#1 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Which counterpart is better? AoA Jean or Ultimate Jean?

First Round: with their standard power set(no phoenix)

Second Round: with Phoenix Force

Third Round: No mutant powers/H2H combats

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@spekqj: Hmmm its hard to judge Standard Power set for Ultimate Jean as she always had ACCESS to the Phoenix Force.

Unlike very other Jean Ultimate Jean was born with the force. So she has no standard showings except the first few issues.

Anyway I say she wins both rounds.

Standard Jean Power set.

She still bypass Kurt Psy Defenses in minuets. Something all of SHIELDS Telepaths couldn't do in days.
TP across a world distance.
One Shots a Sentinel with ease.

So all in all Standard has more powerful Showings than even 616 Jean in her youth.

#3 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: What about Jean as Karen Grant? She lost her PF during or before the Ultimatum arc.

#4 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@spekqj said:

@CadenceV2: What about Jean as Karen Grant? She lost her PF during or before the Ultimatum arc.

I never read anything past Ultimantum. I was waiting till such time the Universe Redeems itself... it still has a wat to go. Pete is dead and a Minority spider Man is spider Man for the sake of targeting Minority readers. Wolverine is dead.... F**k that. Magneto is dead.... F**k that again. Grren Goblin is dead... sigh... the F**kin list is endless.

I like Ultimate F4 as well. canceled. The only good thing from that is Ultimate Reed Richards is evil.

Then Zarda (Hyperion level Power Princess) got switch back over to the Squadron Supreme Titles that were canceled. F**k it all.

At the Moment I don't Acknowledge post Ultimatum at all.

#5 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Wolverine is dead.... F**k that. Magneto is dead.... F**k that again. Grren Goblin is dead.

Totally agree with this one. Killing Magneto and Wolverine were huge mistake on Marvel. Although I do understand why they did it, it wasn't really necessary. Especially when Marvel just created a duplicated character of Wolverine.

#6 Posted by Madame_Blossom (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Jean. She from what I read is more powerful even without the Phoenix Force backing her up. Jean from the AoA as shown in Uncanny X-force seemed rather downplayed...

Biggest feat with Jean's Phoenix Force from the Ultimate Verse was her control on time, while I have yet to see what AoA Phoenix could do... besides stopping missiles. Reversing time>stopping missiles.

#7 Posted by dondave (36685 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Jean