alerted till its a little too late.

How are traps and trip wires relevant? Batman does not have prep here. Its a random encounter and standard battle forum rules say they begin visible. There is almost no chance batman can set a trap before ultimate spider-man is on top of him.

#39 Edited by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: People who were defeated by Batman-Prometheus and Superman (call it PIS all you want it still happened)

as for people manipulating the spider sense, well I don't actually have the scans (or comic book) I was reffering to. I will look through the internet though and see what I come up with. To be fair though, one of the reasons the spidey sense was manipulated was because Spiderman was explaining how his powers worked to the villains (I haven't seen him do that for a long time)

Another thing: Batman could just throw down a few concussion grenades and temporarily blind and defen Spidey. I am not sure if Spidersense can help him if his ears are ringing his vision is a complete blur and his head is pounding from the "bang" of the grenade.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (25284 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedckid:

People who were defeated by Batman-Prometheus and Superman (call it PIS all you want it still happened)

He beat prometheus with prep time IIRC. He has never beaten superman to my knowledge and if he did he used a weakness of his anyways so it wouldn't apply to a fight with this fight.

as for people manipulating the spider sense, well I don't actually have the scans (or comic book) I was reffering to. I will look through the internet though and see what I come up with. To be fair though, one of the reasons the spidey sense was manipulated was because Spiderman was explaining how his powers worked to the villains (I haven't seen him do that for a long time)

So the villain used prep time? Anyways batman isn't even going to know about spider-sense let alone if it can be manipulated or how. And that's assuming it can be manipulated to.

Another thing: Batman could just throw down a few concussion grenades and temporarily blind and defen Spidey. I am not sure if Spidersense can help him if his ears are ringing his vision is a complete blur and his head is pounding from the "bang" of the grenade.

Based off the fact he seems to dodge bullets with his back turned to the gun it seems spider-sense does give him a bit of guidance. So I doubt this would work.

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22960 posts) - - Show Bio

USM

#42 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man wins. Batman is just way outclassed. He is peak human( I think actually a little less, but for the sake of argument...) and ANY Spidey is way above that, plus the spider-sense gives him an additional edge that an un-prepped Batman will have no counter for or equivalent to. Ult. Spidey wins AT LEAST 8/10.

#43 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: aren't we talking about the black spiderman?

#44 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: aren't we talking about the black spiderman?

Based on when the thread was created and the pic used in the OP...im gonna go ahead and say it's ultimate Pete

#45 Edited by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Just out of curiosity does the black spiderman have any feats on par with Pre-Death pete yet?

#46 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#47 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Just out of curiosity does the black spiderman have any feats on par with Pre-Death pete yet?

I dunno...i don't know much about Miles.

#48 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

lol no love for the new kid D:

#49 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@omegablast452 said:

lol no love for the new kid D:

It's nothing against him...TBH i stopped reading USM pretty much right after Mark Bagley left the title.

#50 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedckid said:

@cadencev2: I'm allowed to have an opinion, I'm Canadian.

1. Spider-Man has beaten people above Batman....in fact...most everyone Spider-Man beats is above Batman. The whole "X has beaten people above Y" argument is so entirely worthless because it's always true the other way around as well

2. Spider-Sense detects any attack made against Peter...invisible or not.

3. Spider-Sense cannot be manipulated by Someone that doesn't even know about it's existence

4. Spider-Man still has vastly superior stats

5. Intelligence is a factor in prep battles. Less so in Random Encounters.

Spider-Man will hospitalize Batman