jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By jashro44

@floopay:

I've stated this entire time that I believe Batman is more skilled, I've just also stated that it's not by any wide margin. I'm just saying he's only more skilled by a small margin.

I understand.

• Captain America's precision with his shield is absolutely a feat of skill, and not just a feat of strength. I guarantee you give Hulk that shield and tell him to throw it, it won't go nearly as far or be nearly as precise or effective.

I don't think his fight with assemble really shows that precision though. He was using the powers of giant man at the time IIRC so he was a pretty big target.

• The degree of fodder matters. Doomsday could be chopped down with an axe. Libertarian Suits and Captain Britain clones could smash a buliding with one shot, and an axe wouldn't be able to touch them. Some "fodder' have established skills and abilities, for example, I don't think either of them could take on 3 Bregan D'aerthe nameless troops. These may be nameless "fodder" as you put it, but their feats speak for themselves.

I don't believe they were smashing through buildings. They were killing giant men but it looked like they were flying through their ears and smashing through their brains to me. As for the doomsdays they were killing numerous amazons and they were strong enough to harm superman (granted I think they hit him because he got distracted but they were still really strong).

Right to left

• He can absolutely hold all his guns at the same time (at least whatever he's got). It's called a strap....and MOST guns have them...Most of them even have "strap locks", which can withstand a lot of force. His ammo is about the only thing that might disappear, but probably not anything in a clip and already loaded. Also, how long does a batarang's magnetic affect last?

Not sure how long it lasts but it managed to move multiple rocket reds so I don't think a strap is enough:

No Caption Provided

• Hurray, less lethal attacks! I'm sure Captain America would have a lot of use for attacks that don't regularly kill people, especially when most of his opponents have healing factors, body armor (capable of taking high caliber bullets), or durability enough to just sort of ignore pressure points.

They've worked on meta humans before.

• I don't understand why people make such a big deal about pressure points these days. You have to hit a nerve precisely for it to be effective, and provide enough force. If he's off by 1 cm or more, it's ineffective, and puts him in a position where he's vulnerable to counter-attack. I don't see why using them often is more impressive than a guy who just puts people down by knocking them out quickly with practical maneuvers...

Its just a reference to his knowledge of different attacks. Knowledge isn't everything about fighting but it is something important to have with fighting. Yea a more knowledgeable fighter isn't guaranteed to beat a less knowledgeable fighter but it doesn't exactly hurt to have more.

• Shooting a gun requires far less marksmanship than bouncing a shield while falling at terminal velocity, and I'll stand by that fact all day.

When did ultimate cap bounce his shield while falling at terminal velocity?

• Thank you

No problem.

• They are only more established because people blow up their skill levels and feats by what's stated. Ultimate Caps opponents earn their reputation through their feats. As for his skill level, he's been stated to be genius level as well. His tactics have been referred to multiple times in the comics, and his analytical skills and learning abilities have been stated to be faster than a computer program. That's kind of a big deal. He's even gone so far as to defeat a copy of himself.

What feats do ultimate caps enemies have though? Thats my major issue. A lot of the fighters he fights only really get established by fighting Ultimate Steve. At least from what I have seen. I agree ultimate cap is very tactical and not too far behind batman in that. Its just his raw martial ability that is behind batman. I don't think batman has a huge gap but at the same time I wouldn't say its only a small gap either if that makes sense.

So yes, Captain has been referred to several times as being a genius in terms of skill, tactical prowess, and ability. The only difference is he's not as flashy, and he doesn't use pressure points. Probably because they'd be useless against MOST of the opponents he'd have to train to use them against.

You have a fair point about pressure points being extremely difficult to use in combat. And I do agree with you that there is more to fighting than just pressure points. I'll admit the gap might not be as far away as I originally thought it was.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ultimate Hulk sucks lol

Avatar image for madmartigan8282
Madmartigan8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers