No Caption Provided

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShootingNova

Probably an even split? Not sure who to lean to yet.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShootingNova

Bump @dccomicsrule2011 This is probably a good fight for you to comment on. You forgot about Saba during the list you made in the PM, I believe.

For the actual fight itself, I don't know. I do know that Agen is the most skilful here, from being one of the most skilful swordsmen in the Order and a peer of Mace Windu's, as well as stomping Quinlan Vos with laughable ease. He is superior to any of the other duelists here. Qel-Droma contending with Sylvar whilst he lost his connection to the Force is a decent showing, and so is his fighting evenly with Kun. Technically, I would consider Kun at the prime of his powers (not as a spirit) to be just as skilled as Agen, but I've also felt that the iteration of Kun that Qel-Droma stalemated wasn't at his peak. Ulic also beat Mandalore in an unorthodox fight, beat Satal Keto, and beat Cay whilst the latter was seemingly disinterested in fighting with him. None of those feats are particularly impressive in any sense of the word.

Thanaton comes last place in skill, to be honest. None of his opponents (ie. Exal Kressh, Jerbhen Hulis, etc.) were very impressive to begin with, and Thanaton failed to defeat either. IIRC, he did kill Hulis's apprentice, but that's not really worth mentioning simply because of how much it pales in comparison to the other duelists. He also beat Kreesh the second time via cheap-shotting her, essentially, not via raw skill. The only skilful opponent Thanaton has faced is Nox, who I still don't believe is quite as skilful as anybody else here (he or she does have talent, but Nox is mostly Force-centered as a combatant), and Thanaton lost to Nox as well.

And Saba really can't carry the slack. She sparred evenly with Corran Horn in Fury, which is a good showing because Corran is fairly skilful in his own right, and Ben Skywalker held Saba in high regard, but otherwise, her feats aren't overwhelmingly good. She has beaten Kenth Hamner in a real fight, and she is implied to have repeatedly beaten him in their spars and she simply regarded herself as superior (though Kenth has no feats to memory and is just held in high regard by other masters). Saba did call him a master swordsman, but even Traya was a master swordsman as per the Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide. She fought evenly with Welk, who has no other skill feats. Not really sure if beating Kenth or fighting evenly with Welk is worth bringing up, to be honest.

Sparring evenly with Corran Horn is worth bringing up, though, since Corran has fought evenly with Valin Horn whilst holding back, beaten Jensaari, and beaten Yuuzhan Vong such as Shedao Shai. I can't remember how well Saba did against the Vong herself. IIRC, Caedus also considered her skills and Force abilities to be a threat to him, but then, he assessed Kyle similarly and we all saw that Kyle was a minimal threat at best. But if Saba really is a threat to Caedus, then that speaks well of her skill and power and elevates her to Kolar's tier, though I would still place him ahead of her.

For Force abilities, I think team 2 is simply more impressive. Ulic was called one of the most powerful Sith Lords, but really, what did he do? He telekinetically shattered the machine that was binding him, as well as a torture probe, and on another occasion, he wrecked an iron balcony hurled back Nomi and Cay, but both instances were Force Screams which seemed to indicate that his power was somewhat amplified by his rage at that time, but that might not be the case. Agen lacks offensive Force power feats, though, whereas Saba, has, again, been considered a threat by Caedus, who is one of the single most powerful Sith Lords and just Force-users in general. She's a decent telekinetic and she managed to telekinetically control Kenth's Saber Throw even whilst severely injured, but she couldn't control both him and his Saber Throw at once. She has respectable showings of Sense, as well as decent showings of Heal, Speed and Valor. IIRC, she also participated in Force Melds, which requires a Jedi master of great power and depth in the Force (Outbound Flight), and she could utilize powers such as Bellow and Healing Trance.

As for Thanaton, he utilized Force Flight to glide upwards, has killed beings via Force Lightning, has formed spheres of Lightning around himself, displayed a combination of Whirlwind and Lightning that had some effect on Nox (who seemed to be saved by the spirits), utilized some form of Technometry to control two droids to attack one another (similar to Anakin), utilized a Mind Trick, and claimed to have incredible knowledge of Sith rituals and sorcery, and displayed some form of Mind Control via Sorcery (I believe it was Sorcery), though Nox resisted it with a pre-arranged technique (it might work on one of these others, though, such as Kolar). He has a nice slew of accolades (ie. insurmountable power), and we know that his status on the Dark Council is indicative of him being one of the most powerful Sith Lords in the Empire (The Old Republic Encyclopedia).

For physical attributes, most of these characters didn't really impress. Ulic created some afterglows and afterimages, IIRC, and afterglows were also created by Agen and Thanaton. I would assume that Kolar's fight with Quinlan would also be indicative of speed at least equivalent to Quin's, if not greater, but that's inference moreso than fact. Saba has displayed vast levels of physical ability, for instance, in Fury, she was still standing after a YH droid exploded. She repeatedly demonstrates enough resiliency to survive what would normally be considered fatal wounds, such as the aforementioned instance with the exploding droid, but also in other scenarios such as Dark Nest I: The Joiner King when she sustained critical injuries from Killik assassins, and in Vortex, when she was still fighting after Kenth impaled her in the stomach with his lightsaber. She has also repeatedly shown considerable levels of striking strength and speed, such as when she tired out Kenth, and LotF and FotJ repeatedly bring up her strength and ferocity, which would indicate to me that both are considerable.

So, to be honest, I don't know who wins. Saba is the most physically dominating, Thanaton the most powerful, and Agen the most skilful (which is the most pertinent element). Saba is probably the best in an all-rounded assessment, just because she has a nice blend of skill and power (and versatility). She is probably the most adaptable, as well, but all four of them should be adaptable enough. I can't really tell which side would be get the better of the other.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Agen and Qel Droma wins in a good fight

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sabers: Team 1, Thanaton is the weakest of all, and Agen alone would give Saba a difficult Sabers fight

Force: Team 2, Thanaton is the most powerful here

All Out: Agen and Qel Droma wins in a good fight