Ty Lee and Mai vs Azula

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

Free running grounds... there are rock crags around for protection and possible artilerly. 

Mai has 30 blades and 90 arrows in her concealed projectile pouches...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Yes.... I love you for this thread. 

I honestly think that Mai and Ty Lee could take this. It really all depends on whether Ty Lee can get a strike or two on Azula, because that will be all that it takes to stop her bending or even put her down for the count. 

If I were them I would have Mai distract Azula from cover by sending some projectiles her way. From behind Ty Lee should take advantage of Azula's attention being fixed on Mai and hit her with the element of surprise. It may be difficult, but if they can do this successfully we have already seen what Ty Lee can do to her.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

THey'd win...I mean, if in Episode: Boiling Rock part 2, it showed that Mai is capable of handling firebenders, and fighters. ANd I think because of her knowledge of Azula's style, she'd be able to at least get some hits in, if not more. and Tai Li has taken down pretty much everyone in the Avatarverse
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Slight: Yup...Ty Lee :P
Avatar image for victoriagrey_2010
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By VictoriaGrey_2010

Hmm  
tough call, I think Azula though, but if Ty Lee were to some how get a couple shots at Azula, Than Azula loses, no question. If Azula were to create a circle of fire around herself, then everything that Mai threw would just burn.
Torrent Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Torrent Prower

Ty Lee and Mai!
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VictoriaGrey_2010

lol
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VictoriaGrey_2010

lol
The Misfit_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Misfit_
@VictoriaGrey_2010:
True, but that kind of shield can only last a few seconds.
DaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaMan
@The Misfit_ said:
"@VictoriaGrey_2010: True, but that kind of shield can only last a few seconds. "
She can make another one.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula is not like your average fire bender, she is nearly perfect, everything must be  Precise, perfect, plus she is ten times stronger than the average firebender aswell, so I am sure she wou;d be able to hold the shield a bit longer than just a few SECONDS.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@VictoriaGrey_2010 said:
"

Azula is not like your average fire bender, she is nearly perfect, everything must be  Precise, perfect, plus she is ten times stronger than the average firebender aswell, so I am sure she wou;d be able to hold the shield a bit longer than just a few SECONDS.

"
No. She is a prodigy, one of the best Firebenders in the World. Her fire is more efficient than most firebenders, and for her age she is amazing. I wouldn't say 10x (there is no proof of that stat) but she is significantly more powerful and skilled than most.

What you aren't taking into account is that most firebenders do not possess the skill to even create a shield like that. She did in "The Chase" and it lasted about 4-5 seconds. Jeoung Jeoung created one in "The Deserter" and his didn't even last for more than 5-8 seconds and he is quite possibly the greatest firebender in the world except for Ozai, and Iroh.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lunacyde:
Hmm, thank you for the correction, but Azula's fire is stronger, and hotter than all of the firebenders in Avatar, she is the only one who can bend blue fire, blue fire is ten times stronger than orange, if you pay attention, you can see that once Azula's fire hits something, it then turns orange, because it is KIND OF  cooling down. Also Azula has put up fire sheilds for hours, in book three, when she is announced Fire Lord, in the trone room, she was able to keep the blue fire up for days, but then again, so did all of the Fire Lords, but only in orange
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Lunacyde said:
" @VictoriaGrey_2010 said:
"

"
No. She is a prodigy, one of the best Firebenders in the World. Her fire is more efficient than most firebenders, and for her age she is amazing. I wouldn't say 10x (there is no proof of that stat) but she is significantly more powerful and skilled than most.  What you aren't taking into account is that most firebenders do not possess the skill to even create a shield like that. She did in "The Chase" and it lasted about 4-5 seconds. Jeoung Jeoung created one in "The Deserter" and his didn't even last for more than 5-8 seconds and he is quite possibly the greatest firebender in the world except for Ozai, and Iroh. "

Agreed...for two reasons...The Phoenix King, Iroh, and Jiong Jiong... all of which are considered to be the best of the best, and thier fire is red/orange. Also, the Sun Warriors fire is red/orange
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

err 
lol 
:)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Slight:
Everyone's fire is red/orange except for Azula's. It is said to be more efficient(although not more powerful). She is the only one who exhibits the ability to create blue fire.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, ok, I agree with that, it is not stronger, but more affective, and hotter
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@VictoriaGrey_2010: If Mai can get Azula's attention long enough for Ty Lee to get a few hits on Azula, she is going down. It may sound silly but Ty Lee is a bad a$$.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lunacyde:

Hell yea, Ty Lee is REAL bad ass
ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team could take it

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

Azula. Ty Lee blindsided Azula at the boiling rock. When ready, Azula is agile enough to keep out of Sokka's, Toph's and even Aang's reach for a prolonged period of time without bending, combine that with an offensive and and she wins this soundly. Ty Lee and Mai will survive for a while, but they are going down. Mai first.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula for the win. I think she would be too much for them.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By raimundopedrosa

Mai and Ty Lee win. Honestly, Mai's audacity, sheer defiance, and lack of fear of Azula already gives her major advantages over the princess. Mai also has experience fighting firebenders and is definitely more than familiar with Azula's style of fighting. There's also the fact that, as the show stressed, Mai grew up observing Azula's fighting style and actually knew her style very well. Azula, on the other hand, does not know Mai as well as vice versa, and this familiarity and immunity to Azula's major weapons makes Mai more than a plausible distraction and hindrance to Azula. While Azula has trouble with Mai, Ty Lee steps in and, as soon as she gets close, Azula's mush. Seriously, Ty Lee only took two hits to render the princess defenseless. I don't care what anyone says about Azula's agility, but she is NOT on par with Ty Lee in pure hand to hand combat and agility. For anyone in doubt, watch the flashback in "Zuko Alone" and how easily Ty Lee outdoes Azula in pure acrobatics. Seriously, one hit from Azula, if it even connects, may slightly throw Ty Lee off, but one hit from Ty Lee will severely paralyze and damage Azula's fighting ability, be it bending or not. Mai may not be able to beat Azula alone, but she sure as hell can keep her at bay and Ty Lee is more than agile enough to dodge anything that Azula throws at her, get in close, and utterly own her in hand to hand combat. Azula will be occupied with dodging Mai's knives and trying to unhinge her by failing, while Ty Lee will easily outdo Azula in acrobatics like she always does, get in close, and neutralize her ability as a fighter at all.

"The Boiling Rock" alone proved that Mai was alone enough of a distraction to keep Azula at bay while Ty Lee easily subdued Azula. The fight literally already happened with a swift victory for the team. It took a huge amount of guards to finally subdue the two. Azula is quite a bit behind Ty Lee in pure hand to hand, as well as acrobatics. And Mai alone will give Azula a hell of a fight on her hands.

@lunacyde: I agree 100%. Except one thing: blue fire IS stronger. However, Azula will already have to dodge Mai's darts, as well as shooting fire at her. Azula may be agile and a good hand to hand combatant, but against Ty Lee... forget it. So, I agree that Mai stalls Azula while Ty Lee gets in close. Seriously, they just have to repeat what they did in "The Boiling Rock". Azula got her ass handed to her by Ty Lee when Mai was busy stalling her.

@zhurong: Yup, I agree. Mai alone can give her a damn good fight, especially since she is experienced in holding off firebenders and Azula's scare tactics don't work on her. Much like Katara, Mai is one of the few to be unintimidated by Azula and have a cool demeanor while fighting her, which ruins Azula's chances to fight dirty. Once Mai has Azula at bay, Ty Lee subdues the princess with ease.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Azula. Ty Lee blindsided Azula at the boiling rock. When ready, Azula is agile enough to keep out of Sokka's, Toph's and even Aang's reach for a prolonged period of time without bending, combine that with an offensive and and she wins this soundly. Ty Lee and Mai will survive for a while, but they are going down. Mai first.

moose_juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moose_juice

Since this was updated a month ago i'll comment.

I have to say Mai & Ty Lee would win.

It comes down to whether or not you think Mai is capable of distracting Azula long enough for Ty Lee to get in close enough to do her chi blocking thing. Azula's good at martial arts but compared to Mai & Ty Lee who've never had bending to depend on she comes out lacking.

Though i have to say Azula is my favourite character and in my opinion one of the top fighters in the avatar universe, off the top of my head I can only count two times she's lost - Ty lee & katara - and i don't really know if they count since ty lee caught her off guard and she was batsh*t insane for the last fight.

AdamShumpisxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Azula's reflexes are just too good for them, and she isn't lacking offensively either.

Yeah...Azula wins.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team takes it.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ty Lee can possibly solo.

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ebonhawk

Azula takes this in a decent fight.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ty Lee can possibly solo.

why, cus she sucker punched Azula that one time? lol

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

The team are perfectly capable of beating her:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/mai-and-ty-lee-respect-thread-1827396/

But based on the fear they always had for her (Book 2- Smoke and Shadow), canonical quotes, as well as the comic showings Azula handily takes it:

It's just a 50/50 IMO. But honestly, Azula is the one and only firebeder I can think that can beat these 2. I mean, she is the only firebender that has an answer other than dodging to Mai's knives. The others heat them up and get killed as shown in The Promise. But Azula can do this:

Cause that deflects Sokka's boomerang and it can do the same with Mai
Cause that deflects Sokka's boomerang and it can do the same with Mai

and at the same time can keep Ty Lee at bay. She also has fire jets to deal with them.

No other firebender can deal with these two, and I'm not even sure on Azula being able to. Others migth be able to perform similar firebending feats, but they would lack the agility an reflexes to deal with knife throwing and chi-blocking.

Alright, my overall thoughts are:

Mai and Ty Lee vs EoS Azula -> Mai and Ty Lee
Mai and Ty Lee vs Kerumikage Azula -> Azula

As far as logic goes, this should be the answer. But it could basically go either way.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it could go either way, depending on how close Ty Lee can get to land a hit and just sheer luck.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading Smoke and Shadows I think that Azula should be able to take on her two former friends.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula kills both with utmost ease, they had already trouble as she was just playing around with them in Smoke and Shadow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the comics give the edge to Azula.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula stomps period.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Masma94

Mai and Ty Lee are lucky that Azula still has a soft spot for them, she should be able to beat them both with her superior skills, her tactical intelligence and her bending abilies but without killing or too seriously injuring them. She should also be able to block Mai's projectiles with a fire wall or to dodge them.