ultimate gohan vs goku at the end of dbz

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrOWMG

first to drop,by end of dbz i mean when goku flies of whith uub

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nishi99

Gohan would win if he went super saiyan. But for some reason Ultimate Gohan never does that.

So Goku would likely win.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TERMINATORXX

GOKU

mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrOWMG

i think goki aswell which form do you think it would take for goku to beat him.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ximpossibrux

Gohan, 8/10

Ultamite Gohan was stronger then Goku and manhandled Super Buu, while Goku said he couldn't beat Super Buu SSJ3.

It is also implied he's the strongest non-fused character in DBZ.

Although SSJ3 Goku did hold his own for Super Buu Gotenkss absorbed for a couple of minutes.

Goku has the skill over Gohan, but Gohan is faster and stronger.

mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrOWMG

yes but thats buu saga goku im talking about ten years or so after (wen the dbz manga ends).i wouldnt be suprised if goku could handle him in base form.

FatesGambler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FatesGambler

It was released that Gohan is the strongest nonfused character at the end of DB

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ximpossibrux

@mrOWMG said:

yes but thats buu saga goku im talking about ten years or so after (wen the dbz manga ends).i wouldnt be suprised if goku could handle him in base form.

Goku didn't train for that 10 years, but kept his body ready so that he didn't lose power (Like Gohan did when he went to highschool)

Goku started training with Uub in the hyperbolic Time chambre after they flew off, that's why Goku was so strong in GT.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan wins

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KnightRise

@XImpossibruX said:

Gohan, 8/10

Ultamite Gohan was stronger then Goku and manhandled Super Buu, while Goku said he couldn't beat Super Buu SSJ3.

It is also implied he's the strongest non-fused character in DBZ.

Toriyama confirmed it, Ultimate Gohan is the strongest non-fused character on Dragon Ball Z

@mrOWMG said:

Goku in the very last episode only fought against Uub, and it wasn't a death match so his power level didn't even approach the maximum he showed 10 years prior.

But Ultimate Gohan>>SS3 Goku

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ximpossibrux

Ultamite Gohan > Gotenks = Super Buu > SSJ3 Goku

mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrOWMG

if you can show me that torriyama confirmed it ill beleive you but until then i find it hard to beleive that for ten years goku of all people was just keeping his body ready and not using that ten years to get stronger and stronger like always.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@mrOWMG said:

if you can show me that torriyama confirmed it ill beleive you but until then i find it hard to beleive that for ten years goku of all people was just keeping his body ready and not using that ten years to get stronger and stronger like always.

Well Gohan is Akira Toriyama's favorite Dragon Ball Z character, so I don't find it that hard to believe.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@mrOWMG said:

Well Gohan is Akira Toriyama's favorite Dragon Ball Z character, so I don't find it that hard to believe.

Wrong. Toriyama's favorite character is Bardock. @XImpossibruX said:

@mrOWMG said:

Goku didn't train for that 10 years, but kept his body ready so that he didn't lose power (Like Gohan did when he went to highschool)

Goku started training with Uub in the hyperbolic Time chambre after they flew off, that's why Goku was so strong in GT.

False. Toriyama and his apprentice are making a new DBZ movie that takes place during those 10 years, which is slated to come out March 13, 2013, to which Goku and crew are facing a new enemy (the context of training can be used for fighting).

EDITED: My bad, I read that title differently. Damn my blurry eyes. Anyway. Gohan would win, yep.
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSuperHuman said:

@mrOWMG said:

Wrong. Toriyama's favorite character is Bardock. @XImpossibruX said:

@mrOWMG said:

False. Toriyama and his apprentice are making a new DBZ movie that takes place during those 10 years, which is slated to come out March 13, 2013, to which Goku and crew are facing a new enemy (the context of training can be used for fighting). Besides, we need to remember that this is GT Goku, post-SSJ4. And no, SSJ4 isn't weaker than SSJ3 or Mystic. If that were true, Mystic (or Ultimate) Gohan would have fought the Shadow Dragons instead.

GT isnt cannon and they depowered everyone to make Goku look good

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ximpossibrux

@mrOWMG said:

Akira Toriyama wanted the son to surpass the father. Cell Saga Gohan surpassed Goku, and was going to end it with Goku dead and his son to protect the Earth. But fans wanted the series to go longer.

So they created the Buu saga, where again the Son surpassed the Father.

@TheSuperHuman: Oh God DBGT they killed Gohan, no they tore him apart. Didn't stick to DBZ roots at all.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@redbird3rdboywonder said:

I read the title wrong, excuse me.
TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@XImpossibruX said:

Oh God DBGT they killed Gohan, no they tore him apart. Didn't stick to DBZ roots at all.

Let's not get into a DBGT discussion, which is my fault for misreading the title due to blurry eyes.
mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrOWMG

his favourite character is goku "shonen jump:who is your favorite dragon ball character? torriyama:its goku.for one thing im a very pervererse person,so im drawn to a pure innocent character like him.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSuperHuman said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

I read the title wrong, excuse me.

No Problem

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ximpossibrux

@mrOWMG said:

his favourite character is goku "shonen jump:who is your favorite dragon ball character? torriyama:its goku.for one thing im a very pervererse person,so im drawn to a pure innocent character like him.

Doesn't matter whos the favorite. Mystic Gohan is stronger then Goku

mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrOWMG

theres no evidence hes more powerful than end goku.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nickzambuto

@mrOWMG said:

The man keeps changing opinions. First he liked Piccolo then Goku, now you say Gohan is his favorite? I'm pretty sure Frieza was up there too at some point.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@mrOWMG said:
Toriyama's favorite character is Bardock, which is why he made Bardock the first Super Saiyan (the one who created the legend), in Bardock's second special.
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25  Edited By GraniteSoldier

It's been awhile since I've watched DBZ, seeing as how I grew up with it. And I know there is this DBZ Kai thing out these days, but I don't know if it differs from the original DBZ at all. Anyway, I remember something from the Cell saga of when Goku and Gohan go into the time chamber to train, and Goku has this noir moment watching Gohan train. He basicly states that Gohan has the potential to far surpass any pure-blooded Saiyan in power because he has both Saiyan and human blood, and that the combination somehow unlocks some greater power potential. Goku knew Gohan would have to be the one to beat Cell because of that. So given consistent training Gohan should pretty much always surpass Goku in the end. I don't remember the Buu saga much though. Wasn't really that into it, seemed a little rushed and half-assed.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Goku could destroy planets, I've never seen Gohan do that.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ximpossibrux

@TERMINATORXX said:

Goku could destroy planets, I've never seen Gohan do that.

... Goku has never blown up a planet either, but his Kamehamha's have enough power to do so.

As for Gohan in SSJ2 he overpowered Cells' +++++++Planet busting Kamehameha.

@mrOWMG said:

theres no evidence hes more powerful than end goku.

SSJ3 Goku would not take Super buu, while Ultamite Gohan manhandled him. Their is no evidence Goku or Gohan got stronger in that period.

Therefore Ultamite Gohan is stronger, this has been established.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@XImpossibruX: Right, I know Goku hasnt destroyed a planet, but I said he could like you said, he does have the power to do it if he wanted.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By terry2012

Ultimate Gohan

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By randumo24

@mrOWMG said:

On crack much?

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Laurcus

Goku would own him. Gohan was a little stronger when they fought Buu. During the 10 year time skip though, Gohan didn't train, Goku most certainly did. There is no reason that Goku shouldn't have closed such a small gap in their powers, and surpassed Gohan with 10 years up on him in training.

Another thing to note is that if they were equal Goku would win. Goku is the more experienced fighter, and handles difficult battles much better than Gohan. When Gohan starts losing, he chokes, he panics. Probably not so much in a friendly sparring match with his father, but still, Gohan doesn't have that much experience against equal opponents. He either stomps, or he gets stomped, in most battles.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By randumo24

@Laurcus said:

Goku would own him. Gohan was a little stronger when they fought Buu. During the 10 year time skip though, Gohan didn't train, Goku most certainly did. There is no reason that Goku shouldn't have closed such a small gap in their powers, and surpassed Gohan with 10 years up on him in training.

Another thing to note is that if they were equal Goku would win. Goku is the more experienced fighter, and handles difficult battles much better than Gohan. When Gohan starts losing, he chokes, he panics. Probably not so much in a friendly sparring match with his father, but still, Gohan doesn't have that much experience against equal opponents. He either stomps, or he gets stomped, in most battles.

Gohan wasn't "just a little stronger". Gohan was far stronger than Goku was. Putting this at the end of DBZ instead of after Buu is pointless. It's all speculation as to whether or not either trained or didn't train.

Remember, Gohan completely dominated Super Buu. The same Super Buu that Goku told Vegeta that even if they fought together, Buu would still kill them.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

Gohan is much stronger than Goku. AT already stated he was the strongest unfused character at the end of Z. The gap between SSJ3 and Mystic is phenomenal. Mystic Gohan is a above SSJ3 Gotenks who is leagues ahead of Goku.

dbzmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dbzmeister

There was a long gap from when Buu was defeated to the tournament at the end of Z, Goku trans like a beast and in that time would easily have close the distance on Gohan who in terms of training is pretty lazy. Even if Gohan was slightly more powerful Goku would still take it. Gohan does not have the fighting mentality, he rends to make crucial mistakes at crucial times which cost him dearly in battle. Cell and Buu were both perfect examples of this. Goku by contrast always finds away even against more powerful enemies, he retians the mantle of guardian of earth for a reason. By the end of Z it has become fairly obvious Gohan doesn't have what it takes in spite of his potential.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Laurcus

@randumo24 said:

@Laurcus said:

Gohan wasn't "just a little stronger". Gohan was far stronger than Goku was. Putting this at the end of DBZ instead of after Buu is pointless. It's all speculation as to whether or not either trained or didn't train.

Remember, Gohan completely dominated Super Buu. The same Super Buu that Goku told Vegeta that even if they fought together, Buu would still kill them.

What you call speculation I call ridiculously obvious based on the history of the characters. When has Goku ever stopped training? Never, that's when. Without evidence to the contrary we should assume that he acted how he always did. Gohan on the other hand has never trained without a specific reason to. We also see Goku out training, teaching Pan how to fly, while we see Gohan sitting at home.

Goku also would have gotten a significant Zenkai from getting torn up by Kid Buu so badly. When has Goku ever not been able to close even significant power gaps in just short bursts of training? 10 Years of training is like a license to be overpowered for Goku.

And you should know that double teaming never really works in DBZ unless all the fighters are roughly equal. If Super Buu could just barely beat Goku he could beat Goku and Vegeta, because Vegeta was too weak to be a factor. My analysis is based on how the characters have previously acted.

Also, one other thing to note, Goku clearly outclassed Gohan in Wrath of the Dragon, which takes place during the 10 year time skip. And before anyone whines about non-canon BS, that movie was written by Toriyama. He oversaw its production, he made Hirudegarn, anything allowed into that movie had to be approved by him.

Prove Akira Toriyama said that. I've heard that stated for years, but no one I've asked has ever been able to provide a source. The DB wiki doesn't even contain that information, which would be fairly important if it was true.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beautifulrevery

@nishi99 said:

Gohan would win if he went super saiyan. But for some reason Ultimate Gohan never does that.

The reason he doesnt go super saiyan is because his Ultimate/Mystic form unleashes all his potential without the need to go super saiyan at least according to the elder kai. He has all the power he needs without the "life shortening strain" of being super saiyan. Also Mystic Gohan>>>>>>Super Buu>>>>SS3 Goku. It's been stated by Goku himself that he couldn't beat Super Buu but Gohan was wiping the floor with him easily.

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MarvelGrey

Gohan is superior in all aspects except fighting skill but his power will make up for that.

dbzmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dbzmeister

@MarvelGrey: Not necessarily in the 10 year gap after dbz there's a good chance Gpku with training would be at least close to his power, he increased his strength tenfold within one year during his time on King Kai's planet and by a further five times training in the space capsule en-route to Namek, not to mention his astronomical increase in strength after time spent in the otherworld between the Cell/Buu sagas. It's very likely that Goku ten years on would have made absolute mincemeat out of Buu, whilst Gohan's strength would have remained static as he shows no devotion to training.

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MarvelGrey

@dbzmeister said:

@MarvelGrey: Not necessarily in the 10 year gap after dbz there's a good chance Gpku with training would be at least close to his power, he increased his strength tenfold within one year during his time on King Kai's planet and by a further five times training in the space capsule en-route to Namek, not to mention his astronomical increase in strength after time spent in the otherworld between the Cell/Buu sagas. It's very likely that Goku ten years on would have made absolute mincemeat out of Buu, whilst Gohan's strength would have remained static as he shows no devotion to training.

I don't think you know which Gohan this is. It's not post Kid Buu Gohan it's Gohan from when he fought Super Buu. The only thing that Kakarot could accomplish in those 10 years is the mastery of his SSJ3 form, plus as a bone i'm throwing you he probably cut the ki consumption down.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By randumo24

Movies don't count, whether AT had to do with them or not. Look at the first Broly movie. AT was part of that, yet it made no sense within the DBZ universe.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KnightRise

How can we speculate how much Goku increased in power level during the ten years? All of his other (propotionally) massive increases were due to training to face a specific enemy or from coming close to death. While in Otherworld he had seven years to train against powerful warriors. Who was there on Earth? Paur? He only allowed his power level to stalemate Uub's; it could have grown signiifcantly or barely at all.

EDIT: I forgot about the relatively huge jump from post Frieza saga to Trunks saga

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By randumo24

@KnightRise: What huge jump?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KnightRise

@randumo24: nevermind, it was only by 2,500,000 from 11M to > or = 13.5M,

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By slimj87d

@randumo24 said:

@Laurcus said:

This last part... I don't get it... It is NOT the same Super Buu, he had Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Mystic Gohan absorbed.

Gohan fought Super Buu with Fat Buu, Piccolo and Gotenks.

Then he fought Super Buu with Fat Buu, Piccolo, Trunks and Goten.

@beautifulrevery said:

@nishi99 said:

The reason he doesnt go super saiyan is because his Ultimate/Mystic form unleashes all his potential without the need to go super saiyan at least according to the elder kai. He has all the power he needs without the "life shortening strain" of being super saiyan. Also Mystic Gohan>>>>>>Super Buu>>>>SS3 Goku. It's been stated by Goku himself that he couldn't beat Super Buu but Gohan was wiping the floor with him easily.

Can someone please explain to me when EXACTLY Goku said this? Was it when Super Buu had Fat Buu, or after he absorbed Piccolo and Gotenks? There is a major different as Gohan was not wiping the floor with Super Buu after he absorbed Piccolo and Gotenks, he was getting his ass kicked. So did Goku say this before or after? Proof please I would appreciate that more thank you.

Lastly, to everyone else. No one is taking into consideration that Goku had a Ki increase after he fought Buu as his body was pretty close to strained and then revived by the Dragon. He should have gotten stronger after that. He also has instant transportation which lets him be equal skill wise.

Factoring all this in. I think Gohan probably takes it but Goku has a chance using his instant transportation wisely and his superior fighting skills and experience if indeed he became stronger after the Buu fight when he was replenished from the Dragon during the spirit bomb tug of war with Kid Buu.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By slimj87d

@mrOWMG: Are you going to take the movies into account? Because this is what I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiSqHyxTWs0

This would have to take after the Buu fight, and Goku actually fairs off the best out of all the Z fighters against the monster. Even showing off better fighting abilities than Mystic Gohan.

By the end though, the Monster was depowered a bit and Goku defeated it with his Dragon Fist. But still he was doing better than all the other fighters, mystic Gohan included before it was depowered from my memory. Anyone else confirm this as it was years ago when I watched this movie.

If indeed this all adds up, Goku did get stronger after the near brutal defeat from Kid Buu and his replenishment from Shenron and possibly more training afterwards. Taking all that into account he could be on par or above Mystic Gohan. Even if he is a little below, with instant transmission and his better fighting skills plus experience would probably grant him the win.

If this is Gohan vs SSJ3 Goku During the Kid Buu fight well then Gohan is obviously stronger by doing comparisons.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Laurcus

@KnightRise: Your power levels are fan made. Goku was at 150 million by the end of the Frieza saga, and no power level after that point has ever been stated.

Prove that Goku stopped training during the 10 year time skip. He has been shown to multiply his power very quickly during times of training, and a 10 year gap is more than enough to put him above Gohan. Remember, before the previous time skip Gohan was the strongest then as well, but 7 years passed and Goku surpassed him. There is no reason Gohan would continue training, and there's no reason Goku wouldn't.

Some movies are clearly alternate universe. That doesn't make them non-canon, or invalidate the feats presented in them, or invalidate the other movies that do not conflict with the main timeline. I figured on a comic book forum the differences between alternate universe and non-canon would be painfully obvious. Wrath of the Dragon does not conflict with the main timeline. Unless you can provide evidence that Akira Toriyama thinks of the movies as non-canon I will go with his official opinion over yours. He has had over a decade to declare the movies as non-canon, and he never has. In fact he has only ever shown extreme support for them.

You are correct. And I'm very familiar with the movie, and I can tell you that Gohan's showings in that fight were very poor. Hirudegarn does in fact one shot Mystic Gohan in that fight. He backhands him one time, and Gohan is down for the rest of the battle.

dbzmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dbzmeister

@SlimJ87D: Great point and Toriyama was actually directly involved with this movie, proof that post Buu Goku surpassed Gohan. With that plus his superior fighting skill and ability to grind out a win no matter what Goku takes this fight.

demifiendninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By demifiendninja
@Laurcus said:

agree.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going Super Saiyan is relative to everyone who can do it. All Super Saiyan 1s are roughly the same in power, all Ssj2s are roughly the same and have the same power level limits before Ssj3 doors open. Super saiyan power levels reside in a set place, once your power level can boost beyond X amount, you can go super saiyan 2 with enough rage ect ect. For example if you have a power level of 180,000 for example, with rage you can boost it into super saiyan, every super saiyan has its limits in power before Super saiyan 2 becomes the more useful and powerful way to boost your power. Once you reach that limit, Super Saiyan 3 becomes available. Gohans Mystic upgrade has no need to turn super saiyan, his base form is far beyond super saiyan 3.

The exceptions to this rule are fusions and Broly. Gohan in mystic form can power up like normal fighters do, he cannot go super saiyan because super saiyan 1 power levels reside only in X to X , Since Gohans power level is far beyond super saiyan 3, what is the use of turning super saiyan? Going from like a billion power level down to what ever area the super saiyan 1 power levels are, idk maybe 25 million to 100 million? Its a serious downgrade. Gohan turning super saiyan during his mystic boost is just like powering down. Each Super saiyan level can only exist in a set power level, thats why Ssj2 and 3 exist, once the user can boost past that power level, the next ssj level doors open. Gohan would downgrade himself severely if he turned super saiyan.

you cant have an ssj1 with a max power level of 100million, then 20 years later his ssj1 forms max power level is 1 billion. it doesnt work like that in my opinion. Those levels stay the same, once the user trains hard and acquires enough rage, he can boost to SSj2 and run there for a while. Eventually, their Base forms are more powerful than their original super saiyan forms,.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KnightRise