#1 Posted by Jayko (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Could all four of the greats beat one lion?

#2 Posted by NighThunder (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

I think bruce alone could beat a lion... tyson and him is sorta unfair to the lion. Yes i know the lion has 2 inch razor sharp laws and even larger fangs and can weigh a lot more than two of them combined by these two are extremely conditioned fighters, especially bruce.

#3 Edited by Juiceboks (9749 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder said:

I think bruce alone could beat a lion... tyson and him is sorta unfair to the lion. Yes i know the lion has 2 inch razor sharp laws and even larger fangs and can weigh a lot more than two of them combined by these two are extremely conditioned fighters, especially bruce.

Bruce could be in the prime of his life and he still would get torn to shreds by a full grown lion..how would he even go about fighting one? All it would take is one swipe and he's down.

#4 Posted by NighThunder (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Bruce could avoid the claws and rettaliate

#5 Edited by Juiceboks (9749 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder ..no he couldn't. Lions take down prey faster than Bruce. If the lion lunges and lands on top of him..what is he gonna do? How would he even hurt it?

1:15

How does Bruce counter a charging 400lb lion?

#6 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

The lion slaughters and eats all of them.

#7 Edited by GhostRavage (9168 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage force of Nature> Martial Arts. Unless you give them weapons and vast train in survival, they're not doing anything to something as feral and strong as a Lion. They creature is an innate predator... Humans are snacks for them without the requirements mentioned.

#8 Posted by theONEtaichou (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

The lion slaughters and eats all of them.

...this... was it ever in question?

good day

#9 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

They all get slaughtered and badly...And all three of them(besides Tyson) are all favorites of mines. Thank you for putting them in a stomp match. -__-

#10 Posted by NighThunder (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Bruce has reaction speed.

And besides, its not bruce alone here.

I think yuo guys are under-estimating the people here/

i myself love lions and have extensive knowledge on them and their anatomy, but i think the people have a fair shot.

#11 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Hilarious post. Without weapons all of them get brutally eviscerated.

#12 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

The f@ck are they gonna do to a lion? A single Lion swap has enough force to break their spine while none of them have the strength to put a lion down.

#13 Edited by Juiceboks (9749 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder I know Bruce is quick, but kicking fast isn't gonna help him here.

You said that he could take down a lion..I and pretty much everybody else so far thinks that notion is ridiculous. If you knew as much about lions as you claim, you'd know one swipe/bite would likely kill anyone of these individuals. There's no conceivable way for them to win here.

#14 Posted by NighThunder (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: i think we're imagining to different scenarios. Im thinking all of them are taking the lion at once.

Heres how i think it'd go down:

The battle starts, tyson and bruce go off first. The lion lunges at the two, trying to pin them and proceed to kill them off with a bite to the throat through suffocation. The two jump to the side and ali and silva enter. The lion growls and looks around at the four. It charges, this time at ali. It leaps and easily pins him to the ground. Ali, now about to get killed jabs at its face trying to ward it off. Bruce leaps at the lion and aims a kick at the lion while the other two try and get him off ali. The lion shreads against ali and he's imjured but not dead. The lion is thrown off before he can deliver the killing bite by the other 3. The lion lunges again and bruce leaps, aiming one of his signature flying kicks at the lions belly. The lion end up on top of bruce, but not without getting hit. Bruce throws a barrage of lightning quick punches along with the other two, silva and tyson. Eventually, the lion is bruised and beat but not dead and the 4 are clawed but also not dead.

~~before i go on, do you think any of this would happen?

#15 Posted by eternityx (2782 posts) - - Show Bio

Lion kills them all very easily, no 4 men can take one on without a weapon.

Bruce Lee is overrated, I've never seen him in a fight, he's probably the most useless person here.

By the way, a full grown lion would weigh in at over 600 lbs not 400.

Lion slaughter stomps.

#16 Edited by nickzambuto (14110 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali boxes it to death.

#17 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: i think we're imagining to different scenarios. Im thinking all of them are taking the lion at once.

The battle starts, tyson and bruce go off first. The lion lunges at the two, trying to pin them and proceed to kill them off with a bite to the throat through suffocation. The two jump to the side and ali and silva enter. The lion growls and looks around at the four. It charges, this time at ali. It leaps and easily pins him to the ground. Ali, now about to get killed jabs at its face trying to ward it off. Bruce leaps at the lion and aims a kick at the lion while the other two try and get him off ali. The lion shreads against ali and he's imjured but not dead. The lion is thrown off before he can deliver the killing bite by the other 3. The lion lunges again and bruce leaps, aiming one of his signature flying kicks at the lions belly. The lion end up on top of bruce, but not without getting hit. Bruce throws a barrage of lightning quick punches along with the other two, silva and tyson. Eventually, the lion is bruised and beat but not dead and the 4 are clawed but also not dead.

#18 Posted by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder:

That would never happen. A single swipe from a Lion would have enough power to knock a person out, if I take the claws into account, then a single swipe would easily kill a person.

Also, they would never be able to hurt the Lion with there fists, ever.

Lion slaughters.

#19 Posted by Juiceboks (9749 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all..the lion should have no trouble pinning any of these four down. Again..all it would take is one swipe to kill them. They aren't outmaneuvering a predator literally designed to take down fast prey such as gazelles, zebras, hyenas, and cheetahs.

#20 Posted by NighThunder (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: alll those animals have running speed, these fighters hae reaction speed.

#21 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't **** with the king of the jungle

humans invented firearms for a reason

#22 Edited by RisingBean (4300 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayko: Since you're new.

Make Sure It Is a Battle

The battle forum is for actual fights between characters. Things like 'who has the coolest power' or 'who gets the most chicks' ARE NOT BATTLES. Just because you put 'vs' in the title, does not automatically make it battle forum worthy. They should be placed in general discussion or in off-topic (depending on what they're about). As well, fights with characters who are not comic book or manga characters or haven't featured predominantly in comic books or manga (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

@saren Think we can move this to Gen Discussion?

#23 Posted by westy206 (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Lion, only chance the 4 have is maybe gauging its eyes out.

#24 Posted by Freefa11 (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Even your own scenario proposes the lion actually lands on Ali. Even for a heavyweight, having a 400 lb animal slam into you, even without claws and teeth, is going to mess you up. But it does have claws, and every swipe is going to leave gigantic, gushing lacerations that will likely result in shock and death in very short order, not to mention that if it hits an arm or leg, it has basically incapacitated him right there. If it hits the head or spine, he's probably dead or KO'd at best. Even if it hits the belly, there is a good chance his guts will be spilling out.

Even the first part of your scenario is unlikely to play out as you propose. A lion isn't a rhino, it's not like they have a hard time turning. Tyson jumps out of the way and... so what? The lion effortlessly changes direction with him and brings him down. I say Tyson because Bruce is a bit more nimble and actually trained for that kind of maneuver, so maybe he could actually get a bit of distance, but really, how far is Tyson going to go? You're probably going to lose him right here already.

I'm also not really sure how a flying kick is supposed to hit the lion in the belly. Unless it actually rolls over or fully rears up onto its hind legs for some reason, the lion's stomach is probably going to be one of the hardest places to reach on the thing.

I really don't think you appreciate the difference in size, strength, speed, and overall lethality involved here. Just think about boxing weight classes for a moment. They exist for a reason, because a difference of even 20 lbs is a big advantage in a fight, even for professionals, let alone a difference of 40 lbs or 60 lbs. The lion is probably around 200+ lbs heavier than any of these guys, significantly more than the difference between a featherweight and a heavyweight. Just think about how unrealistic it would be to ever have a match between a featherweight and a heavyweight sanctioned. That difference is huge by itself, plus the lion is a natural born killer with built in slashing weapons. These guys are really just outmatched.

I think boxing can be a lot of fun, and I think martial arts are great, but ultimately they were designed for people to fight other people, not animals, and especially not apex predators. Against things like lions, human beings have always resorted to using weapons.

Just to throw out my own scenario though:

I'll just say up front, this is somewhat facetious. Anyway, about the only possible hope I could see for these guys would be if they are willing to sacrifice someone (probably Bruce Lee) to the lion. While it's chowing down on him, Anderson Silva runs up behind it and kicks it in the balls as hard as he possible can. IF this actually works and assuming lions react to getting kicked in the jewels about the same way people do, it might be incapacitated enough at this point for all three of them to dogpile the thing and maybe smother or choke it before it recovers. There are a lot of ifs involved in this though.

#25 Edited by shonen3 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol tiger kills them all.

#26 Edited by Chibi_cute (4561 posts) - - Show Bio

Nahhh

Mike tyson bites the lions ear off just like what he did to evander holyfield.

Tyson beats the lion the way he beat his exwife.. then bruce lee and Anderson silva finishes the job.

On serious note.. if the lion is hungry looks like the lion is gonna feast of the flesh of these people.

#27 Posted by mtuske (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely nothing any of these guys could do to harm the Lion. Bruce Lee would probably lose to the other competitors as well especially in a real fight. Lion wins without exerting much energy.

#28 Posted by Frozen (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee has the worst chance here. He is below Ali and Tyson.

@chibi_cute: Tyson never did anything to the liar Robin Givens, unless you're referencing another wife?