• 98 results
#51 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Effect = this is all over :) I don't know how people are stil arguing against it.

#52 Posted by captain strange (73 posts) - - Show Bio

tyrant ftw.

#53 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"SeSAW said:
" How about this before I go looking for scans you show me were he has drained a high end top tier ( Martian Manhunter, Superman, Flash, Firestorm, ) or better. Then i will get you your scans off his loses, I was being sarcastic of corse he wins some battles but not anybody that would count as a high top tier and no one on Supermans level. So how have you educated me ?????
"

Captain Atom is in Tier 14, with Superman and Firestorm.... At his full potential (the point where he's powerful enough to make a universe), Captain Atom is bumped up to Tier 5.

He can drain energy from anyone he wants. That ability isn't limited to the level of beings he fights. You can't say he can't do it if that's the ability he has.  And for someone as powerful as Cap. Atom, why wouldn't he be able to drain/absorb energy from powerful beings? The only restriction on that ability is that he can't drain/absorb too much energy at one time. It doesn't matter who he's draining it from. Captain Atom was able to solo the Justice League from an alternate universe (including Martian Manhunter). He's defeated Firestorm twice, as well as Hal Jordan. He was able to turn off the energy manipulation abilities of both Firestorm (who's in the same tier with Atom and Superman) and the Ray. Hence the word manipulation (meaning control). He's beaten Major Force as always. He soloed the WildCATs, and even manipulated the molecules in Maul's body, causing him to shrink (A technique that could be used on the likes of the Hulk). He's defeated the first Monarch by himself. By himself. He's even defeated an immortal being in the astral plane (and was able to enter the astral plane under his own power). He's also created his own universe, and manipulated the reality of that universe. He fought a being that matches Superman in strength and endurance, pound for pound...

I would post scans for all of this and more, but it would lag up the thread..... I have way too many...
"

Yep and most of that stuff happened whilst he was Monarch Atom. And just as Rouge cannot absorb the powers of a being that is too powerful like Hulk, or Juggernaught cap can't drain but so much energy. And Im not trying to diss Captain Atom, hes one of my favorite characters actually, and the fact of him being Monarch proves he has potential for great power. But he has a lot of poor showings in his regular version, he just does. 
#54 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"
Yep and most of that stuff happened whilst he was Monarch Atom.
No. This is all regular Captain Atom. I haven't even listed his feats as Monarch yet. And you cannot compare Atom to Rogue. Two different characters. He absorbs energy. She absorbs powers. Doesn't work the same way. Captain Atom can drain/absorb an unlimited amount of energy, but he cannot drain/absorb too much at one time. And, he cannot drain/absorb it too fast either. There isn't a limit to how much energy he can take in. And, I don't know what poor showings you're talking about, but you keep saying it without any details. All superheroes have poor showings, pimptight. Captain Atom doesn't have a lot of them... I don't know where you got that from. But, if you want, you're welcome to post them here. Either list them of show some scans. The only poor showing you have mentioned was him losing to Superman before Major Force was killed. So, wassup?
#55 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"SeSAW said:
"
Yep and most of that stuff happened whilst he was Monarch Atom.
No. This is all regular Captain Atom. I haven't even listed his feats as Monarch yet. And you cannot compare Atom to Rogue. Two different characters. He absorbs energy. She absorbs powers. Doesn't work the same way. Captain Atom can drain/absorb an unlimited amount of energy, but he cannot drain/absorb too much at one time. And, he cannot drain/absorb it too fast either. There isn't a limit to how much energy he can take in
"

Well if he can't drain too much at one time and he can't drain it too fast then obviously there is a limit to how much he can take in and you proved my point. But I guess i will have to find a few scans for you. But i wanna see scans of regular Cap Atom beating Hal Jordan and the first Firestorm.
#56 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Well if he can't drain too much at one time and he can't drain it too fast then obviously there is a limit to how much he can take in and you proved my point. But I guess i will have to find a few scans for you. But i wanna see scans of regular Cap Atom beating Hal Jordan and the first Firestorm."
There's a limit as to how he can drain/absorb energy, but there's no limit to how much he can hold/take in. That's unlimited. I didn't prove your point. You said that he cannot drain top tiers, so tell me where I proved your point. The man was able to absorb the blast of a nuclear explosion. That should tell you something. As for the scans, they'll have to wait until tonight. I'm not at my computer at home.
#57 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Here.... Hal Jordan vs Captain Atom

caption
caption
caption
caption

caption
caption
caption

Atom vs Firestorm. This is just one of the two battles... I'll post the other one later.

caption
caption

#58 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even access the last page of the Hal Jordan fight and what happen between him and firestorm didn't look like much of a fight, it looked more like a sucker punch.  

#59 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"I can't even access the last page of the Hal Jordan fight and what happen between him and firestorm didn't look like much of a fight, it looked more like a sucker punch.  "
The last page has Atom detonating himself in a nuclear-looking explosion. He's standing over Hal, saying, "That's what I think of you and your ring, and the box of lucky charms it came in.... Yeah." It's at this link, just scroll down.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t470056.html

And, in the Firestorm fight, they clash in a large explosion, and it knocks Firestorm out for a while... The other fight was better, but the site that had it is down...

#60 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"SeSAW said:
"I can't even access the last page of the Hal Jordan fight and what happen between him and firestorm didn't look like much of a fight, it looked more like a sucker punch.  "
The last page has Atom detonating himself in a nuclear-looking explosion. He's standing over Hal, saying, "That's what I think of you and your ring, and the box of lucky charms it came in.... Yeah." It's at this link, just scroll down.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t470056.html

And, in the Firestorm fight, they clash in a large explosion, and it knocks Firestorm out for a while... The other fight was better, but the site that had it is down...

"

Good post and cool pics, Static :-)
#61 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I might have to reevaluate Cap Atom after seeing that respect thread

#62 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Good post and cool pics, Static :-)"
Thank you.
#63 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

That was interesting. Cap Atom is similar Silver Surfer. Hey now.I feel a crossover coming.

#64 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

I would'nt go that far but hes definantly more impressive than I thought and I always liked him anyways

#65 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"That was interesting. Cap Atom is similar Silver Surfer. Hey now.I feel a crossover coming."

SeSAW said:
"I would'nt go that far but hes definantly more impressive than I thought and I always liked him anyways"

I think I finally succeeded into getting people to understand this character. Many people haven't/don't read his comics at all.
#66 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
Ace High said:
"The reason Galactus is immune is cause he is a fundemental force of the Universe. Tryant maybe LIKE HIM but ISN'T HIM. Supergirl is LIKE Superman but I doubt she'd be immune to the Omega Effect either. How can Tyrant be the same as Galactus if Galactus created him? Galan was born at the beginning of the universe. Thats the whole reason why he is necessary. Tyrant is any guy with the power cosmic.
"

This is actually a bad analogy. Superman did not create Supregirl. There innate potential is independant of each other.

We all know, however, the Omega Beams has only teleported lessers beings than Galactus, and Tyrant is nearly galactus's equel in terms of power.
"How can Tyrant be like Galactus if Galactus created him?"

In the realm of Comicdom, one can create a clone or a similar construct, such as a doppleganger or simulcrum, which may possess all or nearly all the same attributes as the original.

To be like someone or something is as good as being the one or thing. For example, police officer A has a separate life than police officer B, however, both officers possess the same authority. Therefore one is as good as the other. You can say the samething for anything, even a master and apprentice. One day the apprentice may become a master and possess all the knowledge and wisdom his predessesor had.

I disagree the tyrant is just another wielder of the Power Cosmic, but evenso, he is unmatched in that department by anyone short of the might of Big G. Darkseid and Monarch combined are still a Farcry from Galactus in the power heirarchy. Tyrant can face Galactus single handed, a put up a good fight. Are you saying Darkseid and Monarch could do the same?
#67 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no they couldn't

#68 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur.

#69 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Ball Buster said:
"That was interesting. Cap Atom is similar Silver Surfer. Hey now.I feel a crossover coming."

SeSAW said:
"I would'nt go that far but hes definantly more impressive than I thought and I always liked him anyways"

I think I finally succeeded into getting people to understand this character. Many people haven't/don't read his comics at all.
"

Captain Atom is one of the most underated and underwritten characters around in comics! He absolutely rocks, always has and always will :-)
#70 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"YES BUt the fact still remains that tyrant is much much more power than a mere darkseid he could use his power to kill darkseid before he could even shoot his omega beams or use his powers to counter it... he sitll has the cosmic power equal that of galactus."
It doesnt matter how much power tyrant has

he isnt an essential part of the universe so he goes bye bye when the OE hits
#71 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

That's only if it's PC Omega Effect. If not, then it won't even scratch him. Tyrant manhandles the both of them. Tyrant quite easily took down Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Morg, Jack of Hearts and Ganymede. He also stated that among them, the Surfer was the strongest, and still Tyrant easily defeated them all before engaging in battle against Thanos.

#72 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if it is PC Darkseid can't and never has erased someone with more power than him.

#73 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Monarch would obliterate Tyrant with a simple hand wave

#74 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"Monarch would obliterate Tyrant with a simple hand wave "

i really don't think so lol
#75 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

When Tyrant becomes a multiversal universe destroying being then maybe he might last more then 3 seconds

#76 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"When Tyrant becomes a multiversal universe destroying being then maybe he might last more then 3 seconds "

lol again monarch is not gonna solo tyrant, people who think so really don't know tyrant, at near full power he is still close to the big G.
#77 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Teh big G
Monarch would annhilate Galactus also
Like I said 

When Tyrant becomes a multiversal threat and a universe buster then he might have a chance..until then he dies horribly

#78 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"OMG Teh big G Monarch would annhilate Galactus also Like I said   When Tyrant becomes a multiversal threat and a universe buster then he might have a chance..until then he dies horribly "

monarch is not a universe buster lol he only killedl ife and he is not a multiversal threat on that high of a degree all he does is go from planet to planet taking them over he's not a threat to the multiverse itself and galactus would beat monarch at near full power since by your ligic then SMP should be tyrant and galactus
#79 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you cant technically destroy a universe..unless somehow you can destroy space...
Right..because a guy whos waging war against the Monitors isnt a multiversal threat =/
SMP isnt in Monarchs league either...the only reason SMP lasted that long was because Monarch was toying with him

Tyrant gets hand waved away...52 monitors cant stand up to him...Tyrant couldnt even take 1

#80 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Tyrant at full power was stated to be near Galactus level of power..at what level? Starving Galactus? Well fed Galactus? 
Assuming a full powered Tyrant is as powerful as mid powered Galactus...Tyrant is gonna get hand waved away

Galactus couldnt take Monarch unless he was full or at least near full power

#81 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"Well you cant technically destroy a universe..unless somehow you can destroy space... Right..because a guy whos waging war against the Monitors isnt a multiversal threat =/ SMP isnt in Monarchs league either...the only reason SMP lasted that long was because Monarch was toying with him  Tyrant gets hand waved away...52 monitors cant stand up to him...Tyrant couldnt even take 1 "

the omitors are a lame idea and not even the true monitors (the ones shown in superman 3D are) and SMP was taking it to monarch ALOT monarch was not toying with him show me where it says this, and again waging war with someone and being a threat to the multiverse itself is far different, anti-monitor he's a threat to the multiverse, mandrakk he is as well, monarch is not
#82 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

The one in 3D was one Monitor...Mandrakk..the one in countdown shielded himself from Monarchs universe destroying blast

Monarch was toying with him..he even made jokes about Primes adolescence...if he wanted to he could of easily obliterated Prime...

And again going to different universes..killing off heroes and capturing them..building an army to battle the Monitors

Makes you a multiversal threat...Tyrant gets hand waved away

#83 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Its simple really..when you can challenge to Monitors..all 52 of them...and they recognize you as a threat..then you are a multiversal threat..PERIOD

#84 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"The one in 3D was one Monitor...Mandrakk..the one in countdown shielded himself from Monarchs universe destroying blast  Monarch was toying with him..he even made jokes about Primes adolescence...if he wanted to he could of easily obliterated Prime...  And again going to different universes..killing off heroes and capturing them..building an army to battle the Monitors  Makes you a multiversal threat...Tyrant gets hand waved away "
that does not make you a multiversal threat that just makes you a being whos giving the multiverse a headache, and theres MANY monitors lol not just mandrakk come on like here 

ou see the person talking to sups thats another monitor a TRUE monitor lol  
and monarch was only telling jokes to get prime angry i mean does THIS look like someone toying with him 

#85 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

He was toying with Prime..he even tried to out muscle him instead of using energy attacks

The Monitors referred to him as a multiversal threat
Giving the multiverse a headache? He made the monitors nearly shit themselves multiple times, that isnt a headache

He is a multiversal threat..it isnt a hard concept if you dont ignore the facts...when you punk out beings like the Monitors and make them cower in fear...then you are a multiversal threat

and unfortunetly Tyrant cant stand up to that..which is why he gets hand waved away

#86 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

tyrant @ full power takes this
#87 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" tyrant @ full power takes this "
Tyrant dies at full power
#88 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Assume control of the multiverse...yeah he must only be a headache =/
#89 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis:
monarch and ds ain't gonna kill tyrant @ full power
#90 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis: monarch and ds ain't gonna kill tyrant @ full power "
Yeah actually Monarch would rather easily
52 Monitors couldnt even scratch Monarchs armor
Tyrant couldnt even take 1 Monitor
#91 Posted by zi721 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. In the end I'll go with Monarch and Darkseid. Tyrant is damn powerful(even in his reduced state), but I doubt a reduced Tyrant could give(an at the time, Guardian powered) Superman-Prime a run for his money, which is exactly what Monarch did. And Darkseid on top of it? I'm not saying it will be an easy one, but I still say it's a win(for the DC team).
#92 Edited by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

It is an easy fight for team 2

Monarch obliterates Tyrant while Darkseid doesnt have to lift a finger

#93 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"Also Tyrant at full power was stated to be near Galactus level of power..at what level? Starving Galactus? Well fed Galactus?  Assuming a full powered Tyrant is as powerful as mid powered Galactus...Tyrant is gonna get hand waved away  Galactus couldnt take Monarch unless he was full or at least near full power "

Full-Powered Galactus was nearly defeated by Tyrant back before Earth-616
#94 Posted by Racer_X (663 posts) - - Show Bio

monarch wins ez
#95 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Between DS's OB and Monarchs power, I see them taken down Tyrant.
#96 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrant possibly, actually does rape them both leaving them victims and forcing them to turn to oprah or the maury show..:/
#97 Posted by Electricity (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I think team 2
#98 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Monarch cannot take on a fully powered Galactus.  

Tyrant FTW.