#1 Posted by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrael travels to Earth at his physical form o watch the mortals in their normal life's. Thor is around and see Tyrael. He thinks of Tyrael as a formidable enemy and he ask if booth could duel. Tyrael accepts and booth decides to battle in the desert. Who wins?

Morals on and bloodlusted off.

The Archangel of Justice?

Or The Mighty God of Thunder?

#2 Posted by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

No one? Then my vote goes to Tyrael. The battle would last some seconds until Tyrael cut Mjornil in two with El'druin.

#3 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrael's feats?

#4 Posted by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Tyrael's feats?

In the games? He was just a watcher. In the books and according to him:

-It's faster than the eye can see.

-Can destroy Sanctuary a thousand times with just a portion of his powers.

-The demons are soo insignificant to him that an entire armada or realm of demons attacking him would be the same as maggots running from a Flood.

-His sword can destroy and cut any material or anything in existence.

-Can create entire realms of existence. But he's prohibited by the law.

#5 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Tyrael's feats?
#6 Posted by lytet5 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

well, lore-wise, the guy's practically a rune king thor...just saiyan

#7 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Tyrael's feats?

-The demons are soo insignificant to him that an entire armada or realm of demons attacking him would be the same as maggots running from a Flood.

Any video to show any of this?

#8 Posted by TheEd (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrael struggled against a decrepit Diablo in a cutscene. Thor stomps

#9 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor!!!!!!

#10 Posted by BeefiestName (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrael from D3 kind of renounced his divinity didn't he? Unless you're talking about a previous version of Tyrael, I don't think he can beat Thor without full powers.

#11 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Thor!!!!!!

this

#12 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

The demons that Tyrael vanquishes would be disintegrate with a mere wave of Thor's hand. Hell was conquered by a single human warrior in Diablo lore, that man was the greatest fighter in diablo history (well, at least in my opinion), but he was still human. Thor's feats still vastly outweigh anything Tyrael has done, and everything else about Tyrael is mostly hyperbole.

His sword has been blocked before as well, so the whole "cut through anything" is clearly hyperbole as well

Jump to: 3:09 to 3:14, you can clearly here his sword being deflected and blocked

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@BeefiestName said:

Tyrael from D3 kind of renounced his divinity didn't he? Unless you're talking about a previous version of Tyrael, I don't think he can beat Thor without full powers.

Yes. The angelical version. D3 LORE doesn't make sense. Nephalems are beings born from demons and angel fathers. There was no way he became human.

@Ddecourt said:

@Frocharocha said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Tyrael's feats?

Any video to show any of this?

I tried searching the vid from Act 3 when he mentioned to me some of his god like powers. But i wasn't able. Probably because the mage-girl had to be on your party. Forgot her name.

@Floopay said:

The demons that Tyrael vanquishes would be disintegrate with a mere wave of Thor's hand. Hell was conquered by a single human warrior in Diablo lore, that man was the greatest fighter in diablo history (well, at least in my opinion), but he was still human. Thor's feats still vastly outweigh anything Tyrael has done, and everything else about Tyrael is mostly hyperbole.

His sword has been blocked before as well, so the whole "cut through anything" is clearly hyperbole as well

Jump to: 3:09 to 3:14, you can clearly here his sword being deflected and blocked

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hell wasn't conquered. And he wasn't a human, he was a nephalem. And all old Diablo characters were killed by the demons shortly after. Entire citys were know to be corrupted by The Prime evil on their weakest inside a goodman rock. Hell is composed by many planes of existence, as far as i know, no being ever conquered Hell.

About the sword i must agree. It's either hyperbole or they didn't have resources to recreate that.

#14 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha:

Aiden was not a Nephalem. He walked through hell, and slayed Diablo in his own circle of hell. As well as Lazarus and a host of demons.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#15 Posted by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@Frocharocha:

Aiden was not a Nephalem. He walked through hell, and slayed Diablo in his own circle of hell. As well as Lazarus and a host of demons.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Are you sure? According to Diablo Lore:

The Nephalem are the direct offspring of angels and demons, with the potential to be even greater than both. It is believed that such beings as Bul-Kathos, Rathma, and Esu, to name a few, are the first Nephalem to be born, and that their children are the current barbarians, necromancers, and sorceresses whom we know today in the Diablo universe.

All classes are know to be Nephalem, explaining how they can slay hordes of demons with ease. But if you are right, then heck.

#16 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Thor!!!!!!

#17 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Frocharocha
1.Most of this statements weren't shown, so they are actually hard to be judge. 
2.You've said "cities". And this is actually end for Tyrael. If hell's feat is taking cities (I've played in D1 and D2) and Tyrael didn't solod all of them, then he barely is at city-level. Even if he couldn't act, then someone from heaven should be able to take out this demons with wave of their hand. Thor would destroy all these Hell's armies with hurricane, for example similar to Katrina. They wouldn't stand a chance. Thor would one-shot whole Hell with all demons shown in first 2 games, with anti-matter blast boosted by his storms. Or he would simply throw his hammer and destroy it in way Beta Ray Bill (his perfect equal) destroyed planet in his fight with Stardust. Thor by himself is able to summon storm with power greater than planet-busting beam of energy. And God Blast is actually able to put on their knees galaxy level demons. Diablo and his brothers would have problems with nuclear explosion - Thor took it and wasn't even KOd, let alone killed (IIRC Wonder Man was on his knees and Thor was normally still standing after its explosion and Washington destrutcion during war with Kang). 
Not the same level.
#18 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha said:

@Floopay said:

@Frocharocha:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Are you sure? According to Diablo Lore:

The Nephalem are the direct offspring of angels and demons, with the potential to be even greater than both. It is believed that such beings as Bul-Kathos, Rathma, and Esu, to name a few, are the first Nephalem to be born, and that their children are the current barbarians, necromancers, and sorceresses whom we know today in the Diablo universe.

All classes are know to be Nephalem, explaining how they can slay hordes of demons with ease. But if you are right, then heck.

100%, that is only Diablo 3 where they are Nephalem born. None of the Diablo 2 heroes (who according to Diablo history defeated Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto as a team, not as an individual) nor the Diablo 1 hero (officially Aiden, later known as the Dark Wanderer, and the son of Leoric) were Nephalem.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#19 Edited by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Frocharocha: 1.Most of this statements weren't shown, so they are actually hard to be judge. 2.You've said "cities". And this is actually end for Tyrael. If hell's feat is taking cities (I've played in D1 and D2) and Tyrael didn't solod all of them, then he barely is at city-level. Even if he couldn't act, then someone from heaven should be able to take out this demons with wave of their hand. Thor would destroy all these Hell's armies with hurricane, for example similar to Katrina. They wouldn't stand a chance. Thor would one-shot whole Hell with all demons shown in first 2 games, with anti-matter blast boosted by his storms. Or he would simply throw his hammer and destroy it in way Beta Ray Bill (his perfect equal) destroyed planet in his fight with Stardust. Thor by himself is able to summon storm with power greater than planet-busting beam of energy. And God Blast is actually able to put on their knees galaxy level demons. Diablo and his brothers would have problems with nuclear explosion - Thor took it and wasn't even KOd, let alone killed (IIRC Wonder Man was on his knees and Thor was normally still standing after its explosion and Washington destrutcion during war with Kang). Not the same level.

He wasn't present at D1. In D2 he was more just of an observer than a combatant. When i said cities, it's like putting Odin inside an indestructible Ore/Crystal. The Soulstone weakened The Prime Evils, a lot. But they still could use their presence to corrupt everyone around. Diablo goals was to posses the body of Tristam King son so he could at least walk around and free his brothers. While that Mephisto and Baal probably suffered from Boredoom and lack of plans.

If Tyrael acted more than he could, Diablo and Malthael would probably get him sooner. Btw found that Tyrael feat can do way more than just blow up Earth a thousand times. I found this information from the book Sin War:

However his brother in the same book who is said to be on a lower power level than Tyrael could destroy the world 1000 times over (statement not an actual feat unlike those following), create a storm of ice and snow where there was hail chunks so large they could cause enormous craters in the Earth and he can make mountains out of the ground with gestures.

LORE Tyrael is unbelievable stronger than the game one.

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Frocharocha

That is better, but I have problems with similar statements. For example one that often in books like that they think only about Earth's shell, not planet. "World" for them will be human's one. I am still not convinced.
#21 Edited by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Frocharocha: That is better, but I have problems with similar statements. For example one that often in books like that they think only about Earth's shell, not planet. "World" for them will be human's one. I am still not convinced.

We may never know. They some times reefer Sanctuary as a realm but just as sanctuary. But Imperius Spear is said to be forged in the hearth of a Super Nova, so there's the possibility of a whole universe .

#22 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#24 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor takes this.

#25 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#26 Posted by Frocharocha (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Frocharocha: That is better, but I have problems with similar statements. For example one that often in books like that they think only about Earth's shell, not planet. "World" for them will be human's one. I am still not convinced.

After some search, i found that The Archangels of Diablo can wipe out entire Realms of existence. From Book of Cain:

During one of Imperius's invasions of Hell, it is written that Solarion felled so many demons that rivers of blood flowed throughout the realms of the Great Evils.

So, apparently. The Great Evils has their own realms. Like Imperius has his Hall of Trophies and Tyrael.

#27 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#28 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#29 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

tyrael

#30 Posted by thedragon9090 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot of the guys that have said thor are kinda stupid i dont like to say it but tyrael is an angel thats all i need to say its because he is an angel he would only use a percent of his power against thor tyrael is 1000% more powerful than thor or odin or any of the other gods combined what a lot of you fail to relies is that tyrael can cut that stupid hammer in half and thor would die tyraels wings of energy to destroy thor without having to use his weapons at all also thor is not technically immortal he has longevity he eats golden apples from his dads garden just to sustain life whilst tyrael is truly immortal he has reached the absolute stage of immortality that was before he decided to become human so you thor lovers only say thor because you hate the truth sorry but thor would lose this fight so bad it would be so sad to talk about it