Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

This is a battle from:

Comic Vine's UFC Tournament

See the above thread for all the rules.

No Caption Provided

Ladies and gentleman, THIS IS THE MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING..

This is a fight for the Cosmic Division:

• Silver Surfer level characters
  • Herald level to be more specific

Introducing first, fighting at this corner:

the magnificent @serrure and his champion,

Adam Warlock

No Caption Provided

VS

@nickthedevil, the Flash expert, now backing up The Dog of War,

Orion

No Caption Provided

Battle Rules

• No BFR
  • Morals OFF
  • Win by any means

Standard Rules

• Morals apply for all characters, consider them to be in character for the fights.
  • Characters are unaware of enemies abilities unless they have displayed knowledge (via perks) or had previous encounters with them.
  • All characters have unlimited ammo but must reload.
  • Teleporters will not teledismember or teleport foes into structures/objectes, even when bloodlusted.
  • Character chemistry is a factor.
  • Elimination for all battle are by KO, death or incapacitation (unless stated otherwise in battle rules)
  • MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Debate respectfully. This whole competition is about arguing, so you're going to be told everything you think about characters you love is wrong. Deal with it like an adult. Any disrespectful debating can be grounds for disqualification. Play nice, and HAVE FUN!

No Caption Provided

*POST LIMIT*:

in light of the many battle tourneys lately presenting insufficient or exaggerated posts, all battles will be restricted to 7 battle posts plus one summation post where you can make closing arguments but NOT add any new information not offered before hand. Debaters can uses the 7 however they see fit to make their case. This should hopefully make it an easier read and more likely to actually get some votes

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Adam Warlock

the god slayer, which is ominous im not gonna lie

No Caption Provided

one of Marvels prominent and most powerful characters and nobody knows about him (its sad really)

Speed

he was able to react to Vulcan (while severely weakened)

No Caption Provided

he dodges a point blank blast from the Surfer, he then proceeds to cause the Surfer to submit

so does he posses the speed to hang with people like this? absolutely

Strength

this is not what id consider Warlocks strong suit he has some decent feats

he beats the crap out of Wonder Man (Class 100 fo sho)

hes able to use his magic to upgrade his hits to tear through the Phalanx

bottom line is AW has some "ok" striking feats

Energy

this is where Warlock is almost unparalleled (Quasar is better than him), id say hes slightly better than Surfer (i feel the Jimmy's rustle)

he was able to manipulate the energy of a Terrigen bomb (btw this was causing holes that opened into another universe)

he didnt generate this he just manipulated it

Adam Warlock is capable of serious AoE blasts... or less serious AoE blasts

1-2. shows him destroying 4 thousand metric tons of matter

3. shows him casting a blinding AoE (which really shouldnt be done at a bar thats like rule # 5)

4. an another one where he one shots Rocket Raccoon and Bug

he was capable of shorting out Quasar and just plain one shoted Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

this should do for a nice opener... thinking about making it my universal warlock opener

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This looks good, tag me for voting please..

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By serrure
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@serrure:

Yeah, I'll be here today. Just deaing with somethings.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure:

Yeah, I'll be here today. Just deaing with somethings.

no rush i wanted to make sure you were aware of its existence. take your time man

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this one, i want a tag.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

@higorm said:

@nickthedevil: do you plan to reply here anywhere soon?

Yes. most of the time I get on here though is at work. For which I do not have capabilities for debating at all.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: okay. Hope you can get time to enlight us with some Orion knowledge, this fight has potential to be great!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@nickthedevil: okay. Hope you can get time to enlight us with some Orion knowledge, this fight has potential to be great!

Bet your ass it will!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: Sorry man but I have to give this to @serrure, since it's been over a week he's waiting for your opening..

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@nickthedevil: Sorry man but I have to give this to @serrure, since it's been over a week he's waiting for your opening..

Yeah, for competition purposes if you need to go for it. Things are looking bleak in my future.

But I'm going to give Serrure what he was promised.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HigorM  Moderator
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

Here comes the Red Hunter, The Dog of War, Orion.

In terms of Raw strength he can hold up buildings and even tanks the building's collapse upon himself.

No Caption Provided

Kalibak preps for Orion's assault. Orion's shield tanks Kalibak's Mega rod beam, and if you look at the deflected streams, you can see the beams are destroying buildings and structures beneath. Metron even states that if Orion and Kalibak were to do battle, Half of Apokolips would be gone.

No Caption Provided

In terms of Speed he's had the Light Speed Mister Miracle admit that Orion could eventually catch him, and they have it out in a very brief chase.

No Caption Provided

Beats the turd out of a legit class 100 and resists Slig's molecular manipulation through sheer will power

As far as an opener goes, this is it. I usually don't do openers.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kingant27

This looks good so far...

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By serrure

@nickthedevil: openers are the best part man... ya get to highlight your character (although for some reason i thought you were using Nu 52)... but then again Orion doenst need much recognition for being the "dog of war"

Adam Warlocks name happens to be the "God Slayer" that just sounds legit.

Adam Warlock

No Caption Provided

so lets go over a few things

Energy Attacks...

first off they are useless against Warlock as he absorbs energy and uses it to sustain himself, secondly Adam has auto shields and better shields

he tanked a point blank star exploding. thats insanely uber

and he just has to focus to put these on

see shield
see shield

his shields are incredibly tough to get through... and once youve got that his shields down (which wont be easy) youve still got his

Durability

hes got fairly impressive durability

No Caption Provided

he no sells a speed blitz from Nova Prime, the same Nova Prime who went toe to toe with Silver Surfer.

now i get Orion is pretty durable as well, and he probably has a higher base durability then Adam does but Adam has a higher Damage Output

Damage Output

i've already shown Adam has one shoted Quasar and Silver Surfer (which takes allot of damage output even if they werent expecting it)

but he also has some pretty serious aoe blasts

these AoE blasts ranged from destroying 400 metric tons of matter to blinding at a bar (which should be illegal)

Matter Manipulation

not entirely sure if this would work on Orion but Adam has it

No Caption Provided

he has planetary lvl matter manipulation.

Gameplan

Adam Warlock uses his energy to keep Orion from being close.

if Orion gets close, he puts up his shield and then AoEs him

basically its rinse and repeat. Adam Warlocks power set limits Orion to close combat only, and Adam has the defensive skills to keep Orion from getting close.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag me for voting

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

@serrure said:

Energy Attacks...

first off they are useless against Warlock as he absorbs energy and uses it to sustain himself, secondly Adam has auto shields and better shields

Orion's Energy has never been captured and used against him. As it were, he draws straight from the Source and he's the only being that can wield it. He's fought energy absorbing connoisseurs, most chiefly being Mantis and... This is how that goes for him

New Gods Vol 3, #4

Death of the New Gods

Red Orion Vol 1, #9

No Caption Provided

Mantis is no slouch either, he's a high level energy manipulator and is regarded as the second most powerful being on Apokolips. I'd like to make a note that he's gathered so much power before at once that he challenged Darkseid himself.

Since Mantis is an obscure character more or less, I'll give you a couple feats to show he isn't just canon fodder

Here he one-shots The Teen Titans and the Favored in one blast + his own army

Here he's facing off the Legion of Superheroes and tanking/absorbing their hits

No Caption Provided

and he just has to focus to put these on

Two things, the first being that Orion's blasts and fists are both very much more powerful than a few bullets from an unnamed hand gun ala Rocket Raccoon.

The second being that the scan exhibiting survival of the explosion of the star is considerably vague. There are three high end energy manipulators in that one bubble, and since Quasar is looking pretty awe-struck, I'm sure she didn't do it, and Adam Warlock's on energy bubble has it's own look, so I ask why does it come out looking as though it's covered in metal? Was it augmented somehow by the High evolutionary? Because that is very likely considering it changes in the next page. Another thing is the middle scan, this one:

No Caption Provided

They clearly make it out of there before the explosion, that much is pointed out by the artist as the sphere looks out of depth with the explosion in the first panel, and it takes three panels to show you the extent of the actual eruption.

What was Warlock doing in the page before the first scan? Because in the first he's already emanating with some blue energy, the same color of the sphere in which they are in. Were they already thinking of retreating from that fight?

Durability

hes got fairly impressive durability

No Caption Provided

he no sells a speed blitz from Nova Prime, the same Nova Prime who went toe to toe with Silver Surfer.

Adam Warlock only took a flight straight into a stone structure from a speeding Nova. While impressive, it's not exactly Superman/Kalibak/Darkseid level. I very much doubt, that based off that one showing alone, that Orion could not beat Adam senseless. I also have to point out that Adam has a different speech bubble, the kind that indicates a robotic voice. That coupled with the text that states, "I cannot account for the robot's organic physicality or his resemblance to the being known as Adam Warlock.".Adam is obviously not his usual self, in body or mind. Maybe a little more context would help, but until this get's cleared up, it very much looks like he's not usually speaking Daft Punk and made of machine.

I mean, I've seen him get strangled by an unnamed tentacle in Guardians of the Galaxy Issue #2 by Abnett and Lanning.(Actually comes between the first two scans you show for his damage output)

No Caption Provided

Damage Output

i've already shown Adam has one shoted Quasar and Silver Surfer (which takes allot of damage output even if they werent expecting it)

but he also has some pretty serious aoe blasts

these AoE blasts ranged from destroying 400 metric tons of matter to blinding at a bar (which should be illegal)

Orion is fine being blind. Observe, a speed feat while missing his eyes.

From Red Orion #23

In terms of one shooting, I have one for you then

From Superman: Confidential

Lightspeed reflexes while chasing the Black Racer

No Caption Provided

The Black Racer gives Wally West a run for his money, by the way

From Our World's at War: Flash

No Caption Provided

Orion also has significant shielding. In my first post I displayed his ability to deflect energy already, energy powerful enough to destroy large structures.

In this Issue, Orion shields himself from a Space/Time wrinkle.

No Caption Provided

Matter Manipulation

not entirely sure if this would work on Orion but Adam has it

No Caption Provided

he has planetary lvl matter manipulation.

I do believe I already addressed his immunity to matter manipulation. Even so, if you need reinforcements, here is a feat. While being continuously broken down at the molecular level by an Old God weapon, the Mother Box also bends energy around him

Orion's Gameplan

To bypass Adam's energy absorbing and punch pummel him into the ground.

Orion has significantly faster reflexes, better shielding, more powerful power output/damage, stronger durability and a healing factor.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HigorM  Moderator
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By serrure

@nickthedevil:

Orion's Energy has never been captured and used against him. As it were, he draws straight from the Source and he's the only being that can wield it. He's fought energy absorbing connoisseurs, most chiefly being Mantis and... This is how that goes for him

I didnt say it would be used against him... however your scans show no indication that Mantis was trying to absorb or drain Orion... it just shows Orion hitting him. Quasar has been hit by energy attacks before despite him being one of the best energy manipulators in the MU

add these to the two i have already posted of Adam hitting Surfer and Quasar

No Caption Provided

a prime example comes from Adam Warlock...

and how many times has Surfer been hit with an energy attack?

No Caption Provided

another great Energy Manipulator... it doesnt mean much to get hit by them... you need scans of someone failing to drain or manipulate Orions energy.

Two things, the first being that Orion's blasts and fists are both very much more powerful than a few bullets from an unnamed hand gun ala Rocket Raccoon.

I merely was showing he could put a shield up at any time... it takes very little effort

The second being that the scan exhibiting survival of the explosion of the star is considerably vague. There are three high end energy manipulators in that one bubble, and since Quasar is looking pretty awe-struck, I'm sure she didn't do it, and Adam Warlock's on energy bubble has it's own look, so I ask why does it come out looking as though it's covered in metal? Was it augmented somehow by the High evolutionary? Because that is very likely considering it changes in the next page. Another thing is the middle scan, this one:

no the metal circle was the HE's base... it was destroyed by the exploding Star

Adam Warlock by himself shielded from that Blast

They clearly make it out of there before the explosion, that much is pointed out by the artist as the sphere looks out of depth with the explosion in the first panel, and it takes three panels to show you the extent of the actual eruption.

What was Warlock doing in the page before the first scan? Because in the first he's already emanating with some blue energy, the same color of the sphere in which they are in. Were they already thinking of retreating from that fight?

Warlock was fight Phalanx Ultron

No Caption Provided

as for Warlocks shield here it is so it is indeed only him making the shield which protected from a star

No Caption Provided

same shield this proves without a doubt that it was Warlock who created the Shield.. unaided and @killemall agrees with me on this in his Warlock Chronology thread

Adam Warlock only took a flight straight into a stone structure from a speeding Nova. While impressive, it's not exactly Superman/Kalibak/Darkseid level. I very much doubt, that based off that one showing alone, that Orion could not beat Adam senseless. I also have to point out that Adam has a different speech bubble, the kind that indicates a robotic voice. That coupled with the text that states, "I cannot account for the robot's organic physicality or his resemblance to the being known as Adam Warlock.".Adam is obviously not his usual self, in body or mind. Maybe a little more context would help, but until this get's cleared up, it very much looks like he's not usually speaking Daft Punk and made of machine.

Ultron took over Adam's body think Superior Spiderman like. no enhancements happened, no changes in power happened, nothing changed about Adam Warlock except the personality

I mean, I've seen him get strangled by an unnamed tentacle in Guardians of the Galaxy Issue #2 by Abnett and Lanning.(Actually comes between the first two scans you show for his damage output)

the "unnamed tentacle" was a beats from the cancerverse... unnamed beats from the cancerverse gave problems to people like Gladiator, Wendall Vaughn, Surfer, ect... not to mention Adam Warlock was unprepared for this as this was (IIRC) the first mention of the cancerverse

Lightspeed reflexes while chasing the Black Racer

1.he was just traveling (he didnt attack, he didnt dodge)... Thor can travel at lightspeed also but hes not dodging anything here

Orion also has significant shielding. In my first post I displayed his ability to deflect energy already, energy powerful enough to destroy large structures.

In this Issue, Orion shields himself from a Space/Time wrinkle.

and how much damage does was the space time wrinkle doing? it doesnt seem to have much feats. i mean Adam has gone through

I do believe I already addressed his immunity to matter manipulation. Even so, if you need reinforcements, here is a feat. While being continuously broken down at the molecular level by an Old God weapon, the Mother Box also bends energy around him

thats not immunity Motherbox was keeping the energy from destroying his molecules by manipulating the energy.

as far im concerned hes still vulnerable to direct Matter Manipulation. btw what is Sligs best MM feat because Warlock has manipulated an entire planet. unless his "willpower" has resisted something on that lvl im not buying this so called "immunity"

My posts

this is gonna be short because not many new things were actually presented.

its fairly simple... Warlocks shields are still stronger than what ive seen Orion do, and even then his base durability allowed him to tank blows from Ultron, Classic Drax and others

Warlock still has more overall damage output

and as far as im concerned Molecule Manipulation is still very much an option... if its his willpower that prevents direct manipulation then AW can simply do it from the safety of his shield.

and i havent even brought up when Adam tanked several punches from a Thanos "clone" or anything like that. so i can escalate i just see no reason to right now.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers