#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle in the streets.

To the Death or KO.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the starting distance?

#3 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say lizard would probably just speedblitz like he always does, but if they're far enough away goblin could pull a win

#4 Posted by Pop123 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say lizard would probably just speedblitz like he always does, but if they're far enough away goblin could pull a win

Lizard should be faster. If he closes the distance then what?

From what I seen this Green Goblin is a mini Hulk more than a Green Goblin character who can throw very powerful fire.

#5 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

@pop123 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

From what I seen this Green Goblin is a mini Hulk more than a Green Goblin character who can throw very powerful fire.

Ultimate green goblin has been harmed by bullets (granted they didn't put him down but from what I have seen they did damage). Lizards strength with his claws should do damage. All though Ultimate green goblins pain tolerance makes it interesting.

#6 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@pop123 said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Ultimate green goblin has been harmed by bullets (granted they didn't put him down but from what I have seen they did damage). Lizards strength with his claws should do damage. All though Ultimate green goblins pain tolerance makes it interesting.

Um... no.

Tanks Anti Vehicle Fire from Attack Copters!

More attacks from Attack Copters!

After being hit with a Genetic Disruptor from iron man, GG still requires the combine attacks of Iron Man, Fury, Cap, and Hawkeye to bring down.

Here Goblin Tanking hits from Cap and Iron Man before being hit with the Genetic Disruptor.

GG tanks a very angry Torch.

Does it again, and absorbs the attack as well.

Gets hit with a large Moving truck at high speeds.

Read through this.

Here Green Goblin Tanks all the killing Firepower of Anti Tank weapons and Hulk Buster suits. He then beats down and kills his Son Harry the Hob Goblin. Through the whole fight Peter is unable to do anything. In the end Green Goblin gave up because he felt horrible killing his son.

He took Hulk Buster weapons and Anti Tank Missiles with no sweat!

Seriously, Bullets are not a problem for Green goblin and to say otherwise ignores his average Durability.

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (12563 posts) - - Show Bio

UGG.

#8 Edited by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Your first few scans he seems to be expressing pain from the bullets. Yes he is tanking them but they still seem to be hurting him. The only scans that show bullets bouncing off him is when he is fighting ultimate hob goblin but those are lower caliber then the ones used by the helicopters.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: Your first few scans he seems to be expressing pain from the bullets. Yes he is tanking them but they still seem to be hurting him. The only scans that show bullets bouncing off him is when he is fighting ultimate hob goblin but those are lower caliber then the ones used by the helicopters.

I will educate. Here is my copy and paste from the other thread.

Im glad you mention the Inconsistent theme. I thought so as well. However it is not. It is rationally explain why Green Goblin was sort of tough (First Appearance) to the Beast he was in the end.

He was constantly evolving to be more powerful. Examples.

First he needed Formula to Transform. Then he realize he could do it without Oz Formula. He also receave a Power Increase during that time fighting the Ultimates.

Then here if you zoom in on the talk, he describes he is still evolving and through this arc up to Death of Spidey gets another Power boost!

He may seem Inconsistent to the NON Ultimate Spider Man reader. He is in fact just getting more power boost with each new Arc.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Makes sense. In that case this depends on starting distance and if Lizard can cut Ultimate Green Goblin.

#11 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: Makes sense. In that case this depends on starting distance and if Lizard can cut Ultimate Green Goblin.

Bullets can rip into as seen. He sufferes Piercing damage. It seems he can heal from it or bulk out of the damage. Its never really explain in detail.

We see Bullets pierce, but Hulk Buster firepower as well Anti Tank Rockets do zip.

We know peter Killed him with many slams of a 9 ton truck to the face, then it explodes. However before that Goblin tanked 2 no hold back attacks from Human Torch. So he was surely already wounded.

So his Durability should be more akin to Classic Luck Cage as far as blunt Damage. He seems to heal as well from small wounds.

It is hard to say with certainty.

He also has Explosive Fire power and can set his body on fire.

so any chance of biting and tearing can end in flames.

#12 Edited by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: A healing factor makes things interesting. That means this is going to get bloody. Ultimate green goblin is going to have to use his area of effect to tag current Lizard. Current lizard was blitzing spider-man pretty easily and was only tagged because he had a nervous break down. If lizard can dish out enough slashes with his claws he could possibly drop him.

On the subject of the death of spider-man, he was amped by the second shot from human torches nova attack so I don't know if that did a lot of damage to him. Granted I do think he is suepioer to Ultimate Peter just not sure if the nova flame did much damage to him.

As far as him burning Lizards flesh, the Lizard has tanked explosives before so his skin might not burn badly and if it does the Lizard has always had a decent healing factor so his burnt flesh will likely heal.

As things currently stand I think this is about 50/50.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: A healing factor makes things interesting. That means this is going to get bloody. Ultimate green goblin is going to have to use his area of effect to tag current Lizard. Current lizard was blitzing spider-man pretty easily and was only tagged because he had a nervous break down. If lizard can dish out enough slashes with his claws he could possibly drop him.

On the subject of the death of spider-man, he was amped by the second shot from human torches nova attack so I don't know if that did a lot of damage to him. Granted I do think he is suepioer to Ultimate Peter just not sure if the nova flame did much damage to him.

As far as him burning Lizards flesh, the Lizard has tanked explosives before so his skin might not burn badly and if it does the Lizard has always had a decent healing factor so his burnt flesh will likely heal.

As things currently stand I think this is about 50/50.

Yeah, he as per his Evolution statement in the scan above (Where he blows the Trisklin) he seem to learn to absorb heat with the second Nova.

#14 Posted by OreoAssassin (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#15 Posted by LuciusTheEternal (802 posts) - - Show Bio

ULTIMATE GOBLIN WINS!!!!!

#16 Edited by Wolverine08 (38836 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard.

#17 Posted by Stormdriven (4363 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard

#18 Posted by ComicStooge (12041 posts) - - Show Bio

Connors.

#19 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

Attrition fight. Could potentially go either way. Lizard has the physical edge, Goblin has the versatility. Healing factors are both good, so both are going to hang around. I want to give a slight edge to Lizard since Norman will inevitably brawl with him, and the Lizards claws/fangs with his greater speed will give him an advantage. If Norman mixes blunt close range damage and long range firepower he's got at chance to win, but he's probably going to try and overpower Connors.