Ultimate Jean Grey vs. Rachel Grey

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nightcrawler23

I think they're evenly matched. No phoenix. Jean is as she was in the Return of the King arc. That's the most normal I can remember her.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By utotheg38

jean still

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

@utotheg38 said:

jean still

Why? State reasons. There's no debate to be had when all you're throwing down is somebody's name without quantifying you're reasoning even if it's something as arbitrary as 'because I felt like it'.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daak1212

@The Dark Huntress said:

@utotheg38 said:

jean still

Why? State reasons. There's no debate to be had when all you're throwing down is somebody's name without quantifying you're reasoning even if it's something as arbitrary as 'because I felt like it'.

Who do you think would win? I literally have no clue on the either.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@daak1212 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@utotheg38 said:

jean still

Who do you think would win? I literally have no clue on the either.

same

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By utotheg38

@The Dark Huntress said:

@utotheg38 said:

jean still

.............Because I felt like It. XD

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nightcrawler23

lol^

mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mextli

I have never really followed ultimate x-men, how does ultimate jean compare to her 616 counterpart?

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By torzone

Jean

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Titan3510

@mextli said:

I have never really followed ultimate x-men, how does ultimate jean compare to her 616 counterpart?

Ultimate Jean is significantly less experienced than the real one. And she's younger....

Ultimate Jean is a very, very powerful telekinetic (not as good as 616 Jean) but 616 Jean would absolutely clown Ultimate Jean when it comes to telepathy. Not to say that Ultimate Jean's not a powerful telepath because she is....but 616 Psylocke would eat her for breakfast...

I honestly don't know between Ultimate Jean and Rachel: they're pretty much dead even...

Rachel's the better telepath...but not by too much. Professor X taught her pretty much everything he knew but still...you can also teach someone so much....ultimate Professor X probably didn't teach Jean everything he knew...

It really depends on the circumstances. Why are they fighting? And where are they?

mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mextli

@Titan3510: If 616 psylocke would eat ultimate jean for breakfast then I am tempted to say Rachael can win via telepathy cause i would put her a notch above 616 psylocke.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Titan3510

@mextli said:

@Titan3510: If 616 psylocke would eat ultimate jean for breakfast then I am tempted to say Rachael can win via telepathy cause i would put her a notch above 616 psylocke.

There you have it folks.

Rachel wins.

Then again, I haven't followed the X-Men in a while so I'm not all too familiar with the extent of Psylocke's telepathy as of now...her powers change WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too much.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koays  Online

Lol Rachel stomps. Rachel>616 Teen Jean>Ult. Jean. Bendis told me so it must be true.

Lol seriously without using Bendis force scaling, Rachel is still easily above her in TP and without the Phoenix they are comparable telekinetics but Rachel's higher end feats just stomp all over her Jean without phoenix. I can make a case for Jean controlling a fight by being more aggressive at first....but aggressively attacking and lashing out is Rachel's M.O. and Ult. Jean doesnt have the feats to deal with Rachel's offense alongside the vast TP gap.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ultimate Jean feats?

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Koays: I one Agree with Rachel having telepathy feats. She hasn't done anything that ultimate Jean hasn't replicated, but I do believe that Rachel has more experience against other high level Telepaths

Ultimate Jean is more aggressive, while Rachel has more feats of taking on Telepaths and should be more skilled

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheInsufferable

@koays: Well, in all fairness, as much as I hate Bendis, the guy started the Ultimate verse, and had a 12 issue run on Ultimate X-Men (the arc exactly after the one OP mentioned), so his word on Ult Jean is not 100% baseless, it's only 99% baseless.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lol Rachel stomps. Rachel>616 Teen Jean>Ult. Jean. Bendis told me so it must be true.

Lol seriously without using Bendis force scaling, Rachel is still easily above her in TP and without the Phoenix they are comparable telekinetics but Rachel's higher end feats just stomp all over her Jean without phoenix. I can make a case for Jean controlling a fight by being more aggressive at first....but aggressively attacking and lashing out is Rachel's M.O. and Ult. Jean doesnt have the feats to deal with Rachel's offense alongside the vast TP gap.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jean via skill

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koays  Online

@theinsufferable: Lol idk, the OP says the most normal she was was in the arc before Bendis showed up....which sounds about right to me.

@del_toro The combat showings and feats are what make Rachel solidly above her. Performance against other high end psychics is what separates Psylocke (a proven powerful psychic), from Emma, Rachel, Xavier and 616 Jean. Ultimate Jean's TP feats are mostly range and mind control feats something which are casual for the 616 psychics. Her best feats involving other telepaths are drastically beat out by 616 feat scaling and by raw power her best stuff is comparable to Emma's casual power feats.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koays  Online

Any takers on this nowadays?

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheInsufferable

@koays: What do you wanna do? Prove it's Rachel>>>>Ult Jean rather than Rachel>>Ult Jean?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Koays  Online

@theinsufferable: Lol I'm just really happy she didn't get written out in the last arc....

Plus Phoenix Ult Jean has the feats to even take on Phoenix Rachel.....depending on how Rachel wants to play it