#101 Posted by emanblackgreatness13 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain america.more experience and more powerful.

#102 Edited by Just_J79 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I came back to this after a debate with my girlfriend (who happens to be a hardcore bats fan) who thinks that Bruce would stomp on Cap because of his stealth, experience with stronger foes, his gadgets and body armor.

Speed-Caps gets this. Bruce has caught an arrow in flight and dodged gunfire on a consistent basis. He is one of the best acrobats in the DC universe only Dick Grayson being better. He has also stood toe to to toe with metahumans with super speed. Caps can react at 40kph which lets him dodge bullets at point blank range. Not even a well trained human like Bruce can react that fast. Plus Cap can clear blocks within seconds running at 36-75mph and have stamina remaining. Plus he can match any acrobatic feat Bruce can do, and more due to his musculature.

Durability-Bruce has the ultra cool Batsuit. It can take a shotgun at pointblank range and is insulated. Has armor implants to protect him from blunt force from falls, kicks and punches. There are variations specific to what his objective is. It does a good job of helping him stay alive. But aside form that, he's still a human, albeit in peak condition. Caps has durability to take blows from Spiderman and powerhouses like the Hulk. He jumps from helicopters without a parachute! Not to mention if he is hurt, a gunshot wound and broken bones and severe tissue damage can heal in a matter of minutes to hours maybe.

Utilities-I'd say Bruce takes this. Caps shield is incredibly useful and he is skilled with it, but Bruce has an incredible variety. But I have to admit some of it like his nerve gas, freeze pellets, and even electric shock stuff will have limited effective use on Caps.

Strength-I won't even compare this. But I will say that Bruce does have some nice feats for a non-enhanced human. Stamina is also not worth comparison too.

Skills-Now we all know that Bruce is one of the deadliest fighters. And Ultimate Caps may not be as good as his counter part. But still, he is far from being a slouch and still one of the best in his universe. He could at least hold his own with Bruce. Both of them are still amazing strategists though.

Not even on a good day could Bruce win. I really think that this is a spite thread. Their skills and intelligence are roughly around the same level. But the physical stats are insane for Caps. There is no comparison. And not to mention that Caps will do what it takes to win-and will have no remorse killing Bruce; especially once he sees that Bruce has skills and is not to be toyed with. Once that happens he will kill Bruce in a ruthless and quick manner, and there will be little he can do to counter his blows or even block them when your opponent can toss a car with ease. It will not be a K.O. It will end with Bruce being maimed and Caps having minor damage to him.

A better match would be if Bruce had the Insider Suit. That would at least make it fair against a guy who took on the Avengers by himself...

#103 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap stomps.

#104 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was this bumped? *frustration in voice*

Ultimate Captain America has this.

#105 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure ultimate cap can't one shot the specter

#106 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Steve.

#107 Posted by nickzambuto (12979 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

I'm pretty sure ultimate cap can't one shot the specter

Batman didn't oneshot the Spectre. Spectre let himself get hit because he felt bad for Bruce. He was literally fine in the next panel, going about his business.

#108 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN BEAT DARKSEID!

#109 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, the OP is clearly being a fanboy and trying to put cap on top....

First of all prep time isn't nonsense, in fact, it is been showed that batman is ready for everything, even for things that he knows will never happen. So if batman knew ultimate cap existed(Which he definitely will have info on assuming they will be in the same universe for the battle) he would be prepared to kick his a** from the second he realises ultimate cap's presence. We all should know that with prep, this should be more than a fair fight. However the OP includes ultimate cap but doesn't even give batman prep. It is accepted by a majority that if normal cap and batman fought without prep, they would be evenly matched, a stalemate basically.... But how do you make cap win?? No prep for batman and Ultimate for cap... How bout we say batman 1 million or batman with the insider against ultimate cap?? That would be more than fair....

#110 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap takes the majority....obviously...but Bats can put up a good fight.

BATMAN BEAT DARKSEID!

WHO CAN BEAT CAP SO BATMAN OBVI WINS ROFL YOLO TRILLLLL

#111 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was this bumped? *frustration in voice*

Ultimate Captain America has this.

Month old, and sums up my thoughts now.

#112 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@utotheg38: Ultimate Cap held his own in a fist fight the the f**king Hulk how is Batman going to beat him without prep??????????

i will always say cap>batman

damn straight

#113 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: The only way Batman is going to lose is if that symbol on his chest stands for FRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

#114 Posted by dondave (34579 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult Cap stats are his only saving grace, if he didn't have them Bruce would stomp him and he could probably even get a win against Ult Cap anyway.

#115 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Ult Cap stats are his only saving grace, if he didn't have them Bruce would stomp him and he could probably even get a win against Ult Cap anyway.

True story.

#116 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: The only way Batman is going to lose is if that symbol on his chest stands for FRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Haha best post all day.

@dondave said:

Well, in Cap's defense, you have to factor in his intelligence as well. If it was just some dumb brute with Ult. Cap's stats, we know he would lose handily.

#117 Posted by dondave (34579 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@dondave said:

Well, in Cap's defense, you have to factor in his intelligence as well. If it was just some dumb brute with Ult. Cap's stats, we know he would lose handily.

Ehh, Ult Cap hasn't really impressed me skill wise. When they made Abdul into a Super Soldier like Steve he gave him a tough battle despite never having the years of experience or level of skill Steve should have.

#118 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@veshark said:

@dondave said:

Ehh, Ult Cap hasn't really impressed me skill wise. When they made Abdul into a Super Soldier like Steve he gave him a tough battle despite never having the years of experience or level of skill Steve should have.

You have to note that the Super-Soldier Serum also enhances the mind - increasing learning and tactical capability. Ultimate Cap was capable of learning how to hack into computer systems and fly jets within months out of the deep freeze.

And don't forget that in the Abdul fight, Cap was already earlier weakened (having survived a beating from the Reserves, a missile from the Rocketman, being drugged and imprisoned, fighting Multiple Man and the Liberator soldiers, and being slammed and thrown through a wall by Abomination....).

Compared to Abdul, who was completely healthy and hadn't even fought anything up until that point. And remember - the fight didn't even last that long. It was a like four pages, and Captain America actually beat Abdul. It was only when Abdul called his grunts over, and they tackled Cap down that he needed help.

In short: a severely weakened Captain America was still able to easily trounce someone who was his physical and mental equal. And quite frankly, Ultimate Cap has done more than enough to suggest a high level of skill. His fight with the Ultimate Avengers alone is solid proof.

#119 Posted by karimamin (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to go with Bats. In a straight up fight, no gadgets or weapons, then obviously Capt will win in a fight. But Bruce is a quick thinker and I'm sure he has something in his belt which he can use to immobilize Capt. Unless Capt rushes in and finishes Bruce off immediately, Bats will come up with a way to take it.

#120 Posted by drago666 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, the OP is clearly being a fanboy and trying to put cap on top....

First of all prep time isn't nonsense, in fact, it is been showed that batman is ready for everything, even for things that he knows will never happen. So if batman knew ultimate cap existed(Which he definitely will have info on assuming they will be in the same universe for the battle) he would be prepared to kick his a** from the second he realises ultimate cap's presence. We all should know that with prep, this should be more than a fair fight. However the OP includes ultimate cap but doesn't even give batman prep. It is accepted by a majority that if normal cap and batman fought without prep, they would be evenly matched, a stalemate basically.... But how do you make cap win?? No prep for batman and Ultimate for cap... How bout we say batman 1 million or batman with the insider against ultimate cap?? That would be more than fair....

Wouldn't that just make it spite for the other side?

#121 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap still stomps.

#122 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult Cap wins for sure.

But not easy at all. And the fans that say stomp, or easy are really ignorant or super fan boys. No offense.

#123 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Stomps.

#124 Edited by Tohoma (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult. Cap mid-high diff.

#125 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is mid -high due to his versatility in gadgets and his better technical skill then most.

He's even one up people(not for the majority) like Ult Cap....Slade, Azrael.

Don't get me wrong Slade wins the majority but not easily. Same for Batman. Ult Cap will have a fight on his hands because the versatility of his weapons as Batman is more skilled as well.

Ult Cap wins but not easily is my point. To think other wise is silly.

#126 Edited by Jordanator41 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate cap takes this

#127 Posted by dondave (34579 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave

Still True

#128 Posted by Super_Buck (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap wins.

#129 Edited by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Edited by Shawnbaby (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap stomps Batman in a random Encounter. All Batman has on Ultimate Steve is a skill advantage. Ultimate Cap on the other hand is a brutal, no holds barred kind of fighter with Superhuman Stats.

#131 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap stomps Batman in a random Encounter. All Batman has on Ultimate Steve is a skill advantage. Ultimate Cap on the other hand is a brutal, no holds barred kind of fighter with Superhuman Stats.

He also has better gear.....He's probably smarter (granted ultimate cap is pretty smart).

I agree ultimate cap wins though.

#132 Posted by Super_Buck (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Cadence a girls name?

#133 Edited by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Steve can't stomp Batman in a random. All he's got physicals, and his skill deficit in comparison to Batman is even worse than the one 616 Captain America has. Batman has a vastly more versatile set of gear and is the more intelligent combatant as well. Bruce is capable of getting a majority if he plays it right.

#134 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Steve can't stomp Batman in a random. All he's got physicals, and his skill deficit in comparison to Batman is even worse than the one 616 Captain America has. Batman has better gear and is the more intelligent combatant as well. Bruce is capable of getting a majority if he plays it right.

Cap stomps.

#135 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Ultimate Steve can't stomp Batman in a random. All he's got physicals, and his skill deficit in comparison to Batman is even worse than the one 616 Captain America has. Batman has better gear and is the more intelligent combatant as well. Bruce is capable of getting a majority if he plays it right.

@wolverine08 said:

Cap stomps.

That was before I became the best there is.....

#136 Posted by Shawnbaby (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@shawnbaby said:

He also has better gear.....He's probably smarter (granted ultimate cap is pretty smart).

As far as gear goes...there isn't much that Bruce has that Steve Can't tank or Block with his Shield. In terms of IQ...Bruce has that in the bag...but as far as tactical ability is concerned..I'd rate them about on par. Without Prep, Bruce can't really capitalize on his intellectual superiority.

#137 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@shawnbaby said:

As far as gear goes...there isn't much that Bruce has that Steve Can't tank or Block with his Shield. In terms of IQ...Bruce has that in the bag...but as far as tactical ability is concerned..I'd rate them about on par. Without Prep, Bruce can't really capitalize on his intellectual superiority.

Ultimate Steve can't tank a laser that can't drop class 15's at its highest limits. Nor freeze pellets. Or sonics.

#138 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@shawnbaby said:

I don't believe ultimate cap has been tested against gas. I know he has a healing factor but I am not sure if he can resist it no problem. There is also the bat taser which harmed frankenstein. I know caps shield has blocked ultimate thors attacks so it might not conduct through the shield but I could still do damage if it connects. Its been stated before that it takes 15 tons to break batman's grapple line as well, Ultimate Steve is strong but not that strong.

There are a few other gadgets I could probably think of being used on ultimate cap but those were the ones that came to mind off the top of my head. Again I agree ultimate Steve wins handily due to his greater physicals (mainly strength and durability) but batman does have a few options.

#139 Edited by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Cap stomps.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A bit conflicted are we?

Also, this skill advantage Batman supposedly has, is by a small margin at best. Ultimate Captain America could literally rip Batman in half with his bare hands.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#140 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jashro44 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Cap stomps.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A bit conflicted are we?

Also, this skill advantage Batman supposedly has, is by a small margin at best. Ultimate Captain America could literally rip Batman in half with his bare hands.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

In terms of pure martial and technical knowledge? Hell no. Ultimate Cap can fight, yes, but his martial skill is craptastic next to Batman's.

#141 Edited by Frozen (11055 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell? Ult Cap stomps.

#142 Posted by Shawnbaby (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@jashro44 said:

@shawnbaby said:

Ultimate Steve can't tank a laser that can't drop class 15's at its highest limits. Nor freeze pellets. Or sonics.

Spoiler Alert:

He's got a Shield.

#143 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@jashro44 said:

@shawnbaby said:

Spoiler Alert:

He's got a Shield.

It's not infallible. It can be maneuvered around.

#144 Posted by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Why do you think it's so bad? He's outfought Ultimate Wolverine, Ultimate Black Panther, Fights Super Soldiers at or above his level regularly (almost all of which are military trained minimum), the Hulk, Juggernaut, Sabertooth, Assemble, and quite a few others.

Yes, he's got enhanced physicals, but so do 95% of this opponents. And most of them are well above him. So no, I don't think Batman is all that far above Captain America. Cap might not know MORE or as MANY martial arts styles, but that doesn't mean he's a worse fighter. Master of many might be more impressive, but the master of one can still be equally devastating.

So no, I don't think Cap is "craptastic" compared to Bruce, by any standards really.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#145 Posted by Hollow_Point (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with ult cap on this one. The two advantages bats has on cap is an intelligence advantage, which isnt large as ult cap has excellent inteligence feats, a negligable skill advantage, and better gear, most of which will be tanked via the sheild. Cap has a massive physical advantage that will help take the majority

#146 Posted by dondave (34579 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay Cap never fought Wolverine IIRC, he just shot him.

#147 Edited by Shawnbaby (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@jashro44 said:

@shawnbaby said:

Spoiler Alert:

He's got a Shield.

It's not infallible. It can be maneuvered around.

Unlikely. Steve's used that Shield to deflect Ultimate Hawkeye's darts back at him. And Bruce, with no prep or prior knowledge about Steve, is extremely unlikely to use a lot of his heavier ordnance at the start of the battle.

#148 Edited by Floopay (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@floopay Cap never fought Wolverine IIRC, he just shot him.

You mean in a conflict where one or both parties made a physical attack towards the other? If only there were a word to describe such a phenomena.... :-P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#149 Posted by Krypton-115 (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate cap takes it

#150 Posted by TehStranger (836 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap