#1 Posted by wkar (190 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

who would win ?

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Rulk. I believe the Ultimate Hulk isn't that strong as the 616 Hulk, am I right here? So, if Rulk can deal with some success the green version of 616 Hulk, he won't have an issue with the ultimate version. That's my opinion.

#3 Edited by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk god stomp

How about Rick jones vs ultimate hulk

#4 Posted by BarelyAverage (936 posts) - - Show Bio

While Ultimate Hulk isn't as strong he has shown some pretty good durability. Like surviving that bomb while strapped to a ship. Plus Rulk only gave trouble to Hulk because of some strong PIS through out the rest of the series...

#5 Posted by Ulviar (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk will win without any serious problems. Ultimate Hulk is nowhere as strong or durable as him.

#6 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@BarelyAverage said:

While Ultimate Hulk isn't as strong he has shown some pretty good durability. Like surviving that bomb while strapped to a ship. Plus Rulk only gave trouble to Hulk because of some strong PIS through out the rest of the series..................But rulk stomps.

Finished you're statement, No need to thank me.

#7 Posted by Killemall (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ulviar said:

Red Hulk will win without any serious problems. Ultimate Hulk is nowhere as strong or durable as him.

#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Red Hulk.
#9 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk curbstomps.

#10 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk busts Ultimate Hulk's butt.

#11 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk kicks his @ss

#12 Posted by deathlife (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk stomps. Hard.

#13 Posted by alexandrinus (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk.

#14 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk absorbs his energy yay supa rulk

#15 Posted by RisingBean (2861 posts) - - Show Bio

Why anybody pits the UItimate U against the 616 is beyond me. Outside of two or three cases where the Ultimate character is possibly on a somewhat equal footing with the 616 version, the 616 have them way overpowered.

#16 Posted by Fetts (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

RULK ftw

#17 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@RisingBean said:

Why anybody pits the UItimate U against the 616 is beyond me. Outside of two or three cases where the Ultimate character is possibly on a somewhat equal footing with the 616 version, the 616 have them way overpowered.

Not really seeing as how Ult. Cap is stronger than his 616 Counterpart. But I won't get deep into that because I am going way off topic

#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk pounds Ulti-Hulk into finely grained gamma dust. And he can do this even without the Loebforce...

#19 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

rulk

#20 Posted by RisingBean (2861 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII: Not to derail too much, but Cap is stronger. Namor and Colossus seem like they could give a good match to their other universe selves. Beyond that though, most get rocked by the 616. Juggernaut, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor. The list goes on an on.

Like I said before there were a few exceptions, but the 616 is way more powered.

#21 Posted by Killemall (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

Rulk god stomp

How about Rick jones vs ultimate hulk

#22 Posted by blackadam2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

i was going to make this battle, but seeing how it is already done i`m going to bump it. the ult. hulk has the ability to adapt to any situation, his body can adapt to the hostile enviroment of other planets.however, i don't think he is as strong nor as durable as the red hulk; even do he has survive a nuke at point blank, his feats are limited and there is nothing he has done that the red hulk can`t do.

#23 Posted by laflux (11055 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathlife: lol

#24 Posted by Blob (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Well considering Ultimate Hulk is weaker then Earth-616 Hulk and Rulk gives 616 Hulk a good fight Rulk would win this.

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk

#26 Posted by wkar (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSpiritStalker said:

Rulk absorbs his energy yay supa rulk

But the Ultimate version of the Hulk had been done with gamma rays or with a failed attempt of the super soldier serum ?

Because I'm not sure that his body contains gamma rays.

#27 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk scares him back to Bruce Banner

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk is far stronger, better skilled (military experience and training) and better durability.

#29 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Hulk.

#30 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: Interesting choice. Curious to know what's your reasoning.

#31 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Better feats, in my opinion. Ultimate Hulk was taking down a plethora of demons (much to Spidey's surprise), and Fury pretty much treats him as the end all, be all of contingencies: send in Banner if the problem has gotten out of control. Rulk hasn't impressed me lately (getting his ass handed to him by Angrir in particular comes to mind), and Ultimate Hulk has better feats of all around strength and durability (throwing giant robots, adapting to Ult. Abominations superior stats and literally tearing him to pieces, taking a blitz and beatdown from Thor and then getting back up and returning the pain to Thor, etc.)
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Better feats, in my opinion. Ultimate Hulk was taking down a plethora of demons (much to Spidey's surprise), and Fury pretty much treats him as the end all, be all of contingencies: send in Banner if the problem has gotten out of control. Rulk hasn't impressed me lately (getting his ass handed to him by Angrir in particular comes to mind), and Ultimate Hulk has better feats of all around strength and durability (throwing giant robots, adapting to Ult. Abominations superior stats and literally tearing him to pieces, taking a blitz and beatdown from Thor and then getting back up and returning the pain to Thor, etc.)

He is indeed impressive, but in my opinion, most of the Ultimate universe is significantly weaker than 616 for the most part, especially in the top-tier characters. Rulk has some pretty inconsistant writing but I find him far more impressive than Ultimate Hulk. Standing up to OF Thor but eventually getting beat down (although defeating Thor the first time was PIS), taking out Hulk in their first few encounters, murdered Blonsky, easily dispatched variations of Wendigo, and his military experience and training as Ross gives him a massive advantage over most bricks these days.

#33 Posted by Billy Batson (56919 posts) - - Show Bio

ulk.
BB

#34 Posted by Harddrivexxii (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

He is indeed impressive, but in my opinion, most of the Ultimate universe is significantly weaker than 616 for the most part, especially in the top-tier characters. Rulk has some pretty inconsistant writing but I find him far more impressive than Ultimate Hulk. Standing up to OF Thor but eventually getting beat down (although defeating Thor the first time was PIS), taking out Hulk in their first few encounters, murdered Blonsky, easily dispatched variations of Wendigo, and his military experience and training as Ross gives him a massive advantage over most bricks these days.

Rulk is suffering what all new major characters suffer after the initial hype starts dying down - surgical PIS removal ...

#35 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Not necessarily weaker, just varying degrees of power levels/skills. Ultimate IM prefers using thought-scramblers and sitting in a limo when operating his Iron Man suit (which is ingenuity far beyond anything 616 Tony has yet to showcase), Ult. Thor isn't a psychotic, arrogant buffoon when it comes to combat and has shown to be capable of using a wide variety of enchanted weapons with maximum efficiency, as well as being a more competent H2H fighter, and it goes on from there.  

Ultimate Hulk seems to be capable of adapting to situations quicker and never holds back in a confrontation, whereas 616 Hulk normally has breaks in his anger that allow the Banner persona to slip through and cause problems. Hell, Ult. Hulk eats children when he gets pissed enough.  

I'll have to go back and do some looking at the rest of Ult. Hulks feats, but I've seen him tank a nuclear explosion without much difficulty and fight the god-like mutants in Indonesia during the Hawkeye series.
#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Rulk busts Ultimate Hulk's butt.
#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: I personally just see Ultimate Hulk as more relentless and that's where more of his feats emerge from. He isn't afraid to go the extra distance to defeat his opponents and as you mentioned when he ripped apart Ult. Abomination and ate him alive. Dude's flat-out brutal.

#38 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus: I personally just see Ultimate Hulk as more relentless and that's where more of his feats emerge from. He isn't afraid to go the extra distance to defeat his opponents and as you mentioned when he ripped apart Ult. Abomination and ate him alive. Dude's flat-out brutal.

That's pretty much the gist of Ult. Hulk. I'm not saying this fight wouldn't be close, and in fact, I'm willing to state that Rulk might win a few rounds, and neither individual is coming out unscathed (I'm talking possible permanent damage).
#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

That's pretty much the gist of Ult. Hulk. I'm not saying this fight wouldn't be close, and in fact, I'm willing to state that Rulk might win a few rounds, and neither individual is coming out unscathed (I'm talking possible permanent damage).

Undoubtably, the Ult.Hulk is known for fighting dirty so Rulk might be caught off guard, but it depends on whether or not Rulk will drain Ult.Hulk's power/gamma radiation. Rulk would begin with the strength advantage and he uses his skills appropriately, he stands a better chance.

#40 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk owns badly.

#41 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Undoubtably, the Ult.Hulk is known for fighting dirty so Rulk might be caught off guard, but it depends on whether or not Rulk will drain Ult.Hulk's power/gamma radiation. Rulk would begin with the strength advantage and he uses his skills appropriately, he stands a better chance.

The draining ability that Ross possesses is a double-edged sword though. He has always been apprehensive about using it because he has no idea if he could absorb a form of energy and then never find a way to release it, thus causing an innumerable number of potential problems. This is part of the reason why Ross lost to Angrir-because he was unsure of how the Serpent's mystical energies would affect him. Could it have made him the new Angrir? Could it have irreparably killed Grimm?  

It's not really in character for Ross to use this ability in a combat situation, especially seeing as he has fought the 616 Hulk numerous times and I've never seen him successfully drain Banner.  

Also, Ult. Hulk's power are in part derived from the super-solider serum, as someone already pointed out.
#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: He did successfully drain Hulk from Banner in one of their first meetings and I recall correctly, to Surfer himself. Ah yes, I completely forgot about his power being drawn from a modified Super Soldier serum.

#43 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus: He did successfully drain Hulk from Banner in one of their first meetings and I recall correctly, to Surfer himself. Ah yes, I completely forgot about his power being drawn from a modified Super Soldier serum.

Really? I don't remember that. Did Ross ever find a way to do away with the gamma radiation he absorbed? 

That was an alternate universe's Silver Surfer, who was obviously not as skilled or even intelligent as the Norrin Radd we've all come to know and love.
#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Really? I don't remember that. Did Ross ever find a way to do away with the gamma radiation he absorbed? That was an alternate universe's Silver Surfer, who was obviously not as skilled or even intelligent as the Norrin Radd we've all come to know and love.

Can't remember if he utilized the gamma radiation he absorbed but he was the sole reason that Banner was unable to transform into Hulk.

#45 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Really? I don't remember that. Did Ross ever find a way to do away with the gamma radiation he absorbed? That was an alternate universe's Silver Surfer, who was obviously not as skilled or even intelligent as the Norrin Radd we've all come to know and love.

Can't remember if he utilized the gamma radiation he absorbed but he was the sole reason that Banner was unable to transform into Hulk.

So he sucked it out of Banner when he wasn't even fighting?
#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

So he sucked it out of Banner when he wasn't even fighting?

No, Banner already engaged him as the Hulk.