No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wolverine wins. Ultimate Green Goblin is much less impressive than his 616 counterpart, so for Wolverine this will be like fighting a diet-Osborn. It'll be a good fight, just not one this Osborn can win, i think.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@silverrings: No,Ultimate Goblin is more impressive than 616 Counterpart and he's wins this.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Dang nice thread. One question, does this Green Goblin have a Glider? If so, He can just stay out of range throwing bombs at wolverine with wolverine having no way to fight back.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@cable_extreme said:

Dang nice thread. One question, does this Green Goblin have a Glider? If so, He can just stay out of range throwing bombs at wolverine with wolverine having no way to fight back.

Wow. I will educate ya.

Ultimate Green Goblin is more like a mini Grey Hulk meets Human Torch. Not as powerful as either in powers, but definitely 1/4 or 1/3 as powerful in Stats, and Fire Projection.

He can move and tag Ultimate Spider Man all the time.

He has Leaping ability of Original Action Comics Superman.

He can project Fire blast powerful enough to take out 20 story buildings. He can use this fire to encase himself as well.

He has Strength that easily overpowers Peters.

He has Durability to withstand Hulk Buster weapons. He can fall from a Sky Scraper, leave a 10 foot crater in the concrete street, and get up fine.

He has a Healing Factor as well.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

This is ultimate green goblin. He is different from 616 green goblin:

@cadencev2 included him in his ultimate spider-man respect thread he has his own little section:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/ultimate-spider-man-tribute-1456204/

Hah! Beat me to it.

@god_spawn@super_soldierxii Where ya at?! I know you will defend your boy with the overwhelming Feats. I want to debate this!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme said:

Wow. I will educate ya.

Ultimate Green Goblin is more like a mini Grey Hulk meets Human Torch. As as powerful as either in powers, but definatly powerful in Stats, and Fire Projection.

He can project Fire blast powerful enough to take out 20 story buildings. He can use this fire to encase himself as well.

He has Durability to withstand Hulk Buster weapons. He can fall from a Sky Scraper, leave a 10 foot crater in the concrete street, and get up fine.

So how is wolverine expected to compete with this?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Wow. I will educate ya.

Ultimate Green Goblin is more like a mini Grey Hulk meets Human Torch. As as powerful as either in powers, but definatly powerful in Stats, and Fire Projection.

.... I guess he is not.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@cadencev2 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Wow. I will educate ya.

.... I guess he is not.

Thanks for the lesson :D

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is a mismatch........

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: No,Ultimate Goblin is more impressive than 616 Counterpart and he's wins this.

I disagree, obviously. Ultimate Osborn has not demonstrated the fighting skills, intellect or speed of 616 Osborn, but his durability is probably just about comparable.

snip

Wolverine could survive anything Ultimate Osborn can throw at him. Also, Ultimate Osborn's strength and fire powers are nowhere near comparable to those of the Hulk or the Human Torch, respectively.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Even though Ult. GG's really impressive, it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine will be able to take anything that Osborn throws at him, and Osborn will take loads of damage from those claws. Maybe if it wasn't adamantium Wolverine it'd be a closer match.

Except wolverine has more times been KOed or put down by less than Building Exploding Attacks. If Osborn burn his flesh to nothing, that is a KO.

Heck Osborn can hold Wolverine for a Incap if he wanted to.

Also I fail to see how Wolverine can win short of Decapitation.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Even though Ult. GG's really impressive, it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine will be able to take anything that Osborn throws at him, and Osborn will take loads of damage from those claws. Maybe if it wasn't adamantium Wolverine it'd be a closer match.

Except wolverine has more times been KOed or put down by less than Building Exploding Attacks. If Osborn burn his flesh to nothing, that is a KO.

Heck Osborn can hold Wolverine for a Incap if he wanted to.

Also I fail to see how Wolverine can win short of Decapitation.

You're kind of low balling Wolverine's durability. He has jumped out of a HOM Helacarrier that was high in the clouds of New York City and got back up like nothing happened after landing in Times Square, had a stealth bomber hit him at full speed and was back up in a few seconds, jumped headfirst into a Apache helicopter and took it out of the sky with no signs of injury, healed up from a nuclear explosion from Nitro in no time, and had his heart explode and was back up talking in three panels.

I'm not saying he wins, but your selling short Wolverine's insane durability.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MonsterStomp

@cadencev2: Thanks for the 30 second lesson :D

I'll give it to Ult. Green Goblin for that matter.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokergeist

@wolverine08 said:

You're kind of low balling Wolverine's durability. He has jumped out of a HOM Helacarrier that was high in the clouds of New York City and got back up like nothing happened after landing in Times Square, had a stealth bomber hit him at full speed and was back up in a few seconds, jumped headfirst into a Apache helicopter and took it out of the sky with no signs of injury, healed up from a nuclear explosion from Nitro in no time, and had his heart explode and was back up talking in three panels.

I'm not saying he wins, but your selling short Wolverine's insane durability.

Im not selling him short, your overating his best High Ends.

I read alot of Wolverine back in the day of Uncanny X-Men, and in the not to long ago New Avengers. He been KOed by Skrull Spider Woman's Venom Blast, had the fight beaten out of him from the Hood using .45 Handguns, had been put down by his own claws in his throat, shortly taken down by the Hand Ninjas via Throat stab, BFRed by Wrecker, and taken down recently by Kaine with a heart stab!

This is not including his Classic Showings where he been taken down by way less.

On Average Wolverine would be taken down by the 20 story busting Flames of GG.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

I didn't exaggerate any of those feats......................................

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Actually the ones you post were fine. I will take that back. I waiting for the whole BS feats of "Wolverine tanks WWH fist!" or "Wolverine Tanks Nukes!" or "Wolverine has fought as a Skeleton!" High end Feats which were so High end its sickening.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

Actually the ones you post were fine. I will take that back. I waiting for the whole BS feats of "Wolverine tanks WWH fist!" or "Wolverine Tanks Nukes!" or "Wolverine has fought as a Skeleton!" High end Feats which were so High end its sickening.

Those feats are feats at the end of the day. Whether or not you think they are reasonable. Wolverine has been tanking punches from the Hulk for decades now.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

Those feats are feats at the end of the day. Whether or not you think they are reasonable. Wolverine has been tanking punches from the Hulk for decades now.

Well by your logic, then Spider Man is more powerful the Heralds of Galactus.

See how far you get on that argument >_>

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

Your example is glaring with blatant bad writing and PIS. The feats I listed and others such as not being Ko'd by punches from WWH, tanking nukes, fighting as a skeleton, etc. are consistent with Wolverine's durability. His healing factor combined with the adamantium skeleton make him a incredibly durable, glutton for punishment. It's what he does.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

We have to find an equilibrium for Wolverine, who has been injured by nerve strikes in one comic, then fights as bones in another. Wolverine is in a constant state of flux depending on the writer.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

We have to find an equilibrium for Wolverine, who has been injured by nerve strikes in one comic, then fights as bones in another. Wolverine is in a constant state of flux depending on the writer.

Bingo!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Wolverine has multiple examples I can point to where he laughed off nerve strikes (Daredevil vol 2 #54) The only time I can remember him getting downed by one is when Garth Ennis (who admittedly hates Wolverine), decided that he wanted to embarass him by getting downed by a nerve strikes. Wolverine's high end durability feats outnumber his low end ones which is why I stick with them as the norm.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme: Wolverine has multiple examples I can point to where he laughed off nerve strikes (Daredevil vol 2 #54) The only time I can remember him getting downed by one is when Garth Ennis (who admittedly hates Wolverine), decided that he wanted to embarass him by getting downed by a nerve strikes. Wolverine's high end durability feats outnumber his low end ones which is why I stick with them as the norm.

DD used them on Wolvie as well IIRC.

I can name 100s of times Wolverine been put down by less than what GG is packing.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

again I can name 100s of times Wolverine been put down by less than what GG is packing.

That was Garth Ennis which is the one wolverine08 was referring to.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Yes, but there are a few scans of him being injured by them, namely by Daredevil. I am not saying that he is going to get hurt by nerve strikes, but I also don't think that fighting as bones is a consistent feat. While it is something that shows remarkable healing factor, it is not an every day thing, or he would basically be unbeatable, even by the hulk. He could never get KO'ed, or tire, since he can move without the use of muscles ect... I think we should look at consistency.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:

Agreed about the fighting as bones being over the top, and looking for consistency.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pokergeist

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

again I can name 100s of times Wolverine been put down by less than what GG is packing.

That was Garth Ennis which is the one wolverine08 was referring to.

He wrote DD? I never heard of that one.

Well in @wolverine08 own words.

Those feats are feats at the end of the day. Whether or not you think they are reasonable.

Bamsky!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolverine008

@cadencev2:

Feats given by a biased writer who admits they hate a certain character. Should we take Frank Miller (who hates Superman and has called him a "tool") characterizations of Superman as the norm? I think not. Like I said, Logan's high end feats outmnumber his low showings so I stick with them as the norm.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: No. I believe it was his punisher stuff. He had wolverine, daredevil and spider-man track down the punisher. Wolverine went feral and daredevil and spider-man tried to stop him, wolverine beat spider-man, and then daredevil throat chopped him. In the same arc I believe wolverine was hit from new york to boston....And was still conscious. We don't post these showings for wolverine though because then we would have to acknowledge the throat chop and we all know Ennis is biased (he hates super heroes in general [all though he hates wolverine most of all]).

I could be wrong about it being in his punisher stuff, all though I do know it was written by Ennis. Morpheus_ confirmed it.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Just wow. Damn you for making this thread,Jashro.

I can see either guy taking it depending on how good their day is going (pretty much are they dealing in high end or low feats) My gut check says it keeps going until one of two things happens. Wolverine is Ko'ed or, more likely to me, Wolverine decaps the Goblin.

While Spidey is quick as get out, he is a teen who has gotten embarrassed a few times over. I think Logan who is fast enough to deal on some level with 616 Spidey can keep up with Ult Spidey and thus he should be able to keep up with Goblin. Ult Cap was fighting circles around him in Ultimate Six. If Wolverine isn't tanking/healing just cause, I think he easily takes majority, and if he is tanking for craps and chuckles, he probably still at least ties it up.

@super_soldierxii You have an opinion?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2:

Feats given by a biased writer who admits they hate a certain character. Should we take Frank Miller (who hates Superman and has called him a "tool") characterizations of Superman as the norm? I think not. Like I said, Logan's high end feats outmnumber his low showings so I stick with them as the norm.

Your Example is a fail. Superman by Frank Miller is not Canon to the Mainstay DC Superman. that is Earth 31 Superman your talking of, with different feats and stats.

Ennis Wolverine bias or not is Canon. Neh Neh Neh Neh Nah Naaaah. :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

I was drawing parallels to two biased writers poor writings of characters. I'm sorry, but I don't take biased writers interpretations of any characters personalities or abilities seriously.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2:

I was drawing parallels to two biased writers poor writings of characters. I'm sorry, but I don't take biased writers interpretations of any characters personalities or abilities seriously.

I dont blame ya.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Hulk getting beaten by a snake is canon. Hulk has also tanked hits from virtually every powerhouse in Marvel, yet snake still has that 1 win. Snake>>>Namor, Juggernaut, Hercules, Thor, Gladiator, Silver Surfer etc based on the logic of anything canon is considerable.

Deadpool getting KO'd by an Asian girl with a fiber glass hot dog is canon. Deadpool has withstood hits by Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-Man etc and that is canon. Asian hot dog girl >>> than them based on logic that anything canon is usable.

DD throat chop is canon. Shingen's nerve strikes on a nerfed Wolverine didn't do anything. Echo, who learns by watching and was taught by DD, hers didn't do anything. Psylocke kicked him in a nerve bundle in skull and it didn't seem to do anything outside of a normal kick would have effected Wolverine. Elektra stabbing him with her sais worked, but she kept them inside his body, and as soon she was blown off, he was right back. Elektra was a special occurrence due to presence of a weapon actually inside of him. Outside of that, Psylocke's kick wasn't shown to have done much of anything except hurt him. Echo just made him angry. And Shingen also didn't do nothing more than hurt Wolverine with a nerfed healing factor. But let's ignore the strikes not working because DD's throat chop is canon.

Consistency people is a golden thing.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokergeist

@god_spawn: Thats all true and all, yet I saw nothing of a debate on topic with GG vs Wolverine here. >_> I know which side you will side on, but I want to HEAR IT!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk getting beaten by a snake is canon. Hulk has also tanked hits from virtually every powerhouse in Marvel, yet snake still has that 1 win. Snake>>>Namor, Juggernaut, Hercules, Thor, Gladiator, Silver Surfer etc based on the logic of anything canon is considerable.

Deadpool getting KO'd by an Asian girl with a fiber glass hot dog is canon. Deadpool has withstood hits by Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-Man etc and that is canon. Asian hot dog girl >>> than them based on logic that anything canon is usable.

DD throat chop is canon. Shingen's nerve strikes on a nerfed Wolverine didn't do anything. Echo, who learns by watching and was taught by DD, hers didn't do anything. Psylocke kicked him in a nerve bundle in skull and it didn't seem to do anything outside of a normal kick would have effected Wolverine. Elektra stabbing him with her sais worked, but she kept them inside his body, and as soon she was blown off, he was right back. Elektra was a special occurrence due to presence of a weapon actually inside of him. Outside of that, Psylocke's kick wasn't shown to have done much of anything except hurt him. Echo just made him angry. And Shingen also didn't do nothing more than hurt Wolverine with a nerfed healing factor. But let's ignore the strikes not working because DD's throat chop is canon.

Consistency people is a golden thing.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how the phrase "nuff said" was born.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MonsterStomp

@god_spawn: Thats all true and all, yet I saw nothing of a debate on topic with GG vs Wolverine here.

Was about to say the same.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#44 god_spawn  Moderator

@cadencev2: You called me into a debate that I had no interest in. Granted it was awhile ago, but I finally decided to check it out and that was the only thing to really grab my interest.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: And yet, GG has only been put down to a few things only.

1) Iron Man destabilizing his powers with the whole Ultimate Team beating on him.

2) A Collar that Lobotomizes you if you try to use your power + SHIELD Meta Human Tranqs + Giant Man Palm Smack Down!

3) All of SHIELD Hulk Buster Weapons + Enraged Peters blows + Hob Goblins blood lusted attacks and that did nothing! Osborn turned human and was KOed in his grief!

4) Not one, but two no hold back Novas from Human Torch + 9 ton Truck to the Face 3-5 times + Truck Explosion in his face after that!

So Wolverine is easy winning against this beast how?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44

@wolverine08: And yet, GG has only been put down to a few things only.

1) Iron Man destabilizing his powers with the whole Ultimate Team beating on him.

2) A Collar that Lobotomizes you if you try to use your power + SHIELD Meta Human Tranqs + Giant Man Palm Smack Down!

3) All of SHIELD Hulk Buster Weapons + Enraged Peters blows + Hob Goblins blood lusted attacks and that did nothing! Osborn turned human and was KOed in his grief!

4) Not one, but two no hold back Novas from Human Torch + 9 ton Truck to the Face 3-5 times + Truck Explosion in his face after that!

So Wolverine is easy winning against this beast how?

I'm not entering the debate but wolverine does have adamantium claws. Ultimate green goblin can tank some slashes due to his healing factor but wolverine will damage him.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: ?! Fine, leave me sulking in the slimy under depths while you swim the clear waters, near the warmth of the sun. I will have my day!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers