Ultimate Green Goblin VS Wolverine

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08: Said:

Jeez, maybe it's just that Wolverine's is now at a level where Sabretooth isn't a challenge for him? Do you consider those type of things before you make silly assertions like it's due to "bad writing"?

I prefer looking at consistency. It may not be bad writing, but it may be.The fact Sabertooth was a huge challenge for Wolverine, then all of a sudden Wolverine beats him without getting injured, there is a level of inconsistency with in that writing. But regardless, Sabertooth has nearly the same durability and maybe a little less of a healing factor, but nearly equal. How do you suppose Wolverine wins? He doesn't have 100+ tons like you say it takes to knock wolverine out. How would he beat his near equal in terms of durability and healing factor? How would Spiderman be able to knock out Wolverine in a single head smash if his durability and healing factor were still in effect? You say that is bad writing? If you do, I can simply say the same quote you told me "Do you consider those type of things before you make silly assertions like it's due to "bad writing"?

........................................................ You're starting to sound ridiculous. It's been clearly explained that most of Sabretooth's over Wolverine were on a Wolverine who was less skilled and less experienced and he has now gotten past those things to make Sabretooth look like a joke. Since you're so obsessed with consistency, Wolverine has more occasions where he has shrugged off or gone unfazed by Spider-Man's hit than he's been knocked out by the.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme:

Way to be disrespectful instead of providing an argument, quite ironic.

Why show respect for comments and arguments I have absolutely no respect for? I respect comments that are factual and bespeak firsthand knowledge on what one is spewing forth. I was honest, succinct, and to the point. You find it "disrespectful" only because the truth is, at times, unflattering. Certain of your points with regards Wolverine are unfounded in fact ... why pretend they are? It's not disrespectful to tell someone you don't like what they're selling ... especially when it's inaccurate information.

I've been wrong plenty. Folks point it out, I say "oh crap, I stand corrected" and move on.

And I've provided arguments, replete with showings, time and again with you. You disregard 99% of what is told you when the argument is too steep to tackle and unravels your own quite readily. You stick with circular logic, and unsupportable arguments (not all, but many) ... repeating the same gunk ad nausea. So, really, why repeat myself? It's enough, at this point with you, simply to point out the fallacy in certain of your comments and leave well enough alone to be blunt.

Or you are so embedded in your decision that you fail to understand my argument and it's complexity. Many people like yourself misunderstand the point I am trying to argue, so I will give you more time to overlook my debating points. Saying that I am using circular logic by saying GG wins due to his stats mixed with his powers then okay. But if all you can provide for Wolverine is his most high end feats while ignoring any other feats that say otherwise, then why even try debating you? You simply say I am wrong by saying I am lowballing Wolverine when your doing the exact contrast, your putting him up on a pedstal, and you ignore anything short of his highest feats.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

Jeez, maybe it's just that Wolverine's is now at a level where Sabretooth isn't a challenge for him? Do you consider those type of things before you make silly assertions like it's due to "bad writing"?

I prefer looking at consistency. It may not be bad writing, but it may be.The fact Sabertooth was a huge challenge for Wolverine, then all of a sudden Wolverine beats him without getting injured, there is a level of inconsistency with in that writing. But regardless, Sabertooth has nearly the same durability and maybe a little less of a healing factor, but nearly equal. How do you suppose Wolverine wins? He doesn't have 100+ tons like you say it takes to knock wolverine out. How would he beat his near equal in terms of durability and healing factor? How would Spiderman be able to knock out Wolverine in a single head smash if his durability and healing factor were still in effect? You say that is bad writing? If you do, I can simply say the same quote you told me "Do you consider those type of things before you make silly assertions like it's due to "bad writing"?

........................................................ You're starting to sound ridiculous. It's been clearly explained that most of Sabretooth's over Wolverine were on a Wolverine who was less skilled and less experienced and he has now gotten past those things to make Sabretooth look like a joke. Since you're so obsessed with consistency, Wolverine has more occasions where he has shrugged off or gone unfazed by Spider-Man's hit than he's been knocked out by the.

True, I do look at consistency, and I do think it takes A LOT more hits from Spiderman to do any real damage. But someone stronger than Spiderman and having control of Fire easily has enough to KO Wolverine, to say otherwise sounds absurd.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

True, I do look at consistency, and I do think it takes A LOT more hits from Spiderman to do any real damage. But someone stronger than Spiderman and having control of Fire easily has enough to KO Wolverine, to say otherwise sounds absurd.

Goblin isn't going to be able to get that many hits on Wolverine due to Logan's superior speed, and Wolverine has consistently soaked up things just as hot and even hotter than Goblin's fire. The fire won't be much of an advantage.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

@cable_extreme:

Why show respect for comments and arguments I have absolutely no respect for? I respect comments that are factual and bespeak firsthand knowledge on what one is spewing forth. I was honest, succinct, and to the point. You find it "disrespectful" only because the truth is, at times, unflattering. Certain of your points with regards Wolverine are unfounded in fact ... why pretend they are? It's not disrespectful to tell someone you don't like what they're selling ... especially when it's inaccurate information.

I've been wrong plenty. Folks point it out, I say "oh crap, I stand corrected" and move on.

And I've provided arguments, replete with showings, time and again with you. You disregard 99% of what is told you when the argument is too steep to tackle and unravels your own quite readily. You stick with circular logic, and unsupportable arguments (not all, but many) ... repeating the same gunk ad nausea. So, really, why repeat myself? It's enough, at this point with you, simply to point out the fallacy in certain of your comments and leave well enough alone to be blunt.

Or you are so embedded in your decision that you fail to understand my argument and it's complexity. Many people like yourself misunderstand the point I am trying to argue, so I will give you more time to overlook my debating points. Saying that I am using circular logic by saying GG wins due to his stats mixed with his powers then okay. But if all you can provide for Wolverine is his most high end feats while ignoring any other feats that say otherwise, then why even try debating you? You simply say I am wrong by saying I am lowballing Wolverine when your doing the exact contrast, your putting him up on a pedstal, and you ignore anything short of his highest feats.

Lol. See, all that right there, is you arguing with yourself. You create an argument, the version you can best contend with (while ignoring the real issues on the table) then essentially argue against yourself. Debating against that is an exercise in futility.

@esquire really did say it best in his retorts to your comments. Beautifully put really. He burned your approach to the ground. Without reproach. Go back, address what he has to say, then start from there and you might begin to actually engage in a real debate herein.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Goblin isn't going to be able to get that many hits on Wolverine due to Logan's superior speed, and Wolverine has consistently soaked up things just as hot and even hotter than Goblin's fire. The fire won't be much of an advantage.

You have not shown Logan's superior speed.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the point I was showing is he uses his Range when it benefits him. Most opponents he fought he can brawl into submission with ease. However even then he used his Fire Blasting for advantage.

Again your asking for feats from a character in only 5 Comic Arcs and brawls with Spider Man 60% of the time. Same Spider Man who has way faster speed and spider sense than Wolverine. Makes no sense for Goblin to use range then.

Against Helicopters or Tanks.... HE BLASTS THEM! I am going by the feats we have and it is in character for Norman to use that super brain of his in combat when the situations demands range or Close Combat.

Wolverine stabs Norman, Norman will not treat him like Hob Goblin, Spidey, or Doc Ock who he can easily beat into Submission. He will fight at range like he does against Copters, Hulk Buster SHIELD, or Tanks!

Goblin uses range when he can't hit stuff in general. He doesn't fly. He shoots air support. He doesn't really shoot at people much. He isn't going to see some 5' 3" dude and think he can't win. By the time he realizes it he is looking at his torso and realizing his head is no longer attached.

I don't want feats. We have established that Goblin bleeds well and can be pierced by things that are not Adamantium. We know Wolverine can tank more and that short of a fluke or two, Logan should take a majority of the ten.

And again, assuming he does pull that jump away and spam, what is to stop Logan from ghosting, tracking him via scent and then killing him when he is powered down later?

If you don't like that question, then don't take Goblin out of character, because we can play 'what if' all day.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Kaine (who is physically superior to Spider-Man), has Praised Logan on his combat speed, Peter questioned his speed compared to Logan in their Graveyard fight. Wolverine tagged Speed Demon whereas Peter had difficulty doing so even with his Spider Sense. Logan was also able to sucker punch Spider-Man so fast his Spider-Sense didn't have time to register the threat (and ended up with Peter KOed, in the Dark Reign ASM issues, Peter, during his battle with Daken was astonished by his speed and somewhat of hard time keeping up, and compared it to that of Wolverine's speed. Those feats, and dodging the superhumanly fast X-23 while holding back, dodging bullets in a weakened state, dodging missiles, etc are all better than anything Goblin has ever shown. Besides, Goblin became largely ineffective when he fought Ultimate Captain America (someone with great combat speed). Wolverine is superior to Goblin combat speed wise.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@cable_extreme:

Lol. See, all that right there, is you arguing with yourself. You create an argument, the version you can best contend with (while ignoring the real issues on the table) then essentially argue against yourself. Debating against that is an exercise in futility.

@esquire really did say it best in his retorts to your comments. Beautifully put really. He burned your approach to the ground. Without reproach. Go back, address what he has to say, then start from there and you might begin to actually engage in a real debate herein.

Did you completely ignore what I typed, it seems you would rather dodge everything. I am not arguing with myself, I have not contradicted myself. The real issue is that you are putting Wolverine on a pedestal and ignoring anything short of his best feats. That is not arguing with myself, and you falsely identified my argumentative method. I have gone back and forth with Esquire, as well with a lot of people, as far as I know, I have replied to everything, if I have not, link it to me and i will.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin uses range when he can't hit stuff in general. He doesn't fly. He shoots air support. He doesn't really shoot at people much. He isn't going to see some 5' 3" dude and think he can't win. By the time he realizes it he is looking at his torso and realizing his head is no longer attached.

I don't want feats. We have established that Goblin bleeds well and can be pierced by things that are not Adamantium. We know Wolverine can tank more and that short of a fluke or two, Logan should take a majority of the ten.

And again, assuming he does pull that jump away and spam, what is to stop Logan from ghosting, tracking him via scent and then killing him when he is powered down later?

If you don't like that question, then don't take Goblin out of character, because we can play 'what if' all day.

Im sorry, but when has Norman Osborn become a retard again? The same guy who out smarts the Super Villain teams as head honcho, lead strikes on SHIELD, and taken down all that has been thrown at him? He never really lost a fight except to Spider Man once in death of SM and Iron Man with prep. All the other times he simply depowered down and became KOed.

Yeah as Goblin he will just go retard against Wolverine... out of character :/ but he it suits your argument lol.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

How has Osborn shown speed even comparable to Logan?

Oh I do not know...

Strength and Speed

We know GG is insane Strong.

Scan 1-2: GG sees Harry on TV calling him out. Rages out and KOs Spider Man in one blow!

Scan 3: Easily catches and holds the Spider Man Strong Tentacles of Doc Ock.

Scan 4-5: Smashes through Doc Ock's Tentacles that easily overpower Peter.

Scan 6-8: Beats Hob Goblin to Death with a few blows!

Scan 9: Overpowers Peter with ease.

Scan 10: Craters the earth with a haymaker.

This applies to leaping as well.

Scan 1-3: Insane fast leap feats to get around the area and catch Spidey in the air.

Scan 4-5: Jumps from the Ocean Floor to the Copters in the air!

Scan 6-7: Jumps onto a airborne SHIELD Helicarrier above a city!

The highlighted ones are some. I mean, he does regularly tags Ultimate Peter. I highly doubt Wolverine is faster than Ultimate Peter.

GG may not be faster overall than Wolverine, but he does not need to be when he gets a hold of him or uses his Building Busting blasts. Or simply sets his body on fire making CC a literal hell.

I do not know who is Low Balling harder now. Wolverine Fans or GG fans.....

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

By killing Ultimate Spiderman. I want him to show Wolverine is capable of speed like that as well. GG has taken Ultimate Spiderman out of the air while he was traveling a hundred miles an hour give or take, with his spidey senses on. That is an incredible show of speed. All Wolverine08 has shown is Wolverine missing all of his shots on Peter. tagging a speedster that he predicted the location of while missing the majority there (which doesn't mean he is faster than the speedster). And a couple scans that show average level bullet timer speed feats.

@cable_extreme: Kaine (who is physically superior to Spider-Man), has Praised Logan on his combat speed, Peter questioned his speed compared to Logan in their Graveyard fight. Wolverine tagged Speed Demon whereas Peter had difficulty doing so even with his Spider Sense. Logan was also able to sucker punch Spider-Man so fast his Spider-Sense didn't have time to register the threat (and ended up with Peter KOed, in the Dark Reign ASM issues, Peter, during his battle with Daken was astonished by his speed and somewhat of hard time keeping up, and compared it to that of Wolverine's speed. Those feats, and dodging the superhumanly fast X-23 while holding back, dodging bullets in a weakened state, dodging missiles, etc are all better than anything Goblin has ever shown. Besides, Goblin became largely ineffective when he fought Ultimate Captain America (someone with great combat speed). Wolverine is superior to Goblin combat speed wise.

As for Wolverine Ko'ing Peter, that is not a consistent feat, or I could just use the one shot Ko of Wolverine. Being surprised by speed does not mean that he is faster than Spiderman, nor is X-23 as fast as Spiderman. Nearly every street level fighter can dodge bullets with ease. Batman even has speed feats that are comparable with Wolverine. And your holding onto the Ultimate Captain America fight which is a low showing for GG. I could say Wolverine was highly ineffective vs Daredevil. You are idolizing Wolverine's best feats while using the lowest of GG.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

By killing Ultimate Spiderman. I want him to show Wolverine is capable of speed like that as well. GG has taken Ultimate Spiderman out of the air while he was traveling a hundred miles an hour give or take, with his spidey senses on. That is an incredible show of speed. All Wolverine08 has shown is Wolverine missing all of his shots on Peter. tagging a speedster that he predicted the location of while missing the majority there (which doesn't mean he is faster than the speedster). And a couple scans that show average level bullet timer speed feats.

@wolverine08 said:

As for Wolverine Ko'ing Peter, that is not a consistent feat, or I could just use the one shot Ko of Wolverine. Being surprised by speed does not mean that he is faster than Spiderman, nor is X-23 as fast as Spiderman. Nearly every street level fighter can dodge bullets with ease. Batman even has speed feats that are comparable with Wolverine. And your holding onto the Ultimate Captain America fight which is a low showing for GG. I could say Wolverine was highly ineffective vs Daredevil. You are idolizing Wolverine's best feats while using the lowest of GG.

Tagging Speed Demon is a better feat than Goblin has ever accomplished. Did you even read the sentence about Spider-Man having somewhat of a hard time keeping up with Daken's speed, and compared it to that of Wolverine's speed?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine was moving so fast in short bursts that Spider-Man even questioned how if he was faster than him. Don't know why @cable_extreme keeps on discounting it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine was moving so fast in short bursts that Spider-Man even questioned how if he was faster than him. Don't know why @cable_extreme keeps on discounting it.

Well because in the box before it, it said that Spiderman could break Wolverines neck. That is not a reliable source to have your whole argument based on.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

Well because in the box before it, it said that Spiderman could break Wolverines neck. That is not a reliable source to have your whole argument based on.

Wolverine has had his whole body (including his neck) crushed by being run over by a car, and was literally up in a few seconds. Find a better point buddy.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

Tagging Speed Demon is a better feat than Goblin has ever accomplished. Did you even read the sentence about Spider-Man having somewhat of a hard time keeping up with Daken's speed, and compared it to that of Wolverine's speed?

So if I were to show you Superman having trouble tagging the flash, then show you Deathstroke doing it, it would mean Deathstroke is comparable to Superman? No it would not.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

So if I were to show you Superman having trouble tagging the flash, then show you Deathstroke doing it, it would mean Deathstroke is comparable to Superman? No it would not.

Deathstroke does those things due to his enhanced brain. You've even said so. Lowball Wolverine's feat in a better way man.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

Wolverine has had his whole body (including his neck) crushed by being run over by a car, and was literally up in a few seconds. Find a better point buddy.

Adamantium cannot be broken by Spiderman........ The fact that the scan says Spiderman can SNAP his neck is completely WIS.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: While I think scans and second hand knowledge are a good start, look through the books before you try to come off as a definitive debator in a particular thread. While I won't get into the majority of it, 616 Spidey vs Ult Spidey is something you need to brush up on. Supersoldier is working on the general stuff, so I won't get involved there.

@cadencev2: He doesn't fight like a "retard." He fights like his dinger is the biggest and pisses with the biggest range. He also is the sort that feels if he and God were walking toward each other, God needs to step out of the way. Osborn comes in and overwhelms. And while he may be able to do that to teenage Pete, Logan is gonna make him pay for it.

Also You are amping Goblin up. He lost five times. The first when the coptor rifleman shot him up and he missed his last leap against Pete. He fell in the water and decided that he couldn't be bothered to come back for more. I assume the injury had something to do with this decision. The second time he emo-ed out when Harry turned on him and he passed out as the Oz formula berzerked. Loss to a weak emotional state.

The third time he went up against Stark and lost. Also lets play pretend. Even if Stark didn't have his deux ex machina pew pew beam dealie. Once Thor came back from dealing with Electro it would have been a bad day for Osborn and pals. And even though the fight didn't "end" Captain America beat the brakes off of him. Pete looked like he Ko'ed him for 8 pages. I think Giant man crushed him in a therapy session. So on and forth.

He depowered again when he killed his boy. Emotions work against him and he forfeited. And then lastly Pete and Goblin died in a climatic battle (though I wouldn't be surprised if they rezzed him to take on Miles.) Goblin has a track record of beating the crap out of Pete, and pushing around Ock, who also put up a decent fight, and not much else.

Lastly out of character is shooting fireballs. When he takes a few hits and starts to lose, he doesn't leap to safety and spam fireballs. He comes back swinging. He probably isn't going to think he is on the ropes with Logan until he can't leap away and spam. And at that point it should all be downhill for him.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

Deathstroke does those things due to his enhanced brain. You've even said so. Lowball Wolverine's feat in a better way man.

I am not lowballing Wolverine's feats, I am saying that tagging a speedster due to predicting his future location is not in itself a speed feat, as shown with Deathstroke who tagged the flash by predicting his future location. I used an exact comparison with your arguement. I am not lowballing any feats here, I am saying ti was Wolverine's skill, and not so much his speed.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Said:

While I think scans and second hand knowledge are a good start, look through the books before you try to come off as a definitive debator in a particular thread. While I won't get into the majority of it, 616 Spidey vs Ult Spidey is something you need to brush up on. Supersoldier is working on the general stuff, so I won't get involved there.

I know enough about the characters.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

I am not lowballing Wolverine's feats, I am saying that tagging a speedster due to predicting his future location is not in itself a speed feat, as shown with Deathstroke who tagged the flash by predicting his future location. I used an exact comparison with your arguement. I am not lowballing any feats here, I am saying ti was Wolverine's skill, and not so much his speed.

Wolverine doesn't have an enhanced brain like Stroke so him tagging a speedster was mainly due to speed/reflexes.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

Adamantium cannot be broken by Spiderman........ The fact that the scan says Spiderman can SNAP his neck is completely WIS.

One mistake by the writer. Wolverine slightly keeping pace with Spider-Man, and even making him think he could be possibly faster than is consistent with their tussles over the years.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

Wolverine doesn't have an enhanced brain like Stroke so him tagging a speedster was mainly due to speed/reflexes.

The Speedster is also not as fast as the Flash, and Wolverine is smart.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

So now you've gone from saying that Wolverine tagging Speed Demon isn't a speed feat to saying it's a speed feat, but not that that impressive. For someone who monologues about consistency, you're very inconsistent. Wolverine tagged Speed Demon, plain and simple, and that's a better speed feat than Goblin has ever accomplished.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: He doesn't fight like a "retard." He fights like his dinger is the biggest and pisses with the biggest range. He also is the sort that feels if he and God were walking toward each other, God needs to step out of the way. Osborn comes in and overwhelms.

LOL the last part of this is wrong, and I agree with that, however I cannot argue the rest. This is true.

However in straight fights, he lost only twice. The rifle harming him is not really a lost since he learned to cut his loses there and that was before his major upgrades in following arcs. Also yes, Thor would wreck him, Iron could of as well if he went all out.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Said:

Killing Ultimate Spider-man? Come on, he didn't blitz Pete to death. Peter had already taken a bullet to the stomach and had been fighting for hours against GG and the rest of the Six. That's not all that impressive at all, considering Pete was literally collapsing at the end of the battle.

The fact that GG consistently tags Ult Spiderman, your acting like Ult Spiderman is slower than Wolverine.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By RisingBean

@risingbean: Said:

While I think scans and second hand knowledge are a good start, look through the books before you try to come off as a definitive debator in a particular thread. While I won't get into the majority of it, 616 Spidey vs Ult Spidey is something you need to brush up on. Supersoldier is working on the general stuff, so I won't get involved there.

I know enough about the characters.

Then you need to take into account Ult Spidey is lower on the totem then 616. Ult Goblin wouldn't like fighting 616 Pete because he wouldn't be half as successful. Also the fact has been shown over and over. Ult Goblin is not too hot at taking on skilled foes. Logan. Yeah, he is about as skilled as they come.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

One mistake by the writer. Wolverine slightly keeping pace with Spider-Man, and even making him think he could be possibly faster than is consistent with their tussles over the years.

You cannot cherry pick out of a scan that has WIS in it. If a writer thinks Wolverine's neck can be snapped, how much do you think he knows about Wolverine?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

You cannot cherry pick out of a scan that has WIS in it. If a writer thinks Wolverine's neck can be snapped, how much do you think he knows about Wolverine?

This coming from the guy who was willing to acknowledge that Wolverine had been taken out by Daredevil throughout nerve strike even though it goes against his extensive history. Like @super_soldierxii said, you're circular logic isn't working, and you're now just arguing with yourself.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

So now you've gone from saying that Wolverine tagging Speed Demon isn't a speed feat to saying it's a speed feat, but not that that impressive. For someone who monologues about consistency, you're very inconsistent. Wolverine tagged Speed Demon, plain and simple, and that's a better speed feat than Goblin has ever accomplished.

tell me, do you know the speed the speed demon was going? Was he going faster than a bullet? I am not saying it isn't a good feat, but it doesn't put him above the speed demon in speed. The scan even says Wolverine predicted his movements, and he was running in a straight line.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

tell me, do you know the speed the speed demon was going? Was he going faster than a bullet? I am not saying it isn't a good feat, but it doesn't put him above the speed demon in speed. The scan even says Wolverine predicted his movements, and he was running in a straight line.

Stop being ridiculous. Almost all speed feats where a person tags someone doesn't give you a speed at which they where going at. Speed Demon has been noted to move at the speed of sound. I've never said that Wolverine is faster than Speed Demon, he just used his speed/reflexes to tag him. It's better than Goblin has ever done.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

This coming from the guy who was willing to acknowledge that Wolverine had been taken out by Daredevil throughout nerve strike even though it goes against his extensive history. Like @super_soldierxii said, you're circular logic isn't working, and you're now just arguing with yourself.

I said it was a low feat every time i brought it up, your acting like I am trying to use it to say Wolverine sucks or something, i am not. I am merely using it to point out that your using all of Wolverine's high feats without acknowledging his low ones. You are looking at all of Wolverine's high feats and looking at the low feats of GG as well.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08:

Stop being ridiculous. Almost all speed feats where a person tags someone doesn't give you a speed at which they where going at. Speed Demon has been noted to move at the speed of sound. I've never said that Wolverine is faster than Speed Demon, he just used his speed/reflexes to tag him. It's better than Goblin has ever done.

Goblin has taken a swinging spiderman out of the air with his spidey senses on, I think that is a fair comparison. He also didn't miss like 10 times.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

Killing Ultimate Spider-man? Come on, he didn't blitz Pete to death. Peter had already taken a bullet to the stomach and had been fighting for hours against GG and the rest of the Six. That's not all that impressive at all, considering Pete was literally collapsing at the end of the battle.

The fact that GG consistently tags Ult Spiderman, your acting like Ult Spiderman is slower than Wolverine.

In that battle, it's entirely possible, considering he had a bullet wound in his stomach that would hamper his movements, had already taken severe damage otherwise from the rest of the Six, and was exhausted to the point of collapsing.

On average, Ultimate Peter is faster in raw speed/reflexes than Wolverine, but he's much less experienced and skilled, and that skill closes the gap between them. The only time Green Goblin went up against an experienced H2H fighter (Captain America), he didn't get a hit in, while Cap got plenty.

You are completely right about Ultimate Spiderman, however, this was not their only meeting. Also CA is a low showing for GG. If you would prefer me using low showings for Wolverine I can if you wish.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

In that battle, it's entirely possible, considering he had a bullet wound in his stomach that would hamper his movements, had already taken severe damage otherwise from the rest of the Six, and was exhausted to the point of collapsing.

On average, Ultimate Peter is faster in raw speed/reflexes than Wolverine, but he's much less experienced and skilled, and that skill closes the gap between them. The only time Green Goblin went up against an experienced H2H fighter (Captain America), he didn't get a hit in, while Cap got plenty.

You are completely right about Ultimate Spiderman, however, this was not their only meeting. Also CA is a low showing for GG. If you would prefer me using low showings for Wolverine I can if you wish.

If you do decide to use Wolverine's low showings, I'd bet they'd go against his consistent history. Goblin has a history of struggling with skilled and fast fighters in melee combat.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

If you do decide to use Wolverine's low showings, I'd bet they'd go against his consistent history. Goblin has a history of struggling with skilled and fast fighters in melee combat.

You mean one showing?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:

Did you completely ignore what I typed,

No. It's just that there was no real content in what you had typed. As I had iterated, you were arguing with yourself ... as you had not directly addressed anything I said, only what YOU said I had said.

it seems you would rather dodge everything.

What' there to dodge? You're laying down blanket comments without foundation in fact, and without concrete reference either toward what I actually say, specific feats, showings and etc.

I am not arguing with myself,

In essence, yes, yes you are. Because you're certainly not addressing anything I've said or argued.

I have not contradicted myself. The real issue is that you are putting Wolverine on a pedestal and ignoring anything short of his best feats.

Oh? Which feats, exactly, do I ignore? Another generalization without backing it up.

That is not arguing with myself,

Yes it is. Again, you make a comment not founded in fact, nor was it specified.

and you falsely identified my argumentative method. I have gone back and forth with Esquire, as well with a lot of people, as far as I know, I have replied to everything, if I have not, link it to me and i will.

I have read your responses. That is the very reason I take exception with you and call your arguments circular and without reason.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

How is it a low showing for Green Goblin? Cap has a good deal of speed and reflex feats in his own right, and this is the only battle Osborn had against a skilled character with enhanced qualities. If anything, it should set the bar for that kind of battle.

So GG couldn't just use his building busting fire power to scorch Cap? It was most likely a fight to make people like ult CA. That is what they usually do with villains.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

You mean one showing?

Yup. It was the one occasion in Goblin's history that he'd gone up against a skilled and fast fighter and he looked like a clown. Unless we different from him in multiple showings, I'd say his performance against Ultimate Captain America is consistent.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

@cadencev2: He doesn't fight like a "retard." He fights like his dinger is the biggest and pisses with the biggest range. He also is the sort that feels if he and God were walking toward each other, God needs to step out of the way. Osborn comes in and overwhelms.

LOL the last part of this is wrong, and I agree with that, however I cannot argue the rest. This is true.

However in straight fights, he lost only twice. The rifle harming him is not really a lost since he learned to cut his loses there and that was before his major upgrades in following arcs. Also yes, Thor would wreck him, Iron could of as well if he went all out.

If we wanted to get nitpicky, we could say Goblin lost to extenuating circumstances. I agree with you in that he is a beast. But the big problem is that short of bullying Pete he didn't do too much. My main argument though is that he isn't going to see a 5'3" Canadian and be afraid. By the time he is, he cuts his losses and flees (lets hope Logan doesn't stalk him) or he continues to fight and likely loses. I don't doubt once in a while he'll take Logan down. It just won't be consistent.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

He doesn't fight like a "retard." He fights like his dinger is the biggest and pisses with the biggest range. He also is the sort that feels if he and God were walking toward each other, God needs to step out of the way. Osborn comes in and overwhelms.

That made me chuckle.

A+

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: said:

No. It's just that there was no real content in what you had typed. As I had iterated, you were arguing with yourself ... as you had not directly addressed anything I said, only what YOU said I had said.

I addressed the issue.

What' there to dodge? You're laying down blanket comments without foundation in fact, and without concrete reference either toward what I actually say, specific feats, showings and etc.

Wouldn't this statement be self contradictory and ironic?

In essence, yes, yes you are. Because you're certainly not addressing anything I've said or argued.

Nor have you, you simply fed me your negative comments about what I have said and proved nothing in the process.

Oh? Which feats, exactly, do I ignore? Another generalization without backing it up.

Go back to the 65th post on the second page and start there, you show scans of Wolverine knocking out the hulk ect. That is his highest of feats, yet you leave out anything less than his highest of showings.

#65 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (5357 posts) - 4 days, 13 hours ago - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

First, thanks for the scans. Well done.

1. Both 616 Wolverine and Sabretooth have soaked as much.

These are adamantium laced bullets. Only makes Logan mad. Now, show Osborn getting impaled through the head and throat, then getting right back up, and you're in business. Cuz that's exactly how I posit Logan will put him down. Like he did to Creed on two occasions just last year alone.

2. Three of Hawkeye's arrows to the chest were enough to temporarily drop him. Ult. Cap was using blunt force, and was not ramming twelve inch claws into his noggin. The problem with the scans, is the damage output is not at all reflective of what 616 Wolverine would be bringing to the table. Again, let's see Osborn absorb this;

And then not ending up like this;

Before we take him soaking what Wolverine can dish out a little too far.

Fire damage is his only chance of winning this fight. And even then, his fire lance attacks can be avoided dodge, area of effect fire damage can be soaked by Ult. Spidey, it can be soaked by Wolverine long enough for him to put Osborn down.

Yes it is. Again, you make a comment not founded in fact, nor was it specified.

Neither is making the claim that I am arguing with myself, we each have different views on the real issue, so we will not reach the same verdict on what we consider relevant.

I have read your responses. That is the very reason I take exception with you and call your arguments circular and without reason

Fact to back up that statement?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: said:

He doesn't use building busting fire in the middle of 1v1 combat, he goes melee. He'll use fireballs and lances, but they're not really game-changers. In that fight, he also actually did try to use a fire lance, which Cap blocked with his shield. It was also not inconsistent with Cap's feats.

Which I do not understand why GG wouldn't just make himself aflame so that when CA attacked he would hurt himself more than GG unless he attacked with his shield, which would leave him open. Agian, this is a low showing, I am five post away from posting Wolverine getting KO'ed from Spiderman.

@wolverine08: said:

Yup. It was the one occasion in Goblin's history that he'd gone up against a skilled and fast fighter and he looked like a clown. Unless we different from him in multiple showings, I'd say his performance against Ultimate Captain America is consistent.

I can provide you well more than one showing of Wolverine looking like a clown.